Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

shano_88 wrote: »
    Not really, I dont think Eduardo and Vela are ever going to as effective up front on there own. They can both play on the wing as can Bendtner. I really think we need a striker in January now that RVP is out for the season.

For me its time to put Walcott through the middle.

We all know he is not a winger so now is the time to prove that he actually is a striker.

He needs to be on the edge of the Chelsea defense making runs, making Terry and co nervous and making space for Fabregas and Arshavin.

His pace can be the key to defeating Chelsea on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

anyone for some good news and quality reading?? :)

Cesc i <3 you

Thanks for that.

Except I feel a bit "ugh" for enjoying an article in the Mail.

*shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Frisbee wrote: »
    Buying another striker isn't the answer.

We have Eduardo and Vela to do us a job atm and Bendtner to come back in a few weeks.

Buy another striker and next year we have:

RVP, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela and AN Other all fighting for one starting spot.

We need a focal point for the attack. RVP was doing a top job of that this year - the likes of his lay off for Fabregas vs Wolves. He was getting stronger too and becoming the target man to replace Adebayor for want of a better description.

Personally, I don't think Eduardo or Vela are up to that. Bendtner maybe but he is too streaky a player to depend on to win things this season. He's good but not ready to lead the attack yet. The only solution I can see is we revert to playing 2 up top and play Eduardo, Vela or Walcott off Bendtner. If Wenger wants to keep the same system (4-3-3/4-5-1 dynamic) he simply has to buy a player capable of being the focal point for the attack. I don't think Chamakh is that player - he's too light and too similar to what we have already. As I've said, I think Dzeko would be a great buy. The Bosnian would adapt easily to and flourish under Arsenal's system imo.

We have to win tomorrow to keep the League hopes alive too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

And what happens then next year when we revert to 4-3-3 and

RVP, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela and Dzeko (our big January purchase, and it will take a big bid to get him considering he just signed a new contract last week) are all competing for one place and at least one won't be making the bench and the dissension starts.

If we want to sign Dzeko, imo, we have to sell Eduardo or Bendtner, both want first team football, whereas I think Vela would be happy enough spending another year as a sub.

• Advertisement

Do you think Eduardo, Bendtner and Vela have it in them to lead a title challenging attack for a large chunk of the season? Cos I certainly don't think any of them are up to it. I will grant Vela the excuse he hasn't been tried and is open to making a case for himself.

I'd welcome that selection headache. Lets face it; Arsene has to spend a bit of money next year on a couple of defenders at least - a replacement for Gallas is needed. If Arsenal were to buy an attacker, defender and goalkeeper I'd welcome the selection headaches it'd throw up, and I doubt it too tbh seeing as we perenially have at least 3 players on the sidelines at any one time. Has our squad ever been fully fit? I mean in terms of a first choice match day 16?

cson wrote: »
    Do you think Eduardo, Bendtner and Vela have it in them to lead a title challenging attack for a large chunk of the season? Cos I certainly don't think any of them are up to it. I will grant Vela the excuse he hasn't been tried and is open to making a case for himself.

Tbf the way 75% of the regular posters on this thread (including myself) were circle jerking over Eduardo before the season started yes, I believe that once Eduardo gets a run of games going, he's well capable of leading the line. And Bendtner is more than adequate cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Forget Dzeko. You're talking €25m+, never ever going to happen.

I don't think Eduardo is up to it. Maybe a goal for him will change that but he's been piss poor this season and we're gonna start dropping points without RVP imo. That said I don't think we'll be challenging for the title at the business end of proceedings until we can beat the likes of Sunderland away and not **** up a 2-0 away to West Ham.

Forget Dzeko. You're talking €25m+, never ever going to happen.

Exactly. There's no-one out there who is affordable enough to buy for what will essentially be cover for RVP for half a season and still make is seem to make sense

• Advertisement

Carlton Cole :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Heres to an Arsenal win today lads.

Carlton Cole :p
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    Heres to an Arsenal win today lads.

You guys are really starting to confuse me... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I was just saying earlier to a mate how Carlton Cole would be a decent purchase. And I do think it's Theo time tomorrow. I have a feeling this could be a very big game in his career. Even from the bench. It's time he got played up front. His finishing has steadilly improved. And his pace will always cause the other teams cb's priblems. As mentioned above, it will force Chelsea to defend deeper. I think Eduardo will start ahead of Theo tomorrow though.

cole would be a step backwards from rvp IMO.
    ok vp is injured but cole simply isn't in the same league technically as any of our strikers and lets face it...its all about technical ability at arsenal strikers.

West Ham in the FA Cup

Not a great draw for us.

home or away...pretty tough start.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

At the mo neither Vela nor Eduardo deserve to be considered for the central spot in a 4-3-3, which definately leaves us understaffed in that position. 2 games without van Persie and Bendtner now and we've failed to create a single chance (that I can recall) in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Thought Arshavin was poor today, he is really starting to frustrate me.

Title challenge has got to be over now. I'd be more concerned with holding things together and not slipping out of the top 4. Liverpool, City, Villa not far behind, and Spurs ahead.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Thought Arshavin was poor today, he is really starting to frustrate me.

He looks very lazy at times. Standing around when he could at least make a run. He's starting to remind me of Berbatov. Ok granted other times he's willing to get stuck in.

He looks very lazy at times. Standing around when he could at least make a run. He's starting to remind me of Berbatov. Ok granted other times he's willing to get stuck in.

When he put in a poor cross and slipped I think, he just sat on his arse, instead of jumping up and trying to win it back. I feel like **** at the moment.

An absolutely pathetic performance.

Alumina - Awful for the third goal, nothing he could do about the first two. Very little else to do.

Sagna - Good game.

Gallas - Very quiet, he let Drogba drift away from himself far too easy for Chelsea's first.

Vermaelen - Meh 50-50.

Traore - Played ok, got forward a lot but very little end product.

Song - Good game in the first half. The mind boggles why he was taken off.

Fabregas - Absolutely anonymous, all he did was moan at the referee for most of the game

Denilson - Quiet but Solid game.

Arshavin - Utter shíte, lost the ball consistently, awful decision making and spent far too much time sitting on his arse looking questioningly at the referee when something didn't go his way. He was petulant and thouroughly undeserving of a spot in the team.

Nasri - Probably our best player, did well and looked to get forward as much as possible. Can't believe he was taken off over Arshavin.

Eduardo - I honest to god can't think of a single instance where he kept the ball within 25 yards of the Chelsea goal. The sooner Bendtner is back the better.

Walcott - Did ok when he came on, didn't run at Chelsea enough imo.

Rosicky - Our best player after Nasri, things started looking up when he came on.

Vela - Did what he could and injected some pace into the game, tended to go out wide too much.

Overall that game was finished when Chelsea's second goal went in imo, we were pure kak. Neither Arshavin nor Fabregas deserve to start the next game on the back of that performance, however they will.
    I was never too optimistic before the game but that was embarrassing to watch.

Arshavin - Utter shíte, lost the ball consistently, awful decision making and spent far too much time sitting on his arse looking questioningly at the referee when something didn't go his way. He was petulant and thouroughly undeserving of a spot in the team.

+1

I am actually starting to dislike him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

An absolutely pathetic performance.

Alumina - Awful for the third goal, nothing he could do about the first two. Very little else to do.

Sagna - Good game.

Gallas - Very quiet, he let Drogba drift away from himself far too easy for Chelsea's first.

Vermaelen - Meh 50-50.

Fabregas - Absolutely anonymous, all he did was moan at the referee for most of the game

Nasri - Probably our best player, did well and looked to get forward as much as possible. Can't believe he was taken off over Arshavin.

Eduardo - I honest to god can't think of a single instance where he kept the ball within 25 yards of the Chelsea goal. The sooner Bendtner is back the better.

Rosicky - Our best player after Nasri, things started looking up when he came on.

Vela - Did what he could and injected some pace into the game, tended to go out wide too much.

Overall that game was finished when Chelsea's second goal went in imo, we were pure kak. Neither Arshavin nor Fabregas deserve to start the next game on the back of that performance, however they will.
    I was never too optimistic before the game but that was embarrassing to watch.

Totally agree with all that but think Almunia should of let a shout for 2nd goal. Totally sick of him not reliable any more we need a new world class keeper.

In realtion to Arshavin I don't think we can look to his world cup dissapointment as his been bad now for a while. Its all well and good been ****e when theres a fair chance you can and will do something to create or score a goal out of nuthing.

The biggest worry for me is Eduardo a disgrace imo, way of the pace this season. That predator thing he had goin on is gone his totally behind the play and not even looking like scoring.

This has to stop now before we slip totally out of the loop. I'll be gutted if we go out on Wednesday I want a trophy so bad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Frisbee wrote:

I thought he was excellent. Young inexperienced player in such a huge match, didn't put a foot wrong.
    Frisbee wrote:

Agree, no idea. Saying that it had no impact on our defense in the second half. I thought we'd be overrun with him on the pitch.
    Frisbee wrote:

How can you say this? He didn't put a foot wrong and his distribution was excellent. It's not his fault the other lads couldn't use the ball when it was played into there feet??? Couldn't blame him for having a mickey fit at the end.
    Frisbee wrote:

Constantly loses possession with his wayward passing and offers little defensively. Why is he still at the club? Could Ramsey not do a better job here?
    Frisbee wrote:

Looks way off the ball. Apparently he's gutted about the WC exit and has no interest in football. Not a good enough excuse to be honest. If I went into work tomorrow and told them I wasn't really feeling the urge to work I'd be frog marched out of the building. He'd want to snap out of it quick or he'll be facing a lengthly spell on the sidelines.
    Frisbee wrote:

Agree, from the very first game back in the first team he's looked amazing. Amazing player and an amazing dribbler.
    Frisbee wrote:

Agree once again. He's completely ineffective when we aren't playing 2 up front.
    Frisbee wrote:

I thought he was poor. Did very little in the way of creating chances and tends to get a bit excited and lose his composure when running at players. Still raw talent and needs a lot of work.
    Frisbee wrote:

Did very well alright, great to have him back. He should start ahead of Arshavin in the next game.
    Frisbee wrote:

Was alright but lacked decent opportunities.
    Frisbee wrote:
    Neither Arshavin nor Fabregas deserve to start the next game on the back of that performance, however they will.

Don't get the Fabregas thing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Eduardo and Vela don't really look like contributing anything decent this season.

It's all up to Bendtner!!!!

I was disappointed in Fab, even though he did have a better game than most of our players, but by his standards he was poor.

Your captain and playmaker needs to step up in games like that. He was lucky that he only got booked with a minute to go as well, way too many half arsed niggly fouls

Looks way off the ball. Apparently he's gutted about the WC exit and has no interest in football. Not a good enough excuse to be honest. If I went into work tomorrow and told them I wasn't really feeling the urge to work I'd be frog marched out of the building. He'd want to snap out of it quick or he'll be facing a lengthly spell on the sidelines.

His loyalty should be to Arsenal FC, I would drop him, if indeed he is still upset over the world cup, or play him in the reserves until he snaps out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I thought he was poor. Did very little in the way of creating chances and tends to get a bit excited and lose his composure when running at players. Still raw talent and needs a lot of work.

I've only been whispering it so far but I've never been sold on Walcott at all.

When you say 'raw talent' I basically read it as 'very fuc%ing fast'. I'm not so sure he's got too much else.

Obviously his pace makes him amazing on the counter attack but the teams we usually lose to basically commit few numbers forward and never get caught out.

gosplan wrote: »
    I've only been whispering it so far but I've never been sold on Walcott at all.

When you say 'raw talent' I basically read it as 'very fuc%ing fast'. I'm not so sure he's got too much else.

Obviously his pace makes him amazing on the counter attack but the teams we usually lose to basically commit few numbers forward and never get caught out.

100% agree with this points.

When everyone is fit Walcott can only make the bench of our starting team.

Very useful for bringing on at ~70 minutes when defenses are tired.

I was disappointed in Fab, even though he did have a better game than most of our players, but by his standards he was poor.

Your captain and playmaker needs to step up in games like that. He was lucky that he only got booked with a minute to go as well, way too many half arsed niggly fouls

I see where you're coming from but how could he up his game when the majority of the team were losing the ball constantly in the final 3rd? Watch the highlights again, he had so much possession, made every pass and only got tackled once! I think you're being harsh on our captain.
    OPENROAD wrote:
    His loyalty should be to Arsenal FC, I would drop him, if indeed he is still upset over the world cup, or play him in the reserves until he snaps out of it.

Agree totally, wasn't making excuses for him.

Agree totally, wasn't making excuses for him.

I know :)

He was very frustrting to watch today but to be honest he hasn't reach the heights of last season yet.

While we're all getting things off our chest I'd like to point out that I'd like to see Eboue in there ahead of Sagna.

Sagna is amazingly solid & honest but won't run at players, won't attack the goal area and can't really cross the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I still completely despise Eboues antics & theatrics on the pitch however you can't deny his footballing ability going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Nope.Sagna does his job.Eboue can be magic but he can be a liability.

Defenders defend and if Sagna doesn't go forward as much that's fine once he stops the other team coming forward.

• Advertisement

Oh Eduardo :(

How far back you've gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Bitterly disappointed today, we just couldn't compete going forward. We had a decent amount of possession but, Chelsea looked very dangerous while attacking and we simply didn't.

We are nowhere near strong enough physically and don't really have enough hight in the squad. People on here have talked up Džeko which would help in that area but, he would cost far to much and there are too many clubs interested for us to sign him. Does anybody know much about Kießling? Seems to be having a very good season in Germany.

Just on Sagna, 2 goals came from a position that really should be shut out by him so I was very disappointed by that.

Premier League Record:
    Reading               4   4   0   0  11   2   9  12 3.00
    Watford               4   4   0   0   9   3   6  12 3.00
    Wolves                3   3   0   0  10   2   8   9 3.00
    Barnsley              2   2   0   0   7   0   7   6 3.00
    Wigan                 9   8   1   0  21   6  15  25 2.78
    Ipswich              10   8   2   0  23   4  19  26 2.60
    Fulham               17  13   2   2  34   9  25  41 2.41
    Man City             25  19   3   3  48  18  30  60 2.40
    Charlton             16  12   2   2  36  12  24  38 2.38
    West Brom             8   6   1   1  18   8  10  19 2.38
    Derby                14  10   3   1  27  11  16  33 2.36
    Leicester            16  10   5   1  38  13  25  35 2.19
    Birmingham           11   7   3   1  22   6  16  24 2.18
    Crystal Palace        8   5   2   1  16   5  11  17 2.13
    Everton              35  22   8   5  73  28  45  74 2.11
    Nottingham Forest    10   6   3   1  13   7   6  21 2.10
    Portsmouth           13   7   6   0  24   7  17  27 2.08
    Southampton          26  15   7   4  50  24  26  52 2.00
    Oldham                4   2   2   0   4   1   3   8 2.00
    Swindon               2   1   1   0   5   1   4   4 2.00
    Middlesbrough        28  16   7   5  62  26  36  55 1.96
    Coventry             18  10   5   3  25  13  12  35 1.94
    Bolton               20  11   5   4  32  22  10  38 1.90
    West Ham             29  16   7   6  42  19  23  55 1.90
    Sunderland           17   9   5   3  30  12  18  32 1.88
    Blackburn            31  17   7   7  57  28  29  58 1.87
    Villa                34  16  12   6  53  30  23  60 1.76
    Newcastle            32  16   8   8  46  27  19  56 1.75
    Bradford              4   2   1   1   6   3   3   7 1.75
    Chelsea              35  16  11   8  50  42   8  59 1.69
    Leeds                24  12   4   8  43  25  18  40 1.67
    Spurs                35  14  16   5  54  36  18  58 1.66
    Norwich               8   3   4   1  17   9   8  13 1.63
    MK Dons              16   7   4   5  30  16  14  25 1.56
    Sheffield Wednesday  16   7   4   5  21  16   5  25 1.56
    Sheffield United      6   2   3   1   9   4   5   9 1.50
    Stoke                 2   1   0   1   5   3   2   3 1.50
    Hull                  2   1   0   1   4   3   1   3 1.50
    Man United           35  10  11  14  34  45 -11  41 1.17
    Liverpool            34   9  11  14  36  48 -12  38 1.12
    QPR                   8   1   5   2   7   8  -1   8 1.00

This Season v Previous Seasons:
    P   W   D   L   F   A  GD Pts
    2009-2010:  13   8   1   4  36  18  18  25
    2008-2009:  13   7   2   4  25  15  10  23 ( 4th)
    2007-2008:  13  10   3   0  29  10  19  33 ( 3rd)
    2006-2007:  13   6   4   3  21  10  11  22 ( 4th)
    2005-2006:  13   8   2   3  22  10  12  26 ( 4th)
    2004-2005:  13   9   3   1  37  17  20  30 ( 2nd)
    2003-2004:  13  10   3   0  28  10  18  33 ( 1st)
    2002-2003:  13   9   2   2  28  13  15  29 ( 2nd)
    2001-2002:  13   6   5   2  28  15  13  23 ( 1st)
    2000-2001:  13   8   4   1  23  10  13  28 ( 2nd)
    1999-2000:  13   8   2   3  20  12   8  26 ( 2nd)
    1998-1999:  13   6   6   1  14   5   9  24 ( 2nd)
    1997-1998:  13   6   6   1  27  13  14  24 ( 1st)
    1996-1997:  13   7   4   2  24  11  13  25 ( 3rd)
    1995-1996:  13   7   3   3  17   8   9  24 ( 5th)
    1994-1995:  13   5   4   4  17  13   4  19 (12th)
    1993-1994:  13   6   5   2  12   6   6  23 ( 4th)
    1992-1993:  13   7   2   4  17  12   5  23 (10th)

Rolling Season:
    2009-2010:  38  21  11   6  79  40  39  74

Current Run:
    2009-2010:   2   0   0   2   0   4  -4   0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

jasonorr wrote: »

2007-2008: 13 10 3 0 29 10 19 33 ( 3rd)
    2006-2007: 13 6 4 3 21 10 11 22 ( 4th)
    2005-2006: 13 8 2 3 22 10 12 26 ( 4th)
    2004-2005: 13 9 3 1 37 17 20 30 ( 2nd)
    2003-2004: 13 10 3 0 28 10 18 33 ( 1st)

Seeing that table makes you think about 07/08 really - that was a great start Arsenal had.

NoelRock wrote: »
    Seeing that table makes you think about 07/08 really - that was a great start Arsenal had.

I think up until Christmas (maybe beyond), it was our best start to a season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Don't get me wrong, I still completely despise Eboues antics & theatrics on the pitch however you can't deny his footballing ability going forward

"Eboue" and "Footballing ability" - 2 things I don't think I've ever heard in the same sentence before. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Was so disappointed watching the match, we looked shaken everytime they launched a counter attack!
    Oh Eduardo :(

How far back you've gone.

Gotta agree with you here, Eduardo has looked fairly poor in the last few games when he should be staking a claim for a first team place, he really needs a goal I think to boast the old confedence level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Right I think Iv finally calmed down sufficently to post, probably not though I can feel the veins pumping as I type :mad:

Firstly Arsenal should sue Martin Taylor and Birmingham, Eduardo is not and Im beginning to think will never be the same player again :mad:

Secondly we absolutely need to buy a striker with a physical presence in January, just contrast they way Chelsea's front men were able to hold the ball up yesterday. The very fact that all Arsenal fans are praying for Bendtners return tells you all you need to know, our season is effectively resting on he's shoulders imo, lets hope theres actions to back up all the talk.

Thirdly please please please Arsene bite the bullet and buy a top class keeper, just look at every team that has ever won the premier league or the champions league and shoew me one that had a keeper as uncertain as Almunia.

Fourthly I thought Traore was excellent I thought for a guy with very little experience at that level and was very encouraging, perhapsd not as composed in the final third as Id like but that will come with maturity and experience I have no doubt.

And last but not least to the poster that suggested replacing Sagna with Eboue's ''football ability going forward'', plesse fellow gooner I know yesterday was a dark day but you really shouldnt drink soo much its not the answer, just ask Big Tony ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Lads, Almunia's not the best keeper in the world but I really don't see why yesterday specifically would make anyone think he has to go. Whatever about the third goal when the match was dead, the first two were the defence's fault. Whoever said he should have been braver for the first is having a laugh - the ball was in the net about a second after Cole crossed it. Same for whoever said he should have called for the second - there was no time to call with Drogba around.

During the summer, I was all for the new shape and I still am - we're just very unlucky that RVP and Bendtner have both been out at the same time. When Bendtner's back, we'll see where we're fixed but it's too early to suggest buying in January imo. Eduardo's certainly not suited to the centre role though, nor do I think Walcott's the answer.

I'm very disappointed with Theo's lack of progress since it looked like he was breaking through 12-15 months ago or so.

Actually - anyone think we should try to recall Jay Simpson from QPR in January? He's been doing well there and he's certainly a strong front-man type who could give good cover for Bendtner while RVP's out...

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed with Theo's lack of progress since it looked like he was breaking through 12-15 months ago or so.

He hasn't had the best of luck with injuries but you just wonder if injuries will be an ongoing thing with him, that said Arsene sees him as a forward, I wonder if we will see him in this position over the next few weeks.

Actually - anyone think we should try to recall Jay Simpson from QPR in January? He's been doing well there and he's certainly a strong front-man type who could give good cover for Bendtner while RVP's out...

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

The very fact that all Arsenal fans are praying for Bendtners return tells you all you need to know, our season is effectively resting on he's shoulders

I hear the Flash Gordon theme....His time has come...Bendtner has been waiting for this moment....dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum Nic....ahahhhhhh.........

....he'll save everyone of us.

OPENROAD wrote:
    He hasn't had the best of luck with injuries
    True - but I still think his decision-making hasn't improved as much in that time as it should have. It's fair to say that injuries disrupt that a bit, but I still would've hoped for a bigger impact from him at this stage. Likewise, he snatches at a lot of chances so I'm not sure anymore that he's the natural finisher he's touted as.

On another note, Arseblogger's podcast today mentioned a stat about our goals conceded that I dug out from here:

The 18 league goals that we've conceded this year have come from just 41 shots on target, with 11 of the 23 saves coming from Vito Mannone against Fulham. I'm still not anti-Almunia, but that's quite scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

The 18 league goals that we've conceded this year have come from just 41 shots on target, with 11 of the 23 saves coming from Vito Mannone against Fulham. I'm still not anti-Almunia, but that's quite scary.

Wow thats a pretty condeming stat for big Al, Joe Hart anyone??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement