Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If City get Lescott how would you guys feel about a move for Dunne or Richards?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Kirby wrote: »
    Atleast 12 mate. Highly doubt fulham will let him go for less than that.

Ya below 10m is pretty wishful thinking but maybe they might want a good left back on loan that also has no problem playing on the left wing with pace to burn!

itsjaybud wrote: »
    Ya below 10m is pretty wishful thinking but maybe they might want a good left back on loan that also has no problem playing on the left wing with pace to burn!

Are we talking Gibbs or Traore? :confused:

Traore!

And id probably be leaning more towards Micah Richards, for some reason i just feel he would be more suited to the Arsenal than Dunne and also is obviously more of an investment regards his age and can further develop into a Wenger and Arsenal type player.

And id probably be leaning more towards Micah Richards, for some reason i just feel he would be more suited to the Arsenal than Dunne and also is obviously more of an investment regards his age and can further develop into a Wenger and Arsenal type player.

Plus he can play on the right, if Eboué were to leave...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Any concrete news today regarding Rosicky's rumoured injury?

Or was Ian Wright talking tripe again? (or as Arseblogger called him... Ian Wrong) lol

Wenger interview on SSN i seen earlier was just that yes he has a muscle injury, nothing to serious a type of injury that is to be expected from a player out for so long,

pretty sure it was something like above that he mentioned and wasnt sure on a time frame when asked about if it would a six week recovery period.

The interview i seen is actually at the end of this link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Looks like a loan deal for Merida has been agreed for him to join Levente

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5477888,00.html
    Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida is set to join Levante for the upcoming season after agreeing a loan deal with the Spanish club.

Sources from the Valencia-based team have indicated that the signing will be officially announced on Sunday.

The 19-year-old Spaniard spent half of the 2007/2008 season on-loan at Real Sociedad and now seems certain to spend another spell away from the Emirates Stadium.

Levante, who will celebrate their centennial year during the upcoming season, are looking to gain promotion from Spain's Segunda Division.

The club's sporting director Manuel Salvador believes Merida can lead the team towards this goal after the departure of striker Alexandre Geijo to Racing Santander.

"This player (Merida) could be very important for us after the exit of Alex Geijo. We have fought for his services because Arsenal have received many offers this summer," he said.

Merida's agent, Joseba Diaz, says that his client will be happy to play for Levante during the new campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A tie against Celtic. Not bad. I'd have taken that before the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I think Celtic will have enough about them to win this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Pal wrote: »
    I think Celtic will have enough about them to win this one

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We certainly could have got a worse draw. Much happier with having the second leg at the Emirates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Fairly happy with that draw

The only teams I would have preferred to get were Anderlecht or Timisoara. And even at that not a huge difference in Celtic and Anderlecht...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Frisbee wrote: »
    Fairly happy with that draw

The only teams I would have preferred to get were Anderlecht or Timisoara. And even at that not a huge difference in Celtic and Anderlecht...

Not a Celtic fan, but certainly wouldn't rule them out. Something about European games at Parkhead they always raise their game.

Parkhead is not the 2nd leg though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Can only see Arsenal winning this one imo that said all the pressure is on them with Celtic being the underdogs.

Should make for entertaining viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Not a Celtic fan, but certainly wouldn't rule them out. Something about European games at Parkhead they always raise their game.

I'm not saying it's going to be a walk in the park. But I'm delighted that we managed to avoid Atletico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Feel sorry for Celtic. We'll go through very comfortably.

• Advertisement

thorbarry wrote: »
    Looks like a loan deal for Merida has been agreed for him to join Levente

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5477888,00.html

Should be a good move for him. From what Ive seen he's pretty good. A season of first team football could do him a world of good.

Happy to play Celtic in the Champs League. Will try make a game.

Apparently we've been warned that Matuidi is not for sale:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8189501.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Well as a Celtic and Arsenal fan ( fcuk the begrudgers :p) I have dreaded this day for a long time, realisitically cant see anything but an Arsenal win, but Celtic Park is not an easy place to get out of with any kind of result and to those whoo dismiss this by say its ok cos the second leg is in the Emirates, if you look back on Celtics UEFA Cup run a few seasons ago where they knocked out two English teams all their second legs were away from home, just remember big Johns thunderbolt in Anfield ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Galvasean wrote: »
    If City get Lescott how would you guys feel about a move for Dunne or Richards?
    Not good. Richards seems to have attitude problems and has really lost his form in the last while (seemingly as a result) - though with a reputation for poor training, etc., I can't see Wenger going near him. Dunne's Premier League form was poorer last year than the previous couple of years so I'd worry about that too. Plus he's 30 next month.

Actually of City's defenders, I wish we'd tried to include Onuoha in the Toure deal - he can play all across the back and wouldn't necessarily expect to be first-choice.

Be a weird merry-go-round though if we got one of those, City got Lescott and Everton got Senderos - who'd be trading up and who'd be trading down? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Celtic Park is not an easy place to get out of with any kind of result
    True - though this Celtic team has gone slightly backwards since that UEFA Cup run, I'd say. Plus they're just settling in with a new manager and facing into a new season so I'd be hopeful that all that will reduce the threat.

Average draw, I think, so happy enough - better than Atletico/Fiorentina, worse than Anderlecht/Timisoara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'm delighted we got Celtic tbh, it should be a stroll in the park for us. Both Atletico and Fiorentina would have been tougher ties, and there would always have been the problem of over-confidence with the other two. Can't wait for this tie now, has really whetted the appetite for the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Nice draw.
    I forsee another game where Arshavin will have a great game.
    I'd say he would scare the hell out of the Celtic players.
    Should be two great games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Maybe transfer dealings are being held back until a position in the group stages of the Champions League is assured? Perhaps deals could already be in place, and will go through if Arsenal land a spot in the group stages?

Wenger said something about the transfer market being as its busiest from August 27th - 31st, the day after the 2nd leg of the Celtic match.

Probably clutching at straws here.

Wreck wrote: »
    I'm delighted we got Celtic tbh, it should be a stroll in the park for us. Both Atletico and Fiorentina would have been tougher ties, and there would always have been the problem of over-confidence with the other two. Can't wait for this tie now, has really whetted the appetite for the new season.

lol bit of a contradiction there Wreck!

I would have thought Fiorentina would have been a similar if not even easier draw for Arsenal tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

lol bit of a contradiction there Wreck!

I would have thought Fiorentina would have been a similar if not even easier draw for Arsenal tbh.

Nah, what I meant is the game against Celtic will get loads of coverage and hype, Celtic are still seen as a 'big' club by lots of people. While Anderlecht and Timisora would have been easier matches on paper, there's always the possibility that a win would have been taken for granted, and the team wouldn't have been up for it. There's no fear of that happening in this tie.

Personnally, if Fiorentina had been drawn against Celtic, I would have fancied Fiorentina to go through, but there probably isn't that much in it to be fair. People talk about the atmosphere in Parkhead being a big factor, but this Arsenal side has shown it has can deal with that, and by all accounts Fiorentina away can be a pretty nasty experience.

All in all, I'm delighted with the draw. It's the tie that promises the most entertainment and excitement, and Arsenal are still huge favourites to go through.

• Advertisement

Overall im happy with the draw, but like denman would have also liked to see Celtic draw another team and have some chance of progressing.

The amount of sh!t talk in the other thread is unreal, i cant even bring myself to respond to it.

Anyway i reckon something like a 1-2 victory in the first leg and a comfortable 2/3-0 victory at the Emirates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Well it means RTE will be showing at least one Arsenal match this season! I'm sure normal Man U/Pool service will resume if Arsenal go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

cashback wrote: »
    Well it means RTE will be showing at least one Arsenal match this season! I'm sure normal Man U/Pool service will resume if Arsenal go through.

Yep...

The amount of sh!t talk in the other thread is unreal, i cant even bring myself to respond to it.

There is a fair lot of it alright and to be fair its coming from both sets of supporters, to be expected I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Arsenal V Celtic ;) Nice Draw Couldn't Be Any Easier :P

Couple Of Links: Hangeland

Wilshere Like Rooney

Chamakh

Imo We Don't Need Another Striker!!
    We Need A New Cb And A New Dm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Arsenal V Celtic ;) Nice Draw Couldn't Be Any Easier :P

Couple Of Links: Hangeland

Wilshere Like Rooney

Chamakh

Imo We Don't Need Another Striker!!
    We Need A New Cb And A New Dm.

You guys might like this one too

Going, Going, Gun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

whats the chances of getting tickets for the emirates, namely for the CL game vs Celtic??? yea i'm a celtic fan, but i can put on a north london accent if needed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Looks like Arsenal TV is no more on TV :mad: that said it looks like it might be moving online. I really hope they keep the Friday night phone in, though with it being online they may not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

Would it be difficult to get 2 or 3 tickets for da game at london vs celtic?I was lookin at live football tickets.com and it gives 320 euro per ticket as their price wtf?

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    Would it be difficult to get 2 or 3 tickets for da game at london vs celtic?I was lookin at live football tickets.com and it gives 320 euro per ticket as their price wtf?

Those websites are basically touting sites. If you know anyone with a membership, you should be ok...maybe.

jasonorr wrote: »
    Those websites are basically touting sites. If you know anyone with a membership, you should be ok...maybe.
    What is a touting site for then:o

• Advertisement

What is a touting site for then:o

Huh? I just mean any site that tries to rip you off should only be used as a last resort!

Huh? I just mean any site that tries to rip you off should only be used as a last resort!
    How would you go about getting one online then if your not a member?

How would you go about getting one online then if your not a member?

Membership costs approx €50 (maybe less), I'm sure that + the ticket would be much less than any of those sites and you'd still have a very good chance of getting tickets.

Membership costs approx €50 (maybe less), I'm sure that + the ticket would be much less than any of those sites and you'd still have a very good chance of getting tickets.
    ok thanks for the help!

ok thanks for the help!

Are you going to be signing up? Great name btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Big game against Valencia tonight, should be a good open game.

Just saw on the bbc update page that Kolo Toure has gone off injured for City against Celtic. Limped off according to the bbc.

What the hell is that?

Me messing up with copy n' paste :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Wreck wrote: »
    Nah, what I meant is the game against Celtic will get loads of coverage and hype, Celtic are still seen as a 'big' club by lots of people.
    Jesus Wreck there's no arguing that Celtic are a big club. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement