Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

koHd wrote: »
    If I was Wenger I'd try bring in Carlton Cole. He seems to have turned a corner and is heading for his prime years. He's also strong with great skill and finishing. Having experience in the premier league and being available to play in Europe are also great to have.

Carlton Cole = English = 30million

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Evil_Clown wrote: »

I'd rather bring Jay Simpson back from QPR then sign Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Evil_Clown wrote: »

A lot could depend on West Ham's financial situation. Selling Cole to hang on to a lot of other players might be there only option. Even with English player tax, I'd say Cole would be a lot more likely to go for somewhere near £20m than for £30m. A fair bit could depend on his contract situation too.

Think he could really offer a lot for Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

There's absolutley no way we'd spend that much on him though. Dount Wenger would offer more than £10-£12m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

No Denilson or Traore for the Burnley game but Eboue is back.

I'd expect Diaby will come in for Denilson and then its either a straight swap of Silvestre for Traore or Sagna to move across and Eboue to come in.

Either way its going to be a tough game with Burnley's home form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Paleface wrote: »
    No Denilson or Traore for the Burnley game but Eboue is back.

To anyone who doubts that Arsenal are poxed when it comes to injuries, there you have it, missing our 3 first choice left backs.
    ... and doing extremely well by all accounts. Reckon he'll be moving up the pecking order at Arsenal soon enough.

I saw Szesney (sp?) playing for us against West Brom (I mean, I was at the game) and he looked very solid in goal for an 18 year old. I'd say this loan will do him a world of good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

3 points against Burnley would be massive! Home game against Hull should be a home win and then we are entering the xmas period back on form with players to come back!

Don't suppose the Burnley game is on Setanta or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Galvasean wrote: »

Legend. He was treated pretty badly towards the end of his arsenal career.

He comes across as a really nice bloke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

... and doing extremely well by all accounts. Reckon he'll be moving up the pecking order at Arsenal soon enough.

I don't think Wenger rates Almunia anymore. Dropping him for Mannone showed just that. He just doesn't have many alternatives at the moment. Having said that I think he'll probably play Fabianski against Burnley.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-have-full-confidence-in-almunia

:rolleyes:

Almunia is awesome on his day, and just average on all the others. Having a better goalkeeper could really help us out and drop points less.

Tbh though, I would love a replacement for Denilson. He's OK, and would do very well in some other teams but that's about it, but we need someone with more flare and consistency than him.

Nothing more has pleased me more this season than Song though, it's like we got a really sharp player who plays a big part in every match for free.

I just hope Fabregas gets some form back in Burnley - he was killer at the start of the season and he's still an improved player now, but he seemed to have lost his new flare after Sunderland.

Also, couldn't find a channel showing the match tonight, might have to stream it. Burnley can easily get something from this game tonight so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Beau x1 wrote: »

Almunia is awesome on his day, and just average on all the others.

Awesome? Seriously?
    Almunia on his best day is average and on all the others he doesn't even do a good impersonation of a goalkeeper.

Awesome? Seriously?
    Almunia on his best day is average and on all the others he doesn't even do a good impersonation of a goalkeeper.
    Yeah, you're right I'm being too generous..

Not sure about Mannone either tbh.

Fabianski has the potential to be decent enough, I'd say. Not worth sitting on the fence for him though.

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Yeah, you're right I'm being too generous..

Not sure about Mannone either tbh.

Fabianski has the potential to be decent enough, I'd say. Not worth sitting on the fence for him though.

Mannone and Fabianski do have potential alright, but at the same time they may never realise that potential. Mannone is the only one to win us points this season (with his display against Fulham), but the looked shaky in his couple of games after that. I know Fabianski hasn't played in league (at least I think he hasn't!!).
    We will win nothing with Almunia in goal. Simple as that. Oh to have Lloris playing for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Guardian Rumour Mill reporting that Leicster are looking to sign Gilbert for 750k.

Pinch of salt and that but I reckon that would be a fairly decent price for him. Don't think he'll ever make it at Arsenal. Although if we do lose Eboue this summer we'd be left with no proper cover there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

We must must must win tonight.. very nervous about this one..

How annoyed would you be if you were Gibbs or Traore?

You finally get a chance to show what you can do, give the manager a headache as to who to pick at left back and maybe even stake a claim to it........... and you get injured.

Same. I won't be surprised if Burnley snatch something from this.

What we really need is a 4-0 win to bring some confidence back to the team and get the media backing us to be serious title contesters again.

Predictions for the match? I'm going to go for 2-0 or 3-1.

@Frisbee: Yeah, it's a shame about Gibbs I think he's a nice agile player. Traore also impressed, don't know if he's got as much potential as Gibbs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Its going to be a tough one. If its doesn't look like things are clicking up front early on I think we'll struggle and let Burnley take something from the game.

Paleface wrote: »
    Its going to be a tough one. If its doesn't look like things are clicking up front early on I think we'll struggle and let Burnley take something from the game.
    I agree, we need a good start. Although we should be able to come back from a goal down to win it.

Burnley have won only won of their last 8 league games and none of their last 5. They are in very poor form at the moment and Arsenal will be high on confidence after the win in Anfield. Yes, Burnley's home form is good, but Arsenal will be far too much for them to handle. Arsenal to put 3 past them. 0-3 I reckon.:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wenger always talks up his players, especially his goalkeepers. Looks like Almunia will get the nod tonight but I think he's walking on very thin ice now.

Wenger always talks up his players, especially his goalkeepers. Looks like Almunia will get the nod tonight but I think he's walking on very thin ice now.
    Agreed. He definitely knows what kind of quality is acceptable and what isn't, but he doesn't have much of a choice right now. I doubt he'll replace Almunia until the season is over anyway.

Does anyone know when his contract expires?

EDIT: Damn, just saw I was beaten to it... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Frisbee wrote: »

Brilliant :D:D:D I love Eboue at the end :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

"Save the Koptower!"

Burnley v Arsenal http://p2p4u.net/watch-live-sports.php?id=10063&link=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

1 all at half time, cesc gone off injured too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Vermaelen trying far too hard to impose himself on the game. Gave away stupid penalty and a few other needless fouls too. Without Cesc in the second half I'm a little worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Chelsea level now. With Cesc off I'd nearly take the point...3 points would be huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Almunia's distribution cat again this evening. How many balls has he hoofed into touch??

We need the 3 points, keep our momentum going..

What a ****e cross by Walcott..

I can see us leaving here with nothing.

burnley just hit post. arsenal all over the shop.a point would be good at this rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

is dere a free live stream anywhere lads or are ye watching it on arsenal.com??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

The disappointing Theo Walcott is hauled off at Burnley
    :rolleyes:

danlen wrote: »
    is dere a free live stream anywhere lads or are ye watching it on arsenal.com??

http://p2p4u.net/watch-live-sports.php?id=10063&link=1

chelsea 2-1 up. lampard penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can someone please answer me a very basic question.

Why do Arsenal keep crossing balls high into the box when we have absolutely no one that can header them. I'm sick to the bone of seeing our fullbacks coming up and crossing the ball into the box for their defenders to header out unopposed. :mad:

We've been ****e since RVP left and we are looking a very basic and easy to contain side that just seemed to go on a bit of a good run at the start of the season. All the problems of last season are still there and some are worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

1-1. Toothless & very predictable. Lucky it wasn't worse.

That was atrocious, we're turning into a one man team like Liverpool ffs, as soon as Fab went off we never looked like scoring.

I don't even remember hearing Arshavins name more than once in the second half, surely one of Vela or Wilshere would have been worth a gamble.
    Walcott was awful as well.

And as for Almunia? At this rate I'd prioritise a keeper above anything else in January.

We didn't even deserve a point tonight, Burnley were certainly hard done by.

• Advertisement

And to cap it all off Fab is injured. wonder how long he'll be out for?? Missing van Persie so badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why do Arsenal keep crossing balls high into the box when we have absolutely no one that can header them.

Result of hurried play, a sign of a lack of composure. It tends to be somewhat instinctive in wide men, if you have no space to run into or a defender bearing down on you.

And as for Almunia? At this rate I'd prioritise a keeper above anything else in January.

Absolutely. It has to be Wengers number one priority to buy a goalie in Jan. How mush would Lloris or Akinfeev cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yep. He's turned absolutely atrocious! He was scandalous for the disallowed goal. How can he have turned SO BAD? He needs to be taken out, even for his own confidence.

I dont rate Fabianski very highly either but at the moment I'd feel more confident with him.

My only consolation is having seen Adebayor miss a couple of sitters for City tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Quazzie wrote: »
    We've been ****e since RVP left and we are looking a very basic and easy to contain side that just seemed to go on a bit of a good run at the start of the season. All the problems of last season are still there and some are worse.

No, the problem is that we've too many players injured and coming back from injuries, we were playing a side that are very difficult to beat at home and Fabregas (who I'm pretty confidant would have won the game for us when space opened up in the second half) went off injured after 40 mins.

That's United, Everton, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham and us to drop points at Burnley.

How mush would Lloris or Akinfeev cost?

Much more than Wenger will be willing to spend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

How mush would Lloris or Akinfeev cost?

You'd be talking £30mil plus. Neither team is strapped for cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That was atrocious, we're turning into a two man team like Liverpool ffs

FYP

• Advertisement

god damn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement