Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Might not be on later or tomorrow so might as well give you's your Christmas cards now

ccars.jpg

Happy Christmas Lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Redzer7 wrote: »

Happy Christmas Lads :D

+1
    Hope we get a nice pressie of 3 points from the Villa game.
    Don't drink too much Gooners :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    +1
    Hope we get a nice pressie of 3 points from the Villa game.
    Don't drink too much Gooners :pac::pac::pac:

:) Diaby with a hat trick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Off to Austria for Christmas lads, cant imagine there being too many Gooner bars over there!! Here's hoping its a successful Christmas period for us for the pitch.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Have a good one mate.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Off to Austria for Christmas lads, cant imagine there being too many Gooner bars over there!! Here's hoping its a successful Christmas period for us for the pitch.

Merry Christmas to you all.

If you're going to Vienna, theres a bar on Lerchenfelder Str. called "Shebeen" The owner is a gooner ;) All matches shown.

(I worked there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Anyone think ed will start either any xmas game up front? Probably a few sub appearances and 1 start?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Jay Simpson has every chance to be a great player for Arsenal, not least because he can offer us something we really don't have.

Merry Christmas Gooners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

happy christmas lads. lets hope agbonglahor and co eat too much turkey on Christmas Day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Just wanted to extend my Christmas greetings personally to the Arsenal thread, Happy Crimbo guys.

I'm sure we'll see a great performance on the 27th - our team is training today instead of munching out on a fancy dinner. Glad to be a Gooner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Just wanted to extend my Christmas greetings personally to the Arsenal thread, Happy Crimbo guys.

I'm sure we'll see a great performance on the 27th - our team is training today instead of munching out on a fancy dinner. Glad to be a Gooner :)

*correction* they were going to train, then eat dinner with their families!:pac:

In any case, happy christmas lads! Hopefully we'll get the present of three points on sunday

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Jay Simpson has now got his 9th goal for QPR.

Young pole in goal Szczesny has extended his loan at Brentford for another month. Reactions from Brentford fans (stolen from Arsenal Mania stolen from a Brentford forum):
    "Xmas has come early, great news, he is one of the best."

"Thank you Mr Wenger and well done AS. I'm more enthused about this than Pim's or Bostock's extension."

"Now I know tthat Santa is a Frenchman with glasses."

"Keep him all year and we are in the play offs............ je pense"

"Love a duck, there really is a God.
    Well done to all concerned at Brentford FC, for pulling this off
    Best keeper I've seen down at Griffin Park for 40+ years."

"Fantastic news. As I think we're all begining to recognise, this guys the real deal. He will be the difference between winning & loosing."

"Fantastic news, this guy has the potential to be the difference between a real hard struggle this season and a comfortable finish, the longer we can keep him the better!"

"This is ****ing brilliant news."

"has made a massive contribution already, his awareness has spread to the back four and made them more stable."

Chelsea dropping another 2 points, we really need to win tomorrow.

Anyone got any turkey left over? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just can't see 3 points out of Villa tomorrow. They're the form team in the league, and have a great record against the other big teams this year. Arsenal on the other hand haven't played well in a long time.

When is Bendtner back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Sometime in the new year.

The fact he is coming back mid jan means i don't want us to buy a striker who will displace bendtner. I'm a big fan of him and if not for the injury this season was going to be a big one for him. He did start bright

Here's to a win today lads! Diaby and Arshavin to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Diaby is still ****! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just can't see 3 points out of Villa tomorrow. They're the form team in the league, and have a great record against the other big teams this year. Arsenal on the other hand haven't played well in a long time.

Poor Villa just didn't play well today.

Ain't expectation a b1tch. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Quick question Arsenal fans, do you expect Diaby to start and play most of the two games you have coming up?

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Quick question Arsenal fans, do you expect Diaby to start and play most of the two games you have coming up?

Yes, absolutely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yes, absolutely
    Cheers!

For Fantasy League reasons, obviously. Won't be around til after tomorrow's deadline so I wanted to double check.

Speaking of which, cesc is my captain!!

What a performance, and i hate listening to jamie redknapp. What made me happiest about that game was cesc's reaction to scoring that free kick. The boy is arsenal to the core

Diaby will play if Cesc isn't fit. If he is he may get games on the wing.

I wouldn't imagine Wenger will risk him against Pompey, even if he had have come through that game without aggravating his injury.

Diaby---Song---Denilson should have enough about them to see off Pompey.

Just thinking Pompey is the kind of game where Wenger would rest Sagna and play Eboue, but they'll be gone by then won't they?

And as pointed out Ramsey in for Song and Denilson dropping back should work.
    Here's hoping Cameroon get knocked out in the group stages...

Here's hoping Cameroon get knocked out in the group stages...
    Indeed. Villa away and United at home at the end of Jan are games I don't want us to be playing without him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Cheers!

For Fantasy League reasons, obviously. Won't be around til after tomorrow's deadline so I wanted to double check.

I'd take him out. Diaby doesnt play as well when Cesc is on the field as it means he does the support role and has less opportunity to get forward. Maybe wait and see what the word on Cesc is before leaving him in.

Unfortunately Cameroon have a reasonably easy looking group:( Gabon, Tunisia and Zambia

• Advertisement

playa3 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Cameroon have a reasonably easy looking group:(

Indeed, when are Eboue and Song off does anyone know?

Eboue tomorrow, Song can play our next two.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Eboue tomorrow, Song can play our next two.

That's not so bad then for Song

Nah, pompy and west ham. Will need him in west ham imo.

However i agree let's hope they get knocked out early. Otherwise Villa and United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Ok guys, I'm going to be honest, was down at the pub locked and cant remember if we even deserved 3-0. Did we? Nice to see cesc getting 2 goals. And from a free kick, wow.

Didn't expect us to win this big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I felt it was a deserved 3-0. Villa just didn't turn up today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

cson wrote: »
    Diaby is still ****! :p

I'm guessing you missed our last two games? He was MoTM against Hull and arguably the best against Villa (with the exception of Fabregas).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I felt it was a deserved 3-0. Villa just didn't turn up today

Villa were the better team 1st half without creating much.2nd half they couldn't contain Arsenal and 3:0 was deserved on the Arsenals performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

d22ontour wrote: »
    Villa were the better team 1st half without creating much..

In so far as they defended well with little possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

is cesc f*cked or what?

I saw it as Arsenal creating little as the home team with a couple of minor scares tbh.2nd half yore class shone through imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

d22ontour wrote: »
    Villa were the better team 1st half without creating much.2nd half they couldn't contain Arsenal and 3:0 was deserved on the Arsenals performance.

Cant say i agree with that. Yes Villa defended valiently, but they didn't create a whole lot of chances. Arsenal did however. Had Arsenal been more clinical they could have been going in at half time 2 up.

I actually though yis were poor 1st half and didn't offer much of a threat but hey it's not like i dispute the 2nd half performance or anything tbf ....As i said a month ago yis are the dark horses who bizarrely have been written off as potential winners...In a season of inconsistencies, every half decent inconsistent team is a potential winner. :cool:

Thought the first half was very evenly matched but the second half we deserved the win, 3-0 was a little flattering though imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Arsenal completely bossed Villa at times during the second half in a manner that Villa would find impossible to do the opposite. Fair enough tiredness definitely played its part in that but Arsenal showed why they on the whole are just a better team.

Its not too often you get to say that a player as young as Cesc will already be considered a legend at the club.

GOD I LOVE THE LITTLE SPANISH GENIUS THAT HE IS!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm guessing you missed our last two games? He was MoTM against Hull and arguably the best against Villa (with the exception of Fabregas).

No, I'm messing! I wrote him off before the last few matches and he's been unreal since. Hmmmm....

Eduardo is useless. *hopes this famous last words thing continues*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'd it possible that Cesc Fabregas is, in fact, the greatest hero of the 21st century?

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'd it possible that Cesc Fabregas is, in fact, the greatest hero of the 21st century?

Like this :D

superman-arsenal-213x300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Thought the first half was very evenly matched but the second half we deserved the win, 3-0 was a little flattering though imo

Well I only saw the highlights on MOTD so quite possibly it didn't reflect fairly on the game but Arsenal were completely dominant in the 2nd half, even before Fab came on; 3 - 0 was fair enough in my opinion. the Highlights only showed Villa with 1 decent opportunity whereas Arsenal had 6 or 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Deserved the win, maybe 3-0 was a bit much but, Villa never looked like winning barring a lot of luck and the opening goal gave us a lot of confidence in a period when we looked very dangerous!

For people saying Villa looked better in the first half...what exactly did they do? I didn't see an awful lot from them to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Sometime in the new year.

The fact he is coming back mid jan means i don't want us to buy a striker who will displace bendtner. I'm a big fan of him and if not for the injury this season was going to be a big one for him. He did start bright

Why are you a fan of him? What exactly has he done this season to show he has improved on his woeful form from last season? His finishing has been as bad as ever. I would be in favour of giving Vela a run in the first team but doesn't look like Wenger trusts him yet. If he can't get a game now, aged 20 and with all the injuries its unlikely he will ever make it unfortunately.

Always being a big fan of Diaby and he played brilliant again. I think he could fit in well alongside Song and drop Denilson in a full strength lineup. Denilson doesn't have enough impact on the game to be a first choice Arsenal player and I remember at least one careless pass which caused us trouble in the first half.

During January Wenger may have to play Diaby as a holding midfielder - not his best position but he played there last season in a couple of games and did well - although it would be difficult to stop him racing forward when he wants to, which could cause us trouble. For much of last season Denilson was the closest to a holding midfielder we had so more than likely he will take on that role.

Thought we played well in the first half - Eduardo needs to be more clinical in front of goal. Second half was great and not just because of Fabregas. Only for Richard Dunne the score could have been worse - up until the first goal he was MOTM by far.

Would be nice to get a backup centre back - maybe a youngster with the potential to break into the first team - when is Djorou back? I think he's a good player.

Would love to see Bellamy at Arsenal - he's been great this season - will never happen though although Mancini sounds like a guy who likes the big names and might decide to drop Bellamy who knows?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement