Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

anyone watching the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

can't find an english stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

thorbarry wrote: »
    anyone watching the game?

The link I was watching it off gave up....both of them!!! :(

can't find an english stream.

Have you got one in Spanish? I'm learning the language anyways. :)

Any language is better than no language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

not for a non arsenal fan, I'd rather watch tv then struggle with it.

DenMan wrote: »
    Have you got one in Spanish? I'm learning the language anyways. :)

Any language is better than no language.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=44443&part=sports

watching an English one from arsenal tv, through Tv ants :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Song has the touch of a......

One of the worst dives...great save by Fab!

• Advertisement

I know it's only a pre-season friendly but our ineptness at defending set pieces is gone beyond a joke.

Roaster wrote: »
    One of the worst dives...great save by Fab!

yea fair play to him, very good save... lol, terrible dive to win the peno

If tonight doesn't convince Wenger to buy another defender then we are fcuked! No coincidence though with Djorou and Silpestre at the back in the 2nd half we concede two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Silvestre is a complete joke :mad:

I just caught the second half and based on this I am a bit worried. Our defending is shocking and there is no support from midfield to help them out. We probably would not create a chance if this game went on until midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Just in the door, how did it finish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

2 - 0 loss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Is it just me or does anyone else here think its unusual that with less than a week to go before the season starts, Vermaelan still hasn't been given a squad number yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Is it just me or does anyone else here think its unusual that with less than a week to go before the season starts, Vermaelan still hasn't been given a squad number yet?

He's taken Kolos number, 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Is Wenger senile?
    Why o why is he hanging on to Silvestre.
    Song would be twice the player @ CB and i really mean that.
    Didn't someone enquire about Silvestre? :(

Is Wenger senile?
    Why o why is he hanging on to Silvestre.
    Song would be twice the player @ CB and i really mean that.
    Didn't someone enquire about Silvestre? :(

Yea apparently there were rumors that Bordeaux wanted him as part of any Chamakh deal. I would gladly get rid of him, i think if we replaced Silvestre with another CB, a good one, our defence would look alot stronger.... Reports are suggesting that man city are in for Upson, he's fairly decent and i wouldnt have minded seeing him back at arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Anyone have any recommendations on a package provider for the Arsenal v Celtic game (flights, tickets, accom). Birthday is on the 27th so it has been suggested that a few people might chip in to send me over :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wreck wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations on a package provider for the Arsenal v Celtic game (flights, tickets, accom). Birthday is on the 27th so it has been suggested that a few people might chip in to send me over :)

You'd be better off organising it all yourself, it would work out cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I expected Fabregas to be one of the departures this summer, but tbh can't see him going anywhere at the moment. He should play out another year at the club, then go for big money next summer to Barca or Real.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I expected Fabregas to be one of the departures this summer, but tbh can't see him going anywhere at the moment. He should play out another year at the club, then go for big money next summer to Barca or Real.

Yes let him go next year. Sure Diaby and Denilson will have fulfilled their potential by then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Roaster wrote: »
    Yes let him go next year. Sure Diaby and Denilson will have fulfilled their potential by then :rolleyes:

Or perhaps they'll be looking to get in another player with the £30m+ they should get from selling Cesc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Or perhaps they'll be looking to get in another player with the £30m+ they should get from selling Cesc.

Aye totally as Wenger has been flush with the cash since selling Toure and Addy ;) No I think Cesc will stay for at least this season. What we really need is another defender and to get rid of Silvestre if Bordeaux wanted him as part of a deal then we should just offer him to them for free if the deal doesn't go threw ;)

Anyone have any predictions for saturday?
    Think Arsenal are going to lose 1 nil with cahil to score
    a header in the first 20 mins :(. Hope i'm wrong though.
    Everton will try to expliot our main weakness which is set plays.

I think we are going to win 2-0. We'll keep the ball for long periods of play and Everton will give it back to us when we close them down. Despite the result against Valencia I felt we closed them down really well....far better than we usually do and even in tight spaces still managed to pick out passes. It was great to watch. Arshavin and Van Persie to score.

DenMan wrote: »
    I think we are going to win 2-0. We'll keep the ball for long periods of play and Everton will give it back to us when we close them down. Despite the result against Valencia I felt we closed them down really well....far better than we usually do and even in tight spaces still managed to pick out passes. It was great to watch. Arshavin and Van Persie to score.
    Hope your right, really don't think that if we win we won't win it as smooth.
    Any predictions on the starting x11?

• Advertisement

Well heard Wenger say that Vermaelen will be ok for the weekend.

Let me see.

Almunia

Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy

Song Fabregas Denilson

Walcott

Arshavin

Van Persie

I see us going with 3 in midfield with Arshavin playing behind RVP with Theo on the right. Hopefully Clichy can support Arshavin a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Redzer7 wrote: »

Eduardo will score 15 before half time and Paddypower will pay out on the top scorer so I can than stay in Dublin Sunday night after the AI semi............... or did I just dream that last night, hope not that russian chick was hot :D

Eduardo will score 15 before half time
    Don't think Eduardo is going to start to be honest, think the team is going to be like DenMans, but with us playing 4-4-1-1 with Ashavin playing off Van Persie.

I think we could struggle in this one. Man, would have loved a nice handy home game to start the season with. I think DJ will start on Saturday, it would be a big risk to throw Vermaelen in for his debut if he wasnt 100%, which I dont think he will be. We are more than capable of scoring a couple but our defence is nothing to confident about.

Anyone going to the Arsenal - Celtic Game? Or any game this season for that matter? I'm going to Wolves away November the 7th and Everton at home 9th of Jan, providing i get tickets for that Everton game.
    Anyone going to a game watch you's don't get swine flu ;):pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

will vermaelen be automatic 1st choice this season? has he played much pre season? what are the chances the swill lad djourou (is that it) will play on sat??

redzerdrog wrote: »
    will vermaelen be automatic 1st choice this season? has he played much pre season? what are the chances the swill lad djourou (is that it) will play on sat??

He played the first 4 games of pre-season but missed the last 3 with a slight injury. I was very pleased to see him stay back and cover Almunia when the other players were getting forward. That shows he is willing to hold the line, which is what we need. Wenger said he should be fine for the Everton game. Just read the Djourou interview on arsenal.com and he's ready to step up to the plate. The Celtic game is then midweek while other Prem clubs will be be playing league matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gonna be a very interesting, and perhaps critical to our season, first week for the Gunners. Everton could well be competition for our top 4 finish while Celtic away could be a bananna peel as far as our European ambitions are concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Anyone going to the Arsenal - Celtic Game?

Yep. All booked and looking forward to it.

It'll be a shame to see a household name like Arsenal/Celtic leave the tournament so early.

I'm fairly confident Arsenal can nick it over the two legs.

• Advertisement

Yep. All booked and looking forward to it.

It'll be a shame to see a household name like Arsenal/Celtic leave the tournament so early.

I'm fairly confident Arsenal can nick it over the two legs.
    Going to Parkhead or the Emirates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Emirates due to ticket availablilty. Limited away tickets for Parkhead.

Fair play mate have a good one.

Great Place to see which games are on sky here
    Will come in very useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

After the comments from Kolo recently and wealth of talent that Arsenal have in midfield and their youths, I too had a sneaky feeling that Cesc might be on his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gosh if Fabregas is on the market, expect a massive massive bidding war. I can't see United, Chelsea, City, Barca or Madrid not be interested in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Just because a club is interested in signing Fabregas, that does not mean he is on the market. He has repeatedly stated that he will be at Arsenal for the foreseeable future at least, and if he was to leave it would have to be for an awful lot more than 30 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Oh absolutely. But if Fabregas decides its time to move on, Barca will have to pay a hell of a lot more than 30 million to get him. He's worth 40-50 million in this market, maybe more.
    Extremely young and already on his way to be being the best player in his position of his generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I said it last season, and I'm going to stand by it. I reckon next year is the year we lose Fab.

He's going to want trophies and to be playing in a World class team, something that, unless we uncharacteristically spend big this year, he won't acheive at Arsenal in the next few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

If we don't win anything this year i would expect Fabregas to go, maybe even Van Persie too.

When we don't win anything this year i would expect Fabregas to go, maybe even Van Persie too.

FYP. Ah no, being serious for a moment. Its a massive massive season for us, and we need a lot of things to go right. And lets face it, our luck in the previous couple of campaigns has been rotten. We need RvP and Arshavin to stay fit for the entire season. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we simply have to buy defensive cover. AW said at the beginning of the summer that the squad was strong and the most important thing was keeping it together. Well, that hasnt worked out very well. Surely he sees the need for another centre half. It annoys me so much to hear him talk of Silvestre as if he's any way competent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Instead of discussing tabloid muck does anyone want to comment on this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8192584.stm

I think his lack of sleep comment is gas!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement