Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

smilerf wrote: »
    maybe ur right. i just would like to see an out and goalscorer at arsenal imo we dont have 1 bar arshavin maybe

That is just laughable.
    Arshavin is no out and out goalscorer.
    Yes he can score, but thats just because he's not afraid to try.
    We have never really seen Eduardo propely, and himself, VanPersie & Bendtner can all score against big teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Eduaro is the nearest striker similiar to Robbie Fowler i've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Esse85 wrote: »
    Eduaro .

he's a class act

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Esse85 wrote: »
    Eduaro is the nearest striker similiar to Robbie Fowler i've seen in a long time.
    Good Comparison Actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

agree 100% about Eduardo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

From here.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh $%%^%$^^%$%£$%"$%, shut up please, just stop talking and concentrate on buying somebody :mad:

Sorry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

jasonorr wrote: »
    From here.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh $%%^%$^^%$%£$%"$%, shut up please, just stop talking and concentrate on buying somebody :mad:

Sorry...

Rooney,Gerrad,Torres,Messi,Kaka,Ronaldo,Iniesta,Villa,Ribery,Ibra.

There's 10.

Strange comment from Arsene considering i don't think anyone is expecting him to sign anything like a big name-means if nothing is won, he is kinda putting the blame entirly on himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Rooney,Gerrad,Torres,Messi,Kaka,Ronaldo,Iniesta,Villa,Ribery,Ibra.

There's 10.

Strange comment from Arsene considering i don't think anyone is expecting him to sign anything like a big name-means if nothing is won, he is kinda putting the blame entirly on himself.

There's a lot more than that to be honest!

Nothing will be won either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

what does arshavin do when gets the near goal. thats right he scores most times. in my book thats an out and goalscorer. willie from what i've seen before and now u seem enjoy attacking other people's opinions.
    whatever floats your boat man!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

Fcuk sake. Mark Lawrenson going for a 2-1 win for Everton tomorrow. :(

I'd say 2-0 to Arsenal. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8197263.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

what does arshavin do when gets the near goal. thats right he scores most times. in my book thats an out and goalscorer. willie from what i've seen before and now u seem enjoy attacking other people's opinions.

He does get goals, but the other opinion is some what valid to in the sense that unlike a lot of the other players we have he is more willing to have a pop at goal ;)

Plus it's hard to tell if he is an out and out goalscorer as we only saw him for like half the season last season. This season I think he will have a great one assuming he stays injury free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

DenMan wrote: »
    Fcuk sake. Mark Lawrenson going for a 2-1 win for Everton tomorrow. :(

That's a good thing as he is usually wrong from what I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

Souless wrote: »
    He does get goals, but the other opinion is some what valid to in the sense that unlike a lot of the other players we have he is more willing to have a pop at goal ;)

Plus it's hard to tell if he is an out and out goalscorer as we only saw him for like half the season last season. This season I think he will have a great one assuming he stays injury free :D
    thats fair enough man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

jasonorr wrote: »
    From here.

Sorry...

I agree with you Jason, its massively frustrating to hear him say that when just a couple of days before he said we were nowhere close to signing anyone. Hangeland and Veloso, Arsene. There's 2 players that would hugely improve the team and we'd get both for about £25m. Put the money where the mouth is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

So are we relegated to online streams for today?

For those of us without ESPN I mean...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Frisbee wrote: »
    So are we relegated to online streams for today?

For those of us without ESPN I mean...

Yes. I guess so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Right, predicting a 2-1 win to the Arsenal this evening. Everton to take the lead, but us to finish the stronger and get two goals in the second half, Arshavin and Fabregas to score.

Come on the ARSENAL!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Haha, Denilson obviously still can't speak English.

The best however is Eduardo, "I'm back":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's all about trophies!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

willie from what i've seen before and now u seem enjoy attacking other people's opinions.

What? Attacking your opinion, i said it was laughable, it really was.
    Your the one that made an extravagant post about we have no out and out goalscorers, are you watching a different Arsenal :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Not long to kick off now, lets hope it's a memorable season for us with some silverware at the end.
    playa3 wrote: »

Was just coming in here to post pretty much the same thing, although I did like Denilson's pledge.

Anyone got a stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Stream: http://hqsportz.net/chan1.html

Team:

Almunia
    Sagna
    Gallas----Vermaelen
    Clichy
    Song Billong

Fabregas
    Denilson
    --van Persie
    Bendtner
    Arshavin--

Subs: Mannone, Eduardo, Ramsey, Silvestre, Eboue, Gibbs, Merida.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Arsenal versus Portsmouth match, tickets on general sale for anyone interested.

Not till the 17th according to the website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Arsenal versus Portsmouth match, tickets on general sale for anyone interested.

Let's hope it's another solid performance like today ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

Great start , just what Arsenal needed with a lot of people (myself included) writing you off ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Yeah can't believe I missed it, must have been some match ah well have to settle for the highlights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Lads, looking at the highlights now and just wondering why is Bendtner number 52 for ye?
    Some win for ye today btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Beautiful football, truly beautiful, the thing that impressed me the most is how excellently the strikers tended to set up midfielders for goal scoring opportunities. Fabregas first was made by both Arshavin and Van Persie, they were distributing the ball around like playmakers for long periods in the game. It also seemed like the CB's weren't joining in on open play attacking because they were positionally restricted, it was one of those days where it seemed like any player on the pitch could notch up a goal... really really impressive stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

First of all - so I don't sound simply bitter - I'm delighted with the result yesterday.

Vermaelen looks like he belongs(here's hoping we can keep him fit); Song produced one of those performances we believed he had in him; and the attack gelled pretty well.

However I'm awaiting the infuriating backlash of pro-Arsenal bull*hit from everyone, particularly from the media.

Yesterday one of the cun*s on sky or setanta or whatever was proclaiming that there was only a big three now. If he sticks to that opinion, then fair play but no doubt after a single victory, Arsenal now will be 'challenging' or back where they belong.

still delighted though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

gosplan wrote: »
    Yesterday one of the cun*s on sky or setanta or whatever was proclaiming that there was only a big three now. If he sticks to that opinion, then fair play but no doubt after a single victory, Arsenal now will be 'challenging' or back where they belong.

Think it was Phil Thompson, the guy's a complete joke, the worst pundit going imo. His predictions for this season are Liverpool to win the league, Arsenal to finish fifth and Man City to be outside the top six, he'll be wrong about everyone of those. It's unreal to think that he was assistant manager at Liverpool for so long, he really knows nothing about the game.

gosplan wrote: »
    However I'm awaiting the infuriating backlash of pro-Arsenal bull*hit from everyone, particularly from the media.

I agree 100% with you, I never wrote arsenal's chances off last week, but yesterdays amazing performance won't change my mind either. Arsenal on their day are capable of beating any side in the world by 3,4,5 goals, their problem has ALWAYS been consistency, an amazing performance like yesterday could be followed by a few draws to fodder teams. I'd love to see Arsenal lift the title though, prove everyone wrong.

eZe^ wrote: »
    their problem has ALWAYS been consistency, an amazing performance like yesterday could be followed by a few draws to fodder teams.

Precisely, let's hope we don't have any more Stoke's/Hull's etc this year

Also wanna say, I'd rate a fit Van Persie up there as the best striker in the league, on par with Torres. He's oh so good...

eZe^ wrote: »
    Also wanna say, I'd rate a fit Van Persie up there as the best striker in the league, on par with Torres. He's oh so good...

I like the new formation we're playing. But at the same time I'd like to see us try a 4-4-2 at some stage with RVP and Eduardo up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Liked Arshavin's pledge, "Five goals, one game".

Great to see the 4-3-3 variation being played. I think this is far and away our best formation.
    Vermaelen was immense yesterday. He totally marked the giant Felaini out of the game for long periods, a player we have had great difficulty with in the past. Hopefully he will build on this performance and become a quality player for us.
    6-1, what a result. Should give us all the confidence we need for the game against Celtic.

Galvasean wrote: »
    6-1, what a result. Should give us all the confidence we need for the game against Celtic.

Aye that's one of the great positives to take out of the game.

Thought Song played very well yesterday, did exactly what he was supposed to. He's still the slowest man on the planet but his positional awareness seems to have improved greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've always thought that Arsenal were a threat. That they opened with a huge confidence building win will only magnify that. They are a confidence based team, much more than United or Cheslea.

The real question for me remains however how good Song or Denilson will be when they play a 4-4-2, with only one of them there. A 4-5-1 won't be creative enough consistantly to win the league which Wenger knows, so he'll have to switch to 4-4-2 for the weaker teams. Are Denilson or Song good enough to work with Fabregas? I'm still not sure. But amazingly, I think Arsenal's season depends on them, one of them stepping up.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    Are Denilson or Song good enough to work with Fabregas?.

To be frank, no, I don't believe so.
    Against smaller teams I'd have Denilson in there.
    And for bigger games Song.

However if we keep playing the 4-3-3 they can both work well with Fab and each other.

I'd just have Nasri/Rosicky in for one of them in the 3 mids when they're back, perfect.

I'd just have Nasri/Rosicky in for one of them in the 3 mids when they're back, perfect.

Definitely

Rosicky----Song----Fab

That's a pretty well balanced middle three. It would also be perfect for feeding the likes of Arshavin, RVP, Eduardo, Bendtner, Walcott etc. up front

Definitely

Rosicky----Song----Fab

That's a pretty well balanced middle three. It would also be perfect for feeding the likes of Arshavin, RVP, Eduardo, Bendtner, Walcott etc. up front

You didn't say Vela? You usually say Vela.

You didn't say Vela? You usually say Vela.

I know. I've given up on the fact of him ever gaining a starting place for us, he didn't even make the bench yesterday so I'm fully resigned to see him playing for someone like Sevilla or Espanyol next year.

Definitely

Rosicky----Song----Fab

Yep, and I've said this before but people seriously underestimate Rosicky's tackling ability, and he's quite fast too.(in comparison to the other's anyway)

• Advertisement

I know. I've given up on the fact of him ever gaining a starting place for us, he didn't even make the bench yesterday so I'm fully resigned to see him playing for someone like Sevilla or Espanyol next year.

I share your pesimism re: Vela. I think the rise of Wilshire will be the end of Vela's Arsenal career.

Nah I reckon he'll get his chances. It's just the fact he's always having to travel half way around the world that holding him back

I share your pesimism re: Vela. I think the rise of Wilshire will be the end of Vela's Arsenal career.

Precisely...
    Nah I reckon he'll get his chances. It's just the fact he's always having to travel half way around the world that holding him back

He doesn't do it that often to be fair. While it does contribute Wenger obviously doesn't rate him when he's playing Bendtner on the wing ahead of him (not saying Bendtner isn;t doing a good job there, but Vela is a much more natural winger than Bendtner). He also only got one Premier LEague start last year, and that was in a nothing game we didn't need to win and we put out the reserves. Also if Wenger is trying to sign Chamkah I reckon Vela is gone, because we already have a load of strikers without adding another and if we get Chamkah, Vela will be 5th choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Are Arsenal fans worried that Wenger will buy noone now?
    Or do you think he would be right to do so?

JPA wrote: »
    Are Arsenal fans worried that Wenger will buy noone now?
    Or do you think he would be right to do so?

Haven't been on this bandwagon in a while now...

Veloso

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement