Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

JPA wrote: »
    Are Arsenal fans worried that Wenger will buy noone now?
    Or do you think he would be right to do so?

While yesterday's result was impressive, I still don't think we have enough depth in defense. We have more than enough attacking options though.

Speaking of the backs, is Fabianski injured? I noticed Mannone was on the bench yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

eZe^ wrote: »
    Also wanna say, I'd rate a fit Van Persie up there as the best striker in the league, on par with Torres. He's oh so good...

no he's not. he has the technique but not the brain, he can be far too selfish sometimes.
    PHB wrote: »
    The real question for me remains however how good Song or Denilson will be when they play a 4-4-2, with only one of them there. A 4-5-1 won't be creative enough consistantly to win the league which Wenger knows, so he'll have to switch to 4-4-2 for the weaker teams. Are Denilson or Song good enough to work with Fabregas? I'm still not sure. But amazingly, I think Arsenal's season depends on them, one of them stepping up.

Arsene has said he will be using 4-3-3 much more this season so i wouldn't worry about that. We haven't had the players for 4-4-2 for a while now anyway, still don't. an a 4-3-3 Song and Denilson pretty well compensate for each other's weaknesses and allow Fab to get free which is what we need. 4-3-3 also spreads the opposition defences a lot more than 4-4-2 does and allows for more overlapping. You saw the link-up play yesterday.

Pretty impressed by Vermaelen. not so much for the physical stuff everyone's been going on about, but for the way he would scream and roar at Gallas and everyone else if they were slow getting back in formation. We finally have a leader in defence again.

Still worried though, Sagna and Clichy still look like they are making a fair few unforced errors, and the defence overall still looked a bit vulnerable at times, whenever Everton got the ball in there there was still a little bit of panic. We'll see, but that 6-1 really flattered us imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

Papers are saying that we set to bid for Rafael van der Vaart. Be a quality signing if we can pull it off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8203823.stm

And Hangeland for 12 mill too!!!

DenMan wrote: »
    Papers are saying that we set to bid for Rafael van der Vaart. Be a quality signing if we can pull it off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8203823.stm

we have Nasri, Roskicky, Fabregas, Arshavin, Ramsey, Wilshire... why do we need another playmaker?

stupidest rumour ever.

Highlights of yesterdays demolition for anyone who missed it.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3204688/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Either of the Diarra's from Madrid would be a much better move. I'm wondering when the exodus is going to happen from them actually :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Either of the Diarra's from Madrid would be a much better move. I'm wondering when the exodus is going to happen from them actually :)

Lassana is hardly for sale. And going back to Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Id definately like to sign Hangelaad.
    However, Van Der Vaart? i dont see what the pint would be.

Mahamadou isn't good enough. Lassana wont be sold, and even if he were for sale...
    And going back to Arsenal?

bad blood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I cannot see Wenger buying Hangeland now. He is about 28 and will cost a fair whack (£10-£15m). Is he then going to drop Gallas/Vermaelan?

Van Der Vaart, while probably not needed, would be a nice addition for £6m and would help cushion any major injury...this is the depth we need to be looking for if we are to sustain a title challenge.

So far it looks very positive and I am now looking forward even more to my visit to The Emirates for the Wigan game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

46 points in fantasy football with Gerrard, Masch, Charragher and Corluka still to play, raging I hadn't picked Cesc though.

This is the team i had when i posted in the goonership forum,
    1: Van der Sar

2: Zhirkov

3: Woodgate

4: Evra

5: Hangeland

6: Arshavin

7: Fabregas
    (C)

8: Noble

9: Mascherano

10: Van Persie

11: Owen

12: Hart

13: Dawson

14: Muamba

15: Ebanks-Blake.

Can't believe i changed this team, Noble scored and Fabregas the captain,
    along with the assists :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Are Arsenal fans worried that Wenger will buy noone now?
    Or do you think he would be right to do so?

Worried? Of course! We need to add to the squad to compensate for injuries, I'd be surprised if we do though especially after yesterdays match.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Speaking of the backs, is Fabianski injured? I noticed Mannone was on the bench yesterday

Yeah, he's out for 2 months after having surgery on his knee...Djourou's out for 1 month as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads, do any of you know the reason Nicklas Bendtner changed his number to 52? :confused:

I mean, 26 was a decent squad number, and 52 is double, but that cant be the reason can it?

Any ideas?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Lads, do any of you know the reason Nicklas Bendtner changed his number to 52? :confused:

I mean, 26 was a decent squad number, and 52 is double, but that cant be the reason can it?

Any ideas?
    One Of His Grandfathers Died At The Age Of 52?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Any ideas?

In an interview very recently he said it's a lucky number for him. He played very well yesterday. Great technique and quick movement. Go 52 I say. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah he was good yesterday.

But 52 isnt a football number, worse than Ronaldinho 80! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Any number over 11 looks out of place, most of the time, on a football shirt. I don't think it makes any difference whether he wears no.9 or no.79. If he feels it is lucky then fire ahead. It is just the norm now that a player can chose any no. for his jersey.

Gone are the days where you were given your shirt number on a Saturday morning....there was no need to even ask what position you were playing. If your shirt number was over 11, you were not playing, and if it was no.2 you were playing right full;)......

...Can you imagine....

Manager: "There you go, the no.10 shirt for you Joey"

Joey: "Centre Forward today boss?"

Manager: "No, Centre half Joey"

Congrats to Williecockers being first, But gameweek 2 you are seriously Fcuked :pac:.
    3 Fulham players 3 Arsenal players and given in goal :pac: alot of changes :p.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Congrats to Williecockers being first, But gameweek 2 you are seriously Fcuked :pac:.

Thats what transfers are for. :p.

Thats what transfers are for. :p.
    Minus 4 points for everyone :eek: ouch :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Minus 4 points for everyone :eek: ouch :p.

cant you do 1 per gameweek and not get deducted points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

thorbarry wrote: »
    cant you do 1 per gameweek and not get deducted points?

Yes, you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Mahamadou isn't good enough. Lassana wont be sold, and even if he were for sale...

Mahamadou is a fantastic defensive midfielder actually. No surprise that his absence last year meant no silverware, whereas the previous two years with him they won the league title. The people that don't rate him are the people who never watch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Paleface wrote: »
    That can't be real.

Although the part about Cashley asking for it in his face does sound about right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

LOL

Just ran a search on www.tvguide.co.uk and found that our game against Celtic is on Sky Sports 2 tomorrow night. Can't wait. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just ran a search on www.tvguide.co.uk and found that our game against Celtic is on Sky Sports 2 tomorrow night. Can't wait. :D

tv3 too

Well The Dodgy Box Sports Channels Have Just Gone Again So Looks Like A Stream For Me :mad:.
    Edit: Thanks Headshot Tv3 It Is :)

• Advertisement

tv3 too!!! lovely stuff. cheers Headshot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Well The Dodgy Box Sports Channels Have Just Gone Again So Looks Like A Stream For Me :mad:.
    Edit: Thanks Headshot Tv3 It Is :)
    tv3 too!!! lovely stuff. cheers Headshot.

no bother folks

I cant wait for it

should be a cracking match

I'm in work tomorrow night.

And I can't even ask for it off because I've just been off for the last 8 weeks and lucky i even got it back.

I'd say the pub next door will be showing it though so can pop in and out

Do you work in a restaurant Frisbee? Handy if you do alrite.

Do you work in a restaurant Frisbee? Handy if you do alrite.

Nah an offo, but there's a pub right beside us so usually can take my break in there.

Just realised I'm on a 9 hour shift tomo so I get an hours break, result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

I think willie is pretty safe at the top so for gameweek 2 considering Arsenal, Fulham and City arent playing!!!!!!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Walcott ruled out for the Celtic game with a back injury, Fabregas hamstring problem and rated 50/50 for the match.

Denilson and Sagna also doubtfull!:(

itsjaybud wrote: »
    Walcott ruled out for the Celtic game with a back injury, Fabregas hamstring problem and rated 50/50 for the match.

Denilson and Sagna also doubtfull!:(
    Argh, hope to see Wilshere get a few minutes and hope we attack from the
    start. Want to see Eduardo start but don't think that will happen, looking forward to song having another great game. He's really gonna step up to the plate this year, but there is a lack in depth :(.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/17/barcelona-cesc-fabregas-albert-riera

Please let that be the last we hear of it this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Really looking forward to tonights game........celtic usually raise their game against EPL sides........an away goal or 2 would be nice.

Good ta be, good ta be, good ta be A GOONER.

• Advertisement

2-0 Arsenal.
    Van Persie & Bendnter.

Come on Wenger sign another Cb + Dm, Looking forward to transfer deadline day with you lot ;):pac:.

I'm not hugely pushed on the DM now, not unless it's a big signing. I'd rather we kept who we have now rather than bring in another nobody kid. If it was someone established though, I'd be delighted.

As for defense:

RB: Sagna, Eboue
    LB: Clichy, Traore, Gibbs
    CB: Gallas, Vermaelen, Djourou, Senderos.

I'm not even going to list Silvestre as a football player.

If we hold onto Senderos we're in decent enough shape. But if he does go we really need another CB.

Agreed.
    Unless its a top DM, why bring in another average DM to battle with Denilson & Song for a place, when they are playing their best football.
    If it's just for cover then a DC/DM ie someone who can play both positions would be ideal.

Well whatever happens transfer deadline day should be interesting :).

Looking through youtube vids and came across this mad cnut:

What a legend he was :D

Leg-end allright.:rolleyes:
    he lost us the Champions League.

He was very entertaining i'll give him that.

• Advertisement

Don't know weather we would have won anyways but he practically got us there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement