Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [warning post #417, 418]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

eirebhoy wrote: »
    tbf Rangers benefit to the tune of about £3m in TV revenue by Celtic going out and the short term is a lot more important to them then 3 years down the line. Rangers fans should be desperately hoping Celtic go into the Europa imo.

Thats a fair point.... 3m is alot of money to Rangers at the moment. Depending on draw, Celtic qualifying could help push Rangers to pot 2 ensuring an easier draw when you see teams. So swings and roundabouts.

However, if Coillte Bhoy is going to bite off his nose to spite his face in cheering Rangers CL opponents and thinking its a great laugh then so be it.... Thats sad IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Brewster wrote: »
    Beating Moscow and suddenly Celtic are world beaters eh?! Celtic do not want to draw Arsenal if they have aspirations of playing in group stages of CL this season!

nope

its simply that Celtic usually win against English Prem teams.

IMO Arsenal are there for the taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Anyone seen this yet?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/8186533.stm

Respect To Bellamy :D:D:D

Pal wrote: »
    nope

its simply that Celtic usually win against English Prem teams.

IMO Arsenal are there for the taking.

Can't see how you can think that. While Arsenal may have some defensive limitations, I don't think a Celtic team three weeks into a new season under new management are likely to expose these. On the other hand, Arsenal's movement middle to front would be too much for Celtic. On their today, Arsenal could beat any team in the world such is their individual and collective skill levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Who's he, a travel agent in Glasgow??
    I don't get the joke?:confused:

Sorry apple dont mind me was just on a bit of a high after the win and was picking up on your spelling of Mowbray :o I guess when you have to explain a joke its not a good sign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Can't see how you can think that. While Arsenal may have some defensive limitations, I don't think a Celtic team three weeks into a new season under new management are likely to expose these. On the other hand, Arsenal's movement middle to front would be too much for Celtic. On their today, Arsenal could beat any team in the world such is their individual and collective skill levels.

heres why I think it

Arsenal are heading for 6th in the PL if they're lucky. Villa and MC to take over.

They have sold their best players.

Wenger is past it now

Confidence will be low.

New Celtic revitalised.

The draw is on now.
    Hope Celtic get Arsenal and do them.

heres why I think it

Arsenal are heading for 6th in the PL if they're lucky. Villa and MC to take over.

Wenger is past it now

Confidence will be low.

New Celtic revitalised.

The draw is on now.
    Hope Celtic get Arsenal and do them.

Time will tell eh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

heres why I think it

Wenger is past it now

Confidence will be low.

Oh please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

What a tough draw to get. The team with the best set of attackers in England imo. A glamour tie though and it'll be some game to watch. End to end.

Just glad Europa league is guaranteed which takes a bit of pressure off.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote: »
    What a tough draw to get. The team with the best set of attackers in England imo. A glamour tie though and it'll be some game to watch. End to end.

Just glad Europa league is guaranteed which takes a bit of pressure off.

Eirebhoy, I agree. Celtic realistiically have to go for it in Glasgow however this could play into Arsenal's counter attack game. Hope I am wrong, and though it will be tighter than some people predict, I can't see Arsenal failing to win tie.

You back for the new season brewster???:( You and your bloody co efficient. Were any of us Celtic fans worried about that last season when rangers were dumped out by Kuanas??? Were we fcuk. And equally i'm sure they are not consoling themselves today by thinking of the good it will do the co efficient. You just don't get it do you.

Now Coillte_Bhoy, the draw today could be the start of things to come for the Old Firm as a result of a falling co-efficient due to poor european performances. Good european runs for the Old Firm are impertative this season so have a think about this.

Well it finally happened the draw I've been dreading for years, yes I am also an Arsenal fan :o

My biggest fear for Celtic in this match is that they will lack the firepower upfront, only Skippy really poses a serious threat, I have no doubt Celtic will match them and most likely out do them for work rate and effort but I fear Arsenals class may prove a bridge too far, it will however be two cracking ties and alot closer than most gooners are expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Eirebhoy, I agree. Celtic realistiically have to go for it in Glasgow however this could play into Arsenal's counter attack game. Hope I am wrong, and though it will be tighter than some people predict, I can't see Arsenal failing to win tie.

Would have preferred any of the other 5 teams than Arsenal, who I believe have the capability to tear our centre halves apart.

Hopefully we win the first leg and go to London still in with a chance.

I think it will be very close and although Arsenal rightly will be favourites I'm hoping our greater work ethic and muscle will pull us through.

What a scalp it would be!

Well it finally happened the draw I've been dreading for years, yes I am also an Arsenal fan :o

So mate - who will you be cheering for???!!!:D

So mate - who will you be cheering for???!!!:D

Not even a second thought I will be shouting for the Hoops all the way, Hail Hail!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Now Coillte_Bhoy, the draw today could be the start of things to come for the Old Firm as a result of a falling co-efficient due to poor european performances. Good european runs for the Old Firm are impertative this season so have a think about this.

I didnt realise the coefficient had disimproved that much but i've thought about it and 'Fk the Old Firm - No Guilt By Association'

Ha! The ignorance of that post! I think the importance of the co-efficient has been pointed out by other posters on here! I think you need to go and do your homework, a hour or two private's tuition with Bert would set you straight. If any Rangers fan takes pleasure by Celtic getting knocked out of Europe, then they are every bit as ignorant as yourself. BTW, I dont doubt they do exist. If you are a true Celtic supporter who wants whats best for the Celtic, you'll bite your lip and wish Rangers all the best in the CL and hope they can help salvage some pride for the league your team plays in.

Keep calling me ignorant good lad. Don't tell me about being a true Celtic supporter. You don't know me or have a clue about me. I will not wish that mob any luck in the CL. How will it salvage pride for the SPL?? They bring nothing but shame on the league and the city of Glasgow by their antics abroad. You reallly don't get it. <May i ask who you support???

Keep calling me ignorant good lad. Don't tell me about being a true Celtic supporter. You don't know me or have a clue about me. I will not wish that mob any luck in the CL. How will it salvage pride for the SPL?? They bring nothing but shame on the league and the city of Glasgow by their antics abroad. You reallly don't get it. <May i ask who you support???

Ok, so you will not wish Rangers any luck in CL. Thats fine. You obviously put your hatred of Rangers ahead of your support for Celtic?? As I have explained on here, Rangers going on a long european run has a knock on positive effect on Celtic and vice versa. I can't put this any clearer. You have to ask yourself which is more important to you, hating all things Rangers or your support for Celtic? The choice is yours.....

Ok, so you will not wish Rangers any luck in CL. Thats fine. You obviously put your hatred of Rangers ahead of your support for Celtic?? As I have explained on here, Rangers going on a long european run has a knock on positive effect on Celtic and vice versa. I can't put this any clearer. You have to ask yourself which is more important to you, hating all things Rangers or your support for Celtic? The choice is yours.....

Well its not as cut and dried as that either Brewster, at the end of the day Celtic and Rangers are in direct opposition for the one automatic CL spot and how does Rangers succeeding and making millions upon millions* to improve their squad benefit Celtic?

* btw purely hypotetical and never in a million years going to happen but I guess even they can dream :D

No i do not put my hatred of Rangers first. I am sick of you and your sanctimonous crap. Please have the manners not to tell me what i do and dont feel or believe in. And no, you clown, i do not have to ask myself any questions. I am quite happy and clear in my own beliefs.

As i said in a previous post you do not know me, my past, my beliefs...anything so get a grip good lad and get a life. And you certainly do not understand the rivalvry betweejn Celtic and Rangers. In fact why do you keep coming into these Celtic threads with your lets all be friends stuff?? You still didnt tell me the team you follow??

• Advertisement

Well its not as cut and dried as that either Brewster, at the end of the day Celtic and Rangers are in direct opposition for the one automatic CL spot and how does Rangers succeeding and making millions upon millions* to improve their squad benefit Celtic?

* btw purely hypotetical and never in a million years going to happen but I guess even they can dream :D

And the reason they only have one spot is because Scotland's co-efficient has dropped so far down the scale!! If Celtic and Rangers can go on long runs each it will arrest the slide and push them towards the top ten once again, depending on what other countries do of course. If things continue in a bad vein, SPL will have only ONE CL place, and in the qualifers at that! Its absolutely crucial for the Old Firm to have a run this year. Eire Bhoy is spot on this topic and is very informed, ask him if you don't believe me!

No i do not put my hatred of Rangers first. I am sick of you and your sanctimonous crap. Please have the manners not to tell me what i do and dont feel or believe in. And no, you clown, i do not have to ask myself any questions. I am quite happy and clear in my own beliefs.

As i said in a previous post you do not know me, my past, my beliefs...anything so get a grip good lad and get a life. And you certainly do not understand the rivalvry betweejn Celtic and Rangers. In fact why do you keep coming into these Celtic threads with your lets all be friends stuff?? You still didnt tell me the team you follow??

I undertand the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers perfectly well. However, you obviously are not aware of the Scottish co-efficient and how is effects your team and their future participation in european competitions?? The money earned in Europe by OF is absolute paramount to their future survival. I know of plenty of Celtic and Rangers supporters who support each other in Europe for this very reason. They dont go running down the street screaming with joy, but there is an appreciation of a successful result could benefit their team. This is a fact, not opinion. Believe me this very real and not 'sanctimonous crap' as you politely state!

I undertand the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers perfectly well. However, you obviously are not aware of the Scottish co-efficient and how is effects your team and their future participation in european competitions?? The money earned in Europe by OF is absolute paramount to their future survival. I know of plenty of Celtic and Rangers supporters who support each other in Europe for this very reason. They dont go running down the street screaming with joy, but there is an appreciation of a successful result could benefit their team. This is a fact, not opinion. Believe me this very real and not 'sanctimonous crap' as you politely state!

Again you talk down to me like you do to most posters. Yes i do understand how the coefficient works, granted i am not as up to date on it this season but tbh all i was thinking about was Celtic's qualifying games so didnt look into it. Personally speaking i do not know one single Celtic supporter who actively would support rangers in europe but we obviously mix in different circles and thank god for that.
    This is a fact, not opinion.
    It maybe be a fact in your circle but dont generalise please. Go onto most celtic boards and see what the opinion is before making statements like that.

And anyone that starts sentences with 'Believe me....' well that says it all about you. Why the reluctance to say who you support???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

cson wrote: »
    I hope we (Arsenal) get Celtic, I'd love to travel to Glasgow for that one.
    i'd love to travel to london for this too, any tickets on the go????

fcuk thomas crook

Again you talk down to me like you do to most posters. Yes i do understand how the coefficient works, granted i am not as up to date on it this season but tbh all i was thinking about was Celtic's qualifying games so didnt look into it. Personally speaking i do not know one single Celtic supporter who actively would support rangers in europe but we obviously mix in different circles and thank god for that.

It maybe be a fact in your circle but dont generalise please. Go onto most celtic boards and see what the opinion is before making statements like that.

And anyone that starts sentences with 'Believe me....' well that says it all about you. Why the reluctance to say who you support???

Coillte Bhoy, there is no reluctance to say who I support. I am neither a Rangers or Celtic fan, not that it has anything to do with points I am making. This had been done to death on this forum and I dont want to discuss it again. The only team I passionately support is the Irish rugby team, I attend every game, again an irrelevant point and nothing to do with subject matter. I didn't set out to talk down to you, if it appeared that way I apologise. I was simply making the point how important it is that the Old Firm go on a european run this year, and by Rangers having a great CL run it could benefit Celtic in a couple of years. Simple, yet very clear and straighforward point. In general, I dont think the co-efficient system is fully understand by fans of all teams.

Coillte Bhoy, there is no reluctance to say who I support. I am neither a Rangers or Celtic fan, not that it has anything to do with points I am making. This had been done to death on this forum and I dont want to discuss it again. The only team I passionately support is the Irish rugby team, I attend every game, again an irrelevant point and nothing to do with subject matter. I didn't set out to talk down to you, if it appeared that way I apologise. I was simply making the point how important it is that the Old Firm go on a european run this year, and by Rangers having a great CL run it could benefit Celtic in a couple of years. Simple, yet very clear and straighforward point. In general, I dont think the co-efficient system is fully understand by fans of all teams.
    this is a celtic forum, why don't you take the rangers patter to the SPL forum????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I undertand the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers perfectly well. However, you obviously are not aware of the Scottish co-efficient and how is effects your team and their future participation in european competitions??

You are aware of the thread which exists for SPL discussion, you've dragged this thread off-topic enough now so please take that discussion elsewhere.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Lads, anyone got an idea of the situation regarding ESPN on UPC? Is there any information as to how many Celtic games are being shown by each? Are Setanta Ireland showing any games this season?

It all seems very vague at the moment, unless there's something I'm missing.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Lads, anyone got an idea of the situation regarding ESPN on UPC? Is there any information as to how many Celtic games are being shown by each? Are Setanta Ireland showing any games this season?

It all seems very vague at the moment, unless there's something I'm missing.

I don't think there is any agreement between UPC and ESPN yet, so you're only option in Ireland is to get it through Sky.

come on Bhoys, anyone heading over to the emirates in 2 weeks. I need a ticket if anyone can oblige :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Lads lets get back on track..apparently Celtic are looking at an indian lad called Sunil Chhetri (story), havent heard much about him but youtube throws up this...

Not sure how good he is, but if they do sign him they are sure to sell a fair few jerseys, albeit fakes! ha ha

I support Celtic - I see no reason why I should want Rangers to do well in Europe for some benefit that might or might not happen in a few years time.

Rangers are in a lot of financial difficulty at the moment, by getting into the CL this year they will take in over £10mstg - how does that benefit Celtic?

If Rangers have a couple of good runs in Europe, it might get Celtic an automatic CL place in two years time... now what if Celtic win the league that year and thus automatically enter the league stages of the CL? Then there is no direct benefit from it and Rangers also get into the CL as a result.

Can you explain how you think it would benefit Celtic by Rangers doing well? You might reference how much more of a turnover Rangers will get from doing well in the CL and tell me how this benefits Celtic too.

Many thanks.

Mod note: back-seat moderation is a really bad idea guys, please leave that to the mods. If you wish to discuss a particular situation then I'm happy to answer any PM, but any further mention of particular posters, their behaviour, or accusations of trolling may result in infraction and/or bans.

The charter is pretty clear on this, as are the rules for superthreads that i included in the first post on this thread.

We do not tolerate discussion of moderation, moderation of posts or reportable posts in thread. If you have a problem with the forum rules, PM the mods or start a thread in Help Desk.

Policy on back-seat modding
    If you have a problem with a post, report the post. Abusing other posters, telling posters not to post or any other "moderation" of the threads will not be tolerated, no matter how inflammatory. If you aren't discussing the points of a post, don't reply.
    This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

Further discussion of this by PM only, thank you

Rangers are in a lot of financial difficulty at the moment, by getting into the CL this year they will take in over £10mstg - how does that benefit Celtic?
    Having an absolutely crap Rangers team wouldn't benefit Celtic imo. I'd want Celtic out of the SPL asap if they had no competition for the league title.

I care about the reputation of the SPL and I want to see it being as strong as possible. If Celtic moved to the premiership then Rangers can go bust for all I care but as long as they're playing in Scotland competition is important.

I support Celtic - I see no reason why I should want Rangers to do well in Europe for some benefit that might or might not happen in a few years time.

If Rangers have a couple of good runs in Europe, it might get Celtic an automatic CL place in two years time... now what if Celtic win the league that year and thus automatically enter the league stages of the CL? Then there is no direct benefit from it and Rangers also get into the CL as a result.

Can you explain how you think it would benefit Celtic by Rangers doing well? You might reference how much more of a turnover Rangers will get from doing well in the CL and tell me how this benefits Celtic too.

Many thanks.

Bobby, thanks for response. You make some valid points. Clearly Rangers earning CL money this year will not benefit Celtic. However, this really is not the issue and you have to take a pragmatic approach to this. Rangers ARE in the CL group stages and are going to make the majority of the money, regardless of whether they win, lose or draw each game. Most income will come from Uefa Tv money and gate receipts.

The facts of the matter are, Rangers having a good run will benefit Celtic. Of this there is no question, and vice versa as I have pointed out. The key point here is the necessity of having to play CL qualifers. If Scottish football continues to fall down rankings, Celtic and Rangers will have to qualify regardless of who wins league. This will make it harder to get into CL group stages to improve co-efficient. The Europa league and the points available for it are much less than CL. Its a vicious cycle the clubs could find themselves in.

Even assuming Celtic were to win league every season for next 5, probably unlikely all things being equal, they may rarely feature in CL group stages because of co-efficient situation. Celtic will not be seeded in draw in all likelihood and will face the prospect of playing a big gun such as Arsenal etc.

Its just another example of how Celtic and Rangers need each other as Eire_Bhoy has pointed out. A move to the premiership would of course change this, however this is unlikely to happen. This is year both OF clubs really need to get behind each other and hope for good runs in Europe for each other. Otherwise, glamour night at Celtic Park and Ibrox will sadly be a thing of the past IMHO, and regretably so. Unfortunately this wont happen for a large number of OF fans, its certainly food for thought though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Bobby, thanks for response. You make some valid points. Clearly Rangers earning CL money this year will not benefit Celtic. However, this really is not the issue and you have to take a pragmatic approach to this. Rangers ARE in the CL group stages and are going to make the majority of the money, regardless of whether they win, lose or draw each game. Most income will come from Uefa Tv money and gate receipts.

The facts of the matter are, Rangers having a good run will benefit Celtic. Of this there is no question, and vice versa as I have pointed out. The key point here is the necessity of having to play CL qualifers. If Scottish football continues to fall down rankings, Celtic and Rangers will have to qualify regardless of who wins league. This will make it harder to get into CL group stages to improve co-efficient. The Europa league and the points available for it are much less than CL. Its a vicious cycle the clubs could find themselves in.

Even assuming Celtic were to win league every season for next 5, probably unlikely all things being equal, they may rarely feature in CL group stages because of co-efficient situation. Celtic will not be seeded in draw in all likelihood and will face the prospect of playing a big gun such as Arsenal etc.

Its just another example of how Celtic and Rangers need each other as Eire_Bhoy has pointed out. A move to the premiership would of course change this, however this is unlikely to happen. This is year both OF clubs really need to get behind each other and hope for good runs in Europe for each other. Otherwise, glamour night at Celtic Park and Ibrox will sadly be a thing of the past IMHO, and regretably so. Unfortunately this wont happen for a large number of OF fans, its certainly food for thought though.

Nothing in that post is food for thought. You are talking about the mechanics of the co-efficient system which nobody is arguing with. If Rangers go on a run in Europe, it benefits the Scottish co-efficient and future CL placings. Ditto with Celtic. We get the message.

You are well aware of the bitter rivalry between Rangers and Celtic fans, so imo to suggest that Celtic fans "get behind" Rangers and vice versa is just daft. Celtic just need to get their own house in order and do as best they can in Europe, regardless of what Rangers do. If another team's results help you out in the long run, that's fine and I'll take it, but I'd never personally "get behind" a team I dislike as that would be two-faced. When Celtic got to the last 16 in two seasons, I didn't spare an iota of thought for Rangers, and I wouldn't expect the same from them.

Nothing in that post is food for thought. You are talking about the mechanics of the co-efficient system which nobody is arguing with. If Rangers go on a run in Europe, it benefits the Scottish co-efficient and future CL placings. Ditto with Celtic. We get the message.

You are well aware of the bitter rivalry between Rangers and Celtic fans, so imo to suggest that Celtic fans "get behind" Rangers and vice versa is just daft. Celtic just need to get their own house in order and do as best they can in Europe, regardless of what Rangers do. If another team's results help you out in the long run, that's fine and I'll take it, but I'd never personally "get behind" a team I dislike as that would be two-faced. When Celtic got to the last 16 in two seasons, I didn't spare an iota of thought for Rangers, and I wouldn't expect the same from them.

Paul, no one is saying you should have spared an iota of thought for Rangers when Celtic got to last 16 two years in a row! Why would you?!! Fair play to Celtic and it was a great achievement by the management and players of Celtic and I fear it could be a while before its achieved again!

I do take your point that the majority of OF fans wont support each other regardless, thats not the issue at hand.

I was simply responding to Bobby's post asking me to clarify how supporting Rangers in CL group stages will ultimately benefit Celtic and likewise with Rangers fans supporting Celtic in their european campaign.

There are many fans out that dont understand co-efficient system, its not the easiest system to keep up to date on!

There are many fans out that dont understand co-efficient system, its not the easiest system to keep up to date on!

There are also many ''fans'' out there who dont seem to underastand the very nature of supporting a team and how rivarly works even do I would have thought it was very basic but there you go some people never cease to amaze me, now stop licking the screen on your computer and off to bed like a good chap :p

There are also many ''fans'' out there who dont seem to underastand the very nature of supporting a team and how rivarly works even do I would have thought it was very basic but there you go some people never cease to amaze me, now stop licking the screen on your computer and off to bed like a good chap :p

Can't quite understand your post, care to re-word and re-submit?

• Advertisement

I was simply responding to Bobby's post asking me to clarify how supporting Rangers in CL group stages will ultimately benefit Celtic and likewise with Rangers fans supporting Celtic in their european campaign.

But it doesn't, that's my point. You think Celtic fans should be watching Rangers in the CL cheering them on because Celtic could benefit from an automatic CL group stage place in a few years assuming Rangers do well in the CL and assuming Celtic win the league the year that the improved co-efficient comes into effect.

My point is I don't understand how you would expect Celtic fans to "get behind" Rangers in Europe, and vice-versa. "Getting behind" them is irrelevant with regard to what happens the co-efficient. Why would I ever support Rangers?!?!?!?

But it doesn't, that's my point. You think Celtic fans should be watching Rangers in the CL cheering them on because Celtic could benefit from an automatic CL group stage place in a few years assuming Rangers do well in the CL and assuming Celtic win the league the year that the improved co-efficient comes into effect.

My point is I don't understand how you would expect Celtic fans to "get behind" Rangers in Europe, and vice-versa. "Getting behind" them is irrelevant with regard to what happens the co-efficient. Why would I ever support Rangers?!?!?!?

Paul, I fully understand where your coming from and I agree with you. Whether Celtic fans get behind Rangers isn't exactly going to affect Rangers performance on field in the CL games! Of course it isnt! So 'get behind' is not the correct use of english!

All I am saying is that Rangers and Celtic need each other to perform well in Europe in order to be successful themselves especially as co-efficient has fallen so much. So when Rangers got to Uefa cup final two years ago, the points gained will benefit Celtic etc etc. I actually think we are all in agreement on this.

For the record, I know of fans who do get behind the other team because they see the bigger picture. Whether this makes you a lesser fan, well I dont think that it does.

I don't cheer them on in Europe but I don't get upset when lose and on reflection a 3-0 win in Lyon is good for the reputation of the SPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Off topic (or back on topic - I dont know how this thread is going anymore) but Scott McDonald looked quite comfortable against us the last night as a lone strker with a pushing midfielder like Cahill feeding off him. McDonald and a pushing midfielder looked like a nice partnership and I would like to see some of that this season. Its just a case of which midfielder would fill that role? Brown perhaps?

Off topic (or back on topic - I dont know how this thread is going anymore) but Scott McDonald looked quite comfortable against us the last night as a lone strker with a pushing midfielder like Cahill feeding off him. McDonald and a pushing midfielder looked like a nice partnership and I would like to see some of that this season. Its just a case of which midfielder would fill that role? Brown perhaps?

Brown certainly looked very capable in that position in hte champions league away game

heading up to aberdeen in the morning. pissing rain here, hopefully it clears up ok. a lunchtime kick off in the north of scotland is a pisser, but telly money speaks

lets get into this new season with style. every week i throw €20 on us, 4 x €5 bets, us to win 2-0, 2-1, 3-0 or 3-1. went on a lovely wee run last season which eventually fell away, much like our title challenge.

• Advertisement

poindexter wrote: »
    heading up to aberdeen in the morning. pissing rain here, hopefully it clears up ok. a lunchtime kick off in the north of scotland is a pisser, but telly money speaks

lets get into this new season with style. every week i throw €20 on us, 4 x €5 bets, us to win 2-0, 2-1, 3-0 or 3-1. went on a lovely wee run last season which eventually fell away, much like our title challenge.

You must be quids in Poindexter, as it was only second last game of season Celtic threw away the title..........!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

is there a thread for today's match? getting excited now. daily record rumouring taht hinkel could be on his way to hull. fail to see any truth in it but it would be a big blow, in my opinion he is one of teh first names down on the team-sheet, rarely spectacular yet rarely poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭allybhoy

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    is there a thread for today's match? getting excited now. daily record rumouring taht hinkel could be on his way to hull. fail to see any truth in it but it would be a big blow, in my opinion he is one of teh first names down on the team-sheet, rarely spectacular yet rarely poor.

No thread no, and ive also no stream so cant watch it...just kicking off now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

allybhoy wrote: »
    No thread no, and ive also no stream so cant watch it...just kicking off now :(

http://www.p2p4u.net/watch-live-sports.php?id=4038&link=Link 1&site=Live Football Stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

bmcgov86 wrote: »

doesn't work, I had a stream and it crashed on me! :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement