Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [warning post #417, 418]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Brewster wrote: »
    N'Guemo, what a waste of a Celtic Jersey? Do any Celtic fans seriously rate him? He gets a nosebleed if he goes beyond half way line!

I think he is by far the best we have in midfield actually. Lets not forget tonight he was forced to control basically the whole of Celtic's centre and do the donkey work for Ki and McGeady who were pure sh1t. I would challenge any player to be put between two such poor players and come out of a game with flying colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Charco wrote: »
    Ah lads, welcome back to reality after 24 hours of misplaced hope :(. I honestly don't know where to start with the game tonight. It may be anger and/or alcohol taking here but I have come to the conclusion that there are far too many squad players that just aren't fit to wear the Celtic jersey any more.

If I was in charge I think I would drop Boruc for a while and give Zaluska a shot, Artur has deteriorated an awful lot as a keeper, when was the last time we saw him pull off a top class save like McGregor did at the end of the last OF game from Samaras' shot? Zaluska may not be much better but some competition might help Boruc, otherwise he just isn't worth his wage.

In the back line Naylor and Loovens should be gotten rid of ASAP, they are nowhere near standard.

In midfield I would sell McGeady if offered a half decent price for him, no end product from him whatsoever, I had held out hope that his crossing would improve and he would start finding the net but he just isn't doing that with us. He is a hindrance to the team now I believe and from what I have seen over the last while Hinkel provides more of a threat down our right wing than McGeady. Only a couple of years ago I remember Spurs being linked with McGeady for a double figure sum, now I would be happy enough in the region of £4m for him.

Up front I still think Fortune will come good, as Broxi_Bear_Eire said earlier Keane will not be our Messiah and that is obviously true after tonight but I do think he will improve the front line. As for Rasmussen it remains to be seen how he does but he got off to a good start.

If we take it that this season is more or less lost barring a massive shock then I think whoever is in charge next season should take the core decent members of the squad and build around them, in my opinion these would be Hinkel, Brown, Maloney, N'Guemo (if we sign him) and Fortune. I honestly can't see any more who I think are worth focusing on for the future.

Charco, I would agree with nearly everything you say, bar N'Guemo. He is just not a footballer Charco, he just sits there and plays sideways passes and very often gives the ball away as he did tonight. He cannot pass the ball forward or play any sort of a killer pass. Celtic football club need that in their midfield. Theres no point in having top strikers if there is no midfield to feed them. Ki, the Korean Dave, is a commercial signing, said that early doors. He may turn out ok, but he was signed for commercial reasons, I have no doubt about it. As for McGeady, he is not an 8m pound player. I was surprised Brum bid 8m for him. Paddy McCourt does more in 20 minute cameos than Aidan does in 90mins.... This is a fact. And Celtic fans were touting McGeady for player of the year???! There are at least 3 or 4 Rangers players ahead of him for player of the year IMHO

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

All spot on Charco.

Sounds like Mowbray is out of his depth. I don't know how many more chances he can be given. Things have to improve, league aside.

He has to keep it simple. 4-4-2, no fancy stuff, no accomodating players. These guys need a serious talking to and the likes of Loovens, and even McGeady on his recent form need a spell on the bench.

Brown on for Naylor - baffling sub.

I personally think playing Keane tonight was a bad idea. Hindsight I know, but if you have a player like Rasmussen who bagged a goal last game, I'd have started with him and MAF personally. Keane debut could have waited til the weekend.

Agree about Boruc also. Zaluska in for a spell, had done fine when Boruc was injured. Boruc has never been the same since his "troubles".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Boruc did nothing wrong tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

How did Keane perform ?

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »

I agree, Boruc has looked solid this season, bit ropey for Hibs goal last week, but this rubbish is nothing to do with Boruc. There are half a dozen players more to blame.

He had very little to do, however his distribution of the ball was poor tonight, there were a few times when he gave the ball right back to Kilmarnock. This seems to be typical of him every game, he doesn't make any howlers but he always seems to be the second best keeper on the pitch because how many times this season have we seen Celtic getting 10-15 shots on goal to the oppositions 2 or 3 and yet we end up drawing the game 1-1 (or losing as in tonight). Once or twice can be put down to bad luck but it happens so regularly that you eventually have to start looking at Boruc and asking if he really is living on reputation more than current ability.

redout wrote: »
    How did Keane perform ?

Created a great chance for himself and should of scored at 0 0 but keeper made a good save. Then had a good chance in 2nd half with a snap shot. Other than that he was pretty ineffective it has to be said. Killie defence and midfield coped with him fairly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

It was a pure and simple lack of midfield imagination tonight and to bring brown on at left back was pure crazy!

I know his hand was forced a bit with losing 2 defenders but he could have brought brown on in midfield and pushed kamara up to put 3 up top and then we could have really gone after the game. There was no cut and thrust to the attack at all because of the lack of decent ball coming into them.

Something major is going to have to change in midfield and it better happen soon or there will be no chance of even given us a slight chance of catching rangers.

I just realised Hibs will go 2nd if they win their game in hand on us, I had forgotten about them :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I said last night, so much transfer activity during the january window is a little bit crazy.
    It could have been argued that Celtic were already building for next season, untill Keane was brought in, but that stifles that argument.

Celtic looked like a team who hadnt gelled yet tonight, there were some good signs there from a Celtic point of view, but a lot of misplaced passes to boot.

What can you expect for a team which has been together less than a week?

If they dont get it sorted soon though, it could be a long few months for you guys.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I'm not blaming Boruc for the current predicament, far from it, but I think it would be no harm to bring Zaluska in for a spell. Boruc is not performing nearly as well as he can.

Mowbray has to take the responsibility for the current situation. Need wins, and fast. There's too much experimenting, he needs a few constants before these guys will gel. I think there's now a decent amount of talent now with the new signings - it's getting it to work together which he doesn't have much time to do. On paper these guys should be tearing the SPL apart. Look what the cardigan is doing with a poorer squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Eirebear wrote: »
    I said last night, so much transfer activity during the january window is a little bit crazy.

Thats a very valid point - its madness to make sweeping changes to your squad mid-season especially when you are trailing by as many points as we are. Summer is the time to be doing this with a few friendly tours put in for the gelling to happen. I've never been a believer of the Jan transfer window.

PauloMN wrote: »
    I'm not blaming Boruc for the current predicament, far from it, but I think it would be no harm to bring Zaluska in for a spell. Boruc is not performing nearly as well as he can.

Mowbray has to take the responsibility for the current situation. Need wins, and fast. There's too much experimenting, he needs a few constants before these guys will gel. I think there's now a decent amount of talent now with the new signings - it's getting it to work together which he doesn't have much time to do. On paper these guys should be tearing the SPL apart. Look what the cardigan is doing with a poorer squad.

I think you have pretty muched summed it up in a few words Paul

Walter Smith v Tony Mowbray

Who would most football fans want in charge of their team?
    I think Mowbray is a babbling wreck at the moment. His interviews are becoming more repetitive by the day. Yes Tony, we all know the table at end of season is the most important thing but winning football matches now will have a bearing on this table. Bringing Brown on as a left back, despite sleeping on it, I still can't fathom this one for the life of me. What are Venus and Grant doing on the touchline? Did they agree with the crazy decision also??

Thats a very valid point - its madness to make sweeping changes to your squad mid-season especially when you are trailing by as many points as we are. Summer is the time to be doing this with a few friendly tours put in for the gelling to happen. I've never been a believer of the Jan transfer window.

I have been saying this on here for past three weeks, you can't make such sweeping changes in January. Caldwell gets sold to be replaced by a lad thats not fit, who was forced to play and now has picked up an injury? Celtic needed a midfielder after selling Robson, they have a glut of strickers now and they all can't play. Robson would have provided the drive for the team last night, hes no world beater, but by damn hes good enough for Celtic at the present moment and how they miss him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I have been saying this on here for past three weeks, you can't make such sweeping changes in January. Caldwell gets sold to be replaced by a lad thats not fit, who was forced to play and now has picked up an injury? Celtic needed a midfielder after selling Robson, they have a glut of strickers now and they all can't play. Robson would have provided the drive for the team last night, hes no world beater, but by damn hes good enough for Celtic at the present moment and how they miss him.

Oh aye, Caldwell socred again last night. You must be delighted this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

redout wrote: »
    How did Keane perform ?
    rte.ie wrote:
    On-loan Tottenham striker Keane missed two golden opportunities to score in either half and he was upstaged shortly after the break by Chris Maguire, who celebrated his own debut with a fine winner for Killie.

Probably not the best idea to play last night but that sounds like typical Keane to me.

Have given up on this season, Mowbry has to be gotten rid of as soon as possible, for this Celtic team to be 10 points behind the current Rangers squad is a disgrace and he ultimately has to take the blame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

draffodx wrote: »
    Probably not the best idea to play last night but that sounds like typical Keane to me.

Dont lose faith so quickly draffodx, remember Henrik scored an og on he's debut and that kind of turned out okish!

As for the calls on here to drop Boruc well tbh thats almost as much of a horse before the cart as BTM bringing on Brown for Naylor last night tbh, how anyone can aportion any of the blame on Boruc is beyond me.

And the claims that we would do well to get £4m for McGeadey has to be one of the biggest Knee jerk reactions to a couple of sub -par performances where need i remind you he has been double marked and has had nearly a different full back behind him and a different CM inside him every game , Aiden and Arthur are certainly not the problems at Celtic FC and there are far more pressing and obvious problems tbh.

Oh yeah and I cant let the ocassion go without congratulating Gary ' I love to score og's ' Calwell on his true arrival at Wigan, nice one Gar I give it 6 months before they realise what a fraud you are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Very true Ziggy, the auld memory plays tricks on me at my age, plus this hangover i have after last nights match tends to cloud the memory!! I do remember after he's debut thinking 'what are we after signing here, he wont last a month' needless to say I changed my mind over the course of he's Celtic career!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Very true Ziggy, the auld memory plays tricks on me at my age, plus this hangover i have after last nights match tends to cloud the memory!! I do remember after he's debut thinking 'what are we after signing here, he wont last a month' needless to say I changed my mind over the course of he's Celtic career!

But is Mr Keane not only there till the end of the season and if he is do you think thats enough time to turn it all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭itsallgood

Its great for Celtic to land Robbie Keane??????
    Come on guys, realistically he is very over-rated.
    Should be a success in SPL but if he went to any other club in EPL do you think he would be up parading around stadium till all hours and then play less then 24hrs after signing.....
    Shouldnt have started him last night.

Dont lose faith so quickly draffodx, remember Henrik scored an og on he's debut and that kind of turned out okish!

As for the calls on here to drop Boruc well tbh thats almost as much of a horse before the cart as BTM bringing on Brown for Naylor last night tbh, how anyone can aportion any of the blame on Boruc is beyond me.

And the claims that we would do well to get £4m for McGeadey has to be one of the biggest Knee jerk reactions to a couple of sub -par performances where need i remind you he has been double marked and has had nearly a different full back behind him and a different CM inside him every game , Aiden and Arthur are certainly not the problems at Celtic FC and there are far more pressing and obvious problems tbh.

Oh yeah and I cant let the ocassion go without congratulating Gary ' I love to score og's ' Calwell on his true arrival at Wigan, nice one Gar I give it 6 months before they realise what a fraud you are!!

Aidan McGeady....... No end product... Cannot cross a ball... Cannot shoot with any degree of success. Till the guy develops a knack of providing an end product, he will not become the 10m player you believe he is. I believe he is poorly coached at Celtic. To most observers, this sticks out like a sore thumb, what do they do with McGeady every day in training??

Oh aye, Caldwell socred again last night. You must be delighted this morning.

Did you see goal? Much like all the recent OGs to happen Caldwell, it wasn't his fault. Shambolic defending by Titus Bramble and Gary couldnt do anything about it.

Was there not a centre half in Europe that was match fit and could have slotted straight in at centre back for Celtic?? I believe there must have been, yet they sign a player that should only be signed in summer. Hes crocked now as a result of rushing him into team when he was not fit. As all players know, this is when your most likely to develop a muscle injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭itsallgood

Aidan McGeady....... No end product... Cannot cross a ball... Cannot shoot with any degree of success. Till the guy develops a knack of providing an end product, he will not become the 10m player you believe he is. I believe he is poorly coached at Celtic. To most observers, this sticks out like a sore thumb, what do they do with McGeady every day in training??

Couldnt agree more, and the way he is makes him over confident.
    Especially when running with the ball, he always has to beat players twice, just go past them and keep going for [EMAIL="F@$k"]F@$k[/EMAIL] sake

Aiden is only 23 and alreday has over 30 international caps has been voted Celtic FC Young Player of the Year (2005, 2006, 2007) Celtic FC Player of the Year (2008) SPFA Players' Player of the Year (2008) and SPFA Young Player of the Year (2008).

I do agree that his final ball can be very frustrating at times but I think it has improved, well it had untill recently, to me he looks frustrated with the current carry on at Parkhead and tbh who can blame him we're all feeling it.

Just remember its was only a few months ago that Arsene Wenger singled him out as a 'very special talent' and stated he was the standout player in the CL qualifier.

BTW where did I say he was worth £10m?? But now that you bring it up if Adam Jonhson is worth £9m and Chris Smalling is some how worth £11m then fcuk McGeady at £4m would be the signing of the decade. I seem to remember a winger in the EPL who they all said was fantastic but he's delivery and final ball just wasnt up to scratch, then he had a breakthrough season where it all fell into place and he was sold for what £80m??

Like I said originally Boruc and McGeadey are probally are two most prized assets and people calling for their heads is ludicrous when there are so many other problems.

But is Mr Keane not only there till the end of the season and if he is do you think thats enough time to turn it all round

Yes he is initially only there for the remainder of this season and who knows after that, cant see him going bach to 'arry anyway, just seen in the Racing Post Keane is 3/1 to be a Celtic player next season so its certainly not considered beyond the bounds.

And to your question of whether its enough time to save this season, well tbh I dont think Drogba could get us out of this mess the way they are playing so it will probably be a stretch for Robbie.

itsallgood wrote: »
    Its great for Celtic to land Robbie Keane??????
    Come on guys, realistically he is very over-rated.
    Should be a success in SPL but if he went to any other club in EPL do you think he would be up parading around stadium till all hours and then play less then 24hrs after signing.....
    Shouldnt have started him last night.

Agree he should not have started last night same goes for Kamara, but dont agree with your comment that he is over-rated at all, he is in the top-ten all time goal scorers in the EPL, is he's countries all time top-scorer, was signed by Inter-Milan and Liverpool for massive fees and the guy is still only 29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I thought he should have saved the shot mate.

• Advertisement

N'Guemo, what a waste of a Celtic Jersey? Do any Celtic fans seriously rate him? He gets a nosebleed if he goes beyond half way line!

Brewster - You don't rate N'Guemo??? I'd have him as our player of the season so far this year and easily our best player last night.

He is a defensive midfielder that breaks the game up, shovels the sh1t and gives the ball to those that can break down a defence. I think he's a class act, a fella with dig and an unreal engine. I'm praying we hold onto him as he's exactly the type of player we need.

An embarrsing defeat for Celtic, not going to catch Rangers now, delighted. C'mon the Gers!

At least you don't hide the fact you're a Rangers fan... unlike others.

One assist every second game on average and the same goals to game ratio as another winger Ryan Giggs would suggest that there is some end product.

He needs to improve but you, like many others, are completely exaggerating his lack of talent.

Aiden is only 23 and alreday has over 30 international caps has been voted Celtic FC Young Player of the Year (2005, 2006, 2007) Celtic FC Player of the Year (2008) SPFA Players' Player of the Year (2008) and SPFA Young Player of the Year (2008).

I do agree that his final ball can be very frustrating at times but I think it has improved, well it had untill recently, to me he looks frustrated with the current carry on at Parkhead and tbh who can blame him we're all feeling it.

Just remember its was only a few months ago that Arsene Wenger singled him out as a 'very special talent' and stated he was the standout player in the CL qualifier.

BTW where did I say he was worth £10m?? But now that you bring it up if Adam Jonhson is worth £9m and Chris Smalling is some how worth £11m then fcuk McGeady at £4m would be the signing of the decade. I seem to remember a winger in the EPL who they all said was fantastic but he's delivery and final ball just wasnt up to scratch, then he had a breakthrough season where it all fell into place and he was sold for what £80m??

Like I said originally Boruc and McGeadey are probally are two most prized assets and people calling for their heads is ludicrous when there are so many other problems.

I agree with you 100% on Boruc, I don't think anyone is calling for his head. In relation to McGeady, no1 is calling for his head either! What Id like to see is that McGeady would be better coached at Celtic. He is a wonderful talent, no question about this, but he is nowhere near his potential. His end product may have improved, I would say its very marginal though. He is playing in a sub standard league yet his goals return shockingly bad. His assists ratio could be a lot lot better. He needs to improve on this, most observers can see this, there must be drills where he can practice shooting and crossing in training that overtime he would improve. I dont think his end product is much improved from what is was 3 seasons ago. It would be interesting to see if stats back this up.

Your spot on though, Boruc and McGeady are not the reasons for Celtic's demise.

The more I think about it, the more I feel Mr. Mowbray is to blame for a large part of it. Celtic panic bought in the January window. Games are won and lost in midfield and this is where Celtic are sorely lacking. Ki, Zheng, NGuemo are not good enough. It remains to be seen what Brown will bring to table.

At least you don't hide the fact you're a Rangers fan... unlike others.

Good man Bobby!! The master of all defection!!!

NGuemo are not good enough.

You're unbelievably wrong on NGuemo mate... try asking all those Celtic supporting friends you have, they'll agree.

• Advertisement

Good man Bobby!! The master of all defection!!!

Where am I defecting do?

Brewster - You don't rate N'Guemo??? I'd have him as our player of the season so far this year and easily our best player last night.

He is a defensive midfielder that breaks the game up, shovels the sh1t and gives the ball to those that can break down a defence. I think he's a class act, a fella with dig and an unreal engine. I'm praying we hold onto him as he's exactly the type of player we need.

These sort of players need drive. He doesnt have it, he gets nervous once in oppositions half. He cannot play in same team as Brown as they are too similar IMHO. He has zero ability on the ball. He got caught in possession many times last night against a poor Kilmarnock team.

Who do Celtic fans feel should be your captain? I think last night's farce with Brown taking armband off Loovens has brought this to a head. Since McManus and Caldwell left, Celtic lost their two most recent captains.

Would you give it to Keane at this stage simply because of lack of alternatives?? The lack of leaders in the Celtic team is the reason they are struggling, there is no Lennon or McStay to drive team on from middle of park.

If you go right through the Celtic squad, its devoid of leadership. All great teams need leaders...

One assist every second game on average and the same goals to game ratio as another winger Ryan Giggs would suggest that there is some end product.

He needs to improve but you, like many others, are completely exaggerating his lack of talent.

You are comparing an SPL winger to an EPL Winger and I'd like to see those numbers.

Also, do you have the amount of times that McGeady looses the ball, fails to cross etc.

His completion % is probably far far lower than Giggs even in the SPL.

You are comparing an SPL winger to an EPL Winger and I'd like to see those numbers.

Also, do you have the amount of times that McGeady looses the ball, fails to cross etc.

His completion % is probably far far lower than Giggs even in the SPL.

They're available on wiki mate - that's where I took the figures from.

Off the top of my head McGeady has about 75 assists in 160ish games with 30 goals.

Giggs has approx 150 goals in over 800 games (no figure for his assists).

• Advertisement

We'll compare like with like so, the msot successfull winger of recent times at Celtic was imo Alan Thompson.

Alan was an established pro when he arrived and played in a very successfull free flowing Celtic team, he's league record is 158 app and 37 goals, whereas Aiden was introduced to the Celtic first team at 17 and is still only 23, the team has been struggling for the last two years and he was out of favour with Strachan, yet he's record of 29 goals in 166 league app is not far off Thompsons record.

Plus every team targets the guy and the abuse he gets from the stands is sickening, do people really think all this would be happening if he was crap.

We'll compare like with like so, the msot successfull winger of recent times at Celtic was imo Alan Thompson.

Alan was an established pro when he arrived and played in a very successfull free flowing Celtic team, he's league record is 158 app and 37 goals, whereas Aiden was introduced to the Celtic first team at 17 and is still only 23, the team has been struggling for the last two years and he was out of favour with Strachan, yet he's record of 29 goals in 166 league app is not far off Thompsons record.

Plus every team targets the guy and the abuse he gets from the stands is sickening, do people really think all this would be happening if he was crap.

Alan Thompson was more direct & effective than McGeady.

McGeady wastes alot of possession trying to beat defenders instead of finding a pass. He doesnt have the intelligence to take advantage of the fact that when teams double up on him, that means another player is free or more space than normal.

His crossing is aimless and very hard for our players to get on the end of.He should be hammered in training either to learn how to shoot or not shoot at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Off the top of my head McGeady has about 75 assists in 160ish games with 30 goals.

Giggs has approx 150 goals in over 800 games (no figure for his assists).

in the Premier league alone Giggs has 100 goals in 539 games

He has 250 assists in those 539 games which is over 100 assists higher than anyone else in the Premier League years

From ESPN (link) apparently in the last 4 years McGeady has started 136 games and has been credited with 32 assists, I make that out at an average of 1 assist for every 6 hours of football he plays (this is just for games he started, in this time he also came on as a sub 35 times which should drop his average). Half of McGeady's assists over the last four seasons came in 2007/2008, when he had a great year.

His crossing is aimless and very hard for our players to get on the end of.

Players like who?? There's never anyone in the centre tbh, Samaras is usually found somewhere on the edge of the penalty area falling over himself, Fortune is very poor in the air for he's size and Scotty wasnt exactly an aerial threat, when Maloney comes back I would like to see Aiden given a free role through the middle tbh, think himself and Keane who likes to drop off the front would combine very well

Charco wrote: »
    From ESPN (link) apparently in the last 4 years McGeady has started 136 games and has been credited with 32 assists, I make that out at an average of 1 assist for every 6 hours of football he plays (this is just for games he started, in this time he also came on as a sub 35 times which should drop his average). Half of McGeady's assists over the last four seasons came in 2007/2008, when he had a great year.

Thats not good enough for someone with his talent. The coaching he is getting at Celtic is simply not good enough.

Players like who?? There's never anyone in the centre tbh, Samaras is usually found somewhere on the edge of the penalty area falling over himself, Fortune is very poor in the air for he's size and Scotty wasnt exactly an aerial threat, when Maloney comes back I would like to see Aiden given a free role through the middle tbh, think himself and Keane who likes to drop off the front would combine very well

Then why is he crossing a ball into a box with no players in it??

Fortune isnt a very poor header of a ball. He had a goal line clearance from a header and scored against Hibs with a header. Both crosses were actually decent was the difference.

Dunno how you can even begin to defend his recent performances.
    Thats not good enough for someone with his talent. The coaching he is getting at Celtic is simply not good enough.

Based on the fact that McGeady is a birdbrain? I dont think so. No player has ever complained about the level of training at Celtic so its not an issue.

Fortune isnt a very poor header of a ball. He had a goal line clearance from a header and scored against Hibs with a header. Both crosses were actually decent was the difference.

He doesnt cross alot of the time i thought that was the hole point??

We will have to agree to disagree re Fortune, for my money he has a poor sense of positioning and when he does get in there reminds me a little of a bull in a china shop and gives away alot of frees.

I am in noway trying to defend Aidens 'recent' performances what annoys me is the generalisations made here and the complete over reaction to a couple of sub-par performances when there are others around him who are so much worse it beggars belief tbh.

Based on the fact that McGeady is a birdbrain? I dont think so. No player has ever complained about the level of training at Celtic so its not an issue.

What do you put it down to Dempsey? We agree on the issue that he has not developed the way he should have. McGeady has all tricks, pace, balance to be a genuine world class player but his end product lets him down time and time again. Premierstone this is not a form issue in recent times, it has ALWAYS been an issue with McGeady in my opinion. He doesn't score enough or get enough assists. How can this be addressed is what Id like to ask? If you dont think its the coaching what it is?? Is the guy ever going to reach his potential? Surely the coaches must this and work hard at it?? Do you think its McGeady's attitude, that there may be an element of " Im already the complete player?"

He doesnt cross alot of the time i thought that was the hole point??

We will have to agree to disagree re Fortune, for my money he has a poor sense of positioning and when he does get in there reminds me a little of a bull in a china shop and gives away alot of frees.

I am in noway trying to defend Aidens 'recent' performances what annoys me is the generalisations made here and the complete over reaction to a couple of sub-par performances when there are others around him who are so much worse it beggars belief tbh.

He cant put in a decent cross, he cant shoot, he draws two players and tries to take on both instead of going for a pass. He dwells on the ball far too long and this allows the opposition to get into good defensive positions.

Completely ineffective last night, Saturday and last Wednesday.

I'm not overreacting or generalizing, I've watched him for long enough to see these flaws and so has every professional footballer that he plays against. They are easily able to handle him.

He actually needs to learn from McCourt how to use the ball, to be more direct. Its a pity that McCourt's body cannot stand up to the intensity of professional football, he's far more intelligence and skill when dribbling.

EDIT

Bewster, him dwelling on the ball is the root cause, he isnt able to make a good decision quick enough and he doesnt have the composure needed to execute something quickly

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement