Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [warning post #417, 418]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

That Fir Park pitch is an absolute disgrace. Surely they cant keep getting away with this year after year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Eirebear wrote: »
    That Fir Park pitch is an absolute disgrace. Surely they cant keep getting away with this year after year?

Just came on to post the same thing, no Gretna for them to blame now either

Just came on to post the same thing, no Gretna for them to blame now either

I'm pretty sure last year they blamed the "microclimate" around the Motherwell area. they only relayed it close season, its ridiculous.

Mind you, theyre all over us at the moment, so at least ill have an excuse if we lose! :D

EDIT: As i type that Tom Hately scores for them. 1-0 Well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm pretty sure last year they blamed the "microclimate" around the Motherwell area. they only relayed it close season, its ridiculous.

Mind you, theyre all over us at the moment, so at least ill have an excuse if we lose! :D

They are playing on the same surface :pac:

Ah okay, I guess that the microclimate must not extend over the M74 to Hamilton ;)

Well if you can't blame the pitch, blame the microclimate, Rangers should have gotten the train out a few days ago to climatise ;)

Dempsey wrote: »
    They are playing on the same surface :pac:

Aye, but theyre used to it because they play on it every week! ;)

2 goals in a minute for Celtic, Loovens and then Fortune.

Motherwell just had a goal ruled out for offside. Rangers are absolutely dire right now.

Motherwell just had a goal ruled out for offside. Rangers are absolutely dire right now.

Just saw the replay, not offside for the player who taps it in which is what the linesman gives, I would have to see it again for the player who plays it across

• Advertisement

2 goals in a minute for Celtic, Loovens and then Fortune.

aye but now mowbray does something strange and sends on Rogne for Loovens when its Braafheid carrying a knock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

aye but now mowbray does something strange and sends on Rogne for Loovens when its Braafheid carrying a knock

Its all part of Mowbray's wierd and wonderful greater plan. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

WHo's Rogne?

He must have slipped in the gates while i wasnt looking!

WHo's Rogne?

He must have slipped in the gates while i wasnt looking!

Thomas Rogne, he is a 19 yr old Norweigan and was signed on a free last month. He is "one for the future" apparently.

Charco wrote: »
    Its all part of Mowbray's wierd and wonderful greater plan. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Now its Ki for Braafheid...

Samaras on now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

1-1 Boyd

Keane misses a great chance. Lovely ball by Ki over the defence, Keane does the hard work in the box then shoots over.

1-1 Boyd

last minute penalty coming up :pac:

Braafheid...

Immature moment in

Bra-Head-1.JPG:D

Full time in Fir Bog 1-1

More than we deserved in all honesty, Motherwell were by far the better team for 75 minutes of that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Full time in Fir Bog 1-1

More than we deserved in all honesty, Motherwell were by far the better team for 75 minutes of that game.

What a disgrace of a pitch!!! I thought they had got it sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Very happy with the results tonight.. 8 points and the chase is on

What an embarrassment that Motherwell pitch is

Badabing wrote: »
    What a disgrace of a pitch!!! I thought they had got it sorted

They supposedly relayed it in the summer!

it must have been Delboy and Rodney who frickin done it.

I wonder if big Mark will be giving his son a kick up the arse tonight? :D

Anyway...to next weekend, another HUGE one.

Rangers V Hibs
    Aberdeen V Celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

im disappointed that the pitch inspections that are supposedly carried out deemed that pitch of decent enough standard upon which to play a premier league match. No wonder the standard of fitba isnt improving.

Bad result for us, good result for Celtic... i can see this being the swings and round abouts weekly until season end. Should be interesting.

I wonder if big Mark will be giving his son a kick up the arse tonight? :D

Anyway...to next weekend, another HUGE one.

Rangers V Hibs
    Aberdeen V Celtic

theres grass in Aberdeen...yes? :)

odonnell wrote: »
    theres grass in Aberdeen...yes? :)

As long as they get to it before the sheep! :D

As long as they get to it before the sheep! :D

and the sheep manage to move around without arousing....uh.... anything.

and the sheep manage to move around without arousing....uh.... anything.

Suspicion? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I think you guys need a Gers thread or an Aberdeen one ;)

• Advertisement

I think you guys need a Gers thread or an Aberdeen one ;)

Nah, just excited to have my buddy back on board! :D

Nah, just excited to have my buddy back on board! :D

until i get myself banned. jaysus that was a fine line today no? ooft! :D

Ach, things get a bit heated from time to time, c'est la vie. Its certainly no worse than threads relating to certain english teams to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Good comeback from Hibs tonight being 2 down at half time only chances the sheep really had.Hibs pushed on second half and had enough chances to win it massive game at Ibrox Sunday.

christ Ive been in Mexico too long.... i was wondering why everyone was tlaking about hibs then i remembered where they are in the league. Such a refreshing season when theres three teams to watch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

christ Ive been in Mexico too long.... i was wondering why everyone was tlaking about hibs then i remembered where they are in the league. Such a refreshing season when theres three teams to watch.

Hopefully they'll still be in the running next weekend. Just for interest's sake like. ;)

of course Paolo mate, of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

1967 wrote: »
    Good comeback from Hibs tonight being 2 down at half time only chances the sheep really had.Hibs pushed on second half and had enough chances to win it massive game at Ibrox Sunday.

Not a bad draw for the Cup either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

well its a good thing im not altogether bothered by being taken seriously by fools and bigots without a clue then eh?

So you're saying I'm a fool and a bigot without a clue then eh?

• Advertisement

Charco wrote: »
    To be honest I think I can understand why Scottish people would dislike Celtic, I mean if there was a successful team in the LOI with a background based among Polish immigrants and whose fans flew almost exclusively Polish flags during massive European games despite representing Ireland I would bet not too many Irish fans of other LOI teams would be best pleased with them.

That's called racism.

not what im saying at all mate.... what im trying to get at, and its a truth many will atest to, is that most of the people you will live amongst who support celtic will go right ahead and wave the flag of a country not their own. Thats all very well, but I dont see the sense in it.

So you don't believe that the north of Ireland flag should be flown by Rangers fans?

...and where do you stand on the Union Jack seeing as you're Scottish?

That's called racism.

I don't think so. Perhaps a hurt sense of patriotism might be a better explanation.

C'mon lads, back to the football eh surely thats the one thing that brings us all to this thread?

Anyway, thats Boyd 1-0 Keane after last night. Game on! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

For all you culture vultures - theres a play on the Olympia, Dublin next Friday and Saturday (19th, 20th) - "Singin' I'm No a billy, he's a tim".

http://www.culturenorthernireland.org/article.aspx?art_id=2815

Looks allright, going to be out of town unfortunately. :(

For all you culture vultures - theres a play on the Olympia, Dublin next Friday and Saturday (19th, 20th) - "Singin' I'm No a billy, he's a tim".

http://www.culturenorthernireland.org/article.aspx?art_id=2815

Looks allright, going to be out of town unfortunately. :(

Thats meant to be pretty excellent actually.

Might lose a little for people who dont understand Glasgow all that well though...

• Advertisement

Taken from another message board - not my post but should be useful for a little discussion given Motherwell's chalked off goal last night...

Decisons that have went against Celtic have cost Celtic 9 points this season.

Rangers have gained 6 points from dodgy decisions and have stayed in Scottish Cup due to a dodgy decison. A potential 15 point swing based on poor referreing decisions.

3 opposing SPL managers make admission to the poor decisions against Celtic and a ref admits to error.

8 stonewall penalties denied for celtic and 4 valid goals chopped off.

Anyone wanting evidence for poor decisions or bias refereeing use these as examples and the quotes from media.

10 Feb 2010 Motherwell 1 Rangers 1 Motherwell denied a goal which was 2 yards onside that would have put them 2-0 up.
    Ref - Calum Murray (linesman flagged incorrectly for offside though.)
    Craig Brown was livid after seeing TV evience showing goal was well onside, TV pundits Hendry and Butcher both agree goal should have stood. Ray Stubbs on ESPN said that point could make all the difference at end of season.
    The Telegraph - However, there was a controversial moment with 54 minutes gone when Motherwell were denied a second goal of the night. Hateley's free-kick was met by Craigan, whose effort looked netbound and was helped over the line by Forbes only for the latter to be flagged for offside - despite television pictures appearing to show he was onside.

1 point gained for Rangers

16 Jan 2010 - Celtic v Falkirk 3 major decisions go against Celtic
    1. Hand ball by falkirk defender - no penalty
    2. Fortune pulled down in box - no penalty
    3. Arthur handles ball 17 yards from goal 1 yard inside his box and a free kick is given to Fakirk 20 yards from goal. This could have gave Falkirk the winning goal.
    Referee - Alan Muir
    Mail on Sunday "Falkirk manager Eddie May said: 'Overall, I thought it was a fair result. But I think they should have had a penalty.
    Daily Mail - “Alan Muir denied the Parkhead club a late penalty claim - when Brian McLean tangled with Marco Fortune - in the 1-1 draw with Falkirk on Saturday. Hinkel was also unhappy about Celtic keeper Artur Boruc being penalised for apparently stepping out of his area late on. 'It's not really my thing to say something about referees but, once again, we had some very strange decisions,' said Hinkel. 'Not even just the penalty - look at the situation when Artur had a free-kick given against him.
    2 points dropped. Opposing manager admits Celtic should have had penalty.

10 Jan 2010 - Hamilton v Rangers - 3-2 down and a very very doubtful penalty given to Rangers Hamilton player lying on ground while trying to move his hand away hand ball penalty given.
    Referee – Charlie Richmond
    Scotsman - "they needed a touch of good fortune to equalise when referee Charlie Richmond rather harshly penalised Hamilton debutant Stuart Elliott for handball, awarding the spot-kick from which Kenny Miller converted."
    A gift given to Rangers by ref to keep them in the Cup. Its ok saying Richmond denied Miller a penalty in the replay but if it was not for the ludicrous decison in first game there would have been no replay.

3 Jan 2010 - Celtic v Rangers 2 shocking decisons costs Celtic the 3 points (regardless of the poor finishing)
    Fortune scores a goal - chopped off incorrectly.
    Lafferty assaults Hinkel - a red card offence but only yellow given.
    Referee - Steve Conroy
    Scotsman - "following the controversial decision by Conroy to disallow what looked like a perfectly good Fortune goal after 19 minutes. Moments later, Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty was perhaps fortunate only to be booked for a late challenge on Celtic right-back Andreas Hinkel."
    2 points dropped 1 gained for Rangers. 2 derbys in a row that multiple decisons go against Celtic.

12 Dec 2009 Motherwell v Celtic. celtic denied 2 stonewall penalties.
    Samaras chopped in box in 1st half - No penalty.
    Hand ball by Motherwell defender - No penalty
    Referee - Charlie Richmond
    celtic get awarded a penalty but only after aving 3 claims for a penalty , two of which were stonewallers.
    Guardian - "Even if Celtic did have a legitimate claim for a penalty when Samaras was tripped by Reynolds. Another two poor decisions from referee Charlie Richmond denied them penalties after McGeady had equalised,When Celtic were finally awarded a penalty for Saunders's foul on Samaras, Robson gave the goalkeeper an easy save with a weak shot close to his left side."

Nov 8 2009 Falkirk v Celtic At 3-3 in last minute Celtic had goal disallowed when TV should it was onside.
    Flag goes up for offside when Samaras clearly onside right through on goal.
    Referee - Brian Winter
    Daily Record ' "Celtic fans yelped in frustration - and their mood would not have improved when television replays showed assistant Lawrence Kerrigan was wrong to flag for offside when Samaras was played in behind the Bairns defence in injury time.

His shot may have been blocked by Olejnik but it dropped to McDonald who poked the ball into the net only to see the flag fluttering along his line of vision. To be fair, Celtic players kept their protests to a minimum.
    2 points dropped

Oct 4 2009 Rangers v Celtic. Celtic denied 2 stonewall penalties. Maloney booked for diving.Referee later apologises for getting one penalty decision rong. Lafferty assaults Zhing Zhi and Weir recklessly follows through on McDonald. Neither booked.
    Referee - Craig Thomson
    STV website and various media - "Old Firm referee Craig Thomson has admitted he’s “disappointed” at getting his decision wrong when he decided not to award Celtic a penalty in the 12th minute. Hugh Dallas said "Craig and I have had our post match de-brief. Whilst I would compliment Craig for his overall handling of yesterday's encounter, he is disappointed at his error of judgement when he decided against awarding a penalty to the visiting team in the 12th minute.”
    BBC Website - "Celtic were denied what looked a certain penalty when David Weir cut across the advancing Maloney just a few yards from goal, but referee Thomson took no action. When Maloney went sprawling in the box a second time, he was booked for diving.
    Motherwell manager Jim Gannon later said "Right now there is a question mark over the standard of our refereeing, and it affects the SPL table. After the last Old Firm game Hugh Dallas had to defend the referee [Craig Thomson]. But the result of that match might have been different had the ref got the big decisions correct.“At the end of the season Celtic could look back and say, ‘That result cost us the title.’ The fact is, if no one speaks up, then nothing will change.”]
    Assuming the worst Celtic would have ganed a draw with 2 or 3 penalties being awarded.
    1 point dropped. 2 gained by Rangers.

26 Sep 2009 Rangers v Aberdeen McCulloch elbows Aberdeen player deliberately. No card and No TV evidence case by SPL.
    Referee - Iain Brines
    Daily Record " Rangers midfielder Lee McCulloch, however, was fortunate not to pick up a red card from Brines for an elbow on McGuire.
    Rangers would have been playing 45 mins with 10 men if Brines had done his job. lNext match for Rangers was Old Firm game. McCulloch escapes ban which could have been a 3 match ban for violent conduct.

Sep 21 2009 Celtic v Hearts McGinn chopped in box. Stonewall penalty denied with 5 mins to go.
    Referee - Dougie McDonald
    Daily Record "The Northern Irish international was brought down inside the box by Lee Wallace with five minutes to go of Sunday's SPL clash at Parkhead, only for referee Dougie McDonald to award a corner to the bemusement of everyone inside the stadium.
    Belfast Telegraph "Five minutes from the end of normal time, the Irishman was denied what looked a clear-cut penalty by referee Dougie McDonald when he appeared to be chopped down by Jambos' left-back Lee Wallace as he burst into the Hearts penalty area. "
    Celtic scored in 93rd minute and got the 3 points.

Sep 13 2009 Celtic v Dundee Utd. Celtic had a Samaras goal incorrectly chopped off for offside. Also denied stonewall penalty when Dods handled ball in last minute. Dods admitted to hand ball. Levein said suprised he never caught it.
    Referee - Steve Conroy.
    Scotland on Sunday - "Levein left the field quietly at the end and there was probably a reason for that. His side appeared to come out the right side of two highly contentious calls in the second half; a Georgios Samaras "goal" chalked off and a Celtic penalty claim waved away by referee Steve Conroy. The "goal" was put away by Samaras just before the hour mark and only a couple of minutes after he came on for Landry N'Guemo. Tony Mowbray, in his understated way, challenged us to look at the incident on video, the comment of a man who is convinced that Samaras' effort should have stood. Much later, a couple of minutes into injury time in fact, an Andreas Hinkel cross hit Darren Dods on the arm and many a spot-kick has been given in such circumstances. Asked about it later, Levein offered a cheeky response: "I've spoken to Darren about it and he said he was really disappointed he never held it." Dods said: "The ball hit my head and then hit my thumb." That's that, then. It should have been a penalty.
    2 points dropped.

Aug 24 2009 Hearts v Rangers - Rangers heading for a draw, awarded penalty in last minute for tackle which looked soft and looked outside box.
    Referee - Craig Thomson
    Daily Mail - "The Tynecastle side thought the penalty was harsh, arguing that the foul by Ismael Bouzid on Steven Naismith was committed outside the penalty box, while Rangers considered Thomson unlucky to be red-carded.

2 points gained for Rangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Taken from another message board - not my post but should be useful for a little discussion given Motherwell's chalked off goal last night...

Decisons that have went against Celtic have cost Celtic 9 points this season.

Rangers have gained 6 points from dodgy decisions and have stayed in Scottish Cup due to a dodgy decison. A potential 15 point swing based on poor referreing decisions.

3 opposing SPL managers make admission to the poor decisions against Celtic and a ref admits to error.

8 stonewall penalties denied for celtic and 4 valid goals chopped off.

Anyone wanting evidence for poor decisions or bias refereeing use these as examples and the quotes from media.

10 Feb 2010 Motherwell 1 Rangers 1 Motherwell denied a goal which was 2 yards onside that would have put them 2-0 up.
    Ref - Calum Murray (linesman flagged incorrectly for offside though.)
    Craig Brown was livid after seeing TV evience showing goal was well onside, TV pundits Hendry and Butcher both agree goal should have stood. Ray Stubbs on ESPN said that point could make all the difference at end of season.
    The Telegraph - However, there was a controversial moment with 54 minutes gone when Motherwell were denied a second goal of the night. Hateley's free-kick was met by Craigan, whose effort looked netbound and was helped over the line by Forbes only for the latter to be flagged for offside - despite television pictures appearing to show he was onside.

1 point gained for Rangers

16 Jan 2010 - Celtic v Falkirk 3 major decisions go against Celtic
    1. Hand ball by falkirk defender - no penalty
    2. Fortune pulled down in box - no penalty
    3. Arthur handles ball 17 yards from goal 1 yard inside his box and a free kick is given to Fakirk 20 yards from goal. This could have gave Falkirk the winning goal.
    Referee - Alan Muir
    Mail on Sunday "Falkirk manager Eddie May said: 'Overall, I thought it was a fair result. But I think they should have had a penalty.
    Daily Mail - “Alan Muir denied the Parkhead club a late penalty claim - when Brian McLean tangled with Marco Fortune - in the 1-1 draw with Falkirk on Saturday. Hinkel was also unhappy about Celtic keeper Artur Boruc being penalised for apparently stepping out of his area late on. 'It's not really my thing to say something about referees but, once again, we had some very strange decisions,' said Hinkel. 'Not even just the penalty - look at the situation when Artur had a free-kick given against him.
    2 points dropped. Opposing manager admits Celtic should have had penalty.

10 Jan 2010 - Hamilton v Rangers - 3-2 down and a very very doubtful penalty given to Rangers Hamilton player lying on ground while trying to move his hand away hand ball penalty given.
    Referee – Charlie Richmond
    Scotsman - "they needed a touch of good fortune to equalise when referee Charlie Richmond rather harshly penalised Hamilton debutant Stuart Elliott for handball, awarding the spot-kick from which Kenny Miller converted."
    A gift given to Rangers by ref to keep them in the Cup. Its ok saying Richmond denied Miller a penalty in the replay but if it was not for the ludicrous decison in first game there would have been no replay.

3 Jan 2010 - Celtic v Rangers 2 shocking decisons costs Celtic the 3 points (regardless of the poor finishing)
    Fortune scores a goal - chopped off incorrectly.
    Lafferty assaults Hinkel - a red card offence but only yellow given.
    Referee - Steve Conroy
    Scotsman - "following the controversial decision by Conroy to disallow what looked like a perfectly good Fortune goal after 19 minutes. Moments later, Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty was perhaps fortunate only to be booked for a late challenge on Celtic right-back Andreas Hinkel."
    2 points dropped 1 gained for Rangers. 2 derbys in a row that multiple decisons go against Celtic.

12 Dec 2009 Motherwell v Celtic. celtic denied 2 stonewall penalties.
    Samaras chopped in box in 1st half - No penalty.
    Hand ball by Motherwell defender - No penalty
    Referee - Charlie Richmond
    celtic get awarded a penalty but only after aving 3 claims for a penalty , two of which were stonewallers.
    Guardian - "Even if Celtic did have a legitimate claim for a penalty when Samaras was tripped by Reynolds. Another two poor decisions from referee Charlie Richmond denied them penalties after McGeady had equalised,When Celtic were finally awarded a penalty for Saunders's foul on Samaras, Robson gave the goalkeeper an easy save with a weak shot close to his left side."

Nov 8 2009 Falkirk v Celtic At 3-3 in last minute Celtic had goal disallowed when TV should it was onside.
    Flag goes up for offside when Samaras clearly onside right through on goal.
    Referee - Brian Winter
    Daily Record ' "Celtic fans yelped in frustration - and their mood would not have improved when television replays showed assistant Lawrence Kerrigan was wrong to flag for offside when Samaras was played in behind the Bairns defence in injury time.

His shot may have been blocked by Olejnik but it dropped to McDonald who poked the ball into the net only to see the flag fluttering along his line of vision. To be fair, Celtic players kept their protests to a minimum.
    2 points dropped

Oct 4 2009 Rangers v Celtic. Celtic denied 2 stonewall penalties. Maloney booked for diving.Referee later apologises for getting one penalty decision rong. Lafferty assaults Zhing Zhi and Weir recklessly follows through on McDonald. Neither booked.
    Referee - Craig Thomson
    STV website and various media - "Old Firm referee Craig Thomson has admitted he’s “disappointed” at getting his decision wrong when he decided not to award Celtic a penalty in the 12th minute. Hugh Dallas said "Craig and I have had our post match de-brief. Whilst I would compliment Craig for his overall handling of yesterday's encounter, he is disappointed at his error of judgement when he decided against awarding a penalty to the visiting team in the 12th minute.”
    BBC Website - "Celtic were denied what looked a certain penalty when David Weir cut across the advancing Maloney just a few yards from goal, but referee Thomson took no action. When Maloney went sprawling in the box a second time, he was booked for diving.
    Motherwell manager Jim Gannon later said "Right now there is a question mark over the standard of our refereeing, and it affects the SPL table. After the last Old Firm game Hugh Dallas had to defend the referee [Craig Thomson]. But the result of that match might have been different had the ref got the big decisions correct.“At the end of the season Celtic could look back and say, ‘That result cost us the title.’ The fact is, if no one speaks up, then nothing will change.”]
    Assuming the worst Celtic would have ganed a draw with 2 or 3 penalties being awarded.
    1 point dropped. 2 gained by Rangers.

26 Sep 2009 Rangers v Aberdeen McCulloch elbows Aberdeen player deliberately. No card and No TV evidence case by SPL.
    Referee - Iain Brines
    Daily Record " Rangers midfielder Lee McCulloch, however, was fortunate not to pick up a red card from Brines for an elbow on McGuire.
    Rangers would have been playing 45 mins with 10 men if Brines had done his job. lNext match for Rangers was Old Firm game. McCulloch escapes ban which could have been a 3 match ban for violent conduct.

Sep 21 2009 Celtic v Hearts McGinn chopped in box. Stonewall penalty denied with 5 mins to go.
    Referee - Dougie McDonald
    Daily Record "The Northern Irish international was brought down inside the box by Lee Wallace with five minutes to go of Sunday's SPL clash at Parkhead, only for referee Dougie McDonald to award a corner to the bemusement of everyone inside the stadium.
    Belfast Telegraph "Five minutes from the end of normal time, the Irishman was denied what looked a clear-cut penalty by referee Dougie McDonald when he appeared to be chopped down by Jambos' left-back Lee Wallace as he burst into the Hearts penalty area. "
    Celtic scored in 93rd minute and got the 3 points.

Sep 13 2009 Celtic v Dundee Utd. Celtic had a Samaras goal incorrectly chopped off for offside. Also denied stonewall penalty when Dods handled ball in last minute. Dods admitted to hand ball. Levein said suprised he never caught it.
    Referee - Steve Conroy.
    Scotland on Sunday - "Levein left the field quietly at the end and there was probably a reason for that. His side appeared to come out the right side of two highly contentious calls in the second half; a Georgios Samaras "goal" chalked off and a Celtic penalty claim waved away by referee Steve Conroy. The "goal" was put away by Samaras just before the hour mark and only a couple of minutes after he came on for Landry N'Guemo. Tony Mowbray, in his understated way, challenged us to look at the incident on video, the comment of a man who is convinced that Samaras' effort should have stood. Much later, a couple of minutes into injury time in fact, an Andreas Hinkel cross hit Darren Dods on the arm and many a spot-kick has been given in such circumstances. Asked about it later, Levein offered a cheeky response: "I've spoken to Darren about it and he said he was really disappointed he never held it." Dods said: "The ball hit my head and then hit my thumb." That's that, then. It should have been a penalty.
    2 points dropped.

Aug 24 2009 Hearts v Rangers - Rangers heading for a draw, awarded penalty in last minute for tackle which looked soft and looked outside box.
    Referee - Craig Thomson
    Daily Mail - "The Tynecastle side thought the penalty was harsh, arguing that the foul by Ismael Bouzid on Steven Naismith was committed outside the penalty box, while Rangers considered Thomson unlucky to be red-carded.

2 points gained for Rangers.

Oh Bobby I could sit and list the decisions that have went for Celtic and against Rangers it wouldn't do any good this paranoia is really getting beyond a joke now.

Ach I will admit it it's all the establishments fault ;)

Oh Bobby I could sit and list the decisions that have went for Celtic and against Rangers it wouldn't do any good this paranoia is really getting beyond a joke now.

Ach I will admit it it's all the establishments fault ;)

Did you not hear the latest though??? Apparently we're the establishment's team now!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Did you not hear the latest though??? Apparently we're the establishment's team now!!! ;)

Not according to any Celtic forums I go on to :p

So you don't believe that the north of Ireland flag should be flown by Rangers fans?

...and where do you stand on the Union Jack seeing as you're Scottish?

Im glad you asked ME that question mate. Eirebear and BBE will be grinning in glea :)

Ok, and I know the fine line exists here Iago so i walk it carefully. Im asked an opinion so im going to give a frank answer.

As a Scot bobby, I dont believe in the union. I hate that a contract exists for 300 years or more without one single review or generational vote. I wont go into too much nor get bogged down in Politics, everyone has their idea of how the union works and its ups and downs etc, so thats a given. For me, Im Scottish. Rangers are a Scottish team...not an English one, not a British one (britain is a land mass....the country we are from is Scotland, with a border, many died protecting it, and a culture of its own) and I abhore the flying of the Union Jack as an identifying mark of Rangers. It makes us seem more British and thuggish than Chelsea for christ sake.

The NI flag.... why should a guy from Glasgow wave a NI flag? Ill never get it. Im not a racist, im patriotic and I believe in the simple approach ie. dont go waving things you only wave to inflame an argument. support your kin and where youre from. In a straight fight, Id likely jump in for the celtic fans if they were being done over by some chelsea fans because theyre Scottish.

If youre FROM NI, go right ahead mate..fly the flag. If youre frm ROI, go right ahead..... but the point im making Bobby is that people have a tendancy to fly a symbol in order to make a statement, and the statement between rangers and celtic fans is nothing but trouble. Its like...doing someones ex girlfriend just to make them feel bad, even though you thought she was a munter.

NOW....back to them Celtic eh? .... :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement