Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [warning post #417, 418]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Our game against St Johnstone called off 45 minutes before kick off frozen pitch due to there undersoil heating not working (code for it was never switched on) really pathetic I hope they get hammered by the SPL. Even the St Johnstone fans on another forum are disgusted with there club :mad:

What is the cost of running an under soil system?

During the Aberdeen/Celtic match, the commentators said that the pitch had worn badly because the undersoil heating system was on for the past 3 months :eek:

I'd say St. Johnstone were cutting corners and willing to take the suspended fine that the SPL will hand out for this "**** up".

45 minutes before KO, thats just abusing the fans

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

great finish by keano when he was straight through. looking solid, just need to add a second now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

FFS we need to get a 2nd one and what does Mowbray do... keeps our poacher on the bench and brings on the lightweight Samaras

What does Rassmusen need to do to get a piece of the action?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

It was a win but yet again I'm left feeling frustrated. The passing was atrocious today, inexcusable really. I was a bit surprised how poor Dundee Utd looked though, I was expecting more of a showing from them. That said they could easily have nicked a point near the end. I thought Kamara played very well, good to see someone on the wing who can find a striker, Ki was rubbish though, how did he last the whole game without being replaced?

After watching that, Rangers will have nothing to fear come next week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

70 mins watching Celtic just 1 goal up. 70 mins of squeaky bum time. That must have been awful, glad I didn't see it.

12 attempts on target, sounds like the Utd keeper had a good day at the office though.

ADIG - I agree about Rasmussen, should be ahead of Samaras at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

PauloMN wrote: »
    70 mins watching Celtic just 1 goal up. 70 mins of squeaky bum time. That must have been awful, glad I didn't see it.

It spoke wonders for Celtic's belief in themselves when they were keeping the ball at the corner flag in injury time just playing down the clock, this was a poor Dundee Utd side who only rarely threatened Celtic's goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Didnt get to see the full game, but I caught the highlights last night, I know its hard to see the full picture from the highlights but Scott Brown seemed to play very well, anyone confirm??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Anybody else watching Aberdeen vs Hearts? Chances are at least one of these teams will be in the top half after the split. Hearts are down to ten men following a stupid challenge from Kingston and they also have two defenders go off injured.

cant wait for tomorrow now! 2-1 to the celtic, both by robbie with a last minute winner provoking a riot is my prediction :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Hibs down to fourth after picking up a point today on the back of three defeats,still think we will get third although home games are going to be a bit weird atmosphere wise with the east stand being knocked from Monday although personally glad to see a new stand in its place as it was a ****hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

cant wait for tomorrow now! 2-1 to the celtic, both by robbie with a last minute winner provoking a riot is my prediction :)

No riot please, some Rangers fans park close to my flat and walk to Ibrox. Besides I might fancy going out for a pint tomorrow night, the calmer the better

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Is Keane a definite?

Is Keane a definite?

i heard yesterday he passed a fitness test but now they're saying he is undergoing another one before the match....

either way i reckon he will play even if it means he misses the next couple matches which are against falkirk and kilmarnock who, to be fair, should not cause much trouble one would hope if we are in good form coming off a win today

if we don't win today might as well play the u-19s for the rest of the season

Into them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

I would like to see Robbie start today, even for say 60 mins. McGeady back too from suspension.

Looking very forward to this, finally have a day off - so its out for an Irish breakfast with the paper followed by a few in Murrays. whohooo.:D

I just started a match thread folks.

Looking forward to this, hope it's a cracker.

Ive balls of steel Premierstone!! If some of the Celtic players were as tough as me, they would not find themselves trailing by 10 points having played a game more.

:D From the match thread which was closed from some reason, but couldn't let that go. Must tell Mowbray (if he's still around) to sign Brewster in the summer. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

:D From the match thread which was closed from some reason, but couldn't let that go. Must tell Mowbray (if he's still around) to sign Brewster in the summer. ;)

No problem.. May be getting a bit old now, but Im sure I could do a job somewhere!!

Lads the match thread had defended into a farce quite frankly. Was time to close it.

Thank God I didnt read that thread! Sounds like waaay too much fun for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Bougherra should have been off... as should Miller by the way.

http://vimeo.com/9865326

Miller was close alright, a red prob. would have been harsh but I've seen them given for less.

As for the Ranger's penalty claim, no more a claim than Kamara's, hence I haven't been debating it.

I'll say no more other than this - Celtic have been rubbish this season, no arguments there. Rangers probably would have won the league anyway, no arguements there. However what little chance to salvage things on Sunday went down the pan when the ref did what he did (and didn't). We should have ended with 11 men, Rangers should have ended with 10 men. I don't think anyone can realistically deny any of that.

That's all I'll say on Sunday's game (I promise). ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I can understand you saying about Bougherra Bobby But Miller ?? I will be honest and say I haven't watched that Video

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thank God I didnt read that thread! Sounds like waaay too much fun for me :pac:

No, just as well. Hun refs, sectarianism, politics, and a wee bit of football. Not your cup of tea at all Dempsey. :)

Miller was close alright, a red prob. would have been harsh but I've seen them given for less.

As for the Ranger's penalty claim, no more a claim than Kamara's, hence I haven't been debating it.

I'll say no more other than this - Celtic have been rubbish this season, no arguments there. Rangers probably would have won the league anyway, no arguements there. However what little chance to salvage things on Sunday went down the pan when the ref did what he did (and didn't). We should have ended with 11 men, Rangers should have ended with 10 men. I don't think anyone can realistically deny any of that.

That's all I'll say on Sunday's game (I promise). ;)

Sorry Paul but I will ;)

I can understand you saying about Bougherra Bobby

We're getting places. It's like the northern peace talks on here. :D

Tomorrow is Friday, let's have the Celtic-Rangers Friday agreement signed off by then. ;)

We're getting places. It's like the northern peace talks on here. :D

Tomorrow is Friday, let's have the Celtic-Rangers Friday agreement signed off by then. ;)

LOL All I said was I could understand what he was saying didn't say I agreed with it :p

LOL All I said was I could understand what he was saying didn't say I agreed with it :p

It's a start BBE... ;)

It's a start BBE... ;)

Still wondering why Miller should have been sent off though :confused::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Brewster wrote: »
    No problem.. May be getting a bit old now, but Im sure I could do a job somewhere!!

Lads the match thread had defended into a farce quite frankly. Was time to close it.

No thanks. Was bad enough having ex h*ns in the squad without having present ones too.

No thanks. Was bad enough having ex h*ns in the squad without having present ones too.

Belter Coilte Bhoy!! Go on my son! Get in there! Cyber pints on the way..!!

• Advertisement

Just had a txt from mate to say Scott Brown's appeal has been dismissed. He will serve a three match ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

oh...match thread closed.

Does that mean a certain liar gets away without answering my requests?

You know what? Theres only one person on this forum who i cant have a debate with, and hes a liar.
    Unfortunately hes indicative of everything thjat celtic are standing for right now.

I feel sorry for the normal people.

Just had a txt from mate to say Scott Brown's appeal has been dismissed. He will serve a three match ban.

Surely that's proof of an anti-Celtic agenda in the SPL?

Nope it means there whole appeal process is flawed very few refs are going to admit they were wrong. The whole thing needs looked at IMO it should be an independent panel

Nope, its proof that he suffers the same fate as Nacho Novo has on a number of occasions.
    Intent, without actual harm.

• Advertisement

No names, no quotes, it's a non-story.

The Daily Record has been successfully sued many times by Celtic for made up stories (Thugs and Thieves and about 3 ties for things said about Martin O'Neill), they have previous... but then maybe I'm just paranoid.

No names, no quotes, it's a non-story.

The Daily Record has been successfully sued many times by Celtic for made up stories (Thugs and Thieves and about 3 ties for things said about Martin O'Neill), they have previous... but then maybe I'm just paranoid.

Don't think its many times Bobby I will agree its a crap paper but come on as I said before you need to look at the great PR job your board is doing to deflect all the blame for your clubs troubles away from themselves

I think the pressure Celtic have been putting on refs has blown up in their face big style. There was always only going to be one winner in this and it was never going to be Celtic. You cannot go around moaning about refs when a few big decisions go against you.

Like many on here, I dont think it was a red card, a yellow would have sufficed. However, it is far from the worst decision of all time as some on here would have you believe. As I mentioned on other thread, why did Brown drop his head and place it on Lafferty's chest? The ref has seen it as an aggressive act and stuck by his decision. Brown should not have given the ref a decision to make. He was stupid. Why put yourself in a situation where ref can give a decision against you in such an incident?

Celtic currently have far issues to worry about. I think this campaign is clearly organised by Celtic to deflect fan anger away from Celtic. Season ticket renewal is coming up soon for Celtic, they have to do something to encourage fans to renew. I know of many Celtic fans that are seriously questioning whether to renew with current regime in place.

I lack friends with an interest in SPL, so good to discuss here.
    I know of many Celtic fans that are seriously questioning whether to renew with current regime in place.

Come on Brewster, make up your mind...

Come on Brewster, make up your mind...

Eh, Im talking about friends of my mate. Is that so hard to comprehend? He knows many season ticket holders in Ireland and discussing things with them lead him to believe that many are seriously considering not renewing. When it comes to it, he feels they will, but they are not happy with Mowbray basically and current regime.

You are constantly trying to pick holes in things I say etc, while chosing to ingore than main thrust of my post??? Hmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

right fellas, bad times around these parts it seem so i thought id get my point of view in...

firstly i have to say i agree with brewster on nearly all he has said. people trying to get him admit he is a rangers fan is just stupid. just accept the guy is a neutral, why would he bother lying. the argueing going on her is like stuf u would see ina childs playground.

celtic at the moment are laughable. id claim to be as big a celtic supporter as there is BUT i think us celtic fans need to look at things from a neutral view point to understand the problems.

brown SHOULD have seen red in my honest opinion. at first i was angered at the ref but after the storm has calmed i have looked at it in a deifferent light. i admit a yellow to each player would have sufficed, but rules are rules. as said, he should never have even given the ref the chance to make a decision like he did. brown is meant to be club captain. what an idiot.

Also celtic's idea to compain about refs clearly backfired. so so so silly of the board. i reckon (i dont know but just reckon) that we would have got the first half penalty if it wsnt for all that pre match bulls**t. the referee had to be strong and show he wasnt being effected by the celtic stories, and thats why i think he didnt give the peno. these things manifest themselves in referees, my brother who refs here in dublin backs me up on this.

the conspiracy that celtic are waffling on about is an embarrassment. YES they made have had a lot of bad decision as of late and YES they may change the course of the league, but rangers were in a similar predicament a few years back. these things come and go, its just unlucky we are getting the wrong end of the stick as of late.
    (As a side note: TV replays would sort all of this out.)

also the earlier points made (cant remember by whom) about the sale of robson/caldwell etc being untimely, are absolutely correct in my opinion. YES mowbray wants to start a new era and YES he doesnt see these players as the ones to lead him forward but i think ghe went about it wrong. he keeps talking about ''transition time''. that is easing players in whilst easing players out. however i feel mowbray has acted like i would in the computer game Football Manager. i dont know if u guys know of that game but i would often just rid of all the players i dont like and bring in dozens of new ones. fine in a computer game BUT in real life??? its laughable. a 19 and 18 year old at the centre of defence in what is meant to be one of the biggest derbies in the world? laughable.

also fully agree that if the board had backed strachan when he needed it we wouldnt be in this situation and i wouldnt be here ranting about the club i love so much.

the board have been financially shrewd, and some say thats great, i have to say i agree, look at pompey etc, about to go bust. ive held keen interest in the financial side of the club for quite some time since i bought my shares a few years back, and it seems lawell and co have done a good job. but there is a chance this could all backfire. with celtic not getting to the CL barring a miracle it will only leave rangers to repreent scotland. i wouldnt bet against rangers losing all 6 games. scotish football is well on the road to doom and gloom. as ive said on this thread many times football is run by TV money, and if things continue as they are there will soon not be a lot of that.

now i see the compaints about the pitch for thsi weekends game coming from celtic park. how embarrassing for both clubs, and the league in general. what would solve the pitch problems one might ask?? anyone know the answer...not the weather...not a better groundsman...MONEY. its all about money, and we wont make money stuck in the SPL. its time to get out of here, whether its an atlantic league or something similar.

anyway thats my bit for now, might all seem a bit extreme by the ''lets get out of here'' notion i conclude with. but i believe this is the only way, and i believe it will finally happen. i just hope im around to see it.

anyway match prediction for sunday: celtic to win one nil, the only goal coming from a bobble on the pitch.;)

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    right fellas, bad times around these parts it seem so i thought id get my point of view in...

firstly i have to say i agree with brewster on nearly all he has said. people trying to get him admit he is a rangers fan is just stupid. just accept the guy is a neutral, why would he bother lying. the argueing going on her is like stuf u would see ina childs playground.

celtic at the moment are laughable. id claim to be as big a celtic supporter as there is BUT i think us celtic fans need to look at things from a neutral view point to understand the problems.

brown SHOULD have seen red in my honest opinion. at first i was angered at the ref but after the storm has calmed i have looked at it in a deifferent light. i admit a yellow to each player would have sufficed, but rules are rules. as said, he should never have even given the ref the chance to make a decision like he did. brown is meant to be club captain. what an idiot.

Also celtic's idea to compain about refs clearly backfired. so so so silly of the board. i reckon (i dont know but just reckon) that we would have got the first half penalty if it wsnt for all that pre match bulls**t. the referee had to be strong and show he wasnt being effected by the celtic stories, and thats why i think he didnt give the peno. these things manifest themselves in referees, my brother who refs here in dublin backs me up on this.

the conspiracy that celtic are waffling on about is an embarrassment. YES they made have had a lot of bad decision as of late and YES they may change the course of the league, but rangers were in a similar predicament a few years back. these things come and go, its just unlucky we are getting the wrong end of the stick as of late.

also the earlier points made (cant remember by whom) about the sale of robson/caldwell etc being untimely, are absolutely correct in my opinion. YES mowbray wants to start a new era and YES he doesnt see these players as the ones to lead him forward but i think ghe went about it wrong. he keeps talking about ''transition time''. that is easing players in whilst easing players out. however i feel mowbray has acted like i would in the computer game Football Manager. i dont know if u guys know of that game but i would often just rid of all the players i dont like and bring in dozens of new ones. fine in a computer game BUT in real life??? its laughable. a 19 and 18 year old at the centre of defence in what is meant to be one of the biggest derbies in the world? laughable.

also fully agree that if the board had backed strachan when he needed it we wouldnt be in this situation and i wouldnt be here ranting about the club i love so much.

the board have been financially shrewd, and some say thats great, i have to say i agree, look at pompey etc, about to go bust. ive held keen interest in the financial side of the club for quite some time since i bought my shares a few years back, and it seems lawell and co have done a good job. but there is a chance this could all backfire. with celtic not getting to the CL barring a miracle it will only leave rangers to repreent scotland. i wouldnt bet against rangers losing all 6 games. scotish football is well on the road to doom and gloom. as ive said on this thread many times football is run by TV money, and if things continue as they are there will soon not be a lot of that.

now i see the compaints about the pitch for thsi weekends game coming from celtic park. how embarrassing for both clubs, and the league in general. what would solve the pitch problems one might ask?? anyone know the answer...not the weather...not a better groundsman...MONEY. its all about money, and we wont make money stuck in the SPL. its time to get out of here, whether its an atlantic league or something similar.

anyway thats my bit for now, might all seem a bit extreme by the ''lets get out of here'' notion i conclude with. but i believe this is the only way, and i believe it will finally happen. i just hope im around to see it.

anyway match prediction for sunday: celtic to win one nil, the only goal coming from a bobble on the pitch.;)

Good post there

Just hope your prediction is wrong :p

You are constantly trying to pick holes in things I say etc, while chosing to ingore than main thrust of my post??? Hmmmm

Quit your mud slinging, I answer every question you put to me. I challenge you to go back through your posts and pick out the times I refuse to answer queries.

Quit your mud slinging, I answer every question you put to me. I challenge you to go back through your posts and pick out the times I refuse to answer queries.

Well just go back to my last post, I have made a comment re the Celtic board that they are trying to deflect heat away from themselves with season renewals just over the horizon? Do you agree with this statement Bobby. Maybe you don't, your entltled to take a differing opinion and back it up....

bmcgov86 wrote: »

Someone that can look at the bigger picture! Be careful BmcGov, one more post like that and the natives will have you down as a Rangers supporter too!

Like you, I say things as I see them, and yes its pathetic lads trying to get me to admit being a Rangers fan blah de blah a) cos I spend time here b) sometimes I criticise Celtic

Cyber pint on its way to you....

The longer Celtic and their fans keep their heads in the sand, they won't fix problems at their club.

Someone that can look at the bigger picture! Be careful BmcGov, one more post like that and the natives will have you down as a Rangers supporter too!

Like you, I say things as I see them, and yes its pathetic lads trying to get me to admit being a Rangers fan blah de blah a) cos I spend time here b) sometimes I criticise Celtic

Cyber pint on its way to you....

The longer Celtic and their fans keep their heads in the sand, they won't fix problems at their club.

I agree with bmcgov86, been saying what he's been saying for months, almost the start of the season (not on boards.ie) but I've more respect of opinions from supporters of every other SPL club, even Rangers & Chick Young alot more than yours.

Whoop-de-dooo, you dont support an SPL club, why dont you go sit on some other fence instead of this periodical reminder that you dont support anyone. What do you want? A medal?

even Rangers & Chick Young

lol, got to admit that made me giggle. :D

I agree with bmcgov86, been saying what he's been saying for months, almost the start of the season (not on boards.ie) but I've more respect of opinions from supporters of every other SPL club, even Rangers & Chick Young alot more than yours.

Whoop-de-dooo, you dont support an SPL club, why dont you go sit on some other fence instead of this periodical reminder that you dont support anyone. What do you want? A medal?

To be fair, this isn't an issue for me Dempsey, I am not the person that keeps raising it to be fair and certainly don't want a medal. Its others didnt raise it, you wouldn't hear a squek from me. Why do others continually raise it, is it to wind me up?

And yes, I agree with alot of what you have been saying re Celtic this season. We actually agree on alot of issues, so my opinions may not be too different from your own!

Well just go back to my last post, I have made a comment re the Celtic board that they are trying to deflect heat away from themselves with season renewals just over the horizon? Do you agree with this statement Bobby. Maybe you don't, your entltled to take a differing opinion and back it up....

Once again I agree with you, our plc are crooks, charlatans and war mongrels.

Look back and you'll find I agree with you quite a bit but you constantly try and portray yourself as some sort of downtrodden fella on here and you constantly refuse to give folks credit for their posts... instead you slate them with generalising statements like you constantly make against me, I just don't get you at times.

Once again I agree with you, our plc are crooks, charlatans and war mongrels.

Look back and you'll find I agree with you quite a bit but you constantly try and portray yourself as some sort of downtrodden fella on here and you constantly refuse to give folks credit for their posts... instead you slate them with generalising statements like you constantly make against me, I just don't get you at times.

Wouldn't quite go that far Bobby! The board have done a pretty decent job to be fair. Much better than than across city. They have made two big errors, not backing Strachan more in Jan 2009 and this recent refereeing fiasco. I do not believe they actively tried to recruit in 09, I believe they thought title was in bag following victory over Rangers. They have a huge decision to make now, do they stick with Mowbray or do they cut their losses and bring a new man in? I am very gracious towards other posters, especially when the make comments I agree with! Happy to acknowledge this as recent post by bMcgov would testify. Once people are fair to me, you won't have any problems with me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement