Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [warning post #417, 418]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm not an avid Celtic supporter by any means, I'd watch if they were on tele and follow the results and that, like. But, I'd much rather a non-ex-Ranger playing for Celtic than an ex-Ranger, it still just doesn't seem right to me that a Scottish player plays for both clubs, not too bad with a non-British/Irish player, but it doesn't seem right to me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Brewster wrote: »
    Paul doesnt think its possible that some Celtic fans would have an issue with an ex Ranger.

I never said that.

My point was you should be careful how phrase things as your two blokes in a pub story doesn't really correspond with your comment about your Celtic supporting mate heard "stories of utter disgust from Celtic fans", which insinuates a much wider issue.

Of course you still haven't said what your mate actually heard, surprise surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Thanks for that confirmation. Re read back the thread, a poster said Miller wasn't liked because he wasnt very good. I suggested that the reason was more to do with the fact he played for Rangers. Paul doesnt think its possible that some Celtic fans would have an issue with an ex Ranger. I believe its an issue. Coillte Bhoy has proved my point. Lets move on

Of course it's an issue. Doesnt take a genius to figure that out. As for moving on i wish you would. Anyehere but here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Miller never should have been sold by Celtic. Some fans didnt take to him because he was an ex Ranger...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kenny Miller is a decent pro, gives 100% every single time, that doesn't mask the fact that he's a terrible striker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Kenny Miller is better than Samaras or Fortune anyway and thats not from two lads down the pub.

My cat knows this and he wonders how Samaras and Fortune wer ever signed by Celtic in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

blinding wrote: »
    Kenny Miller is better than Samaras or Fortune anyway and thats not from two lads down the pub.

My cat knows this and he wonders how Samaras and Fortune wer ever signed by Celtic in the first place.

I agree with your cat on Fortune - waste of money imo. Samaras I personally would not write off though.

Unfortunately for us, Miller was not doing the business at Celtic and there was a good opportunity to flog him on at the time which I think Celtic were right to take. Smith is better at getting the best out of players like Miller than Strachan was - of that there's no doubt. He has done very well with the players he has and the lack of money the club has to spend so kudos to him for that.

Sammy's goal scoring record is streets ahead of what Millers was for Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kenny Miller is a decent pro, gives 100% every single time, that doesn't mask the fact that he's a terrible striker.

Terrible Striker Bobby? Interesting choice of adjective! Bobby thats rubbish and I don't think you will find many in agreement with you. He is very intelligent and runs some fantastic lines and drags defenders all over the place creating space for others. Granted he is not the best finisher in the world, only a fool would argue he was, but overall he is a super player. Personally I believe he should have been on POTY shortlist.

Terrible Striker Bobby? Interesting choice of adjective!

Why interesting, you seem to agree with me stating he's a terrible striker as you also said...
    Granted he is not the best finisher in the world, only a fool would argue he was,

He tries 100% every game he plays in, he runs around a lot (in a headless chicken way) and is constantly caught offside.
    He is very intelligent and runs some fantastic lines and drags defenders all over the place creating space for others.

At one stage Darren O'Dea had a better scoring record for Celtic than Kenny Miller.

Miller is an awful finisher, absolutely awful, he does run around a lot though. Good enough for Celtic??? Not a hope... 1 goal every 5 games for Celtic... 1 goal every 7.5 games for Derby... 1 goal in (just under) every 3 games for rangers... 1 goal every 4 games for Hibs and 1 goal every 3 games for Wolves suggests he ain't a great striker.

PauloMN wrote: »
    I agree with your cat on Fortune - waste of money imo. Samaras I personally would not write off though.

Unfortunately for us, Miller was not doing the business at Celtic and there was a good opportunity to flog him on at the time which I think Celtic were right to take. Smith is better at getting the best out of players like Miller than Strachan was - of that there's no doubt. He has done very well with the players he has and the lack of money the club has to spend so kudos to him for that.

Sammy's goal scoring record is streets ahead of what Millers was for Celtic.

Miller was not given enough time at Celtic Paul, had they held onto to him he would be producing the goods for Celtic today. He is probably a more mature player now and is at the peak of his powers. It was an easy decision to sell him, as he was not very popular among the support as we have discussed but it was clearly the wrong decision. He was brought to Celtic for a reason, because he was a good player, unfortunately Celtic didnt get to see the real Miller.

Samaras has got a bucket load of opportunities but has never shown he could cut it at Celtic. I am amazed to hear that you would keep him. Im sure a majority of the Celtic support would want shot of him.

Why interesting, you seem to agree with me stating he's a terrible striker as you also said...

He tries 100% every game he plays in, he runs around a lot (in a headless chicken way) and is constantly caught offside.

At one stage Darren O'Dea had a better scoring record for Celtic than Kenny Miller.

Miller is an awful finisher, absolutely awful, he does run around a lot though. Good enough for Celtic??? Not a hope...

Ha ha! Thats quality Bobby, just as I referred to him running intelligent lines, you come in with a headless chicken belter!

Question Id like to ask you Bobby, if Miller is not good enough to play for Celtic, please tell me which of the current Celtic first team squad you would actually keep?!!? (Keane excluded!!). The list aint gonna be very long Id imagine!

• Advertisement

Miller was not given enough time at Celtic Paul, had they held onto to him he would be producing the goods for Celtic today. He is probably a more mature player now and is at the peak of his powers. It was an easy decision to sell him, as he was not very popular among the support as we have discussed but it was clearly the wrong decision.

1 goal every 5 games, a young centre half who had played far less games than him had a better scoring record than him kind of suggests that he wasn't very good yet you think he is...

Across his career his record is approx 1 goal every 3.3 games (approx the same as Samaras by the way) so that kinda flies in the face of your "he didn't get enough time" theory.

"the peak of his powers" LOL! Oh the imagery that conjures up!!!

1 goal every 5 games, a young centre half who had played far less games than him had a better scoring record than him kind of suggests that he wasn't very good yet you think he is...

Across his career his record is approx 1 goal every 4 games which isn't too far off his 1 goal every 5 games for Celtic so that kinda flies in the face of your "he didn't get enough time" theory.

"the peak of his powers" LOL! Oh the imagery that conjures up!!!

Miller would walk into current Celtic team Bobby. Far better player than Samaras or Fortune. You can drag up all sorts of facts. You should know there is more than to being a striker than goalscoring stats. Miller has never being a prolific goalscorer, however, his strengths are bringing others into play. He is one of the few strikers who can effectively play the lone strikers role and Craig Levein will have him as his number one striker just like previous Scotland managers. Miller is not a penalty box stricker, everyone knows that. By your reckoning, Kris Boyd would be one of the best stikers around, his stats are quite interesting I would have thought?! However, everyone knows Boyd is a poor player outside of box and an excellent finisher. Miller is the opposite. To label Miller "terrible" is quite amusing!

Miller would walk into current Celtic team Bobby. Far better player than Samaras or Fortune. You can drag up all sorts of facts.

As would Harald Bratbakk... that doesn't make either of them a great striker. Incidentally Brattbakk has a better scoring record than Miller both in general and whilst he was at Celtic, that still doesn't make him a great striker.
    Miller has never being a prolific goalscorer, however, his strengths are bringing others into play. He is one of the few strikers who can effectively play the lone strikers role and Craig Levein will have him as his number one striker just like previous Scotland managers.

Being prolific is quite an important thing for a striker is it not? 1 goal in 3.3 games is simply not good enough given that the vast majority of his goals have come in sub-standard leagues (Rangers and Wolves).

As for getting his game for Scotland that is more an indictment of a poor Scotland team than anything else. His scoring record for Scotland is very poor.
    Miller is not a penalty box stricker, everyone knows that. By your reckoning, Kris Boyd would be one of the best stikers around, his stats are quite interesting I would have thought?!

Kris Boyd has decent stats, you pay strikers to score goals, Kris Boyd scores goals. His scoring record is nearly twice as good as Miller's. If I had a choice between the two I'd pick Boyd every single time.
    However, everyone knows Boyd is a poor player outside of box and an excellent finisher. Miller is the opposite. To label Miller "terrible" is quite amusing!

Any idea how many assists Miller has if he's such a good player... or are we just going to measure his value to a team by what you think it is and nothing that is in any way measurable?

Miller is a terrible striker, he just doesn't score enough goals to be considered a good striker. He is a half decent team player though and tries his heart out as does Novo... that doesn't make either of them good strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Kris Boyd 21
    Anthony Stokes 18
    Kenny Miller 17
    Jon Daly 13
    Derek Riordan 12
    Scott McDonald 10
    Georgios Samaras 10
    Lukas Jutkiewicz 10
    John Sutton 9
    Marc-Antoine Fortune 9
    Robbie Keane 9
    David Goodwillie 8

Not a bad season for a crap striker! Interestingly enough ive often compared Scott McDonald to him.

Any idea how many assists Miller has if he's such a good player... or are we just going to measure his value to a team by what you think it is and nothing that is in any way measurable?
    Steven Davis 14
    Aiden McGeady 11
    Kenny Miller 9
    Craig Conway 9
    Tom Hateley 7
    Andreas Hinkel 6
    Ryan Flynn 6
    Kris Boyd 5
    Daniel Swanson 5
    Pedro Moutinho 5
    Garry Hay 4

Not bad this season either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

LOL at the attempts to defend Kenny Miller!! Just LOL.

Celtic were dominating the SPL the season he was here and he managed 8 goals in 44 appearances. He wasnt good enough, end of! This season is clearly an exception for a very very average striker.

Dempsey wrote: »

Celtic were dominating the SPL the season he was here and he managed 8 goals in 44 appearances. He wasnt good enough, end of! This season is clearly an exception for a very very average striker.

Im not attempting to defend him in the slightest, Bobby asked for his assist stat i gave them to him.

Dempsey, to be fair Bobby has labelled him a terrible player. Anyone that knows anything about football would not issue such a statement. Miller stats have been excellent this term and I think he is a very good player, not a great player, just a very good player.

You dont think hes very good, you dont think hes good, you think hes very very average. Thats fair enough. You do acknowledge that he has had a good season then? I agree with this, I would have had him on player of the year shortlist.

Are Scotland managers wrong to pick him? There are many strikers that the Scotland manager could pick, including premiership players such as Stephen Fletcher and McFadden, plus numerous scottish based players. I bet Miller will be one of the first names on Levein's teamsheet.

Just because he didnt play well for Celtic does not mean he is not a very good player. Celtic did not get the best out of him as Paul rightly admitted. Using that argument is flawed Dempsey. How many players have failed to impress for one club and then looked amazing for their new club?? Clearly he wasnt that happy at Celtic for what ever reason

Is Bobby right or wrong to label him a terrible player? What do other boardsies think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »

Thats twice...am i missing something?

• Advertisement

Well Brewster, given his Celtic stats, you must agree that Celtic were right to sell him for a tidy profit. Strachan wanted to use JVOH and McDonald and Miller was never going to be a happy squad player. It was win win win win for Celtic

Regardless of what happened since he left, Celtic were looking for better players and they had that in JVOH/McDonald but other factors like JVOH injury hit season end cut that very short

He's not very good, he's an average player with a good season under his belt. Dont develop a short term memory about the lad now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sorry but just found it and had to post it :P

25104406906903199769728.jpg

Eirebear wrote: »
    Thats twice...am i missing something?

I must be missing the same thing???

Soby wrote: »
    Sorry but just found it and had to post it :P

Empty green seats obviously "do it" for him! :p

ziggy wrote: »

Yes because I watched him for West Brom, and like some Celtic fans I felt it would be a waste of 4m quid. I have seen very little this season to change my opinion Ziggy.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Steven Davis 14
    Aiden McGeady 11
    Kenny Miller 9
    Craig Conway 9
    Tom Hateley 7
    Andreas Hinkel 6
    Ryan Flynn 6
    Kris Boyd 5
    Daniel Swanson 5
    Pedro Moutinho 5
    Garry Hay 4

Not bad this season either....

As a striker how do you rate him? Are you happy with a strike rate of 1 goal every 3.3 games and ONE assist every 4 or so games???

Now given that Brewster said he did so much more than just be a striker I'd have thought his number of "assists" would have been through the roof... but they're clearly not.

Scott McDonald is a far better striker and he's not even a great striker either.

Dempsey, to be fair Bobby has labelled him a terrible player. Anyone that knows anything about football would not issue such a statement. Miller stats have been excellent this term and I think he is a very good player, not a great player, just a very good player.

You dont think hes very good, you dont think hes good, you think hes very very average. Thats fair enough. You do acknowledge that he has had a good season then? I agree with this, I would have had him on player of the year shortlist.

Are Scotland managers wrong to pick him? There are many strikers that the Scotland manager could pick, including premiership players such as Stephen Fletcher and McFadden, plus numerous scottish based players. I bet Miller will be one of the first names on Levein's teamsheet.

Just because he didnt play well for Celtic does not mean he is not a very good player. Celtic did not get the best out of him as Paul rightly admitted. Using that argument is flawed Dempsey. How many players have failed to impress for one club and then looked amazing for their new club?? Clearly he wasnt that happy at Celtic for what ever reason

Is Bobby right or wrong to label him a terrible player? What do other boardsies think?

Brewster... stop putting words in my mouth. I called him a terrible STRIKER not a terrible player... Anyone that knows anything about football would understand what I meant. You seem to make a habit out of misquoting me, I'm starting to think you do it intentionally.

How many players have failed to impress for one club and then looked amazing for their new club??

??? So Miller is now "amazing" - Brilliant!!! A goal every 3.3 games in substandard leagues is now amazing for a striker???!!! An assist every 4 games in this his best ever season is amazing eh???!!!
    Clearly he wasnt that happy at Celtic for what ever reason

Blah blah blah, always the sly little dig at Celtic. He must be in the habit of never being happy at clubs so. 1 goal in every 7.5 games at Derby, 1 every 4 at Hibs etc... 1 goal every 3.3 games throughout his career in very poor leagues is awful for a striker... as you seem to agree
    Granted he is not the best finisher in the world, only a fool would argue he was...

There you go again...

Brewster... stop putting words in my mouth. I called him a terrible STRIKER not a terrible player... Anyone that knows anything about football would understand what I meant. You seem to make a habit out of misquoting me, I'm starting to think you do it intentionally.

??? So Miller is now "amazing" - Brilliant!!! A goal every 3.3 games in substandard leagues is now amazing for a striker???!!! An assist every 4 games in this his best ever season is amazing eh???!!!

Blah blah blah, always the sly little dig at Celtic. He must be in the habit of never being happy at clubs so. 1 goal in every 7.5 games at Derby, 1 every 4 at Hibs etc... 1 goal every 3.3 games throughout his career in very poor leagues is awful for a striker... as you seem to agree

There you go again...

What are you talking about? I wasn't having a dig at Celtic, dont be ridiculous. I said he wasnt happy at Celtic, I didn't insinuate that was Celtic's fault. Personal reasons perhaps!? Don't be so paranoid Bobby.

Kenny Miller is a fine player in my opinion from what I have seen of him.

Again, any intelligent football fan will know that stats both in terms of goalscoring and assists does not tell the whole story in terms of a players ability. There are many more aspects of good striking play that are not accounted for in those stats, ie. ability to hold up ball, ability to dribble with ball, ability to bring others into play by creating space for them etc etc. To continually quote goal scoring stats shows a lack of understanding on your part. One player springs to mind Carlos Tevez, terrible stats for United, super stats for City? According to your reckoning, Tevez would be a "terrible striker" too at the end of last season!!

Brewster - of course strikers don't just score goals but their primary objective is to score goals. His record for Celtic was really poor. Do you think Celtic should have kept Miller with the scoring record he had for them, especially when he was picked up free and there was an offer of £2.5m on the table?

Celtic had no option but to get rid imo.

• Advertisement

Don't be so paranoid Bobby.

Again, any intelligent football fan will know that stats both in terms of goalscoring and assists does not tell the whole story in terms of a players ability.

To continually quote goal scoring stats shows a lack of understanding on your part.

You're a blast Brewster!!! An utter blast!!!

Next from Brewster...

So what if Josh Thompson is responsible for two goals a game as a centre half, you should see the throw-ins he takes AND he completes 85% of his passes. There's more to being a centre half than stopping the other team scoring you know...

1 goal in 3.3 games does not a good striker make.

Answer me this... do you think 1 goal every 3.3 games predominantly in weak leagues a good return for a good striker? Please answer that.

You're a blast Brewster!!! An utter blast!!!

Next from Brewster...

So what if Josh Thompson is responsible for two goals a game as a centre half, you should see the throw-ins he takes AND he completes 85% of his passes. There's more to being a centre half than stopping the other team scoring you know...

1 goal in 3.3 games does not a good striker make.

Answer me this... do you think 1 goal every 3.3 games predominantly in weak leagues a good return for a good striker? Please answer that.

I asked the following question by email to a few lads in work..... "Do you believe a striker's stats both in terms of goals and assists tell the full story of how good a striker he may or may not be"?

Four out of five said no, and one said yes. Small straw poll I know.

We obviously aren't going to agree on this one.

Celtic board were given the opportunity to make a tidy profit on him, and I can understand why they sold him as bottom lines figures are important to them.

For footballing reasons, I would have kept him in the squad unless Celtic planned to replace him by superior players. Its easy to be wise after event of course, and I fully acknowledge this. You need four good strikers at a club and I think he could have done a job with JVOH and McDonald

I asked the following question by email to a few lads in work..... "Do you believe a striker's stats both in terms of goals and assists tell the full story of how good a striker he may or may not be"?

Four out of five said no, and one said yes. Small straw poll I know.

We obviously aren't going to agree on this one.

Celtic board were given the opportunity to make a tidy profit on him, and I can understand why they sold him as bottom lines figures are important to them.

For footballing reasons, I would have kept him in the squad unless Celtic planned to replace him by superior players. Its easy to be wise after event of course, and I fully acknowledge this. You need four good strikers at a club and I think he could have done a job with JVOH and McDonald

You never answered my question...

Do you think that 1 goal every 3.3 games (predominantly in weak leagues) is a good return for a good striker?

That translates at 11 league goals a season in the SPL. Would you be happy with your main striker scoring 11 goals a season in the SPL? I wouldn't.

"Do you believe a striker's stats both in terms of goals and assists tell the full story of how good a striker he may or may not be"?

For the record I never claimed that either.

One of Larsson's many (immense) strengths was his work rate when he didn't have the ball. He was our first line of defence.

Miller is the same, he works tirelessly for his team... but a good striker/finisher he will never be. Miller gets more games (for rangers and Scotland) than he should because of this fact, not because he is a good striker.

For the record I never claimed that either.
    One of Larsson's many (immense) strengths was his work rate when he didn't have the ball. He was our first line of defence.

Miller is the same, he works tirelessly for his team... but a good striker/finisher he will never be. Miller gets more games (for rangers and Scotland) than he should because of this fact, not because he is a good striker.

Well what are you claiming!!? One minute your quoting all sorts of stats, then the next your agreeing with me that there is more to being a good striker than stats such as workrate. I can happily admit I rate workrate very high on the list of qualities in a footballer and perhaps this is one of the main reasons I rate Miller. Without heart and workrate a footballer is nothing IMHO. All the greats have it in adundance, Rooney etc..

For the record, I never claimed Miller to be a wonderful finisher. I do not believe its fair to call him a terrible striker either...

Well what are you claiming!!?

My very first post on this topic tells you exactly what I "claim" about Miller.

Now... 2 questions here please answer them directly with Yes or No answers...

Do you think that 1 goal every 3.3 games (predominantly in weak leagues) is a good return for a good striker?

That translates at 11 league goals a season in the SPL. Would you be happy with your main striker scoring 11 goals a season in the SPL? I wouldn't.

• Advertisement

My very first post on this topic tells you exactly what I "claim" about Miller.

Now... 2 questions here please answer them directly with Yes or No answers...

Fair play to you.

I cant answer those questions without knowing what the individual player brought to the team. In some cases I would answer yes, in other cases I would answer no. Ask any BOHS fan about Neale Fenn, scored only 6 goals in title winning season playing as a striker yet was first name on team sheet every week. There are many other examples out there like this.

I think we have brought this as far as it can be brought!

Fair play to you.

I cant answer those questions without knowing what the individual player brought to the team.

Unreal...

Unreal...

Why Bobby? I have consistently stated I dont believe goal scoring stats tell the whole story? Why part of this do you not understand? Some people will agree with me, others won't. Thats football, not everyone will agree all the time. How can I answer the questions with a yes or no answer, it cannot be done IMHO??

Why Bobby? I have consistently stated I dont believe goal scoring stats tell the whole story? Why part of this do you not understand? Some people will agree with me, others won't. Thats football, not everyone will agree all the time. How can I answer the questions with a yes or no answer, it cannot be done IMHO??

Blinkered.

A striker with a goal every 3.3 games is NOT a good striker unless they create an awful lot of chances... which Miller doesn't do either.

I have no doubt that if Miller was a Celtic player you would be crowing a completely different tune about him.

What exactly makes Miller such a good player if we both agree that his strike rate and assist rate is "poor" for a striker?

Blinkered.

A striker with a goal every 3.3 games is NOT a good striker unless they create an awful lot of chances... which Miller doesn't do either.

I have no doubt that if Miller was a Celtic player you would be crowing a completely different tune about him.

What exactly makes Miller such a good player if we both agree that his strike rate and assist rate is "poor" for a striker?

Rubbish, why on earth would you say that? I always liked Kenny Miller as a player and appreciated what he brought to ANY team. I wouldn't say his assist rate is poor at all Bobby, quite the opposite this season for a centre forward.

Celtic have four strikers, I have nothing but praise for Keane, and I have also been on the record as saying Rasmussen looks very promising and deserves more starts. Yes the other two are complete wasters, many Celtic fans would agree with me. I think you may even agree with this sentiment yourself! So your little jibe that I wouldnt rate Miller if he was playing for Celtic is nonsense.

You are not going to change my mind about Kenny Bob. Time to move on. You don't rate him, I do. No big deal.

How do you see the games going this weekend Bob, do you see Rangers wrapping up the title or can Celtic delay Rangers' title party for another week?

• Advertisement

Brewster, you keep harping on about this season when people are looking at his career. You do thins because your argument falls down when you look at the big picture. Could you stop splitting hairs to make a bloody argument.

He's a very average striker and all the nit picking you do wont change it. Give it a rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

This thread has turned to ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

kraggy wrote: »
    This thread has turned to ****e.

Wow your contribution has really helped get it back on track these fella's are having a discussion over the merits of a player whats wrong with that ;)

Brewster, you keep harping on about this season when people are looking at his career. You do thins because your argument falls down when you look at the big picture. Could you stop splitting hairs to make a bloody argument.

He's a very average striker and all the nit picking you do wont change it. Give it a rest.

Dempsey, I can fully appreciate your fed up reading about this as I am fed up now writing about it! Myself and Bob in the main, had a good ding dong debate and I am happy with my consistent contributions. I am certainly not splitting any hairs. Lets see how Kenny does over next season or two, he might surprise some of you. He is entering the prime of his career and will be a big player for Rangers and Scotland over the coming seasons. He has had a fantastic season and there no reason to believe he cannot build on this. I am not saying anymore on the subject.

Dempsey, I can fully appreciate your fed up reading about this as I am fed up now writing about it! Myself and Bob in the main, had a good ding dong debate and I am happy with my consistent contributions. I am certainly not splitting any hairs. Lets see how Kenny does over next season or two, he might surprise some of you. He is entering the prime of his career and will be a big player for Rangers and Scotland over the coming seasons. He has had a fantastic season and there no reason to believe he cannot build on this. I am not saying anymore on the subject.

To split another hair, most outfield players prime years are considered between 27-32. Next you'll be propping up Marco Negri as the SPL's greatest striker because of his goal ratio.

EDIT

What we should be discussing is McLeishs report and the fact that he has labeled the SFA 50 years out of date and the poll taken by fans to what changes should definitely happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

To split another hair, most outfield players prime years are considered between 27-32. Next you'll be propping up Marco Negri as the SPL's greatest striker because of his goal ratio.

EDIT

What we should be discussing is McLeishs report and the fact that he has labeled the SFA 50 years out of date and the poll taken by fans to what changes should definitely happen.

There are lots of changes needed but are the dinosaurs ant the top going to listen I fear not

EDIT

Who is Marco Negri when he is at home!? I think with advances in fitness/diets in recent times, my own view would be that outfield players peak around 30-33 now. Players are playing much longer nowadays. Now I am not getting into a long winded debate on this!!

Who is Marco Negri when he is at home!? I think with advances in fitness/diets in recent times, my own view would be that outfield players peak around 30-33 now. Players are playing much longer nowadays. Now I am not getting into a long winded debate on this!!

A nobody! :pac:
    There are lots of changes needed but are the dinosaurs ant the top going to listen I fear not

The rot isnt just at the top imo but yea, the top dogs dont do enough besides their own self preservation exercises. Its sickening to see these guys get away with excuse after excuse when they make a mess.

Who is Marco Negri when he is at home!?

Seriously???

On another note I don't think Walter Smith will be Rangers manager next season. He gave a very interesting interview on the pitch yesterday where he skirted the issue of what will happen Rangers next year.

I'll have a huge wager with anyone that he won't be manager come first day of season... any takers?

Seriously???

On another note I don't think Walter Smith will be Rangers manager next season. He gave a very interesting interview on the pitch yesterday where he skirted the issue of what will happen Rangers next year.

I'll have a huge wager with anyone that he won't be manager come first day of season... any takers?

As I said on another thread Bobby, will take a good Celtic manager to get better of Walter, despite the circumstances he has been faced with. I think he has earned his retirement and he should bow out on a high in my opinion.

And I didnt know who Marco Negri was, I since googled him and realise he played for Rangers, however, I have only taken an interest in SPL in recent seasons to be honest so that would explain it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement