Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [warning post #417, 418]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Come on now, the € is on the slide, it is more like £8.1m

fair enough...still a damn good price if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Eirebear wrote: »

I do not disagree

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I'd say thanks very much and I would mean it too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Really? given current exchange rates, you would turn down what is around a 9.5m bid for a guy who turns up every now and then?

Must remember to go to Bank of Eirebear next time I've some currency to change. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It is. I'd be gutted to see him leave, but I'd be very happy if Celtic got £8m+ for him. I doubt Celtic would turn down a genuine bid of that amount for him either in these times.

I know the Hutton and Gordon transfer fees always come up when talking about McGeady but those happened in flusher (is that a word?) times. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Does anybody know the reason behind the hold-up in appointing Lenny as permanent manager??

If this is not resolved soon I'm sure we're going to miss out on the signing of some players.

celticbest wrote: »
    Does anybody know the reason behind the hold-up in appointing Lenny as permanent manager??

If this is not resolved soon I'm sure we're going to miss out on the signing of some players.

I presume the hold up is not on the Lennon appointment (which I think is a given at this stage), but on appointing someone to work with him. Takes time, and everyone involved has to be happy with the deal.

I agree though it does look like certain targets (Campbell, Bullard) won't commit and rightly so until the managerial stuff is all sorted out. Hopefully not long now, it getting urgent at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone know much about this Baxter guy that they're speaking to because I think it could prove to a very controvesial appointment if himself and Lennon arent singing from the same hymn sheet. I wish the board would appoint Lennon now and let him find someone to work with himself in due course.

I hope these delays dont cost us the signings we want the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Dempsey wrote: »
    Anyone know much about this Baxter guy that they're speaking to because I think it could prove to a very controvesial appointment if himself and Lennon arent singing from the same hymn sheet. I wish the board would appoint Lennon now and let him find someone to work with himself in due course.

I hope these delays dont cost us the signings we want the most.

Clyde Radio at 4pm said Lenny was officially the new man! Expect an update from the club's website some time next week so! I think the BBC are reporting it as well.

Good luck Lenny!!!

He was in at the Maritime Festival at the weekend, just missed him by minutes apparently, would have loved a quick chat with the fella.

Clyde Radio at 4pm said Lenny was officially the new man! Expect an update from the club's website some time next week so! I think the BBC are reporting it as well.

Good luck Lenny!!!

He was in at the Maritime Festival at the weekend, just missed him by minutes apparently, would have loved a quick chat with the fella.

Just checked the BBC website, it's saying that it will be offically announced on Wednesday,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8728818.stm

Fingers crossed he does well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Good luck Lenny!!!

You would have enjoyed it Bobby I have met him twice at social functions and he is a genuine guy.
    Still hated him as a player though :p

It's official at last, Lenny is manager.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_090610101149.aspx

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8728818.stm

Maybe now there can be some moves made in the transfer market.....

If they want to cause a stir and boost season book sales, they'll announce some signings today aswell before end of business. I dont see why they cant unless they all want to meet this Stuart Baxter guy and get a measure of what he'll be like

You would have enjoyed it Bobby I have met him twice at social functions and he is a genuine guy.
    Still hated him as a player though :p

I've had very brief meets with him a couple of times - the latest being in The Palace pub in Temple Bar the night that Celtic were away to Rapid Vienna in the Europa League - I was amazed he wasn't at it. I had a brief conversation with him - he's a normal down to Earth fella - would love a couple of pints with him...

If they want to cause a stir and boost season book sales, they'll announce some signings today aswell before end of business. I dont see why they cant unless they all want to meet this Stuart Baxter guy and get a measure of what he'll be like

It would be nice to see a few signings if not today but at least at some stage this week.

If you log onto the Celtic website they have the following banner...

New Manager
    New Jersey
    New players...

could you be the next new signing for Celtic?

Renew your season ticket here...

could you be the next new signing for Celtic?

If only.....it would be like a Carlsberg moment, sorry meant Tennants ;)

Good luck Lenny. He'll bring a bit of heart back into the team if nothing else, which was sorely missing last season.

I know he's not got the experience we'd all like to have, but you could argue that Mowbray did and look where that got us. Lenny is a calculated risk, and there's no doubt the players responded to him which is the main thing.

Now let's tie up some of these signings like Campbell, Bullard and Lawrence.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Good luck Lenny. He'll bring a bit of heart back into the team if nothing else, which was sorely missing last season.

+1

• Advertisement

I know he's not got the experience we'd all like to have, but you could argue that Mowbray did and look where that got us. Lenny is a calculated risk, and there's no doubt the players responded to him which is the main thing.

Agreed but even better that Lennon wants and older person onboard "to bounce ideas off" shows that he knows that he has alot to learn yet himself and will listen to other people's advice. I think Mowbray was very pig headed in what he wanted from the board and players. i.e. to play a style of play that is easy to neutralize for ultra defensive sides & signing average players at all costs because he worked with them before, Marc Antoine Fortune was never worth €4.3M, never ever!

He wanted to prove that he was the man in charge more so than winning matches it seemed at times.

Lennon on Keane:
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/06/09/manual_124352.html&TEAMHD=scotspremiership

Folks if anyone finds a link where I can watch the full press conference from this morning would you let me know? Couldn't log on to the BBC stream because of their poxy IP checker :mad: and wasn't able to watch it on Sky.

Lennon on Keane:
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/06/09/manual_124352.html&TEAMHD=scotspremiership

Folks if anyone finds a link where I can watch the full press conference from this morning would you let me know? Couldn't log on to the BBC stream because of their poxy IP checker :mad: and wasn't able to watch it on Sky.

Given the bull**** they did over Pavlyuchenko, i think Lennon could be chasing his shadow but ya cant blame him for trying

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Lennon on Keane:

Lennon confirms Keane desire clip
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6198251,00.html

Lennon appointed boss clip
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6198045,00.html

Given the bull**** they did over Pavlyuchenko, i think Lennon could be chasing his shadow but ya cant blame him for trying

Absolutely. It's nice to know he's trying everything he can to get him. I don't think any fan really expects it to happen but you never know until you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Glad this is sorted and all the best to Lenny. At least he's got some time to sort out his own team for the start of the season. This must feel like a win win situtation for PL as he's now got someone the support seem to be behind and his idea of new signings will be renewal of season ticket books.

• Advertisement

Lennon talking up Irish connection, good to see after all the club has done over previous years to dilute this link,

From : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8739641.stm
    Neil Lennon believes his Irish roots makes his appointment as Celtic manager all the more significant.

The Lurgan-born former Celtic captain was confirmed as manager last week after taking interim charge as caretaker at the end of the season.

"I'm very proud," Lennon told Celtic's television station, Channel 67.

"I know a lot of people back home will be very pleased and proud for me as well," said Lennon. "I want to make them as proud as I am."

In a series of question and answer sessions, Lennon will return to Ireland next month to meet Celtic supporters in Dublin and Lurgan.

The former Northern Ireland captain is all too aware of what the Glasgow club means in his homeland and appealed to fans to give him time to demonstrate his commitment to the role of manager.

"Growing up, you always want to make your family proud and that never leaves you as you grow older and I think I've achieved that," said Lennon.

"I want to put a team out there that they can all admire and follow.

"It takes a while and I've got to be patient. They've got to show a wee bit of patience with us as well, but I'm determined to do it."

Lennon talking up Irish connection, good to see after all the club has done over previous years to dilute this link,

From : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8739641.stm
    Neil Lennon believes his Irish roots makes his appointment as Celtic manager all the more significant.

The Lurgan-born former Celtic captain was confirmed as manager last week after taking interim charge as caretaker at the end of the season.

"I'm very proud," Lennon told Celtic's television station, Channel 67.

"I know a lot of people back home will be very pleased and proud for me as well," said Lennon. "I want to make them as proud as I am."

In a series of question and answer sessions, Lennon will return to Ireland next month to meet Celtic supporters in Dublin and Lurgan.

The former Northern Ireland captain is all too aware of what the Glasgow club means in his homeland and appealed to fans to give him time to demonstrate his commitment to the role of manager.

"Growing up, you always want to make your family proud and that never leaves you as you grow older and I think I've achieved that," said Lennon.

"I want to put a team out there that they can all admire and follow.

"It takes a while and I've got to be patient. They've got to show a wee bit of patience with us as well, but I'm determined to do it."

LOL yeah they diluted it so much they started bringing out famine memorial shirts :p

LOL yeah they diluted it so much they started bringing out famine memorial shirts :p

The reason for this special commemorative badge is to remember why Celtic was founded. It is not talked up. It is just in rememberance of the clubs foundation.

I seem to remember rangers wearing a Tangerine (orange) away jersey for a season even though they offically have no link to this colour and it was linked only to sectarianism. rangers have no direct link to any part of Ireland were as Celtic have direct links eg, the founder Bro. Wilfred. So there is no reason for Celtic (Lennon) not to talk up its Irish connection.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20021006/ai_n12580288/

Rangers-02-Orange.jpg

The reason for this special commemorative badge is to remember why Celtic was founded. It is not talked up. It is just in rememberance of the clubs foundation.

I seem to remember rangers wearing a Tangerine (orange) away jersey for a season even though they offically have no link to this colour and it was linked only to sectarianism. rangers have no direct link to any part of Ireland were as Celtic have direct links eg, the founder Bro. Wilfred. So there is no reason for Celtic (Lennon) not to talk up its Irish connection.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20021006/ai_n12580288/

Rangers-02-Orange.jpg

Why are you bringing sectarianism into it as for your founder I know who he was he was also the man that stated one of the main reasons for founding the club was to keep young RC boys away from the influences of Protestants.

Now as for Celtic not talking up Ireland Nonsense and if your club was so interested in remembering the famine for anything else other than commercial reasons why is it only in recent years that they have started commemorating it.

Once again there is no need to bring sectarianism into it I for one didn't like it when that top was brought out

Why are you bringing sectarianism into it as for your founder I know who he was he was also the man that stated one of the main reasons for founding the club was to keep young RC boys away from the influences of Protestants.

Now as for Celtic not talking up Ireland Nonsense and if your club was so interested in remembering the famine for anything else other than commercial reasons why is it only in recent years that they have started commemorating it.

National famine day was only started in 2009, so Celtic have remembered it from its creation. Therefore how is it for commercial reasons?

I think it would be a bit hard to remember a day that did not exist before 2009 :confused:.
    Once again there is no need to bring sectarianism into it I for one didn't like it when that top was brought out

What I've pointed out is fact, it is the basic differences between the two clubs, Celtic has always from it's foundation been open to all sides of the community no matter there faith. Rangers did not allow a Catholic into the club after WW1 until Mo Johnston in '89, let's also not forget that a vice-chairman was openly sectarian & had to resign.

Thank God for Souness who tried to quash the divide,( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C.)

"Until Graeme Souness signed former Celtic player Mo Johnston, in 1989, Rangers were said by him to have had an "unwritten policy"[41] of not signing any player who was Catholic;[42] although Johnston was by no means the first Catholic to sign for the club,[43] he was the first openly Catholic, high-profile player to sign for them since World War I.[44]

In 1999, Rangers' vice-chairman Donald Findlay was forced to resign after he was filmed singing sectarian songs[45] (The Billy Boys) at an event organised by a Rangers Supporters Club. In his resignation letter, Findlay described the incident as "a serious misjudgment". He said his conduct "was not acceptable" and he regretted any harm done to the club's reputation"

• Advertisement

National famine day was only started in 2009, so Celtic have remembered it from its creation. Therefore how is it for commercial reasons?

I think it would be a bit hard to remember a day that did not exist before 2009 :confused:.

What I've pointed out is fact, it is the basic differences between the two clubs, Celtic has always from it's foundation been open to all sides of the community no matter there faith. Rangers did not allow a Catholic into the club after WW1 until Mo Johnston in '89, let's also not forget that a vice-chairman was openly sectarian & had to resign.

Thank God for Souness who tried to quash the divide,( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C.)

"Until Graeme Souness signed former Celtic player Mo Johnston, in 1989, Rangers were said by him to have had an "unwritten policy"[41] of not signing any player who was Catholic;[42] although Johnston was by no means the first Catholic to sign for the club,[43] he was the first openly Catholic, high-profile player to sign for them since World War I.[44]

In 1999, Rangers' vice-chairman Donald Findlay was forced to resign after he was filmed singing sectarian songs[45] (The Billy Boys) at an event organised by a Rangers Supporters Club. In his resignation letter, Findlay described the incident as "a serious misjudgment". He said his conduct "was not acceptable" and he regretted any harm done to the club's reputation"

Of course Celtic could not have remembered this terrible occasion before 2009 ;)

I don't think any Rangers fans will deny the past but most of us want to move on I notice how convenient it is that the fact during the Kelly/White reign at your club one of your Chairman made a telling statement that if he could field an all RC team he would have.

I am not going to keep arguing this with you as I said most of us want to move on

Of course Celtic could not have remembered this terrible occasion before 2009 ;)

I don't think any Rangers fans will deny the past but most of us want to move on I notice how convenient it is that the fact during the Kelly/White reign at your club one of your Chairman made a telling statement that if he could field an all RC team he would have.

I am not going to keep arguing this with you as I said most of us want to move on

Broxi Bear no matter what arguement is put up by one side there will also be a counter arguement from the other, we'll just have to wait and see how things pan out over the next 10-15 years.....:)

Broxi Bear no matter what arguement is put up by one side there will also be a counter arguement from the other, we'll just have to wait and see how things pan out over the next 10-15 years.....:)

Agreed mate no doubt in the coming season we will have our disagreements lets hope they are all football related

Wow, quiet around here these days!

Not much happening at the moment, we're in the trough of the transfer season and compounded this year by the World Cup. Some good friendlies in July (most noteably Arsenal, United, Lyon and Sporting Lisbon) bringing us up to our 3rd round CL qualifiers on 27/28th July and 3rd/4th Aug.

A lot will depend on McGeady also and whether he stays or goes. Would like him to stay myself, but then again if an offer of £8m or more came in, it would be snapped up and rightly so. Not sure what'll happen with Boruc, but I'm not too worried there as Zaluska is as good as Boruc has been the last couple of seasons. Boruc was immense when he signed for us, but hasn't been anywhere near his best the past two seasons.

Only thing I've read is that it looks unlikely we'll be keeping N'Guemo, and that Samaras might be for the off.

Hopefully we'll have some action in the next couple of weeks as it's getting close to pre-season at this stage. I expect to see a team gunning to get the title back, and at least making progress in Europe. Don't expect we'll qualify for the CL, but I fully expect a big improvement in the Europa League.

Hopefully we'll have some action in the next couple of weeks as it's getting close to pre-season at this stage. I expect to see a team gunning to get the title back, and at least making progress in Europe. Don't expect we'll qualify for the CL, but I fully expect a big improvement in the Europa League.

Todays rumours,

Bullard poised for Celtic talks, Hull City midfielder Jimmy Bullard is expected to hold signing talks with Celtic next week about a possible year-long loan. (BBC Celtic page)

Celtic launch an £800,000 bid for Sunderland striker Daryl Murphy, but the Republic of Ireland international is also wanted by Wolves. (Daily Star, Daily Express)

South Korean right-back Cha Du-Ri claims he is about to sign for Neil Lennon's side. (The Sun, The Herald)

However, Cardiff City's Joe Ledley won't be heading to Glasgow, with Stoke City and West Brom happy to meet the £2.5m asking price. (The Sun)

Todays rumours,

Bullard poised for Celtic talks, Hull City midfielder Jimmy Bullard is expected to hold signing talks with Celtic next week about a possible year-long loan. (BBC Celtic page)

Celtic launch an £800,000 bid for Sunderland striker Daryl Murphy, but the Republic of Ireland international is also wanted by Wolves. (Daily Star, Daily Express)

South Korean right-back Cha Du-Ri claims he is about to sign for Neil Lennon's side. (The Sun, The Herald)

However, Cardiff City's Joe Ledley won't be heading to Glasgow, with Stoke City and West Brom happy to meet the £2.5m asking price. (The Sun)

Sol Campbell in Glasgow apparently:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8772177.stm

South Korean right-back... hmmm... would have watched him closer during the WC had I known there were rumours. Hope Du-Ri is better than Du-Wei if the rumours are true! ;)

Quite depressing that we cannot compete for a Cardiff player against Stoke and WBA, but a sign of the times I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Not sure about Campell he is very slow these days and plus we have a couple of good young centre halves, What's the story with Liam Lawerence i think he would a good sighing for us he works hard and can cross the ball.

Todays News & Gossip,

Charlie Mulgrew back in paradise (celticfc.net)

Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan still wants to sign defender Stephen McManus from Celtic. (Various)

Koki Mizuno will end a miserable spell at Celtic by signing for Japanese club Kashiwa Reysol. (Daily Record)

Celtic may move for Burnley winger Chris Eagles if Aiden McGeady leaves in the summer. (Sun)

Spanish giants Atletico Madrid have joined the race to sign £1.8m rated Celtic striker Georgios Samaras. (Daily Express)

Celtic have parted company with reserve team coach Willie McStay. (Herald)

Am sad to hear Willie is gone, he has been a great servant to the club down the years.
    Also Vuvuzelas are coming to Parkhead.........They will be on sale from all offical stores towards the end of next week.
    Vuvuzela.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Todays News & Gossip,

Charlie Mulgrew back in paradise (celticfc.net)

Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan still wants to sign defender Stephen McManus from Celtic. (Various)

Koki Mizuno will end a miserable spell at Celtic by signing for Japanese club Kashiwa Reysol. (Daily Record)

Celtic may move for Burnley winger Chris Eagles if Aiden McGeady leaves in the summer. (Sun)

Spanish giants Atletico Madrid have joined the race to sign £1.8m rated Celtic striker Georgios Samaras. (Daily Express)

Celtic have parted company with reserve team coach Willie McStay. (Herald)

Am sad to hear Willie is gone, he has been a great servant to the club down the years.

Happy to get Mulgrew back, left under a cloud but I think Lennon will be the perfect influence for him. His dead ball ability is 2nd to none.

Mizuno was a complete flop, didnt adapt and an expensive lesson for the board when it comes to buying players for commercial reasons.

Keep McGeady, I dont think he's bothered about moving this summer, I think he'll want a season at least under Lennon before he goes from Celtic

I'd very happily take that amount for Samaras, his form is far too erratic.

Sad to see McStay go but what is Celtics story with the Reserve/Development Squad. 2 years ago this idea was ramping up, buying players and trying to do what Glenn Hoddles Academy in Spain is doing and all of a sudden the reserve league was shelved. Are they going to get rid of those development players? Are they going to create a B team in the lower divisions?

The initial idea was a good one but when the talks of the reserve league being scrapped first came up, they should have alot more than they did to secure regular football for these guys.

I'd like to see more action from Celtic, they've been too quiet since the Lennon announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Also Vuvuzelas are coming to Parkhead.........They will be on sale from all offical stores towards the end of next week.
    Vuvuzela.jpg

That had better be a photoshop...:mad:

That had better be a photoshop...:mad:

I'm afraid it's real......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Happy to get Mulgrew back, left under a cloud but I think Lennon will be the perfect influence for him. His dead ball ability is 2nd to none.
    Maybe so Dempsey, it's when the ball and the players are attacking him is where i'd have concerns

Maybe so Dempsey, it's when the ball and the players are attacking him is where i'd have concerns

I'd regard him as a wing back more so because he's definately not in teams for his defensive ability, its his left foot and how dangerous it is.

You rarely get fullbacks that equally adept at defending and attacking, those are in the world class bracket and well out of Celtics financial reach.

Celtic fullbacks are about their attacking threat more so than their defensive ability as we should be dominating possession and controlling games.

Considering that both Hinkel and Mulgrew are attacking fullbacks, our centre halves need to be quality + a DM smart enough to move across to cover if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I'd regard him as a wing back more so because he's definately not in teams for his defensive ability, its his left foot and how dangerous it is.

You rarely get fullbacks that equally adept at defending and attacking, those are in the world class bracket and well out of Celtics financial reach.

Celtic fullbacks are about their attacking threat more so than their defensive ability as we should be dominating possession and controlling games.

Considering that both Hinkel and Mulgrew are attacking fullbacks, our centre halves need to be quality + a DM smart enough to move across to cover if needed.
    that's what am trying to say, the centre halves haven't been good enough recently, and are being more exposed due to the threat coming in from the wings. i was up at pittodre twice and at CP for the aberdeen games last season and charlie bhoy was exposed on more than one occasion.
    admittedly, when he left in the first place i was kinda gutted as i'd like to have seen him given more of a chance, and deep down am delighted he's back and i hope and pray he can prove the doubters (myself included) wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Has there been any talk of Anthony Stokes heading to Parkhead?

This is a move which I thought was near inevitable this summer. It would be a great move for both player and club..... well maybe not Hibs.

Surely from a Celtic point of view they could do with Stokes' SPL strikerate if they want to get back on track in domestic terms. And from Stokes' perspective it would be ideal to get his career back on track, he does seem to have learned from past immaturities.

Has there been any talk of Anthony Stokes heading to Parkhead?

This is a move which I thought was near inevitable this summer. It would be a great move for both player and club..... well maybe not Hibs.

Surely from a Celtic point of view they could do with Stokes' SPL strikerate if they want to get back on track in domestic terms. And from Stokes' perspective it would be ideal to get his career back on track, he does seem to have learned from past immaturities.

From what I have heard Celtic want are interested in him but won't go for him until they feel he has his head sorted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

From what I have heard Celtic want are interested in him but won't go for him until they feel he has his head sorted
    how long is a piece of string (or some other psych-babble stuff)

Head sorting of footballers is definitely not a science:)

And even on occasion when there is temporary head sorting done

it is amazing how often this head returns to unsorted

I am sure that I have made all that perfectly clear ! ! !

blinding wrote: »
    how long is a piece of string (or some other psych-babble stuff)

Head sorting of footballers is definitely not a science:)

And even on occasion when there is temporary head sorting done

it is amazing how often this head returns to unsorted

I am sure that I have made all that perfectly clear ! ! !

As clear as mud ;)

Personally I hope he doesn't go to you lot as I think he is a handy wee player

• Advertisement

John Hughes is the only manager thats gotten any sort of form out of Anthony Stokes. Lennon would be from the same school of thought as Hughes so keeping his massive ego in check should be possible.

He's turned down Celtic before, I doubt the club would put them in a position to be turned down for a 2nd time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement