Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [warning post #417, 418]

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Latest rumours from here:
    Celtic have launched a bid to sign Mexico winger Pablo Barrera, who wants to leave Universidad Nacional in his homeland, and the 23-year-old was in Glasgow last week for talks after his side were knocked out of the World Cup. (the Sun)

Guinea full-back Ibrahima Camara will join Celtic on trial from French club Le Mans with a view to a permanent contract later this week along with Vojvodina and Montenegro midfielder Slaven Stjepanovic. (Daily Express)

Cardiff City midfielder Joe Ledley, who appeared likely to join Stoke, was back at Celtic Park for talks on Sunday and the Glasgow club are now favourites to beat City and West Brom to his signature. (Daily Record)

Celtic and Rangers could battle it out with French, Greek and Spanish clubs to land 27-year-old Swedish striker Markus Rosenberg, who is out-of-contract with Werder Bremen. (Daily Express)

Newcastle United and Bolton Wanderers are chasing released Celtic left-back Lee Naylor. (Daily Record)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Ledley would be a great signing for Celtic in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Ledley would be a great signing for Celtic in my view.

+1

Dutch midfielder George Boateng is training with Celtic with a view to signing for Neil Lennon's team.(BBC Sport)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

celticbest wrote: »
    Dutch midfielder George Boateng is training with Celtic with a view to signing for Neil Lennon's team.(BBC Sport)

If this is true it will be a fantastic signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

5 years ago he might have been a good signing but he's too old now imo

Badabing wrote: »
    5 years ago he might have been a good signing but he's too old now imo

Look at Weir with rangers, he'S 40 now & there for another season. Experience can do alot in the SPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think experience and winning menality are going to be brought in on short term whilst the younger players learn from them.

I think centre backs can continue to rely on experience when their legs go but a central midfielder?? a central midfielder like Boateng? Hmmm, I dunno. I cant see him being anything more than a squad player so his wages better reflect that.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has held fresh talks with Robbie Keane about a possible loan return for the Spurs striker. (Various)

Fingers crossed......

Celtic have opened talks with Scunthorpe over a £2m deal for striker Gary Hooper. (Daily Mail)

Could be a half decent striker, 43 goals in 80 Apperances.

Jimmy Bullard arrives for Celtic talks (BBC Sport)

He would be a good capture if he can stay injury free for the season.

It's official at last

Celtic have completed the signing of midfielder Joe Ledley on a four-year contract after the 23-year-old left Cardiff City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8805917.stm

• Advertisement

Some not so good news.......

Jimmy Bullard's proposed season-long loan move to Celtic has fallen through according to present club Hull City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8769927.stm

I wonder if Celtic will up the money a little to get him ??

Seems like Bullard wanted more money just to play for Celtic, glad he isnt coming.

Looks like Pearson said more than he should have, looks like they are desperate to get rid of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Disappointing news but I dont mind that much because I think that Zaluska is an excellent alternative to have.

I wonder if this mean that Frey is on the move or is Boruc going there as a backup?

Boruc is a Celtic legend,it's sad to see him go but we have a good replacement in Zaluska as said already here on this thread. Delighted Ledley has signed,a top class signing for the club. I never really rated Bullard so i'm not too bothered on the club missing out on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Boruc is a Celtic legend,it's sad to see him go but we have a good replacement in Zaluska as said already here on this thread. Delighted Ledley has signed,a top class signing for the club. I never really rated Bullard so i'm not too bothered on the club missing out on him.

Go on tell me why he is legend :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »

Fair enough Ziggy I will agree when he was on his game he was a top keeper but you know as well as I do that there are a lot of Celtic fans out there who see him as a legend for totally different reasons ;)

Fair enough Ziggy I will agree when he was on his game he was a top keeper but you know as well as I do that there are a lot of Celtic fans out there who see him as a legend for totally different reasons ;)

Much the same as a lot of Rangers fans class Barry Ferguson as a legend for reasons other than football!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Is there any more news on the Pablo Barrera move, i see a lot of talk of West Ham being after him too. Just looking into him and he looks like he would be a great signing. I was kind of hoping that McGeady, for his own sake and for Irelands sake that he moved on to another club to help him develop as a player but if we get Pablo Barrera i think the 2 of them would work great together, swapping sides, running at defenders, they would be impossible to look after. Fingers crossed he makes the move to Celtic Park.

Just a clip from the WC of him too

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/bestmove/video/video=1268883/index.html

:D

• Advertisement

Talk gone quite on a move for Barrera but in my opinion he would be a great buy for Celtic. Aiden McGeady didn't travel to the USA with the Celtic squad due to injury however the probability is that he's on his way out of Celtic Park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

McManus has joined Middlesbrough on a 3 year deal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8789481.stm

McManus has joined Middlesbrough on a 3 year deal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8789481.stm

Surprised that Celtic are authorizing sales before buying in their replacements.

We are now short in keepers and defenders with preseason underway.

Much the same as a lot of Rangers fans class Barry Ferguson as a legend for reasons other than football!

He is not a legend in my eyes never will be and to be fair I don't have a clue what you are alluding to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

What reasons might those be?? Hating your club perhaps??? That'll do for me for starters.

What reasons might those be?? Hating your club perhaps??? That'll do for me for starters.

He can hate my club all he wants couldn't care less about that and are you deliberately being obtuse ;)

He blessed himself at Ibrox and because the fans were completely intolerant of his religious views and became aggressive he got an official police warning for breach of the peace. I suppose he's considered a legend by some because he showed how stupid Rangers fans and the police could be when it comes to dealing with different religious beliefs and culture. :pac:

He's considered one of the best keepers in the clubs history because of his performances and more notably, his one v one shot stopping. The collapse of his marriage saw his form plummet over the last 2 seasons by comparsion but people wont forget things like his penalty saves against Man United and Dinamo Moscow and his performance against Milan

Probably his finest hour

The save against Seedorf's free kick was unreal

Dempsey wrote: »
    Surprised that Celtic are authorizing sales before buying in their replacements.

We are now short in keepers and defenders with preseason underway.

Goalkeepers - Lukasz Zaluska, Dominic Cervi

Both good keepers, maybe one more, from the youths could be brought up?

Defenders - Andreas Hinkel, Mark Wilson, Milan Misun, Jos Hooiveld, Charlie Mulgrew, Glenn Loovens, Thomas Rogne, Cha Do-Ri, Josh Thompson, Darren O'Dea, Paul Caddis.

Plenty of defenders but not to much quality & IMO losing McManus doesn't mean we've lost any quality.

We could defo do with at least one centre half if not two.

Hinkel has been steady at right back and we have Mark Wilson as cover, I know Cha Do-Ri is named as a defender but I can see him being used as a right winger in front of Hinkel.

We'll have to wait and see how Charlie Mulgrew gets on at left back but we still need another player as cover incase he's playing badly or gets injured.

I suspect Lenny has his eyes on a few defenders and now we've got some money in for both Arthur & McManus he should have a few quid to spend on some half decent defenders.

He blessed himself at Ibrox and because the fans were completely intolerant of his religious views and became aggressive he got an official police warning for breach of the peace. I suppose he's considered a legend by some because he showed how stupid Rangers fans and the police could be when it comes to dealing with different religious beliefs and culture. :pac:

He's considered one of the best keepers in the clubs history because of his performances and more notably, his one v one shot stopping. The collapse of his marriage saw his form plummet over the last 2 seasons by comparsion but people wont forget things like his penalty saves against Man United and Dinamo Moscow and his performance against Milan

Probably his finest hour

The save against Seedorf's free kick was unreal

He can bless himself all he wants but I think you will find he got the warning for his aggressive behavior ie making a gesture with his hand you know the one I mean but hey don't let the truth spoil a good story

• Advertisement

Goalkeepers - Lukasz Zaluska, Dominic Cervi

Both good keepers, maybe one more, from the youths could be brought up?

Defenders - Andreas Hinkel, Mark Wilson, Milan Misun, Jos Hooiveld, Charlie Mulgrew, Glenn Loovens, Thomas Rogne, Cha Do-Ri, Josh Thompson, Darren O'Dea, Paul Caddis.

Plenty of defenders but not to much quality & IMO losing McManus doesn't mean we've lost any quality.

We could defo do with at least one centre half if not two.

Hinkel has been steady at right back and we have Mark Wilson as cover, I know Cha Do-Ri is named as a defender but I can see him being used as a right winger in front of Hinkel.

We'll have to wait and see how Charlie Mulgrew gets on at left back but we still need another player as cover incase he's playing badly or gets injured.

I suspect Lenny has his eyes on a few defenders and now we've got some money in for both Arthur & McManus he should have a few quid to spend on some half decent defenders.

Alot of mediocrity there

I reckon that Hinkel will be sold, his contract is in its final year and he has signaled that he wants to return to Germany to improve his chances of playing in the NT.

He can bless himself all he wants but I think you will find he got the warning for his aggressive behavior ie making a gesture with his hand you know the one I mean but hey don't let the truth spoil a good story

Ah yes, the police came out and said that he was cautioned for smiling and making a "come on" gesture to the crowd after they reacted badly to him blessing himself. The police and crown office werent going to admit their mistake/stupidity but you believe what you like.

Are you trying to make out that the ibrox crowd didnt react badly to him blessing himself?

Alot of mediocrity there

I reckon that Hinkel will be sold, his contract is in its final year and he has signaled that he wants to return to Germany to improve his chances of playing in the NT.

Ah yes, the police came out and said that he was cautioned for smiling and making a "come on" gesture to the crowd after they reacted badly to him blessing himself. The police and crown office werent going to admit their mistake/stupidity but you believe what you like.

Are you trying to make out that the ibrox crowd didnt react badly to him blessing himself?

Where did I say anything of the sort and it wasn't only a come on gesture but of course you will believe what you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

He is not a legend in my eyes never will be and to be fair I don't have a clue what you are alluding to
    Novo is/was seen by many in your support as some kind of legend. why?? because he went to yous when there was offers (supposedly) from Celtic too.
    novo is the same one who dropped his shorts to his knees in front of the aberdeen fans. we could debate all day about whether blessing yourself or dropping your drawers is more offensive.

anyway. did someone up there say we got 3.5 million for teh holy goalie?? i thought it was half that.
    welcome to the club Joe Ledley. jimmy bullard, if he wants to come make it a pay as you play deal.

hail hail, looking forward to the new season.

Where did I say anything of the sort and it wasn't only a come on gesture but of course you will believe what you want

Thats what the police said he did, thats what the police said they warned him about

Novo is was seen by many in your support as some kind of legend. why?? because he went to yous when there was offers (supposedly) from Celtic too.

novo is the same one who dropped his shorts to his knees in front of the aberdeen fans. we could debate all day about whether blessing yourself or dropping your drawers is more offensive.

anyway. did someone up there say we got 3.5 million for teh holy goalie?? i thought it was half that.
    welcome to the club Joe Ledley. jimmy bullard, if he wants to come make it a pay as you play deal.

hail hail, looking forward to the new season.

Eh we were talking about Ferguson as for Novo he is not a legend he maybe be a cult hero but not a legend.
    No where did I say blessing himself was offensive and Novo dropping his shorts was stupid you seem to be reading things that aren't there :p

The UK Times newspaper states that it was for Blessing himself,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article620899.ece

• Advertisement

erweh5.jpg
    144a0p1.jpg
    245yr7q.jpg
    and my favourite
    zu2zd0.jpg

The UK Times newspaper states that it was for Blessing himself,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article620899.ece

That article would be 'wrong' :pac:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/5292656.stm

Your right :p

Your in the minority so. The next thing you'll be telling me is Andy Goram is'nt a legend either:rolleyes:

Your in the minority so. The next thing you'll be telling me is Andy Goram is'nt a legend either:rolleyes:

No I am not in the minority and as far as I am concerned Goram was a great keeper but there is no way I would class him as a legend due to his of field behavior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Oh FFS.....this is going to be like a month long international week isnt it?

No I am not in the minority and as far as I am concerned Goram was a great keeper but there is no way I would class him as a legend due to his of field behavior

Novo would be classed a cult hero by many Rangers fans if you ask me, always turned up for big matches. He never started enough games in a season to be considered anything more.

Whether you like it or not though, Goram is classed as a club legend at Rangers.

Still waiting for confirmation of Boruc's transfer

Checked the Daily Record's website (I know, I know) and I saw this

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2010/07/13/celtic-move-was-tempting-but-i-couldn-t-leave-premiership-for-spl-admits-steven-reid-86908-22409759/
    WEST BROM midfielder Steven Reid admits the standard of the SPL was the main reason he opted out of a summer move to Celtic.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/05/25/celtic-target-steven-reid-s-move-to-parkhead-in-doubt-after-midfielder-fails-medical-86908-22283550/
    STEVEN REID'S shock move to Celtic is in the balance after doctors failed to give the injury-plagued Republic of Ireland midfielder a clean bill of health.

Did he choose WBA over Celtic or did he fail a medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

According to a Celtic supporters website tonight Celtic are on the verge of signing Mexican World Cup midfielder Efrain Juarez. They got their info off a Mexican newspaper. Link to story http://www.record.com.mx/node/10297.

According to today's Scottish Sun Neil Lennon last night claimed he was closing in on the signing of Juarez while his agent claimed that the player wanted to play in England or Spain?

In the same newspaper Lennon also said the door was still open for Bullard to move to Celtic and Sol Campbell is still a signing he would like to make.

According to today's Scottish Sun Neil Lennon last night claimed he was closing in on the signing of Juarez while his agent claimed that the player wanted to play in England or Spain?

In the same newspaper Lennon also said the door was still open for Bullard to move to Celtic and Sol Campbell is still a signing he would like to make.
    you will get more facts during a drunken session in any Dublin pub than you'll get from those two papers.

pinchofsalt csc no1

Celtic have completed the signing of Mexico World Cup full-back Efrain Juarez in a £4m deal from UNAM Pumas subject to a medical and work permit. (the Herald)

I hope this is correct...

Poland goalkeeper Artur Boruc wants a pay off of about £700,000 from Celtic before completing a £3m transfer to Fiorentina. (Daily Record)

Does he not get a percentage of any transfer fee already :confused:
    I know this is from the Daily H*n so it's probably just to bad mouth Boruc one last time before he goes.

Celtic will sign a replacement for goalkeeper Artur Boruc and have sounded out Coventry about Keiren Westwood and Preston over Andy Lonergan. (Daily Express)

Neither of these would be a replacement for Boruc, they would only be back-up to Zaluska at best.

According to the Glasgow Evening Times website Juarez is set to sign for Celtic in a £4 million deal which is the same story as in the Hearld as posted by celticbest. These 2 newspapers would be a lot more reliable than the Scottish record and the sun. As for the link I posted originally on Juarez signing that story came from the record newspaper in Mexico!

Celtic have completed the signing of Mexico World Cup full-back Efrain Juarez in a £4m deal from UNAM Pumas subject to a medical and work permit. (the Herald)

I hope this is correct...

Poland goalkeeper Artur Boruc wants a pay off of about £700,000 from Celtic before completing a £3m transfer to Fiorentina. (Daily Record)

Does he not get a percentage of any transfer fee already :confused:
    I know this is from the Daily H*n so it's probably just to bad mouth Boruc one last time before he goes.

Celtic will sign a replacement for goalkeeper Artur Boruc and have sounded out Coventry about Keiren Westwood and Preston over Andy Lonergan. (Daily Express)

Neither of these would be a replacement for Boruc, they would only be back-up to Zaluska at best.

Efrain Juarez will take a while so, work permit will drag out for weeks.

I knew Boruc was after one last big payday but that is ridiculous. He can **** off.

Neither those players are better than Zaluska but would expect to be considered no.1's to move so I why Lennon/Celtic are wasting their time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement