Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [warning post #417, 418]

1353637383941»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Celtic got beat 1-0 last night by Philadelphia Union in the first game of their American tour. According to the Guardian Celtic are interested in signing Nottingham Forest defender Kevin Wilson. According to Sky Sports Celtic are interested in Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Lee Grant.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Sorry to see Boruc go. At his peak, an absolutely fantastic keeper, and one of the main reasons why Celtic managed to qualify out of the CL groups to the last 16 twice in a row. Struggled the last couple of seasons and was clearly not at his best since his break up.

Whether he should be called a legend or not is something I would not waste time arguing about, especially with Rangers fans.

Either way, it's not often you get to see such good players in the hoops and I'll miss seeing him in goal for us, but I think it is the right time for both him and the club to part company.

Won't ever forget the likes of this though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbo99hW4yjM

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/835194-david-james-closes-on-celtic-transfer-as-artur-boruc-makes-fiorentina-move

Looks like we might be after james? to be honest i'm happy enough with zaluska and would prefer investment to be made in the outfield department. anyone see the philly match last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    Sorry to see Boruc go. At his peak, an absolutely fantastic keeper, and one of the main reasons why Celtic managed to qualify out of the CL groups to the last 16 twice in a row. Struggled the last couple of seasons and was clearly not at his best since his break up.

Whether he should be called a legend or not is something I would waste time arguing about, especially with Rangers fans.

Either way, it's not often you get to see such good players in the hoops and I'll miss seeing him in goal for us, but I think it is the right time for both him and the club to part company.

Won't ever forget the likes of this though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbo99hW4yjM

Aw something upset you recently Paul ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Efrain Juarez confirmed pending work permit & medical

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8820467.stm

I wouldnt be bothered with James either unless he's cheap and wanting to compete for the no.1 slot. He shouldnt be signed as an automatic no.1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

anyone see the philly match last night?

Sounded like the typical start to pre-season to me from what I read in the Record this morning. Right pick-n-mix of a team.
    They pressed in injury-time but substitute Ben Hutchinson twice failed to find the net from close range after Andreas Hinkel's shot was blocked, and the former Middlesbrough striker then glanced a header off the underside of the bar.

Have to admit though, I had forgotten all about him! :eek:

Official report:
    http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_150710031934.aspx

I would be quite happy with Zaluska as number 1 choice goalie,I don't think the club should be bothered with David James.

Daryl Murphy looks poised to sign for Celtic from Sunderland in a £1.3 million deal according to various media sources tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

dartbhoy wrote: »
    I would be quite happy with Zaluska as number 1 choice goalie,I don't think the club should be bothered with David James.

+1, James is to old now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Big day today, Champions League Qualifying Draw.

Celtic's potential Champions League qualifying opponents today are Ajax, Dynamo Kiev, Fenerbahce, Sporting Braga, Zenit St Petersburg.

Who do you fancy us getting ?
    I think I'd like us to get Sporting Braga.

celticbest wrote: »
    Big day today, Champions League Qualifying Draw.

Celtic's potential Champions League qualifying opponents today are Ajax, Dynamo Kiev, Fenerbahce, Sporting Braga, Zenit St Petersburg.

Who do you fancy us getting ?
    I think I'd like us to get Sporting Braga.

I'd be very happy if we got Sporting Braga but once we avoid Zenit St Petersburg we'll do allright,I regard them as probably the best seeded team in that group of teams we could possibly play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

New Thread [thread=2055970857]Here[/thread]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement