Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [warning post #417, 418]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Hard luck lads, what a shocker of a decision, we dont always see eye to eye on this forum, but I think we can agree that was one of the most blatent dives to win a penalty that football has ever seen....

Probably not going to change overall result, but not the point. It was impossible for Celtic to come back from that, the sense of injustice you would feel. Celtic had to score first to have even a small chance..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Brewster wrote: »
    Hard luck lads, what a shocker of a decision, we dont always see eye to eye on this forum, but I think we can agree that was one of the most blatent dives to win a penalty that football has ever seen....

Yeah Brewster, I wonder if Wenger will stick to his word that all divers should be suspended??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4842424.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

celticbest wrote: »
    Yeah Brewster, I wonder if Wenger will stick to his word that all divers should be suspended??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4842424.stm

In work so cant access the link but if its the same article i read previously Wenger does go on to say that he would never publically reprimand one of he's own players for doing it, but I can assure you that what Wenger says in public and private are two very different things I have it on pretty reliable info ( knew a trainee there at the time) that when Pires dived a few seasons back Wenger launched into an attack on him on the training ground, and Pires left the club shortly after, I would love to see Wenger coming out and banning Eduardo from tyhe first team squad for a set number of games but it wont happen, he will deal with it in private(if at all). But then that doesnt make him any different to any other manager Ferguson, Benitez, Mourinho have all had divers in there teams and choose to ignore it.

In fact I wouod go as far as saying that Mourinho actively encourages it anyone doubting this I refer them to Porto in the UEFA cup final against Celtic, some of the carry on of their players that night was disgracefull.

Brewster, can you see what I was talking about re. Fortune now? Himself and Donati were a shambles last night (donati both legs) I actually didnt know to laugh or cry when Donati scored he was imo the worst player over the two legs, nice finish though. I think Fortune was trying to get Wenger to buy him, he was saying ''look i can be offside just as much as Adebayor was last season'' :rolleyes:

I thought McGeadey was excellent again last night and Celtic's best player over ther two legs, but again RTE well more particularly Johnny Giles did nothing but criticise him it was actually funny every time Arsenal were attacking and they were analysing it all Giles would say was ''see mcgeady should be tracking back there, roll it on ther still no sign of him'' ffs he never once mentioned Brown, Donati or Maloney who were also playing in Midfield and were'nt offering near as much as Aiden going forward.

Anyway I'll take Arsene Wengers endorsement over Gile's criticism anyday I think we all know which of them has a better understanding of the game.

Brewster, can you see what I was talking about re. Fortune now? Himself and Donati were a shambles last night (donati both legs) I actually didnt know to laugh or cry when Donati scored he was imo the worst player over the two legs, nice finish though. I think Fortune was trying to get Wenger to buy him, he was saying ''look i can be offside just as much as Adebayor was last season'' :rolleyes:

I thought McGeadey was excellent again last night and Celtic's best player over ther two legs, but again RTE well more particularly Johnny Giles did nothing but criticise him it was actually funny every time Arsenal were attacking and they were analysing it all Giles would say was ''see mcgeady should be tracking back there, roll it on ther still no sign of him'' ffs he never once mentioned Brown, Donati or Maloney who were also playing in Midfield and were'nt offering near as much as Aiden going forward.

Anyway I'll take Arsene Wengers endorsement over Gile's criticism anyday I think we all know which of them has a better understanding of the game.

Time will tell re Fortune, I would have thought the fact he cost so much money would have indicated he can operate at a fairly high level. Still think he needs time to settle in. If he doesn't prove himself, its a fairly expensive mistake I would have thought. I guess Celtic fans will see how he performs in Europa League campaign. To be honest, I dont think Scott Brown did anything last night. I am not sure he is as good as some Celtic fans would have you believe, I believe if I was a premiership manager looking at Brown last night Id be scouting more targets before signing an 8m cheque for him....

Hi Brewster, copy of article from the BBC Website :

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has called on referees to stamp out diving by suspending guilty players.
    Chelsea's Shaun Wright-Phillips is the latest Premiership player to be accused of diving in order to get an opposition player sent off.

And Wenger said: "We have to fight it and there is only one way to punish people diving obviously: suspension.

"Once it is in the game it is difficult to get it out. Once a guy knows he might be punished he will not dive."

Wright-Phillips was accused of diving in Chelsea's 1-0 FA Cup quarter-final win on Wednesday and Newcastle defender Robbie Elliott was sent off.

"My view without going into any individual case is that we are all as managers to fight against it," Wenger said.

"Sometimes the players dive just because they pushed the ball too far and the only way to get something out of the situation is to dive.

"We are all managers who can never say that one of our players has not dived. Nobody can say that in our league.

"I can say that when my team are not involved I am 100% against it."

Arsenal were at the centre of a diving controversy two seasons ago when midfielder Robert Pires won a penalty against Portsmouth to seal a home draw.

Is the Line in red what you were talking about?

I wouldn't mind getting 8m for Brown, with N'Guemo & if Robson can stay injury free once he's back I think this would be a solid midfield. If the 8m was used to get in a half descent forward it would much improve Celtic's change in the Uefa Europa League.

Also I hear that Celtic would be willing to let McManus out on loan, this would be a great idea 'cause in my opinion his displays last season lost Celtic the league, he was the cause of far too many sloppy goals over the course of the season. Strachan had'nt got the balls to drop him because he was 'Captain'.

I fimly believe that Tony will not fall into this trap, I believe that he has a game plan for all matches and it doesn't matter who you are he will only pick people on merit.

I wouldn't mind getting 8m for Brown, with N'Guemo & if Robson can stay injury free once he's back I think this would be a solid midfield. If the 8m was used to get in a half descent forward it would much improve Celtic's change in the Uefa Europa League.

Also I hear that Celtic would be willing to let McManus out on loan, this would be a great idea 'cause in my opinion his displays last season lost Celtic the league, he was the cause of far too many sloppy goals over the course of the season. Strachan had'nt got the balls to drop him because he was 'Captain'.

I fimly believe that Tony will not fall into this trap, I believe that he has a game plan for all matches and it doesn't matter who you are he will only pick people on merit.

Wit todays crazy money been thrown about i would not be happy to see Scot Brown go for £8m definitely worth more than that in todays current market.

Dont think we have enough cover to be allowing McManus out on loan tbh, yes he had a mare of a season by he's own standards last year but with the way Caldwell is playing at the moment dodnt think it would be a wise move.

"I can say that when my team are not involved I am 100% against it."

Arsenal were at the centre of a diving controversy two seasons ago when midfielder Robert Pires won a penalty against Portsmouth to seal a home draw.

Is the Line in red what you were talking about?

Yeah thats the one and after that he then lambasted Pires in private but wasnt willing to do it in public, which I think is pretty understandable and you can be sure some other managers wouldnt even go that far.

• Advertisement

Wit todays crazy money been thrown about i would not be happy to see Scot Brown go for £8m definitely worth more than that in todays current market.

Dont think we have enough cover to be allowing McManus out on loan tbh, yes he had a mare of a season by he's own standards last year but with the way Caldwell is playing at the moment dodnt think it would be a wise move.

So you think hes a 10m pound player!? Just can't see this based on his two performances against Arsenal, that sort of money could be better spent elsewhere. For 10m Id want a player who would show more in big games. Brown may well be a stand out in SPL, but he must be judged at very highest level.

So you think hes a 10m pound player!? Just can't see this based on his two performances against Arsenal, that sort of money could be better spent elsewhere. For 10m Id want a player who would show more in big games. Brown may well be a stand out in SPL, but he must be judged at very highest level.

Similarily you cant judge him on just two games either especially considering he has just returned from injury, I have seen him play in the Champions League before and also for Scotland and imo he is worth in excess of £10m in todays climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Brown is worth more at least £10m imo.

As premierstone said you can't judge a player over a couple of games. Brown played last night exactly as he did against St Johnstone on Saturday. He was decent last night but can offer a lot more and has done so in Europe a few times. Milan, Shakhtar, Benfica, Villarreal and others.

The Europa league is looking strong this year. Celtic in Pot 2. Pot 1 teams:

Werder Bremen
    Villarreal
    AS Roma
    PSV Eindhoven
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Zenit St. Petersburg
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hamburger SV
    Benfica
    Valencia
    Panathinaikos
    Ajax

Villa, Lazio, Hertha Berlin, Bilbao, Fulham, Twente, Toulouse and others in Pot 3 and 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

:eek: Thats a pretty good standard of teams there. I was trying to pick out teams to avoid and its no easy task.

If i had to pick ones to avoid it would be
    Valencia
    Roma
    Villa Real
    Villa
    Lazio.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well I think we've managed to avoid Villa anyway... ;-)

Looks like Donati is for the off:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8225760.stm

Probably for the best, never worked out for the lad. As much as I appreciated his late goal the other day, he was poor in the first leg v. Arsenal and not much better in the 2nd leg.

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Well I think we've managed to avoid Villa anyway... ;-)

Looks like Donati is for the off:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8225760.stm

Probably for the best, never worked out for the lad. As much as I appreciated his late goal the other day, he was poor in the first leg v. Arsenal and not much better in the 2nd leg.

Fantastic bit of business for Celtic if they can get any sort of fee for him. The guy is heartless, had no right to wear Celtic shirt. Get him punted ASAP... Maybe he can convince his friend Georgios to go with him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

eirebhoy wrote: »
    The Europa league is looking strong this year. Celtic in Pot 2. Pot 1 teams:

Werder Bremen
    Villarreal
    AS Roma
    PSV Eindhoven
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Zenit St. Petersburg
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hamburger SV
    Benfica
    Valencia
    Panathinaikos
    Ajax

Villa, Lazio, Hertha Berlin, Bilbao, Fulham, Twente, Toulouse and others in Pot 3 and 4.

?? Where'd you get that list? Zenit St Petersberg got knocked out yesterday by Nacional! Steaua Bucureşti are the other Pot 1 team you forgot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Latest list is on Bert's site:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedel2009.html

Some excellent sides in the mix, really looking forward to this. I feel the Europa League is something Celtic can do well in, and the format is much better/fairer this year I think.

Some foes from recent CL games in pot 1 there also - Shakhtar, Benfica, Villareal.

I see the speculated move of this Korean midfielder looks like it's happening for definite in Jan. Anyone seen him play?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8219721.stm

Let's hope he brings a bit of creativity with him.

From Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ki_Sung-Yong
    He is known for the accuracy and range of his passes, vision, set-pieces, and technique.

We're in need of a decent set-piece player (Maloney has not impressed me on that score since his return I have to say) and a good passer... well goes without saying really.

Hope he's a good 'un.

I see the speculated move of this Korean midfielder looks like it's happening for definite in Jan. Anyone seen him play?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8219721.stm

Let's hope he brings a bit of creativity with him.

From Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ki_Sung-Yong

We're in need of a decent set-piece player (Maloney has not impressed me on that score since his return I have to say) and a good passer... well goes without saying really.

Hope he's a good 'un.

Never heard of him Paulo, I would be immediately concerned that this guy is a commercial signing to sell shirts.... Whether he can actually play at a high standard may be questionable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Draw is on the UEFA website now

Never heard of him Paulo, I would be immediately concerned that this guy is a commercial signing to sell shirts.... Whether he can actually play at a high standard may be questionable.
    I don't really care if it's a commercial signing. He still has to be good enough.

Thats what they said about Naka aswell and that didnt turn out too bad indeed actually reading he's bio he sounds just like a younger version of Naka, heres hoping ;)

Tough group for Celtic.

Hamburg
    Celtic
    Hapoel Tel Aviv
    Rapid Vienna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads, if any of you are thinking of travelling to one of those games I really recommend Tel Aviv, we had a great time with Spurs there two years ago.

Just don't act the bollox going through immigration...:P

Lads, if any of you are thinking of travelling to one of those games I really recommend Tel Aviv, we had a great time with Spurs there two years ago.

Dont know if Celtic fans would get the same reception as Spurs fans in Israel somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

And its probably wise to leave the Palestine flags and banners at home ;)

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Tough group for Celtic.

Hamburg
    Celtic
    Hapoel Tel Aviv
    Rapid Vienna

Hopefully there are plenty of points to be picked up to help co-efficient. Hearts started the fightback last night...

Celtic Europa Fixtures

17/9 Tel Aviv (A)

1/10 Rapid (H) 8.05pm

22/10 Hamburg (H) 8.05pm

5/11 Hamburg (A)

2/12 Tel Aviv (H) 8.05pm

17/12 Rapid (A)

Holland Squad:

Goalie: Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax), Piet Velthuizen (Vitesse), Michel Vorm (FC Utrecht)

Defence: Edson Braafheid (Bayern Munich), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord), John Heitinga (Atlético Madrid), Glenn Loovens (Celtic), Joris Mathijsen (Hamburger SV), André Ooijer (PSV), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax)

Midfield: Ibrahim Afellay (PSV), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), David Mendes da Silva (AZ), Stijn Schaars (AZ), Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale), Rafael van der Vaart (Real Madrid), Demy de Zeeuw (Ajax)

Attack: Eljero Elia (Hamburger SV), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (AC Milan), Dirk Kuijt (Liverpool), Robin van Persie (Arsenal) en Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)

• Advertisement

Arsene not a happy camper on the diving issue the other night! I sense a whole can of worms has been let opened up here!! Uefa are going to have to be very consistent here, theres not a game goes by where someone doesn't dive. Interesting times ahead..

Uefa should have come out and issued a dictate that anyone found diving should have been given a two match ban from now on. I think its a little unfair to target Eduardo in this way?

Just my two cents, what do you the Celtic fans think of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Hopefully there are plenty of points to be picked up to help co-efficient. Hearts started the fightback last night...

Never mind that stuff again. Hopefully plenty of points picked up to qualify for the knock out stages. The Hamburg away tie could be mental with the St Puali lads and Rapid Vienna...well we owe them one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I did a little digging, a win in the Europa legue group stage is e140,000 a draw e70,000. Also getting into the group stage teams get 1million. Compared to Champions League e800,000 for a win e400,000 for a draw.

Badabing wrote: »
    I did a little digging, a win in the Europa legue group stage is e140,000 a draw e70,000. Also getting into the group stage teams get 1million. Compared to Champions League e800,000 for a win e400,000 for a draw.

Massive difference in prize money, really shows Champions League is the only place to be and Europa League could become known as the Ditty Cup Mark 2!

Never mind that stuff again. Hopefully plenty of points picked up to qualify for the knock out stages. The Hamburg away tie could be mental with the St Puali lads and Rapid Vienna...well we owe them one.

Point taken....!

Yes Id imagine some of the fan interactions could be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

From a Bear that posts on here just like to say welcome I am sure we will have some interesting discussions over the coming seasons :p

A bear???

Re: the Larsson/jersey burning thing; is Henrik a prod?? That's news to me TBH! Makes no difference to 99% of Celtic fans though, I'm sure......weren't the majority of the Lisbon Lions protestants shur - 7 of the starting 11, or something like that?? Lots of Celtic players have been non-catholics, and as has been correctly pointed out by people on here, religion was never an important factor in signing players, unlike our friends in Ibrox.

TBH, the pro-catholicism that some Hoops fans carry on with is cringeworthy - ie, scarves with 'The Popes Eleven' printed on them.....makes me ****ing gag. I'm all for Celtic promoting their Irish roots, keeping their individualism, and being respectful of their traditions, but how can our fans have such loyalty to an organisation that has caused so much damage in our country.......do they not think of that at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

A_Fitz wrote: »
    A bear???

Re: the Larsson/jersey burning thing; is Henrik a prod?? That's news to me TBH! Makes no difference to 99% of Celtic fans though, I'm sure......weren't the majority of the Lisbon Lions protestants shur - 7 of the starting 11, or something like that?? Lots of Celtic players have been non-catholics, and as has been correctly pointed out by people on here, religion was never an important factor in signing players, unlike our friends in Ibrox.

TBH, the pro-catholicism that some Hoops fans carry on with is cringeworthy - ie, scarves with 'The Popes Eleven' printed on them.....makes me ****ing gag. I'm all for Celtic promoting their Irish roots, keeping their individualism, and being respectful of their traditions, but how can our fans have such loyalty to an organisation that has caused so much damage in our country.......do they not think of that at all??

Bear = Rangers fan and as a Celtic fan I would have thought you would know that :p

As for the Larsson thing all nonsense

As for the religion side of it I am an RC who follows Rangers and yes there was a period in our history when we didn't sign RC players it was wrong and has disappeared except by those who wish to use it as a big stick to beat RFC with

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Never heard that expression and I'm supporting Celtic for nearly 20yrs mate.

What are you doing supporting the bluenoses, as a matter of interest??

Don't mind that "stick to beat RFC" nonsense either - ye're one of the most racist and bigoted teams in football, and a lot of yer supporters are filth

What are you doing supporting the bluenoses, as a matter of interest??

Don't mind that "stick to beat RFC" nonsense either - ye're one of the most racist and bigoted teams in football, and a lot of yer supporters are filth

Well you must have led a sheltered life as a tic fan never to have heard that expression it comes from the Teddy bears = Gers just been shortened to Bears over the years

I have been supporting The Rangers for 50 years and I follow them because I want to.

And don't start with the Racist/Bigoted crap yes we have a section of fans who disgrace the club but so do most other teams Rangers as a football club have been working hard to eradicate the problem but as shown by the West Ham v Millwall game the other night these things just don't disappear

Now I am not going to have a fight with you and start all the crap that can I come on here for some discussion with the Celtic fans that post we get along fine most of the time so I don't intend to get a ban for arguing with you :p

• Advertisement

:eek:

Good result today, only caught the last 20 mins or so but was very tense.

McGeady sent off for diving, missed the incident but disappointed if he did actually dive.

Samaras should have made it 2-0 when one on one with the keeper. Actually had a great opportunity to pass it to Brown who'd have had an empty net. More and more impressed with Loovens this season, he has improved a lot I think. Flood looked decent when he came on also.

Boruc seems to have sorted his head out, he was superb today.

Anyway 6 points from 2 tough away fixtures, and a rare away clean sheet today. No complaints so far!

:eek:

Good result today, only caught the last 20 mins or so but was very tense.

McGeady sent off for diving, missed the incident but disappointed if he did actually dive.

Samaras should have made it 2-0 when one on one with the keeper. More and more impressed with Loovens this season, he has improved a lot I think. Flood looked decent when he came on also.

Boruc seems to have sorted his head out, he was superb today.

Anyway 6 points from 2 tough away fixtures, and a rare away clean sheet today. No complaints so far!

He did Paul and there was no need he hasn't done Celtic any favours after all the shouting about Eduardo diving.

As for Boruc he was outstanding it really pains me to say that but he was :eek::eek:

He did Paul and there was no need he hasn't done Celtic any favours after all the shouting about Eduardo diving

Like I say I haven't seen it, but it's been dealt with anyway as he got a second yellow and was off. Unfortunately for us, Eduardo's dive resulted in a penalty for Arsenal! Hardly comparable, so any comparison of the two situations is pointless.

I'm sure there'll be a few regulars (ahem) on here shortly to preach about McGeady though. ;)

Like I say I haven't seen it, but it's been dealt with anyway as he got a second yellow and was off. Unfortunately for us, Eduardo's dive resulted in a penalty for Arsenal! Hardly comparable, so any comparison of the two situations is pointless.

I'm sure there'll be a few regulars (ahem) on here shortly to preach about McGeady though. ;)

I don't have ESPN so I didn't see game. If he did dive, plonker of week award on the way to Parkhead for Aidan and I doubt even the most hard core Celtic fan would defend him, then again theres always a few who will!

As I said on this forum earlier in week, this diving stuff is going to open a large can of worms.......

Here you go Paul...
    http://i32.tinypic.com/2njlirr.gif

have to laugh at Mowbray's stance on it though...
    Mowbray, who refused to look at the McGeady incident again on television afterwards, believed it was the furore surrounding Eduardo which led to McDonald taking action.

The Celtic boss fumed: "If the Eduardo situation had not been blown up so big nationally, 99 times out of 100, maybe even 100 out of 100, it would never have been a yellow card.

"I think the referee has been influenced by the diving situation.

"I don't need to look at it again, it happened right in front of me.

"It was unfortunate for Aiden. It was a poor decision and we are in all in disbelief.

"You have to put it into the context of the boy travelling 50 yards before the incident. He went to ground because he was knackered.

:pac::pac: Poor wee Aidan, he just felt like a wee nap! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ahahahaha, good man Aiden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

As a Hibs fan have to say i am disappointed thought we should have got a point out of the game,Boruc pulled off some great saves notably the one from young Wotherspoon,as for McGeady what a plank a total dive and deserved to be sent off for a second bookable,although it was not as bad as the dive by Killen later on which he did not even receive a booking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Eirebear wrote: »

Looks like a dive from that GIF. The strange thing I noticed is the fact that the linesman was about 5 feet away and was giving a free to Celtic. Also check the Hibs fans who are close, some of them were appaulding the fact that McGeady appeared to get fouled. The ref (I do not know how close he was) overruled the linesman and booked McGeady for diving.
    "People get booked for nothing, and if we keep going the way we're going, we'll be playing with slippers on.

"It's a contact sport, and you need to get stuck in. Tackling is an art.

"Even if Aiden McGeady take a dive, is it not just a case of saying 'let's get on with it'?

"Where's the common sense? It spoils the game.

"You never want to see that, especially with a talent like Aiden McGeady.

"I'm the opposition manager, I want to see him doing his stuff and see if my boys can handle him."

Looks like a dive from that GIF. The strange thing I noticed is the fact that the linesman was about 5 feet away and was giving a free to Celtic. Also check the Hibs fans who are close, some of them were appaulding the fact that McGeady appeared to get fouled. The ref (I do not know how close he was) overruled the linesman and booked McGeady for diving.

Good refereeing? I dont know, he did dive and by the rules of the game it should be a booking.

What annoys me is the lack of consistancy, Killen could have walked if he was booked for the two dives he took during the game, and im sure there are players all over the country who took dives yesterday.

Consistancy is the key to these rulings, if referees are consistant then the controversy wont be there.

People get booked for nothing, and if we keep going the way we're going, we'll be playing with slippers on.

"It's a contact sport, and you need to get stuck in. Tackling is an art.

"Even if Aiden McGeady take a dive, is it not just a case of saying 'let's get on with it'?

"Where's the common sense? It spoils the game.

"You never want to see that, especially with a talent like Aiden McGeady.

"I'm the opposition manager, I want to see him doing his stuff and see if my boys can handle him."

Yeah big Yogi said exactly what I would expect him to after all he may find himself having to defend one of his own players as the season goes on

And Mr Mowbray has went down in my estimation excusing McGeady saying he was tired after running 50 yards

Why was the Hibs Goalkeeper in the Celtic muddle :eek::eek::D:D:D

[IMG][/img]2dum7bo.jpg

Why was the Hibs Goalkeeper in the Celtic muddle :eek::eek::D:D:D

yeah i heard Yogi on the radio, he was being extremely political the whole way through. Hes been about too long to get dragged into something so early in the season.

As for the keeper, i think he was taking the proverbial.
    Maybe a more pertinent question is "what where they muddling in the centre circle after the game for anyway?"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement