Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English Premier League Superthread 2009/10

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Marlon King sacked by Wigan after been found guilty of assualt.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/29/marlon-king-convicted-of-assault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

scum bag

"do you know who I am ,

erm

no...."

:rolleyes:

as for being a millionaire, Id say it would be hard pressed to find a footballer in the top flight who is not one.

anyhoo, id say thats him finished, no harm either as he had other records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just wondering after this week to take a look at ngog's dive that cost birmingham 3 points.
    Does anyone think retrospective action should be taken i mean 2 points could be the difference between birmingham going down or staying up even if it was a yellow card given to him in retrospect.

Didn't want start a new thread for this one but wigan's chairman Whelan is basically blaming Bruce for 9-1 mauling at the weekend he bought a few dodgey buy's no mention of the fact that whelan has a habit of selling every decent player they have

whelan on bruce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Didn't want start a new thread for this one but wigan's chairman Whelan is basically blaming Bruce for 9-1 mauling at the weekend he bought a few dodgey buy's no mention of the fact that whelan has a habit of selling every decent player they have

whelan on bruce

What lunacy, and then woodgate says this:
    “I think he’s the sharpest striker, probably in the world,” he said. “Put Jermain Defoe up playing for Barcelona and I’m sure he’d be as well known [as Lionel Messi].

:eek: I don't know about that he's hitting some good form alright if he can keep this up for the season and then go to the world cup and plays his socks off .......then maybe although messi's having trouble hitting the same level as last year at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Defoe has always being capable of putting the ball in the back of the net with ease, it is the one constant in his game, and what a constant it is to have as a striker. I do honestly believe the guy would be capable of producing the goods spectacularly with any team in the game. No matter where he has been be it Spurs or Portsmouth he has banged in the goals. He's also a player that can get right back into the swing of things after a long lay off, he takes little time in resuming his usual game by putting the ball in the back of the net. Great player.

For the same amount of games as they have played this year compared to last year Spurs and City are the biggest winners Arsenal as well not too far behind with wigan, Hull, pompey along with Everton and and liverpool the biggest loosers
    1 Chelsea -3
    2 Man Utd -1
    3 Arsenal +6
    4 Spurs +17
    5 Man Citeh +14
    6 Villa -3
    7 Liverpool -12
    8 Birmingham N/A
    9 Fulham -1
    10 Sunderland +1
    11 Everton -10
    12 Stoke +1
    13Blackburn +3
    14Burnley N/A
    15Wolves N/A
    16Wigan -9
    17West Ham -7
    18Bolton -5
    19Hull -9
    20Pompey -9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

For the same amount of games as they have played this year compared to last year Spurs and City are the biggest winners Arsenal as well not too far behind with wigan, Hull, pompey along with Everton and and liverpool the biggest loosers
    1 Chelsea -3
    2 Man Utd -1
    3 Arsenal +6
    4 Spurs +17
    5 Man Citeh +14
    6 Villa -3
    7 Liverpool -12
    8 Birmingham N/A
    9 Fulham -1
    10 Sunderland +1
    11 Everton -10
    12 Stoke +1
    13Blackburn +3
    14Burnley N/A
    15Wolves N/A
    16Wigan -9
    17West Ham -7
    18Bolton -5
    19Hull -9
    20Pompey -9

Think it's +9, might be wrong!

LONDON (AP) — English Premier League channels are set to start broadcasting across the world next season when a new 24-hour service is launched, a league executive with direct knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Friday.
    The league will provide a continuous international feed of programing for broadcast rights holders outside Britain to form their own Premier League channels, the executive said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because a public announcement is yet to be made.
    International broadcasters are set to pay around $1.6 billion to show live Premier League matches for the three seasons starting in August 2010 — an 80% increase on the current TV deal
    Local networks will be able to pick and choose content from the league's official feed, which will include news and feature shows along with classic matches. The networks will be able to include local advertising and live matches.
    While it is a de facto Premier League TV channel, the continuous feed officially is being called a "content service" so that it doesn't impede the ability of clubs, including Manchester United and MUTV, to sell their own channels around the world.
    It will be run by Premier League Productions, a joint venture between the league and TWI, the sports production part of International Management Group.
    The Premier League is searching for a recognizable anchor to be the face of the content.

Might see more Live matches available in Ireland next year

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/europe/2010-02-26-english-premier-league-tv_N.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Game-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Some high quality graphics there Headshot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Some high quality graphics there Headshot.

ye have a very good run

but ye'll **** it up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Out of those games, the only ones I think are 95% certain wins are Burnley and Wolves at home. Liable to drop points in any of the other games.

My revised premiership prediction.

1.Chelsea
    2. Arsenal
    3. Man united

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i think playing blackburn on their turf could cause a surprise result for all 3 teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

papagormo wrote: »
    i think playing blackburn on their turf could cause a surprise result for all 3 teams.

mystic fooking meg eat your heart out!

1 Chelsea -3
    2 Man Utd -1
    3 Arsenal +6
    4 Spurs +17
    5 Man Citeh +14
    6 Villa -3
    7 Liverpool -12
    8 Birmingham N/A
    9 Fulham -1
    10 Sunderland +1
    11 Everton -10
    12 Stoke +1
    13Blackburn +3
    14Burnley N/A
    15Wolves N/A
    16Wigan -9
    17West Ham -7
    18Bolton -5
    19Hull -9
    20Pompey -9

1 Chelsea +3
    2 Man Utd -7
    3 Arsenal +3
    4 Spurs +20
    5 Man Citeh +18
    6 Villa +6
    7 Liverpool -18
    8 Everton -2
    9 Birmingham N/A
    10 Fulham -4
    11 Stoke +4
    12Blackburn +6
    13 Sunderland +6
    14Bolton -4
    15Wigan -7
    16Wolves N/A
    17West Ham -17
    18Burnley N/A
    19Hull -6
    20Pompey -23*

*Pompey deducted 9 points for going into Administration

Biggest winners are Spurs City Blackburn and Sunderland
    Biggest Loosers are Liverpool Westham and Pompey

Edit I should point out it's much harder obviously for last years top 4 to gain excessively more points then it is for City and Spurs so the extra three points arsenal have is good even if it could of been better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Interesting stats.

I have noticed Spurs fans love stats. Am I wrong? :)

JPA wrote: »
    Interesting stats.

I have noticed Spurs fans love stats. Am I wrong? :)
    I find them oddly intresting :eek: don't know why any aul stat not just footy ones

I ment to add that I was surprised fulham are so close to last season point wise when hodgson has obviously been prioritizing the Europa league lately with team selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I find them oddly intresting :eek: don't know why any aul stat not just footy ones

Keep up the good work :D

Advertisement