Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

gimmick wrote: »
    Henry is worrying me though ... at present, he is contributing nothing.
    Bit harsh I think - he wasn't great last night, I'll give you that. But he looked a threat against Atleti the other night - about 10 minutes in, I figured he was bound to score at some point and was shocked he didn't. But I thought he did well the other night (granted it was against a poor-ish defence but still).

I think he needs:

(1) a goal or two;
    (2) Iniesta back playing (they work together very well down the left).

As for Chygrinskiy, I think he's been the least impressive of the summer buys by a long shot so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I didn't watch, but another solid win for Real last night, with yet another early goal for Ronaldo winning 0-2. I know Villareal have had a poor start, but this is a ground where they lost last season. The clean sheet is also notable here.

Atleti could only manage a 2-2 draw at home to Almeria! What the bloody hell is wrong with them?? Valencia also lost 3-1 to Getafe. Bilbao lost 1-0 away to Tenerife, so that's their 100% gone. The table is looking ominous already with the big two pulling away already with 100% records and strong goal differences.

What odds that neither will have dropped any points by the Classico at the end of November?
    yahoo_moe wrote: »

As for Chygrinskiy, I think he's been the least impressive of the summer buys by a long shot so far...

That honour goes to Maxwell for me. Early early days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Real continue to not play particularly brilliantly but win, mainly thanks to Ronaldos goals.

As for Maxwell, I'll again say I dunno why he felt the need to sign a left back, Abidal is Barca's best full back imo. Competition is good though I suppose.

Well, as Sylvinho was pushing on, left back cover was most certainly needed, as otherwise, Puyol would have been the first choice back up to Abidal. The main target was Felipe of Depor, but he was priced well out of it by his agent.

Yeah but I think Pep see's him more as a replacement for Abidal, as in I get the feeling he's considered first choice, which I think is a shame as I really like Abidal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Henry is now the weak link for Barca and he must be dropped unless he can produce. He is way off the pace and looks devoid of any confidence. TBH his best days are well behind him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Give it another few weeks an Henry will pull of one or two wonder goals to silence the doubters - just like he did early last season :)

Btw, I can't see real being able to beat Seville, Barca, and Valencia away. Maybe at home.. These loses are all Barca need to pick up 3 or 4 points of a lead which they will ofc maintain :D

EARLY DAYS YET THOUGH

:pac:

Anyone watch Skys coverage of Real last night? I honestly cannot remember a worse display of biased refereeing. He was appalling, he gave Real EVERYTHING, even when there was nothing. Drenthe should have been sent off, just got booked, and 2 seconds later, just to settle the score, he booked a Tenerife player for a very innocuos tackle. He played advantage for Tenerife a number of times when there was none there. It was incredible. They won 3-0 but do not look a good team. Ronaldo had a hissy fit when subbed apparently.

Barca got a good 0-2 against Malaga. Only saw the opening 20 mins and Malagas objective was clear - hurt Messi :rolleyes:. Great to see scoring sensation Ibra do the job again and Pique as well.

Sevilla looking ominous. 0-4 away to Bilbao is a great result. The are looking every bit as good as they were 3 seasons.

Why in the name of bloody hell was Valencia Vs Atleti not televised? Finished 2-2 with maxi equalising at the death possibly saving Resinos job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Anyone watch Skys coverage of Real last night? I honestly cannot remember a worse display of biased refereeing. He was appalling, he gave Real EVERYTHING, even when there was nothing.

Missed it yesterday but I'm always a little sceptical when I hear such statements coming from a Barca fan.

Was at the game against Xerez last week and will agree that Real look poor. Maybe rusty would be a better word though. Gago in particualar shouldn't be near the first team at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Barca got a good 0-2 against Malaga. Only saw the opening 20 mins and Malagas objective was clear - hurt Messi :rolleyes:. Great to see scoring sensation Ibra do the job again and Pique as well.

There was some disgraceful targeting of Messi last night, the stamping on his knackers was taking it a bit too far!! Could there be any suspensions dished out a la adebayors suspension for the Van Persie thing (or did he even get done for that i forget because i was away for a while around then)

• Advertisement

I only saw the first half but it was absolutely disgusting. Real tried it around this time last year too and he didn't let it get to him then either, it's a great credit to him but how can teams get away with it? I knew for him to kick out like he did something must have happened...

And yeah, how could they not broadcast Athletico v Valencia, game of the weekend by far

Biggest game of the Spanish season this weekend between Sevilla and Real at the Pizquain.

Sevilla have been playing really well since their opening day defeat, Real have been scoring lots of goals, but do not look a decent team yet. Tomorrow night will prove alot. Are Madrids Galacticos gelling in time for their first real test, or are Sevilla a genuine threat to the 2 horse race?

Last season this fixture saw 13 goals in 2 games, with the away side winning both times. I think Real will shade this 3-2 to truly announce themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Just got Sky Sports in so i shall be watching this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Also, I heard if Ibrahimovic plays and scores against Almeria, he'll equal the La Liga's record consecutive game scoring record for a debutant. That'd be a pretty big achievement, considering the last person who was anywhere near that record was Ruud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Haven't seen Iniesta in a long time. His hairline has receeded something shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Haven't seen Iniesta in a long time. His hairline has receeded something shocking!

Not a patch (ha!) on Robben's, to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Almeria doing a grand job so far, should have scored just after half time.

Worthy of a point but cant see them getting one restricted barca to half chances. EDIT was over when i posted this my stream a wee bit behind.

Big game is morrow tho CMON SEVILLA!!!! please god dont just roll over as usual for the top 2 :(

Athletico game is 11/8 for more than 4 goals :D this has goalfest written all over it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

not long to go until the sevilla match

cant wait

any team news ?

Headshot wrote: »
    not long to go until the sevilla match

cant wait

any team news ?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=275576&cc=5739&league=ESP.1

be there in a minute

sevilla are playing great stuff and should be 1 up

not like fab to miss hit that

• Advertisement

Poor final ball is gonna cost us :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

get da fck in :D

Sevilla score

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Poor final ball is gonna cost us :mad:

yessssssssssssssss

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JE SUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Guti cheating fooker

that's guti for ya

some things never change with him

navas is having a stormer

and fab misses again

not like him, he's deadly in front of goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Marcelo is having a game to forget.

anyone know if ronaldo is on the bench, injuryed, dropped... only have spanish commentry here.

was at atletico game last night. great atmosphere, much better than real i thought. I can see why they are struggling a bit though defence was poor.

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    anyone know if ronaldo is on the bench, injuryed, dropped... only have spanish commentry here.

was at atletico game last night. great atmosphere, much better than real i thought. I can see why they are struggling a bit though defence was poor.

Ronaldo is out injured

how the hell are sevilla only 1 up

jaykay74 wrote: »

ronaldo injured.

what a save by Casialias

Great save by Casialias.

2 - 0 would not flatter Sevilla. Madrid lucky to go in 1 down. 2nd half should be interesting.

how the hell are sevilla only 1 up
    Just going to say the same thing.

How they didn't see the need to shore up the defence a bit during their epic spree this summer is beyond me - they're getting crucified in the full-back positions. Whatever about Ramos, it's no surprise at all that it's happening to Marcelo... very weak link.

• Advertisement

13[URL="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=9782&cc=5739"]Jerzy Dudek[/URL] (SUB)
    21[URL="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=10732&cc=5739"]Christoph Metzelder[/URL] (SUB)
    23[URL="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=11000&cc=5739"]Rafael Van der Vaart[/URL] (SUB)
    20[URL="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=67310&cc=5739"]Gonzalo Higuaín[/URL] (SUB)
    19[URL="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=68141&cc=5739"]Ezequiel Garay[/URL] (SUB)
    15[URL="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=105391&cc=5739"]Royston Drenthe[/URL] (SUB)
    24[URL="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=106160&cc=5739"]Esteban Granero[/URL] (SUB)

12	Frederic Kanouté	 (SUB)
    14	Julien Escudé	(SUB)
    18	Fernando Navarro	(SUB)
    23	Lolo	(SUB)
    16	Diego Capel	(SUB)
    9	Arouna Koné	(SUB)
    13	Javi Varas	(SUB)

Real have garay who could take over from marcelo hope he doesnt :D

madrid usually come out stronger in the 2nd half so hopefully sevilla can keep it tight at the back

forgot to mention that was very interesting information about navas

didnt know there was such a sickness like chronic homesickness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

forgot to mention that was very interesting information about navas

didnt know there was such a sickness like chronic homesickness
    What, seriously?

Such a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Casillas incredible

Namlub wrote: »
    What, seriously?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jes%C3%BAs_Navas

what a save by casillas again how the **** did he save that

Spanish dudes called Casilias superman after that save

spanish commentators mentioned gordon banks for that save. :D some save

goal boliix

Great save but you have to think Sevilla are going to regret missing so many really good chances...

**** it anyway

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Great save but you have to think Sevilla are going to regret missing so many really good chances...
    That's gotta be the best-timed of my 1000+ posts by a long way :)

Be interesting to see how Sevilla respond from now - they should have plenty of self-belief but they should never be drawing this match so you never know.

2-1 sevilla :D

mg that is pure shocking defending by madrid

unreal stuff

(anybody else find boards real slow)

2 -1 seville. madrid defence shocking

• Advertisement
Advertisement