Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

#-0 mow, so thats 6 points behind with a game in hand and the derby next week, sh!t just got real!

Pirlo making a lot of this or is it real injury?

Give that man a banana!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Ronaldinhos third was pretty special. He's getting back into a bit of form now, but he did get a lot of space in that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Juve are such a joke at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

How did Beckham do today lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Any links to vid highlights of todays AC Milan game? I heard major things 'bout Ronaldinho.

How did Beckham do today lads?

He's been pretty sharp since he's come in the side. Hard to tell today cause Siena's keeper was sent off very early which killed the game as a contest.

I mean you know what your going to get from him- complete honesty of effort and an undoubted passing ability. He's not showing any signs of ageing and still looks as fit as ever. I'd have him in the world cup squad anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    Juve are such a joke at the moment.

Will Ferrara last the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Quint wrote: »
    Hiddink to Juve? If this happens I'll jizz my pants

http://www.football-italia.net/dec29i.html
    ...Unless hiddink goes to Juve
    Yeah, Hiddink is just wishful thinking. Inter have it in the bag unless they have a complete collapse
    Agreed with Warper. Juve seem to be getting worse, no fight at all. I loved Ferrara as a player, but he has to go.

It's clear to me you want Ferrara gone anyway;).

• Advertisement

I heard Gus was spotted in Turin this week on ESPN today. I looks like it's a runner. Ciro is a dead man walking, although I did like his speach where he compared himself to rocky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Ronaldinho looking fantastic, Utd should be worried

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I heard Gus was spotted in Turin this week on ESPN today. I looks like it's a runner. Ciro is a dead man walking, although I did like his speach where he compared himself to rocky.

They need to change something, 5th place if Napoli win tonight.

In danger of losing Champo league football if they continue with their recent results.

Giorgio Chiellini: “We are absolutely embarrassing ourselves out there.”

Yes, unfortunately. There's no point in sacking him until there's a replacement lined up. Appointing Conte would be a mistake, he's another inexperienced manager. Guus seems to be out of reach now. Dino Zoff.... no thanks. If/when Liverpool sack Rafa you never know.
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    Juve have definitely been in talks with Guus and his "people". Talks seem to break down last week though.

Bukman13 wrote: »
    It's clear to me you want Ferrara gone anyway;).

What gives you that idea?:D
    The win against inter and napoli in the cup are just prolonging the agony. Did I mention who do I want in? Hmmmm, tough one....

Moggi: 'I'll be back!'
    Disgraced former Juventus managing director Luciano Moggi has revealed his intention to return to football in 2011.

Moggi is currently serving a five-year ban from the game for his involvement in the 2006 Calciopoli scandal, which resulted in Juventus being relegated for the first time in their history.

Speaking on Studio Stadio, Moggi said: “In the summer of 2011 my suspension will end and I will return to football. This bothers and frightens many people.”

Asked if he would be returning to Juventus, he replied: “I will never do it like Bettega with the current board which has humiliated us and tried in every way to condemn us. I don't want to have anything to do with it.

“I would return quickly if Andrea Agnelli were at the helm, also to repay the kindness of the Juventus fans whose affection I have never lacked in recent years.”

Moggi then turned his attention to Juventus's plight in Serie A. The Bianconeri lost away to Chievo on Sunday and are now out of the Champions League places.

“By now Ferrara should be sacked because it's evident that the dressing room no longer follows him and if Juventus were to lose against Roma next Saturday the crisis would become irreversible.

“Anyway I don't know who could replace Ciro on the bench, certainly not Maifredi who put himself forward some time ago on the radio. The person truly responsible for this failure is Blanc who represents the full footballing incompetency of this new club.

“Take into account that to do the deal for Paolucci he had to get Franzo Grande Stevens to telephone Siena's President in person? Paolucci, as if I had said Ibrahimovic…

“Blanc deserves to be sacked this instant! In three years he has thrown away €250m. In 12 years we didn't waste a penny of the owner's.”

Finally Moggi somewhat expectedly rounded on Italian champions and perennial League leaders Inter.

“With Juventus's destruction in 2006, by now the power is all in Milan. The Milanesi teams will continue to dominate in Italy for many years, above all Inter who have benefited more than anyone else from Calciopoli. This year an Inter without Ibrahimovic has had more difficulty scoring, but they remain the strongest team in a mediocre championship,” Moggi concluded.

http://www.football-italia.net/jan18a.html

Moggi is right on the money there.

Yep, as usual.

“Take into account that to do the deal for Paolucci he had to get Franzo Grande Stevens to telephone Siena's President in person? Paolucci, as if I had said Ibrahimovic…"

That is embarrassing for Juventus.
    “Blanc deserves to be sacked this instant! In three years he has thrown away €250m. In 12 years we didn't waste a penny of the owner's.”
    That's not true. Marcelo Salas anyone?

That's not true. Marcelo Salas anyone?

I wouldn't say he was a waste of money! He'd a very good couple of years at Lazio which justified the transfer but got very unlucky with injuries at Juve and therefore couldn't fulfil his potential.

Ah but Felipe Melo had a very good Confederations Cup and a good season with Fiorentina, Amauri had a good season with Fiorentina. They were both bought by Moggi's successor and both look like waste of money now but looked like good signings when they were made. I presume it's these type of players that Moggi is refering too when he says €250m has been thrown away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ah but Felipe Melo had a very good Confederations Cup and a good season with Fiorentina, Amauri had a good season with Fiorentina. They were both bought by Moggi's successor and both look like waste of money now but looked like good signings when they were made. I presume it's these type of players that Moggi is refering too when he says €250m has been thrown away.

Yeah but Moggi made a hell of a lot of good signings to make up for the Salas's.He convinced Inter to swap Cannavarro for Carini

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Yeah but Moggi made a hell of a lot of good signings to make up for the Salas's.He convinced Inter to swap Cannavarro for Carini
    I'm not denying he made lots of brilliant signings. He was fantastic at his job (much better than Secco). All I was saying is that he did make some mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Juve-Roma has been pretty awful so far, although I do think that Juve have improved with Sissoko in the team. Now, if only someone would tell him to stop trying through balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Del Piero with a great strike. First of the season for him but it'll be worth 10 if Juve hold out

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

really looking forward to the milan derby tomorrow night ronaldinho is nearly back to his barca best. and he is 11/4 to score anytime tomorrow night

Juve starting to control the game, although that's down to Roma not even being bothered more than anything. Totti showing some nice touches, but he he can't do everything himself. I'd personally be bring Menez on for Taddei maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Twas a sweet finish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

That lad who dived deserves to be kicked around. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Totti scores pen, 1-1

• Advertisement

Kamikaze defending from Chiellini and Grosso. Roma could win this now.

Would be 2 or 3 for Roma if it wasn't for Vucinic being repeatedly offside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ouch, Buffon sent off.

Classic professional foul.

He had to do it really.

Amauri jeered off the pitch. Can't say I blame Juve fans.

RIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

• Advertisement

Diego was to blame for that goal, shouldn't have given the ball away so cheaply. Having said that, great cross and wonderful header from Riise who really is starting to look the part for Roma.

While crap in the first half, Roma really came out fighting in the second. Totti was most definitely the key for them, although De Rossi and Pizarro really controlled the key middle for Roma. I'm not really sure where Juve go from here. Salihamidzic and Amauri are not, and will never be good enough for Juve. At this stage, I'm even starting to wonder whether Diego can actually hack it at a top-level. At times, he definitely shows flashes of brilliance, but it's no good playing a wonderful cross or pass when it only comes off 1 time in 10.

Napoli win today, Juve now drop to 5th.

They have just fallen apart.

Can't wait for this tonight. Really tough one to call IMO.

Milan are clearly the in form team but Mourinho is always so tactically estute in these big games and is famous at eeking out results when playing pretty average football.

Don't see Milan rolling over as easy as they did in the first meeting of the year with the defence looking more assured recently. Inter will not give Pirlo, Beckham and Ronaldinho the room they've been given to play against juve and Siena and therefore I can see the latter of those having a really poor game.

Inter look a bit light with injuries and haven't been playing as fluidly as they where earlier in the season. Josè has got this amazing home record and I can see him just about keeping that intact tonight while hoping for an AC win.

Verdict: 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Napoli win today, Juve now drop to 5th.

They have just fallen apart.

6th actually, Palermo have also moved ahead of them. I'd say Ranieri is loving this.

• Advertisement

Milan only have one first choice defender starting, Nesta will be on the bench.

Abate, Flavalli, Thiago Silva, Antonini.

I hate seeing Flavalli in the squad, never mind the starting team.

Nice comeback from Inter, Juventus' season goes from worse to worse....

Priority for Juve is to beat Napoli and Roma to 3rd place.

Football-italia.net are reporting thatJuventus have confirmed the sacking of Ciro Ferrara with the appointment of Alberto Zaccheroni as his replacement.

Worst kept secret in Italy for the last week or so.

Good idea, Zac's sides play solid, retention baseed footie and will suit Juves players.

Expect Del Piero to play more now, possibly Zebina too.

pity, was fun watching them fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

Adrian Mutu failed another drugs test after the Bari game on 10th of january.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/28/adrian-mutu-failed-drug-test-fiorentina
    I was talking to a fella on the train today who said that as its his second positive test result he'l get a 5 yr ban. is that accurate? the big fee he's supposed to owe chelsea has been put on hold by a swiss court. he hasn't a hope of repaying that if he gets a big ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

At least when Rafa takes over at Juve we're guaranteed a Champions League

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Not exactly Serie A but the Coppa Italia is on tonight. First leg of the Semi-Final, Inter v Fiorentina. Only reason I'm mentioning it is that the second leg isn't due to be played until 14th April. I've never seen so much time between two legs, more than two months, a bit crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

That's the way the Coppa is these days. It's a bit of a joke competition.

Inter hammering Cagliari 3-0.

Di Natale still scoring for Udinese.

Ronaldinho still a complete waste of space

Not much changes in Serie A :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Juventus got a penalty today when Del Piero tripped himself up, to make it worse the contact was outside the box.

Napoli held Inter to a 0-0 draw.... Napoli deserved to win, hit the woodwork a few times, and Cesar made a few great saves.

The gap has been closing in recent weeks, Roma are in great form, 8 wins in a row. Inter will more than likely win the league, but a few dropped point in the coming weeks and the pressure will be on them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement