Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Interesting game going on at the moment, Inter reduced to 9 men inside 40mins against Sampdoria.

Ht at the moment. A sampdoria win will open the title race up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Interesting game going on at the moment, Inter reduced to 9 men inside 40mins against Sampdoria.

Ye watching this at the moment aswell, should be an interesting test for mourinho, tbh I could see them holding out for a draw

Ye watching this at the moment aswell, should be an interesting test for mourinho, tbh I could see them holding out for a draw

Lucio to get booked before 60mins would be fun.

Anyway good defensive test for Inter just before Chelsea in mid-week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Sure would - i think Inter would be 7 pts clear of Roma but Roma with a game in hand tomorrow. Would make it interesting as Inter have been struggling lately and despite getting beaten 3-2 in the Europa Cup on Thurs, the surprise packets Roma have been excellent lately. They still have Inter in Rome but I think Inter will win when they have to like when they battered Milan and also last season when Juve started putting pressure on them.

Also, Jose's current record of 129 home league games undefeated is under threat.

Also, Jose's current record of 129 home league games undefeated is under threat.

Forgot about that - great point

Eto'o booked for diving.

On first glance I thought it was a Peno, very good decision from the ref.

Oh yea, this is free on espn for anybody on Ntl

Milito with a dreadful challenge. Should have been a red!!!!

Could've been a Leg breaker

Pazzini sent off for Sampdoria. Harsh decision, ref trying to even things up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sampdoria down to 10 men now

bloody hell some lot of controversy in this game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

I thought the ref got most of the decisions right, he didn't shy away and give into the noise of the crowd. Pazzini's 2nd yellow was slightly harsh alright.

Milan v Bari. Great chance for Milan to close the gap on inter, 8pts behind with 2games in hand.

Milan Team:

Abbaiti
    Abate---Nesta----Thiago Silva---Bonera
    Pirlo

Gattuso
    Ambrosini
    ---Pato
    Borriello
    Ronaldinho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

10 points behind.

Same problem as the last few weeks for Milan, we just can't seem to convert our chances.

Delighted to see Christian back in goal, always feel much safer about results when he is playing, was a shocking long injury too.

Hopefully Adiyiah will get a run, on the bench for the first time, was amazing in the u20 world cup for Ghana.

Janku coming on, hopefully he can get some nice crosses into the box.

• Advertisement

Nice bit of play there, well taken by Pato when it fell to him, instant contribution by Janku.
    2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Seaneh wrote: »
    Same problem as the last few weeks for Milan, we just can't seem to convert our chances.

Delighted to see Christian back in goal, always feel much safer about results when he is playing, was a shocking long injury too.

Hopefully Adiyiah will get a run, on the bench for the first time, was amazing in the u20 world cup for Ghana.

He didn't waste much time in proving your point!

Abbiati saves a peno, nice one!

Milan Fiorentina on now, voila much better over all, deserve a win but Milans equalizer was a great team goal.

About 5 mins left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

2-1 Milan FT

Pato last minute!

• Advertisement

OMG! totally undeserved but I will take it, Fiorentina have been mugged today, Abbiati was was class, Pato scores the winner, again, he is going to be a legend!
    Ronaldinho, MotM, he is every bit as good now as he was 4 years ago, 13th and 14th assists of the season tonight and Milan back in second, only 4 behind Inter now, Forza Rossoneri!

final score 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ronaldinho, MotM, he is every bit as good now as he was 4 years ago,.

That's the most clueless thing I've ever seen posted on the soccer forum. Fair play to Milan though, sign of a potential champion.

eZe^ wrote: »
    That's the most clueless thing I've ever seen posted on the soccer forum. Fair play to Milan though, sign of a potential champion.

Really?

Have you seen him in the last 4 months?

He is, right now, the best player in Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

how sickened would you be if you were a Fiorentina fan?

gotta question your GK for both goals, one at his near post and one through the legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No great victory tbh.:pac:

Really?

he is playing better then anyone in Italy yes, he is nowhere near the player he was 4 years ago though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Really?

I loved Ronaldinho, and am very happy that his amazing talent is still on show for everyone, but he was on another planet to any player in world football back then. I have watched him, and he's been brilliant at times, but I hate to say he is a shadow of the absolute genius of 4 years ago. Glad to see Milan doing well though, they are most certainly not the old age pensioners the British media portray them to be.

balotelli has to be one biggest serial divers around

some people think Ronaldo is bad, this kid has nothing on Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Balotelli should be embarrassed with his performance tonight, he's pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I was really disapointed last night feeling Milan deserved the victory but giving Inter's slip up tonight the point in Rome now looks decent. Milans run in is also waay easier ‘on paper' than Inter's so I can see this one going down to the wire this year.

Once Milan get dumped out of the Champions league on Wednesday they'll only have the league to focus on wheras Inter could well have the European distraction for a while longer and that is the trophey they're fans really want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Milans run in is also waay easier ‘on paper' than Inter's so I can see this one going down to the wire this year.
    Inter have the easier run in imo, we play 4 teams from the current top 10 where Milan play 6 and our last 4 are against Atalanta, Lazio, Chievo and Siena whereas Milan have Palermo, Fiorentina, Genoa and Juve. Im not saying that it's going to be easy for Inter but I do think we have the easier run in, although Milan are in the better form at the moment.
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    Once Milan get dumped out of the Champions league on Wednesday they'll only have the league to focus on wheras Inter could well have the European distraction for a while longer and that is the trophey they're fans really want.
    I would actually take he scudetto over the CL every year, I have always believed that winning your domestic league should be the priority.

winning domestic league is a much greater achievement then winning the Champions League

Well except for Inter in those seasons where they had no competition :p

kryogen wrote: »
    winning domestic league is a much greater achievement then winning the Champions League

Well except for Inter in those seasons where they had no competition :p

That all depends on what League you playing in

I am sure if Inter had the choice they would take the CL, they win Serie A every year anyways so nothing new there. Winning the CL would be a big monkey off their back

Inter are falling apart

Headshot wrote: »
    Inter are falling apart

they get beat?

did they have a strong team out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

they get beat?

3-1 loss

They wil suffer same kinda result at the Bridge too prob.

they get beat?

yeah, 3-1 to Catania and it was well deserved.

The best team available was on the pitch.

CHD wrote: »
    3-1 loss

They wil suffer same kinda result at the Bridge too prob.

i ****in hope they do!!

what kind of team was it? did he rest many?

they get beat?

yap

Catania 3-1 Inter

basically their full team out, they have been awful of late and I fancy chelsea to destroy them

• Advertisement

all is right with the world at the moment so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Inter lost 3-1 to Catania. Muntari sent off.

AC are 4 points behind with a game in hand, shall be interesting. I said that Inter had the title wrapped up when they beat Milan, but now, it looks like I was seriously wrong :o

Headshot wrote: »
    yap

Catania 3-1 Inter

basically their full team out, they have been awful of late and I fancy chelsea to destroy them

i hope Chelsea win, i wouldnt like them to destroy them however as we can do without them getting a shot of confidence like that

just a 1 goal aggregate win will do for me

keep chelsea playing as many matches as possible

Edit- in fact, extra time and penalties would be a nice result in that match

inter.jpg

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Inter lost 3-1 to Catania. Muntari sent off.

AC are 4 points behind with a game in hand, shall be interesting. I said that Inter had the title wrapped up when they beat Milan, but now, it looks like I was seriously wrong :o

i would personally be delighted if AC were to usurp them this season

i grew up watching the great milan team of the early 90's and have had a soft spot for them all my life, plus, this is the first season really where Inter have had a challenge for the title so either way i want them to be tested

Be great for Milan if they could do it too, considering the situation at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

My friend rang me while I was watching, Cambiasso was on the pitch and it was 1-1. Over the course of a two minute phone call, Muntari came on for Cambiasso, got booked and then handballed in the box giving away a penalty and a second yellow in the process.

Great penalty too, Mascara has scored some crackers in his time.

• Advertisement

i hope Chelsea win, i wouldnt like them to destroy them however as we can do without them getting a shot of confidence like that

just a 1 goal aggregate win will do for me

keep chelsea playing as many matches as possible

Edit- in fact, extra time and penalties would be a nice result in that match
    Stamford Bridge. CL night. Chelsea NEED to win. There is only one result against a weak side like Inter.

Stamford Bridge. CL night. Chelsea NEED to win. There is only one result against a weak side like Inter.

have you changed your position then?

I remember similar comments before the first leg saying how easy it would be and look what happened then, we'll see what happens on tuesday night.

dor83 wrote: »
    I remember similar comments before the first leg saying how easy it would be and look what happened then, we'll see what happens on tuesday night.

tell me this, as an Inter fan, whats your thoughts on how Mourinho is doing there for ye?

dor83 wrote: »
    Did you see how half arsed Chelsea were? Stamford Bridge is a whole different animal on a CL night. Chelsea are still favourites, would you back against them?

Kryogen I'd prefer getting knocked out, but we know what is going to happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement