Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

kryogen wrote: »
    tell me this, as an Inter fan, whats your thoughts on how Mourinho is doing there for ye?
    He is doing very well imo, we have been playing better football for most of this season than we ever did under Mancini and we have a lead going into the 2nd leg of our CL tie. Even if we don't win anything this year, and at this stage we could still win 3 trophies, he is a much better manager than Mancini and will win a lot of trophies in the future if he is given the time.

CHD wrote: »
    Did you see how half arsed Chelsea were? Stamford Bridge is a whole different animal on a CL night. Chelsea are still favourites, would you back against them?
    Yeah, I did see the game and Inter weren't exactly great, we have played a lot better than that and are well capable of beating Chelsea if we play well. I would back Inter to go through yes, Mourinho wants this more than anything else and all we need is a draw. Mourinho doesn't lose at Stamford Bridge:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Mourinho doesn't lose at Stamford Bridge

He said that didn't he. Legend.

CHD wrote: »
    He said that didn't he. Legend.
    Yeah, he said it after the first game. Couldn't resist using it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Inter fans don't like Muntari at all do they? Seem to remember them booing him a lot. Can't see tonight changing their minds on him. :)

Johner wrote: »
    Inter fans don't like Muntari at all do they? Seem to remember them booing him a lot. Can't see tonight changing their minds on him. :)

In his first season he did well but this season he has been useless, giving the ball away nearly every time he touches the ball, I actually dread seeing him play at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Headshot wrote: »
    yap

Catania 3-1 Inter

basically their full team out, they have been awful of late and I fancy chelsea to destroy them

Just two off their full side. Interesting when Jose moves to Manchester.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Just two off their full side. Interesting when Jose moves to Manchester.....

he wont be moving to manchester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

he wont be moving to manchester

It'll make his next job quite difficult if he doesn't move to the city.:p

• Advertisement

na why would he leave 1 of the biggest clubs in the world for city, why i dont think he'll go to utd because he wont have an open cheque book

na why would he leave 1 of the biggest clubs in the world for city, why i dont think he'll go to utd because he wont have an open cheque book

Balls, he's been dropping hints and making gooey eyes at United for at least two years. Nailed on to be next manager. Its not as if he was given an open cheque book at Inter.

hints any link? Also you'd be surprised how much inter spend, 25m milito, 12-17 snijdaer (spell?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i think he would be open to a move to city because it gets him back to England, and he would be able to buy who he wants, no limits

he would go to united too imo, the job of replacing Fergie would be a massive lure for him and his ego, how that would fare for us is open to debate. i personally dont think he is the right fit. if he is the next manager i will of course support him and give him a fair crack of the whip, but whoever replaces Fergie is on a hiding to noothing if you ask me
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Balls, he's been dropping hints and making gooey eyes at United for at least two years. Nailed on to be next manager. Its not as if he was given an open cheque book at Inter.

he was given financial support at Inter, while already having the strongest squad in Italy

i wouldnt say he is nailed on to be the next united manager, he is more then likely close to the top of the list alright ill give you that

but he is no way a nailed on certainty

hints any link? Also you'd be surprised how much inter spend, 25m milito, 12-17 snijdaer (spell?).

Inter have spent a fair bit but its hardly an open cheque book like you described. And dont forget the ridiculous money Barca gave them in the Summer. He'd get similar financial backing at Utd.

Its only my opinion but I'd be shocked if he wasn't the next United manager tbh, he's been licking their hols for ages now.

u honestly think he'll get the same financial backing as he does at inter,

Wow

Btw that link?

Wow

Financial backing isn't a problem at United, how else do you think the Yanks have kept Ferguson sweet?

What link?

Wow

Btw that link?

the thing about that is, that we dont know what the situation of the club will be in 2012, maybe the Glazers will be gone and we will have money again :eek:

a man can dream i guess

ill vouch for Mourinho droping hints about the united job

dunno if i can be bothered googling it though :D

where did the 80m go at the summer? I use to believe fergies excuses but it was a pile of ****e tbh.

Edit u know the links to where jose gives a hint

• Advertisement

If its links to Jose dropping hints at United f*cked if I have any, I don't keep pedantic stuff like that close to hand. Google is your friend if you're that interested. But he has definitely softened in his attitude to United of late, in his interviews about them the last while he's been extremely complimentary. He and Fergie were practically playing soggy biscuit last year before the CL match.

where did the 80m go at the summer? I use to believe fergies excuses but it was a pile of ****e tbh.

I don't see why he'd lie about something that would undoubtedly p*ss him off if true. Nor would he stand by and let Gill lie repeatedly about it. Why would he do that? This is the man that nearly walked out on United in the 90's over his pay levels.

I believe the Glazers are a cancer on the club, but I aso think they're not stupid enough to alienate Ferguson by denying him funds in the transfer market.

ahh who am i kidding the google bar is so easy access

link containing comments from Mourinho on the united job

this one

"I would consider going to Manchester United but United have to consider if they want me to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson," he told the Daily Mirror. "If they do, then of course.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/mourinho-would-like-manchester-united-job-1763528.html

ahh who am i kidding the google bar is so easy access

link containing comments from Mourinho on the united job

this one

"I would consider going to Manchester United but United have to consider if they want me to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson," he told the Daily Mirror. "If they do, then of course.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/mourinho-would-like-manchester-united-job-1763528.html

Would be delighted with him too. The only man with a high enough self opinion to have a hope of filling Ferguson's shoes.

Rio is also on record as saying Jose is his tip to be the next manager if im not mistaken

there is definitly something in the stories, in fairness, it will be the biggest managerial change in football in a long long time, and Jose, as i have mentioned with his ego, would love to be part of that i reckon

Rio is also on record as saying Jose is his tip to be the next manager if im not mistaken

there is definitly something in the stories, in fairness, it will be the biggest managerial change in football in a long long time, and Jose, as i have mentioned with his ego, would love to be part of that i reckon

I think you've run off Headshot from the thread. Your boarding has reached a nice peak the last few days kryogen, well played.

• Advertisement

Would be delighted with him too. The only man with a high enough self opinion to have a hope of filling Ferguson's shoes.

i just dont think he is the right fit for man united

really, i know i am gonna be slated, but what are his managerial qualifications, really?

his man management is very good, tactically i have never been impressed, and im sorry but winning the CL with Porto isnt the be all and end all for me

other then that it has been Chelsea, who had a very good squad and the money to make it the best in the league

inter who had easily the best squad in italy and had strolled to the title for the last few seasons, also having the money to strengthen when needed

flah is a bad influence on kyrogen , tbh i feel his a cheque book manger who barley stays at a club and doesnt seem to have any youth policy, the total opposite of what utd need when saf retires

Your boarding has reached a nice peak the last few days kryogen, well played.

lolz what an odd statement!

oh i gotta pic for that

star.jpg

yeah, it might not be a perfect fit, but ive been waiting all day to get that pic in somewhere dammit :D

i just dont think he is the right fit for man united

really, i know i am gonna be slated, but what are his managerial qualifications, really?

his man management is very good, tactically i have never been impressed, and im sorry but winning the CL with Porto isnt the be all and end all for me

other then that it has been Chelsea, who had a very good squad and the money to make it the best in the league

inter who had easily the best squad in italy and had strolled to the title for the last few seasons, also having the money to strengthen when needed

Whose qualifications are better that would be a realistic target? Its not as if Fergie is a master tactician. He actually is very similar to Ferguson in his strengths as a manager.

lolz what an odd statement!

oh i gotta pic for that

star.jpg

yeah, it might not be a perfect fit, but ive been waiting all day to get that pic in somewhere dammit :D

Ruined it, the peak is over.

• Advertisement

flah is a bad influence on kyrogen , tbh i feel his a cheque book manger who barley stays at a club and doesnt seem to have any youth policy, the total opposite of what utd need when saf retires

its like you read my mind!

lads, not being smart, but should we maybe have this conversation in the man united thread? just realised we are still on the serie A one, and Seaneh is gonna be well pissed in the mornin :D

the serie a gang will hunt us down :D

Im off anyway, i leave ye love birds alone

its like you read my mind!

lads, not being smart, but should we maybe have this conversation in the man united thread? just realised we are still on the serie A one, and Seaneh is gonna be well pissed in the mornin :D

In fairness we are discussing the one decent thing in Serie A, which is Jose, the rest is pure dross. League will descend into total mediocrity when he takes the reigns at United.

Whose qualifications are better that would be a realistic target? Its not as if Fergie is a master tactician. He actually is very similar to Ferguson in his strengths as a manager.

that bothers me immensely

i just cannot agree

Fergie has a very good record tactically

mourinhos plan B at chelsea was to stick JT up front and lump the **** out of the ball

his plan B at inter, well it doesnt actually exist

Nobody has the qualifications to replace Fergie unfortunatly

that is why whoever replaces him is pretty much on a hidin to nothing

the man who replaces the man who replaces Fergie on the other hand

that bothers me immensely

i just cannot agree

Fergie has a very good record tactically

mourinhos plan B at chelsea was to stick JT up front and lump the **** out of the ball

his plan B at inter, well it doesnt actually exist

Nobody has the qualifications to replace Fergie unfortunatly

that is why whoever replaces him is pretty much on a hidin to nothing

the man who replaces the man who replaces Fergie on the other hand

Again i ask whose better qualified than Jose? Its like the guys who say Rafa out at Liverpool but can't name a better option. Name me someone better than Jose for the job who'd be gettable?

Again i ask whose better qualified than Jose? Its like the guys who say Rafa out at Liverpool but can't name a better option. Name me someone better than Jose for the job who'd be gettable?

i already answered it

but ok, who is actually better qualified then Jose

Capello, bit old i know, but better qualified and will be gettable by the time Fergie goes, he would be about 65 then and would be an excellent transitional manager which is what the guy after Fergie will be imo, barring a miracle

i already answered it

but ok, who is actually better qualified then Jose

Capello, bit old i know, but better qualified and will be gettable by the time Fergie goes, he would be about 65 then and would be an excellent transitional manager which is what the guy after Fergie will be imo, barring a miracle

I can't see Capello taking on that job at his age. Nor can I see United taking on a man of 65+.

Give me a straight choice and I'd take Jose anyway. People slag off Jose's playing style, Capello's is even further removed from the United way.

id disagree about Capello, he would be a candidate for sure

he wont need to be at the club for 20 years, 3 seasons would be plenty

excellent transitional prospect

you see, i havent criticised mourinhos style of play so it doesnt apply to me

however, Capello is better tactically then Mourinho, and i have no doubts he would play to our strengths. which is what i want

you would take Jose in a straight choice, fair enough, i disagree but that just my opinion sure

can we drop the who would be better qualified debate though?

Edit- for the lolz i will actually include Del Bosque into the candidacy. he is underrated and rarely mentioned, but he has a proven track record of success

id disagree about Capello, he would be a candidate for sure

he wont need to be at the club for 20 years, 3 seasons would be plenty

excellent transitional prospect

you see, i havent criticised mourinhos style of play so it doesnt apply to me

however, Capello is better tactically then Mourinho, and i have no doubts he would play to our strengths. which is what i want

you would take Jose in a straight choice, fair enough, i disagree but that just my opinion sure

can we drop the who would be better qualified debate though?

We can cos I'm off to bed. But if someone is going to say they don't want Mourinho I'd expect them to name people better, its only natural.

Talk to you tomorrow bai, gowan the blaa's.

sound bai!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Bit of a goal fest today in Italy. I never get how so many people call the league boring.

Big game for the Rossoneri tonight after a pretty depressing week. But every cloud has a silver lining and that was Inters slip up on Friday which means we can close to within a point which a few weeks ago looked very unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I had a 7 way accumulator and all was going swimmingly. That was until Juventus decided to give up a 3 goal lead at home to the bottom club!! :mad:

How in the name of Jesus did that happen??? That €290 would have been nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Milan playing Chievo now.

Honestly, I have to say this is the worst Milan team I have seen in living memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Honestly, I have to say this is the worst Milan team I have seen in living memory.

A win puts them 1pt behind Inter...just shows you how far Serie A are behind both La Liga and the Premiership.

Bukman13 wrote: »
    A win puts them 1pt behind Inter...just shows you how far Serie A are behind both La Liga and the Premiership.
    Chievo have hit the bar and had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Inter have the head-to-head over Milan too...

Inter have been terrible in recent weeks, If they get knocked out of the Champo League on tues they will push on in the league I reckon.

Milan need to win tonight first.

They where worse in the post Weah Pre Sheva days. Struggled to even make it out of the champions league group stages.

what a ****ing stunner of a goal

What a goal Seedorf in the 90th minute.

• Advertisement

You beauty, Forza Milan!

Advertisement