Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

The race for the Scudetto is on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Roma did it. Yay.

League is now a proper 3 horse race. Inter still have a tough away trip to Moscow followed by 2 trips to Fiorentina (League and Cup) then they play Juventus 3 days later.

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Roma did it. Yay.

League is now a proper 3 horse race. Inter still have a tough away trip to Moscow followed by 2 trips to Fiorentina (League and Cup) then they play Juventus 3 days later.

Roma have done incredibly well to get to this point. Personally, I fear that it may not be enough. They have all of the momentum but that incredible 21 game undefeated run in Serie A is going to come to an end someday. Let's hope that Juve, Fiorentina can do them a favour.

RichTea wrote: »
    Roma have done incredibly well to get to this point. Personally, I fear that it may not be enough. They have all of the momentum but that incredible 21 game undefeated run in Serie A is going to come to an end someday. Let's hope that Juve, Fiorentina can do them a favour.

Yea, Roma have been the quaility from week 11 onwards. I would be great to see them win the league over both Inter and Milan. If they go the rest of the season unbeaten it will be an amazing achievment.

Milan play Lazio tomorrow, big chance to close right up with Inter.

I think Milan might have blown their chance. Although a win today and they're back in the three-way. Title races don't come much better or closer than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Anyone but Inter! Will be funny seeing Jose crack.

Preferably Roma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think Milan might have blown their chance. Although a win today and they're back in the three-way. Title races don't come much better or closer than this.

In Fairness this year's Premiership is the best league i remember since the last day one around 8 years ago when Inter, Juve and Roma all had a chance on the last day

Bubs101 wrote: »
    In Fairness this year's Premiership is the best league i remember since the last day one around 8 years ago when Inter, Juve and Roma all had a chance on the last day

France is where its at these days:

1. Bordeaux 56pts

2. Montpellier 56pts

3. Auxerre 55pts

4. Lyon 54pts

5.Marseille 53pts

Juventus kept their 4th place hopes alive with a late Melo winner against Atalanta. Both Napoli and Palermo won so they stay in 6th. Palermo have a tough run in which includes a game against Juventus.

Bukman13 wrote: »
    France is where its at these days:

1. Bordeaux 56pts

2. Montpellier 56pts

3. Auxerre 55pts

4. Lyon 54pts

5.Marseille 53pts

Juventus kept their 4th place hopes alive with a late Melo winner against Atalanta. Both Napoli and Palermo won so they stay in 6th. Palermo have a tough run in which includes a game against Juventus.

Yeah Ligue 1's is bloody crazy. The Bundesliga's was very good until a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Wins for the Top 3 today.

Roma 1-0 Bari
    Inter 3-0 Bologna
    Cagliari 2-3 Milan

Roma and Milan will have to wait another week for a potential slip up. It's probably the best chance of one as well, Inter away to Fiorentina.

At the same time, Roma will play Atalanta.

Is this the week that the giallorossi claim top spot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Huntelaar and Boriello played quite well together today with Ronladinho behind them.

Hunter's goal was a screamer and Marco took and made his goal very well, lovely bit of play.

Wins for the Top 3 today.

Roma 1-0 Bari
    Inter 3-0 Bologna
    Cagliari 2-3 Milan

Roma and Milan will have to wait another week for a potential slip up. It's probably the best chance of one as well, Inter away to Fiorentina.

At the same time, Roma will play Atalanta.

Is this the week that the giallorossi claim top spot?

This is a huge week for Inter, they have 4 games in 12 days:

CSKA (a)
    Fiorentina (a)
    Fiorentina (a) (cup)
    Juventus (h)

If they manage to get through that stretch still on top, they will deserve to win the League imo.

Roma still have to play Lazio, which will be the key match for Roma if Inter do slip up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Fiorentina 2-2 Internazionale

How important could that result be come the end of the season? I think Inter were pretty lucky to even get the draw, Fiorentina were brilliant for most of the game.

For the first time in YONKS, Inter are not top of the table at the end of a gameweek.

Roma now lead the race for the Scudetto by two points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Roma now lead the race for the Scudetto by two points.
    One point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very happy for the Tinkerman, and amused that Inter are once again about to come up short dispite having all the aces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

mike65 wrote: »
    Very happy for the Tinkerman, and amused that Inter are once again about to come up short dispite having all the aces.

Eh what do you mean by Inter are once again about to come up short? It would have been an accurate statement 5 years ago, but they've hardly been starved of success in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

See the Liverpool for why the recent Serie A domination is of little true worth.

mike65 wrote: »
    See the Liverpool for why the recent Serie A domination is of little true worth.

I really don't understand your point. I don't support Inter or anything, but how can you say they're about to come up short again when they have won the title on the pitch three years running?

Ok without Juve the league was easier, but they still won it, and they did to have to contend with Milan, who in the 2007-2008 season were officially the best club in the world.

• Advertisement

One point.

Damn it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I would LOVE IT if Roma win the league

keeganrant_450x300.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I would LOVE IT if Roma win the league

I agree. Go on the Roma.:D
    I love seeing spells of dominance being broken, except United, of course.;)

I think everyone would prefer Inter not to win the league. I mean, how can you not like Totti or Ranieri? Mourinho is a prat and has not endeared himself to the fans or media in Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I think everyone would prefer Inter not to win the league. I mean, how can you not like Totti or Ranieri? Mourinho is a prat and has not endeared himself to the fans or media in Italy.

Ah in fairness I just don't like any team steamrolling over a competition. I actually want Roma to win the league and Inter for the Champions League

ps. I support Juve so the less said there the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Because he spat in someones face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Top 3 is sown up IMO. 4th is waaaaaaay closer

Ush1 wrote: »
    Because he spat in someones face.

bah...Name a footballer you like, I'm sure he's done something as bad as that.

The man is a genius, you can't deny that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

The fixtures for this weekend
    FRI - 16TH APR 10
    19:45 Inter vs Juventus(Live on ESPN)
    SAT - 17TH APR 10
    17:00 Chievo vs Livorno
    SUN - 18TH APR 10
    14:00 Atalanta vs Fiorentina
    14:00 Bari vs Napoli
    14:00 Cagliari vs Palermo
    14:00 Catania vs Siena
    14:00 Parma vs Genoa
    14:00 Sampdoria vs AC Milan(Live on ESPN)
    14:00 Udinese vs Bologna
    17:30 Lazio vs Roma(Live on ESPN)
    A very important weekend for a lot of the clubs, with the 3 most important games being shown live on ESPN. I believe that whoever is top on Sunday night will win the league, Inter need to win and hope that Roma don't so that they can go back top but Juve can't afford to drop points in their hopes of getting 4th and Lazio will be all but safe from relegation if they win. Samp v Milan should be a good match too, Milan will be hoping that Juve and Lazio can do them a favor and a win would get them back into the title race but Samp, like Juve, are trying to get 4th and the final CL spot so need a win too. Parma v Genoa should be another good and Napoli have a though away game to Bari, who have a good home record. There is still a lot to play for and most of teams need the points, whether it be in the race for the scudetto, European places or to avoid relegation, this could be a vital weekend for a lot of the clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

dor83 wrote: »
    I believe that whoever is top on Sunday night will win the league

Agree completely. Both Inter and Roma should win their remaining fixtures after this weekend.

The Derby tonight should be a great game. I hope Inter manage to get the win.

• Advertisement

Agree completely. Both Inter and Roma should win their remaining fixtures after this weekend.
    Yeah, I see Lazio as being the toughest game we have left after tonight and if they get a win on Sunday and are safe when we play them I don't see them putting up a fight.
    The Derby tonight should be a great game. I hope Inter manage to get the win.
    Hopefully, but Juve would be more than happy to put an end to our hopes of the scudetto, and they do meed the points themselves because they can't afford to drop 6 points behind Palermo and Samp.

Just incase anybody missed it, the Rome Derby on Sunday has been brought forward from 7:45pm to 5:30pm(our time), wouldn't want anyone to get the time wrong and miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dayum I wish I had ESPN :(

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Dayum I wish I had ESPN :(
    If you don't already have an account on bet365 you should set one up, it's free and they stream a lot of Serie A games and other leagues and sports too, including tonights game.

The line-ups are:
    Inter: 12 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 4 Zanetti; 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso; 27 Pandev, 10 Sneijder, 9 Eto'o; 22 Milito.
    Inter bench: 21 Orlandoni, 2 Cordoba, 5 Stankovic, 11 Muntari, 23 Materazzi, 45 Balotelli, 89 Arnautovic

Juventus: 1 Buffon; 15 Zebina, 5 Cannavaro, 3 Chiellini, 6 Grosso; 8 Marchisio, 4 Melo, 22 Sissoko; 28 Diego; 10 Del Piero, 9 Iaquinta
    Juventus bench: 13 Manninger, 7 Salihamidzic, 11 Amauri, 16 Camoranesi, 18 Poulsen, 29 De Ceglie, 33 Legrottaglie

23 mins in and the ref is not able to control the players, 5 yellow cards already and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a brawl with a few reds.

Maicon having great game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

red card for Sissoko

I have a lot love and respect for Zanetti, such a class act

Poulsen on for Del Piero.

Milito should have crossed. =/

Zanetti just strolling through Juve

Quite a dull match so far. Half time. I'm hungry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Maicon having great game so far.

what a goal by him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Juve are 14-1 ... nevermind.. :)

What a ****ing goal!

(if anyone was watching :o)

What a ****ing goal!

(if anyone was watching :o)

Really was class. Practicing kick-ups does have some merits after all!

2-0 Inter might be worth a punt at 13/5, gonna wait another few minutes just in case.

Dave147 wrote: »
    2-0 Inter might be worth a punt at 13/5, gonna wait another few minutes just in case.

Almost almost, very close to 2-0....7 minutes to go now.

• Advertisement

Ooof, I had just put 3 euro on the draw just in case an against the run of play goal.. 25/1 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Watchin this on espn, craig burley is one annoying gobsh1te.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Watchin this on espn, craig burley is one annoying gobsh1te.

Not nearly half as bad as this Italian guy doing English commentary on Fox :eek:

GET IN! Had 15 on 2-0 at 11/4

Great Dave, your round then :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement