Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Brilliant that Inter won, we only need Lazio to do us a favour on Sunday and the league is in our own hands. If we are top come Sunday night then we will be champions, Forza Inter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

carlop wrote: »
    Really was class. Practicing kick-ups does have some merits after all!

For those who missed it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Anyone know what the attendance was for this game? Upper tier looked to be only half full. Poor turnout given the importance of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

San Siro looked pretty dead.

What a goal by Maicon though. Class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the attendance was for this game? Upper tier looked to be only half full. Poor turnout given the importance of the game.

30,000 empty seats I heard.

So that puts attendance at around 50,000

EDIT: Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Osu wrote: »
    30,000 empty seats I heard.
    So that puts attendance at around 50,000
    There were restrictions for the match last night which only allowed season ticket holders and Inter Tessera del Tifoso card holders(kind of like a fans registration card that also works as a pre-paid MasterCard), so ticket didn't go on general sale.

Results from this afternoons games
    Atalanta 2 : 1 Fiorentina
    Bari 1 : 2 Napoli
    Cagliari 2 : 2 Palermo
    Catania 2 : 2 Siena
    Parma 2 : 3 Genoa
    Sampdoria 2 : 1 AC Milan
    Udinese 1 : 1 Bologna

Rome derby kick off in about 10mins, line-ups are:
    Lazio: Muslera; Dias, Stendardo, Radu; Lichtsteiner, Brocchi, Ledesma, Mauri, Kolarov; Floccari, Rocchi
    Lazio bench: Berni, Biava, Diakite, Zarate, Firmani, Baronio, Cruz

Roma: Julio Sergio; Cassetti, Burdisso, Juan, Riise; Perrotta, Pizarro, De Rossi; Toni, Totti, Vucinic
    Roma bench: Doni, Mexes, Menez, Taddei, Tonetto, Brighi, Baptista

Atalantas win earlier means that Lazio are only 3 points from relegation at the moment so they could really do with the points, and Roma need a win to go back top, should be a very good game. ESPN will be showing the 2nd half live but not the 1st half, bet365 is probably the best place for the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Great start to the second half. Both teams getting a penalty each. Lazio missed, Roma scored. 1-1 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Any chance Juve had of finishing fourth evaporated today IMO with Samp beating Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

dor83 wrote: »
    Results from this afternoons games

Rome derby kick off in about 10mins, line-ups are:
    Lazio: Muslera; Dias, Stendardo, Radu; Lichtsteiner, Brocchi, Ledesma, Mauri, Kolarov; Floccari, Rocchi
    Lazio bench: Berni, Biava, Diakite, Zarate, Firmani, Baronio, Cruz

Roma: Julio Sergio; Cassetti, Burdisso, Juan, Riise; Perrotta, Pizarro, De Rossi; Toni, Totti, Vucinic
    Roma bench: Doni, Mexes, Menez, Taddei, Tonetto, Brighi, Baptista

Atalantas win earlier means that Lazio are only 3 points from relegation at the moment so they could really do with the points, and Roma need a win to go back top, should be a very good game. ESPN will be showing the 2nd half live but not the 1st half, bet365 is probably the best place for the first half.

Some start to the second half. Ranieri took off Totti and De Rossi at half time with Lazio 1-0 up. Lazio then got a penaty within a minute of the restart, missed it, and now Roma have equalised from the spot.

Atmosphere sounds incredible!

• Advertisement

yeah, looks like it could go either way now, I expect a few more goals.

Great free kick from Vucinic, 2-1 Roma. Come on Lazio.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

AS_Roma.png

Dominazione

:D

Fantastic result. Thank you Vucinic

Well done Roma, league is theirs to lose and I can't see that happening now, they deserve the league anyway after the amount of points we have dropped since christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Always liked Roma and keep an eye on their results. Didn't get to see the match today, but delighted with the result and hopefully they'll see out the league now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Grazie Roma!

Thought Ranieri was mad with his half-time substitutions but one of the two would have been sent off for sure anyway. Spilled a litre of water celebrating Mirko's belter.

The Scudetto is coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Good to see Roma winning, hope they can hold out now.:D

A quick look at the remaining fixtures.

AS Roma

Sampdoria (H)
    Parma (A)
    Cagliari (H)
    Chievo Verona (A)

Internazionale

Atalanta (H)
    Lazio (A)
    Chievo Verona (H)
    Siena (A)

I think Roma have the tougher run in. If they successfully beat Sampdoria and Parma then I think it'll be done. Who knows, maybe Lazio might lend a hand. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

baz2009 wrote: »
    Good to see Roma winning, hope they can hold out now.:D

It was certainly not good to see. Hope they slip up big time and Inter win it easy, Forza Inter.

• Advertisement

It was certainly not good to see. Hope they slip up big time and Inter win it easy, Forza Inter.

We'll have to see. I don't think it's over by any means yet. Inter have the easier run in IMO

RichTea wrote: »
    We'll have to see. I don't think it's over by any means yet. Inter have the easier run in IMO
    Yeah but Roma are in much better form and we'll also be distracted by the CL games against Barca, I hope we can do it but I said on Friday that I thought whoever was top tonight would win the scudetto and that hasn't changed.

I think Inter will end up winning the league by one point. I can see them winning all of their remaining matches, while I think Roma will drop points against Samp and win the last three games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I actully think that besides Samp, Roma have it easier. Lazio are still hurting and will be trying to win for pride and safety against Inter, Sienna and atalanta are fighting for safety too where as Calgari, Parma and Cheivo are all pretty much safe and have nothing to play for.

Much tougher run in for Inter imho.

The sections of Juve's new stadium will be named after former players.

Apparently Buffon, Del Piero, Trezeguet and Camoranesi could all play in a stadium that has a section named after them!

C_6_Articolo_64719_paragrafi_paragrafo_0_testoParagrafo_2.jpg

Apparently Buffon, Del Piero, Trezeguet and Camoranesi could all play in a stadium that has a section named after them!

C_6_Articolo_64719_paragrafi_paragrafo_0_testoParagrafo_2.jpg

No Brady. Bad form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Maybe. Did any of the other listed play fewer games for Juventus than Brady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

nipplenuts wrote: »

Wikipedia says he played 76 times.

Ah, if it goes by appearance then that's alright. My friends in Turin say that Brady is a bit of a legend over there still.

They should name the toilets after Ronnie O'Brien :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Would that be down to the fact that they stuck with the club when they were relegated? Given that there are far "greater" players that the likes of Trez to play for the club?(the likes of Platini and Brady spring to mind).

]

I bet none of them ever do, though.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Would that be down to the fact that they stuck with the club when they were relegated?
    Partly, but not totally. They have all given great service to the club.
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Given that there are far "greater" players that the likes of Trez to play for the club?(the likes of Platini and Brady spring to mind).
    Platini is already on the list. And Trez is the club's all time top foreign goalscorer and one of the all time top goalscorers over all. There aren't many greater than him.
    You think none of them will still be at Juve next season?

I'll take that bet!

I'll take that bet!
    I will too.

So Del Piero could be heading to the States. :(

So Del Piero could be heading to the States. :(

It'd be sad to see Alessa go. The word is so horribly, disgustingly overused now but the only word I can summon to describe him is legend.

It'd be sad to see Alessa go. The word is so horribly, disgustingly overused now but the only word I can summon to describe him is legend.
    The word is overused but Del Piero is one of those who really deserves it.

I hope he stays for at least one more season, when hopefully the team around him won't be so useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Anyone know the extent of Maicon's injury last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Warper wrote: »
    Anyone know the extent of Maicon's injury last night?

Broke his incisor tooth. Shouldnt be a major issue.

You think none of them will still be at Juve next season?

Buffon to Milan
    Trez to Lyon or Milan
    Del P to MSL
    Camoranesi to West Ham

I think there's a good chance none will be at Juventus next year. There's a lot of dead wood to be cleared and Buffon could bring in some much needed cash, plus be relatively easy to replace given his injury-ridden contribution this year.

Buffon to Milan
    Trez to Lyon or Milan
    Camoranesi to West Ham

I think there's a good chance none will be at Juventus next year. There's a lot of dead wood to be cleared and Buffon could bring in some much needed cash, plus be relatively easy to replace given his injury-ridden contribution this year.

I'm sorry but those are ridiculous. Especially Camoranesi to a potentially relegated West Ham.

• Advertisement

Trez to Milan is a massive possibility. His agent has said it a few times.

Trez to Lyon or Milan
    Del P to MSL
    They're possibilities.

Buffon to Milan
    Camoranesi to West Ham
    They're ridiculous.
    plus be relatively easy to replace given his injury-ridden contribution this year.
    Sorry, what? Replace with who? He's still the best goalkeeper in the world. If we were to sign someone like Marchetti or Lloris they wouldn't be as good and would use up most of what we'd get for Buffon because they're younger and their clubs value them highly.

I'm sorry but those are ridiculous. Especially Camoranesi to a potentially relegated West Ham.

Yeah, maybe :)

Camoranesi will surely go somewhere. Buffon would have been a Milan player four years ago had the sh1t not hit the fan for them also when Juventus were relegated. I think he could go this year. 23 league appearances last year, 21 this. I'm a big fan, but if the right offer came in I'd let him go, and it could be Milan.

Yeah, maybe :)

Camoranesi will surely go somewhere. Buffon would have been a Milan player four years ago had the sh1t not hit the fan for them also when Juventus were relegated. I think he could go this year. 23 league appearances last year, 21 this. I'm a big fan, but if the right offer came in I'd let him go, and it could be Milan.

There's a slim chance of "the right offer" coming from Milan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Anyone like to hazard a guess as to why AC Milan are 13-5 to beat Palermo away tomorrow night? Are they missing some key players or something, have 20 euro freebet was going to use it in an accumulator with Utd to beat Spurs and City to beat Arsenal at the weekend.

Last three
    SAMPDORIA-MILAN 2-1
    MILAN-CATANIA 2-2
    CAGLIARI-MILAN 2-3

Unavailable: Beckham, Onyewu, Nesta, Pato,Favalli , Ambrosini , Kaladze, Borriello, Bonera, Ambrosini

Last three
    CAGLIARI-PALERMO 2-2
    PALERMO-CHIEVO 3-1
    CATANIA-PALERMO 2-0

Unavailable:Mchedlidze, Bresciano , Simplicio , Tedesco, Carrozzieri, Goian

I probably has a lot to do with the fact that Palermo haven't lost at home all season.

And Milan have 5 CB's out either injured and suspended.

wouldn't be surprised to see albertazzi in the squad if not starting with Thiago Silva. if not Oddo will play CB.

Seaneh wrote: »
    And Milan have 5 CB's out either injured and suspended.

wouldn't be surprised to see albertazzi in the squad if not starting with Thiago Silva. if not Oddo will play CB.

Gazzetta list Albertazzi as in the squad

1Dida 15Zambrotta 33Thiago Silva 44Oddo 18Jankulovski 16Flamini 21Pirlo 10Seedorf 30Mancini 11Huntelaar 80Ronaldinho = 4-2-1-3

12Abbiati 59Albertazzi 77Antonini 53Romagnoli 20Abate 8Gattuso 9Inzaghi

• Advertisement

Del P to MSL

Del Piero: "Dear friends, to answer the questions that many of you ask me in these days...yes, it's true. This summer I'll go to America. On vacation. Then I come back, for sure."

Advertisement