Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Gazzetta list Albertazzi as in the squad

1Dida 15Zambrotta 33Thiago Silva 44Oddo 18Jankulovski 16Flamini 21Pirlo 10Seedorf 30Mancini 11Huntelaar 80Ronaldinho = 4-2-1-3

12Abbiati 59Albertazzi 77Antonini 53Romagnoli 20Abate 8Gattuso 9Inzaghi

Times is hard, yo!

Disappointed not to see Adiyiah in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

This weeks fixtures:
    Saturday
    Apr 24 17:00 UK Internazionale v Atalanta
    Apr 24 19:45 UK Palermo v AC Milan(Live on ESPN)
    Sunday
    Apr 25 14:00 UK Bologna v Parma
    Apr 25 14:00 UK Fiorentina v Chievo
    Apr 25 14:00 UK Genoa v Lazio
    Apr 25 14:00 UK Juventus v Bari
    Apr 25 14:00 UK Livorno v Catania
    Apr 25 14:00 UK Napoli v Cagliari
    Apr 25 14:00 UK Udinese v Siena
    Apr 25 19:45 UK AS Roma v Sampdoria(Live on ESPN)
    Some good games there, with the two that are being shown on ESPN being the pick of the bunch imo. This could be an interesting weekend, Inter should be able to beat Atalanta, but with our form since christmas I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't.

This game will start shortly, bet365 is the best option for watching this, and the line-ups are:
    Inter: 12 Julio Cesar; 4 Zanetti, 2 Cordoba, 23 Materazzi, 26 Chivu; 17 Mariga, 5 Stankovic, 11 Muntari; 10 Sneijder; 22 Milito, 9 Eto'o. 

Subs: 21 Orlandoni, 6 Lucio, 7 Quaresma, 8 Thiago Motta, 19 Cambiasso, 25 Samuel, 89 Arnautovic.

Atalanta: 32 Coppola; 4 Capelli, 77 Bianco, 5 Manfredini, 13 Peluso; 79 Ferreira Pinto, 22 Padoin, 17 Guarente, 20 Valdes; 72 Doni, 90 Tiribocchi. 

Subs: 91 Rossi, 6 Bellini, 9 Amoruso, 15 De Ascentis, 19 Chevanton, 21 Radovanovic, 70 Ceravolo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Mariga starts a Serie A match? :eek: :p

1-0 Atalanta

EDIT: Should be 2-0, Inter have started very badly.

It finished 3-1 to Inter with Milito, Mariga and Chivu for Inter. Palermo v Milan starts in 15mins, looking forward to this one, Palermo haven't lost at home all season and anything but a win would be a huge blow to their hopes of getting 4th.Line-ups are:

Palermo: Sirigu; Cassani, Kjaer, Bovo, Balzaretti; Migliaccio, Liverani, Nocerino; Pastore; Hernandez, Miccoli

Milan: Dida; Zambrotta, Oddo, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Jankulovski; Seedorf; Huntelaar, Ronaldinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

dor83 wrote: »
    It finished 3-1 to Inter with Milito, Mariga and Chivu for Inter. Palermo v Milan starts in 15mins, looking forward to this one, Palermo haven't lost at home all season and anything but a win would be a huge blow to their hopes of getting 4th.Line-ups are:

Get in. Fair play to Inter. If we can beat Parma tomorrow then we are +5 from the drop zone. Milito always scores when we need a team beaten.

Get in. Fair play to Inter. If we can beat Parma tomorrow then we are +5 from the drop zone. Milito always scores when we need a team beaten.
    That would also mean that you could secure your safety next week against Atalanta. A win for Lazio tomorrow would mean that they are 6 clear of Atalanta and wouldn't necessarily need to win against us next week so might not put up too much of a fight, they wouldn't want to help Roma.

2-0 to Palermo at half-time, Bovo and Hernandez with the goals, neither team have been great and I'm hoping it improves in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Roma v Sampdoria tonight (7.45 on ESPN) Probably the last really tough game that the Giallorossi have to play this season so it could very well be crucial.

The 'Tridente' attack of Totti-Vucinic-Toni which failed to impress against Lazio has apparently been dropped in favour of Menez-Vucinic-Totti.
    I'm quite looking forward to this one. Forza ROMA!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was watching some of the Milan match last night. Used to have a soft spot for Milan due to Sheva playing for them but it's such a sad state of affairs at the club.

I read that the shareholders meeting a few days ago Baldie said that this year's market will be more 'difficult' than last one(and we all know how much last year's summer was horrible) so apart from a couple of freebies/ cheap ass signings.

Anyways. Really looking forward to Roma v Sampdoria match. Should be a good game and hopefully another win taking us a step closer to the Scudetto.

Was watching some of the Milan match last night. Used to have a soft spot for Milan due to Sheva playing for them but it's such a sad state of affairs at the club.

I read that the shareholders meeting a few days ago Baldie said that this year's market will be more 'difficult' than last one(and we all know how much last year's summer was horrible) so apart from a couple of freebies/ cheap ass signings.

Anyways. Really looking forward to Roma v Sampdoria match. Should be a good game and hopefully another win taking us a step closer to the Scudetto.

Very true. Milan have had a torrid time trying to keep whatever star players they have left. We all know how much World Cups affect the transfer market so every star player bought this summer will have an inflated price tag. Difficult times lay ahead for the Rossoneri but also for a lot of the other clubs in Serie A, with the possible exceptions of Internazionale and Juventus, who seem to be preparing for a squad overhaul.

• Advertisement

If Pato is sold this summer Milan will have cemented their status as a selling club. Gourcuff, Kaka, Pato?

In fairness the Kaka deal was a smart and sensible decision. He's been fairly average to very poor the last few seasons(since winning the CL in 07 :( ) for the most part + with the silly money offered, Milan were right to cash in. Shame they didn't do it when City wanted him but that was more Kaka not wanting to go wasn't it...

Selling Gourcuff was a bizarre move. While he still is inconsistent, always believed he had the talent to step up and replace Kaka.

Roma v Samp about to start, I fully expect a Roma win and predict 2-1, but I hope Samp can do us a favor tonight. Line-ups are:

Roma: 27 Julio Sergio; 77 Cassetti, 4 Juan, 29 Burdisso, 17 Riise; 7 Pizarro, 16 De Rossi; 94 Menez, 20 Perrotta, 9 Vucinic; 10 Totti
    Roma bench: 1 Lobont, 5 Mexes, 11 Taddei, 33 Brighi, 30 Toni, 19 Baptista, 22 Tonetto

Sampdoria: 30 Storari; 8 Zauri, 28 Gastaldello, 6 Lucchini, 3 Ziegler; 77 Semioli, 17 Palombo, 16 Poli, 18 Guberti; 10 Pazzini, 99 Cassano
    Sampdoria bench: 21 Guardalben, 13 Rossi, 22 Cacciatore, 12 Tissone, 20 Padalino, 7 Mannini, 90 Testardi

Totti makes it 1-0 to Roma, really bad defending from Samp.

Doria seem to be off colour till now. Vucinic has been super. Good game so far.

Go Roma!!!!!

Totti is on fire. Haven't seen him play so well in quite a while. It should certainly be more than 1-0. Hopefully they can hold on.

Samp have been very poor so far but Roma haven't been great up front and have been very wasteful. Hopefully Samp play better in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how samp are winning it is beyond me

looks like it's inters trophy

Well done Samp, and a very big Thanks, the scudetto is ours to lose now and we owe it to Samp.

Devastated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Inter back in the driving seat.

As a matter of interest, when's the last time Jose failed to win the league with a team?:eek:

RichTea wrote: »
    Devastated.
    It's not over yet, there are still 3 games left and with our form since Christmas I wouldn't be surprised if we drop points and even if we don't, if you had been told at Christmas you would be 2 points behind witt 3 to play and in the final of the Coppa you would have been very happy with that.

Really believed Roma would win the title after last weekend, gutted :(

It's not over yet, there are still 3 games left and with our form since Christmas I wouldn't be surprised if we drop points and even if we don't, if you had been told at Christmas you would be 2 points behind witt 3 to play and in the final of the Coppa you would have been very happy with that.

Knowing Serie A Lazio will be only too happy to roll over next week. Then it's Chievo and Siena. Done.

It's the hope that kills you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

flahavaj wrote: »
    Inter back in the driving seat.

As a matter of interest, when's the last time Jose failed to win the league with a team?:eek:

Last season with Chelski!

Anyone else think Miccoli really should be called up the national side>?
    It's a farcical situation with Lippi and his retarded decisions.
    Been very impressed with Miccoli all season for Palermo.

Likewise Pazzini and Cassano, though obviously it'll have to be a cold day in hell before Lippi brings Cassano back to the Azzurri set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SantryRed wrote: »
    Last season with Chelski!

Technically he wasn't in charge though, Grant was.;)

Anyone else think Miccoli really should be called up the national side>?

Definitely. Cassano should be too of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Pazzini is a legend. It was brilliant to see Roma so sickened after losing tonight, Inter are definitely going to win the scudetto. Forza Inter.

• Advertisement

Pazzini is a legend.

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He's been fairly average to very poor the last few seasons(since winning the CL in 07 :( )

Ah now, you're talking crap there, besides injuries he was first pick every game and 99% of the time the best player on the pitch.

05/06 season 35 league games 14 goals.
    06/07 season 31 league games 8 goals.
    07/08 season 30 league games 15 goals.
    08/09 season 31 league games 16 goals.

If anything he was far more consistant in his last two seasons.

Yes he scored 10 goals in europe in the 06/07 season but he was very hit and miss in the league.

Ricky was Milan's most important player last season by a long, long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hopefully Inter slip up and Lazio do Roma a favour, but I can't see it happening.

Hopefully Inter slip up and Lazio do Roma a favour, but I can't see it happening.

I wish. It just doesn't happen all that often in Serie A.

Andrea Agnelli will be the new president of Juventus as of tomorrow.

This, alledgedly, paves the way for the return of Luciano Moggi in his former role and of Pavel Nedved as manager/director of the youth sector.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Well, plenty of people in fact are claiming they are in their alongside Man. United and Barca as clear favs. I just happen to disagree.

Most definitely the best team in Serie A, sign of the times of Italian league. After both those derbies and the clear gulf, Milan can now win and go ahead?

I mean, to me this all just a sideshow anyway, I'm judging by actually watching them play above all else. Even when they were beating teams and playing at their best in the Serie A, for me, wouldn't have touched United or Barca. But of course, anomalies can happen but I think watching them shows a gulf and leaves them far away from being CL winning material.
    Ush1 wrote: »
    Yep. Hillarious at the certain Serie A experts round here sucking Joses knob cause he beat a shockingingly bad Chelsea in the CL, saying they now are real contenders for the CL.:rolleyes:

what was that ush1

I thought so

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    what was that ush1

I thought so
    In fairness to ush1, he wasn't the only one who said things like that about Italian football/Inter at the time. At the time when those posts were made I would say that the majority of people who didn't watch Italian football wrote Inter off, I remember the reaction when I said that I thought we would win the CL if we beat Chelsea for example.

5 more game this season and 5 wins would make us the first Italian team to do the treble if I'm not mistaken. Forza Inter.

In fairness to ush1, he wasn't the only one who said things like that about Italian football/Inter at the time. At the time when those posts were made I would say that the majority of people who didn't watch Italian football wrote Inter off, I remember the reaction when I said that I thought we would win the CL if we beat Chelsea for example.

5 more game this season and 5 wins would make us the first Italian team to do the treble if I'm not mistaken. Forza Inter.

i had a discussion with him so that's why im quoting his BS

i thought inter had a great chance for the CL final and guess what im right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Camoranesi on his way out of Juve apparantly,never really rated him but I'm sure their could be another season or two in him somewhere,France or England maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

what was that ush1

I thought so

That was me not rating Inter that much, I still don't. They maybe CL contenders now, but they haven't won anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

i had a discussion with him so that's why im quoting his BS

i thought inter had a great chance for the CL final and guess what im right

Actually, you were the one talking alot of BS. You said league form doesn't conicide with CL form. You said look at AC in 07, I pointed out that their league form did conincide with their CL form.

As I said before, anomalies happen, and that's all I think that is.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sexy goal from Totti just there.

Still got it.

i enjoyed the Roma match, i hope they win the league but i wouldnt expect any help from lazio against inter tomorrow

Manchester United didn't receive any help from their rivals in the Sky Sports league today. Roma shouldn't expect any either. Inter play Lazio at 7.45pm. There might be some impetus for Lazio though, Atalanta currently lead against Bologna. So the biancocelesti aren't fully safe yet. Come on you horrible gits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I'd say Totti will be regretting his thumbs - down gesture after the derby. If ever incentive was needed for Lazio not to try, that was it.

carlop wrote: »
    I'd say Totti will be regretting his thumbs - down gesture after the derby. If ever incentive was needed for Lazio not to try, that was it.

The Lazio fans I have the misfortune of knowing want their team to score an own goal and walk around the pitch showing the 'pollice verso', thumbs down gesture. Sad really, but Totti is a huge antagonist to them.

Inter are winning 1-0 at half time. Walter Samuel scored just before the half time whistle.

The Stadio Olimpico erupted with celebration. The Lazio fans were celebrating as if they had scored, very strange sight indeed.

Inter are winning 1-0 at half time. Walter Samuel scored just before the half time whistle.

The Stadio Olimpico erupted with celebration. The Lazio fans were celebrating as if they had scored, very strange sight indeed.

they also had a banner saying

"oh nooo"

"oh nooo"

Yeah I seen that, very funny.

Lazio fans hate Roma a lot more than Liverpool fans hate Man Utd, Didn't see the kop celebrating Chelsea's goals like that.

That second half was the most disgusting thing I've seen in quite some time. Of course I am slightly biased being a Roma fan but plenty of impartial observers have bemoaned Lazio's despicable efforts tonight as well. Is Serie A still bereft of fairplay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

"oh nooo"

Aw please, I need to see a picture of that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement