Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

It was a very good game imo, very lucky first goal for Lazio and a great goals for the second. Good to see Eto'o score for us, I think he played well and he looks like he has a good partnership with Milito. Man of the match for Lazio's keeper imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Wouldn't read too much into it anyway. Inter's record in this is fairly terrible considering they've had home soild for the previous 3 of them and didn't taken any of them in 90 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Rocchi's goal was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

http://www.football-italia.net/aug10j.html

Cristiano Zanetti leaves Juventus for Fiorentina for €1.5m.

Poulsen is still surplus to requirements at Juve also.

Rumours in Turin are that Secco is in Madrid to agree terms for Fernando Gago as replacement.

All the best to Zanetti! One of my favourite players.

It looks like Poulsen will stay simply because we cannot sell him. He won't agree terms with any of the clubs interested.:mad:

The last thing we need is another midfielder (although I like Gago). We need a right back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I rather Poulsen than Zanetti.
    Zanetti was worth having purely for this

I'd prefer Poulsen to Zanetti as well. Usefull back up to Momo and Mello.

Did a Serie A preview for backpage football incase any of you are interested
    http://backpagefootball.com/featured/serie-a-season-preview/

We would have gotten a lot more for Poulsen.

Poulsen is too similar to Momo and Melo. Zanetti was by far the best passer in our midfield.

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    We would have gotten a lot more for Poulsen.

Poulsen is too similar to Momo and Melo. Zanetti was by far the best passer in our midfield.

Diego?

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Diego?
    I meant of the 3 that will be getting the ball off the defence and starting moves. (Assuming we play 4-3-1-2).

Personally I think Tiago is a better passer as well

Personally I think Tiago is a better passer as well
    I don't agree. Tiago flatters to deceive a lot of the time I think.

As an aside, Zanetti's goal at the end of the season :eek:

I don't agree. Tiago flatters to deceive a lot of the time I think.

As a Chelsea fan as well I'd have to disagree. Man was extremely underated at Chelsea and bar an awful first year at Juve played well last time round and by all accounts had a great time in France and his best attribute is his passing

As a Chelsea fan as well I'd have to disagree. Man was extremely underated at Chelsea and bar an awful first year at Juve played well last time round and by all accounts had a great time in France and his best attribute is his passing

He did well at Chelsea but I've seen every match he's played for Juve and I'm really not convinced by him. He looked very good in the opening friendly of this pre season against Cisco Roma, but that's not much of an achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

If sissoko did what roy keane does and just pick the simple square pass he'd be one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He always seems to want to pass it forward and loses it.
    Tiago had a good preseason, but he'll need to improve his league form if he wants to be a first teamer.
    In Ferrera's diamond midfield I'd like to see:
    Sissoko
    Camoranesi
    Giovinco
    Diego

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

No Giovinco, thanks. The guy is overrated beyond belief. Did you see how effective he wasn't vs Aston Villa? If given no space and covered by an opposition player he has neither the strength nor the pace to do anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan being linked with Bale and Di Silvestri again today.

T'would be a great double signing and if we offload Oddo we would have two players for less than we were paying him in wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan being linked with Bale and Di Silvestri again today.

T'would be a great double signing and if we offload Oddo we would have two players for less than we were paying him in wages.

Bale, who couldn't get near the Spurs team is now good enough for Milan? How the mighty have fallen.:eek:

He's 20, bit early to be writing him off, don't ya think?
    Also, spurs have a habit of buying 15million fullbacks every 3 years and not playing any of them so the fact that he sint doing very well there really isnt an indicator of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He's 20, bit early to be writing him off, don't ya think?
    Also, spurs have a habit of buying 15million fullbacks every 3 years and not playing any of them so the fact that he sint doing very well there really isnt an indicator of anything.

Its an indicator that hes viewed as not doing enough to get into the Spurs team ahead of such luminaries as Benoit Assou Ekotu and Lee Young Pyo.

I'm not writing him off by any means, hes had his fair share of injuries and he does seem a player who might make it one day in a mid table team in the Premiership, but hes done very little so far to suggest hes good enough to play for bloody Milan either in fairness.

• Advertisement

I'd take Bale over Pasquale or Grosso... Janku is still first choice but its nice to have options.

Di Silvestri is the one that excites me.

Quint wrote: »
    If sissoko did what roy keane does and just pick the simple square pass he'd be one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He always seems to want to pass it forward and loses it.
    Tiago had a good preseason, but he'll need to improve his league form if he wants to be a first teamer.
    In Ferrera's diamond midfield I'd like to see:
    Sissoko
    Camoranesi
    Giovinco
    Diego
    Sorry but that wouldn't work.

It's far too attacking. Diego and Gio off nothing defensively.

IMO Sissoko can't plays as a lone DM because he doesn't just sit infront of the back 4, he closes down all over the place. Plus he isn't good enough on the ball to be relied on to get the ball off the defence and start attacks (we need someone to do this [Melo] because our fullbacks are crap).

I think we're going to play 4-3-1-2. The 1 will be Diego with Gio as second choice. The 3 will be made up of three from Sissoko, Marchisio, Camo, Tiago, Melo, Poulsen.

Btw, Marchisio will make his Azzurri debut tomorrow against Switzerland.

Overrated IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I'd take Bale over Pasquale or Grosso... Janku is still first choice but its nice to have options.

Gareth Bale is very mediocre and is prone to making howlers. Definitely not good enough to play for Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Doesn't Bale hold some sort of record for making the most amount of appearances for a team without actually winning a league game?

I quite fancy Juventus for Serie A this year. Even though Del Piero is getting older, I think he should still be good for at least one more crack at Serie A this season. Trezeguet is back as well, if he can stay fit and get a good run-out, he should get goals. Cannavaro/Legrottaglie/Chiellini will be a strong defensive combination. Also, we can't forget Diego, who is probably the most exciting signing an Italian team has made this Summer (ok, maybe after Eto'o).

Doesn't Bale hold some sort of record for making the most amount of appearances for a team without actually winning a league game?

I quite fancy Juventus for Serie A this year. Even though Del Piero is getting older, I think he should still be good for at least one more crack at Serie A this season. Trezeguet is back as well, if he can stay fit and get a good run-out, he should get goals. Cannavaro/Legrottaglie/Chiellini will be a strong defensive combination. Also, we can't forget Diego, who is probably the most exciting signing an Italian team has made this Summer (ok, maybe after Eto'o).

Personally I'm really excited to see Rodrigo Palacio. Man's a Boca and Champo legend and has a great record for them

Personally I'm really excited to see Rodrigo Palacio. Man's a Boca and Champo legend and has a great record for them
    I'm most looking forward to Pastore, I think he could be the star of the league this year. I know Serie A has lost it's two big players this summer but there have been a lot of players brought in too and I think it could be a more exciting league because of it. I definitely think it will be the most competitive this season anyway, the top two will probably be Inter and Juve but after that any of about 6-8 teams could be competing for a top 4 finish imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Can't see past Juventus winning some very astute signing in Diego, Melo and Cannavaro along with Trezeguet back on form and Giovinco finally getting some game time I can see Juventus being very strong this year

dor83 wrote: »
    I'm most looking forward to Pastore, I think he could be the star of the league this year. I know Serie A has lost it's two big players this summer but there have been a lot of players brought in too and I think it could be a more exciting league because of it. I definitely think it will be the most competitive this season anyway, the top two will probably be Inter and Juve but after that any of about 6-8 teams could be competing for a top 4 finish imo.

Yeah, I think Udinese could have a massive massive season this year. Some great young players and a fairly settled team from last year.

Do you think pastore will start though? Very inexperienced

Yeah, I think Udinese could have a massive massive season this year. Some great young players and a fairly settled team from last year.

Do you think pastore will start though? Very inexperienced
    He joined Palermo, I'm hoping he will start and can't see why he would have joined them to sit on the bench when bigger clubs were trying to get him too. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play, I've heard great things from a few Argentine friends who reckon he is amazing and will be a great player. The only thing I'm worried about is can he adjust to playing in Serie A but thats a worry for any player coming from another league.

I also think Udinese will have a good season, but have a feeling they could miss Quagliarella this year. I think their star player will be Alexis Sanchez and am surprised he is still with them after all the reported interest over the summer. I think he will have a great season and probably move to a big club next year, but I'm a very big fan of his so might be a bit biased.

On another note the TIM Trophy is on tonight between Inter, Juve and Milan. For anyone who is interested here is a link to a stream that is supposed to be showing it.

http://www.justin.tv/jiordanchannel_tv

Does the TIM trophy still have the American style penalties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Doing a seria a fantasy football. not too sure on the team, i was going to go for this or a 3-5-2 with huntelar and baranio instead of crespo and lucio. any opinions?

G. Buffon

T. Silva----S. Kjaer
    F. Santacroce
    Lucio

Diego--- M. Hamsik
    T. Motta----F. Melo

A. Gilardino
    H. Crespo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

I'd like to see Inter pull it off again,they've a damn good side.

Also hoping for good things from Fiorentina

Serie A looks like it'll be better than the Premiership this year.

Does the TIM trophy still have the American style penalties?
    I'm not sure to be honest, but we might find out soon enough.

Dida not in the TIM Cup Squad, was left out of the last few friendlies, hopefully this means he is off =D

That's 55k off the wage bill along with Kalax's 30k. Roma was gined as third choice behind Stoari and Abbiati, who between then 3 of them are on less than 50k a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Muchos drama in this game.
    Materazzi sent off, Julio Cesar with a spectacular save from the resulting penalty, now Juventus equalise with a minute left.
    (Just in case.) Never knew this game was on til I happened across this thread.

I want to shoot Rivas.

Mourinho giving out to the officials.:D:D:D:D:D

Probably cos he can't bring back on Quaresma for them.

Mourinho giving out to the officials.:D:D:D:D:D

Probably cos he can't bring back on Quaresma for them.
    In fairness the ref made an awful decision and it, combined with Rivas, could cost us.

Inter-Juventus:
    Excellent penalties so far, Balotelli's was extra cool, he's gonna be quite good in the future.

• Advertisement

Dida not in the TIM Cup Squad, was left out of the last few friendlies, hopefully this means he is off =D

I propose a swap deal of Dida for Rivas, we can afford the wages and he won't get near playing and we won't have to shoot Rivas so it's a win/win situation.

Materazzi is back in for this game?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

lol at the two world wars and one cup add

First post-Calciopoli silverware for Juve.:p

First post-Calciopoli silverware for Juve.:p
    And they needed the refs help to get it too.

C_3_Media_857355_immagine_l.jpg

• Advertisement

They should let Rivas hold it for a while, he was there most influential player after all lol.

Lippi: "Juve will win the Scudetto".

:cool:

Half time in the Trofeo Burlusconi.

AC Milan 0-1 Juve.
    The goal was a deflected Diego shot.
    Pirlo hit the cross bar from out side the box.
    Milan are motivated like it's the CL final :D

Half time in the Trofeo Burlusconi.

AC Milan 0-1 Juve.
    The goal was a deflected Diego shot.
    Pirlo hit the cross bar from out side the box.
    Milan are motivated like it's the CL final :D
    After the way their pre-season has been they really need to have a good game and could do with a win, they have lost every game against Inter and Juve and could do with a good win to boost confidence before they play Inter in a couple of weeks.

On another note Cambiasso has had surgery on his knee and will be out for about 6 weeks apparently so we really need a top quality midfielder, we need a playmaker anyway but this just adds to the problem. If we don't get somebody in I can see it potentially costing us the scudetto.

Pirlo is playing very well, our fullbacks are being left exposed too often though, so far Milan have been better in the second half.

• Advertisement
Advertisement