Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bit of pace and width coming on now, should help.

Abate and Boriello on for Gattuaso and Huntelaar.

winger and a target man, should improve out play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Where can ye watch this lads?

I ****ING LOVE THAT LITTLE DUCK!!!!!!!!!

Antonini on for Janku, expect him to push on more, his delivery is probably slight better too.

Pippo on the score the winner, Pato off, we really need to work their fullbacks now and get crosses into the box!

Juve settling in for the draw and penalties with Poulsen on?

Ronnie shoved off the ball as he shoots and the ref doesn't even blink, joke!

Extra Time.

I love Marco Storari!

X1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!

That's the start, not to kick on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I forgot it could go to extra time and pens and turned it off after 90 minutes. FAIL!

dor83 wrote: »
    After the way their pre-season has been they really need to have a good game and could do with a win, they have lost every game against Inter and Juve and could do with a good win to boost confidence before they play Inter in a couple of weeks.

On another note Cambiasso has had surgery on his knee and will be out for about 6 weeks apparently so we really need a top quality midfielder, we need a playmaker anyway but this just adds to the problem. If we don't get somebody in I can see it potentially costing us the scudetto.

What would you think of Sneijder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭evilbert

Anyone doing a Serie A fantasy football?

The only one i can find is here: http://fantacalcio.repubblica.it/
    it's easy enough to get through even if you don't speak italian.

if anyone would be interested in getting a league going, let me know

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    I forgot it could go to extra time and pens and turned it off after 90 minutes. FAIL!

Went straight to penos.

Storari saved the first penalty but I was still bricking it as Buffon is usually quite good in shootouts.

Was the first time in about 5 years I would have prefered to have Dida in goal, that man is a penalty saving God, pity his general play has gotten so **** lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

What would you think of Sneijder?

I'd be very happy for him to join and think he is the type of player we need but last week he said he wasn't interested in joining Inter so it might be a better idea to try for somebody who actually wants to join us. We could well miss out on signing anyone because we are putting all our efforts into getting a player who doesn't want to join us and even if Real accept an offer he might say no. I think with Cambiasso out a midfielder is a must because imo our midfield is our weakest area even with him fit, Vieira is too old, Muntari is a good squad player but not good enough to be first choice, Motta had a very good season lats year but I am still not 100% convinced by him and Stankovic need to find the form he had a couple of years ago. I would like Hamsik but don't think it will happen this year, Van der Vaart is another player I like and we could probably get him cheap, other than that I can't think of many other players we could get(I know Gourcuff has been rumoured but I can't see them selling him so soon after buying him).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Sneijder would do quite well an inter, especially without Zlatan with propper four four two being used a lot more often.

Just a little dig though, Diego:D

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    Sneijder would do quite well an inter, especially without Zlatan with propper four four two being used a lot more often.
    Reports are coming out that a deal has been agreed for Sneijder
    Inter and Real Madrid have finally come to an agreement regarding Wesley Sneijder, that will see the player join the Nerazzurri, according to Sky.

The Italian champions will reportedly pay €15 million for the midfielder, as los Blancos seem to be willing to lower their original asking price on the former Ajax star as the transfer window edges towards a close.

Sneijder had previously stated that he would prefer to remain with the Spanish giants, but was not opposed to joining the Serie A side, as he considered it a "nice option". Further evidence of the deal were reports that sporting director Jorge Valdano had flown to Dortmund to discuss the transfer with the 25-year-old. Also, Sneijder did not participate in the 5-1 friendly victory over Borussia Dortmund, sitting on the bench in civilian clothing.

If a deal was indeed finally struck - an announcement should be made in the near future - ending Inter's lengthy search for a creative force in the centre of the pitch.
    A very good signing if true and a bargain at €15m in my opinion.
    Just a little dig though, Diego:D
    OK then, here a little dig back, Maicon, Santon, Chivu, Samuel, Cambiasso, Eto'o and Milito:D

*cough* 27 *cough*

:D

• Advertisement

Reports are coming out that a deal has been agreed for SneijderA very good signing if true and a bargain at €15m in my opinion.

OK then, here a little dig back, Maicon, Santon, Chivu, Samuel, Cambiasso, Eto'o and Milito:D

biggrin.gif that was brilliant. their not a patch on poulsen though ;)

Do you think Sneijder can play at AMC behind Eto'o and Milito ?

Btw do you guys think if Juve get Rafinha or another suitable RB then its going to be the closest race ever?

Btw do you guys think if Juve get Rafinha or another suitable RB then its going to be the closest race ever?
    Possibly but we won't be signing anyone else in this window.

Del Piero wants great start
    Thursday 20 August, 2009
    Alessandro Del Piero is incredibly excited ahead of the first game of the season and has revealed Juventus are ready to give their best.

The Bianconeri will face Chievo Verona at the Olimpico in Serie A’s Week 1. “We want to start the season at full speed,” claimed Del Piero.

“Chievo are a solid team and last year they caused us trouble. I hope we will be able to win and have a really good start. We are ready for it.”

Regarding the row between Marcello Lippi and Jose Mourinho, Pinturicchio gave his opinion.

“Lippi made his prediction and there is nothing wrong with that. I don’t know why Mourinho is so annoyed about it.

“After all last year Lippi said they were going to win it and we didn’t complain about it. I hope he is right with his prediction though.

"I respect Mourinho but at the same time I don't care about him and what he says.

“I am still hoping to get a call from him for La Nazionale and I continue to work like I have always done before.”

"I respect Mourinho but at the same time I don't care about him and what he says."

:D Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

"I respect Mourinho but at the same time I don't care about him and what he says."

:D Love it!
    Legend!
    A very good signing if true and a bargain at €15m in my opinion.

At €15m that's unbelievable value! Although time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

*cough* 27 *cough*

:D

On the field 29. I don't care what Lega Calcio says. The only reason it wasn't challenged was that LC have a law which states any challenge to their ruling means automatic expulsion. A clever Catch-22, if you will.

Do you think Sneijder can play at AMC behind Eto'o and Milito?
    I hope he can and am confident he is better than anyone else we have to play there so I think he would be a good signing.
    I think even without Juve signing anyone else this should be one of the best and most competitive season I have seen, not just for the title but for the European places too.
    nipplenuts wrote: »

On the field 29. I don't care what Lega Calcio says. The only reason it wasn't challenged was that LC have a law which states any challenge to their ruling means automatic expulsion. A clever Catch-22, if you will.
    Relax mate, we were having a bit of banter so don't take it so seriously. Besides, no matter what you think, the official record books say Juve have 27 and thats what matters.

• Advertisement

I hope he can and am confident he is better than anyone else we have to play there so I think he would be a good signing.

I think even without Juve signing anyone else this should be one of the best and most competitive season I have seen, not just for the title but for the European places too.

Relax mate, we were having a bit of banter so don't take it so seriously. Besides, no matter what you think, the official record books say Juve have 27 and thats what matters.

Yet I'll hazard that third star goes on next May :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

No season is ever going to be as close as that one where Inter threw it away on the last day of the season at Lazio and Juve won it but if Juve slipped up Roma could have come in. Insane.

BTW, anyone wanna get a Serie A Fantasy Football sorted?

Also, it's 29.

Bubs101 wrote: »

I'm already in a league here: www.fantaclub.it. It'll be my tenth season - theres a bunch of us from around the world that have been playing Serie A/B with promotions and a Fanta Coppa etc. Got relegated to Serie B last time out. :( Semis in the Coppa.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    What site are you using? I'm already in two FF leagues, PL and a European, so might as well make it 3.

Serie A fantasy football:
    http://us.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Fabio Cannavaro has been taking leaders of the various Juve ultras groups out for pizza in an effort to make peace with them avoid any protests at the Chievo match on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Next scudetto the third golden star is goin on regardless :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Serie A fantasy football:
    http://us.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Fabio Cannavaro has been taking leaders of the various Juve ultras groups out for pizza in an effort to make peace with them avoid any protests at the Chievo match on Sunday.

I have no time for Ultras of any colour. I'd respect Fabio more if he took Paolo Maldini's tack with them.

The season has started, Bologna v Fiorentina is on at the moment and it has been a good game so far. Here's a stream for anybody interested:

http://www.justin.tv/footycaster_122 with English commentary.

Fiorentina Vs. Bolonga finished 1-1.

Occicial line ups for Siena Vs. Milan below.

SIENA: Curci; Rossettini, Ficagna, Brandao, Del Grosso; Jarolim, Vergassola, Codrea, Fini; Ghezzal, Maccarone.
    MILAN: Storari; Zambrotta, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Flamini; Ronaldinho; Borriello, Pato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone know what's up with Huntelaar? He's not in the squad today. :(

Also, it's Gattuaso's 400th game for the club =D

8-10 wrote: »

Never mind, commentator just mentioned him, he's suspended from his last game with Madrid.

8-10 wrote: »

ban carried over from la liga.

"Leonardo is exempt for requiring a UEFA PRO licence as he won the world cup as a player"

What a weird rule...

link, quality isnt great but the audio is perfect and its very steady.

http://www.justin.tv/vip_sport_1/popout

• Advertisement

QUACK!

What a finish.

0-1 =D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

ta for the link seaneh, just in time for the goal too. nice through ball from ronnie.

Seaneh wrote: »
    QUACK!

What a finish.

0-1 =D

25 from 55. The guy's a phenomenon. If he was playing in England................

Ghezzal with the equalizer.

1-1

1-1 now, bad defending from Milan.

Here's another link that seems a bit better.

http://www.justin.tv/chepetico_/popout

In English on Sopcast Channel - 30931

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I actually love ESPN. It's been a while since live Serie A has been on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

SantryRed wrote: »
    I actually love ESPN. It's been a while since live Serie A has been on tv.

aye, pretty pissed i'm on upc here and unable to get it. hopefully they sort **** out and offer if as a package soon. would love to have my regular serie a/milan fix again without having to track down streams here and there

I've been watching the Setanta stream here - http://iraqgoals.net/ch1.html

Don't know how good those other ones are but this is quite good.

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote: »
    aye, pretty pissed i'm on upc here and unable to get it. hopefully they sort **** out and offer if as a package soon. would love to have my regular serie a/milan fix again without having to track down streams here and there

QFT and all that!

Advertisement