Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

8-10 wrote: »
    I've been watching the Setanta ESPN stream here - http://iraqgoals.net/ch1.html

Don't know how good those other ones are but this is quite good.

FYP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Make that 26 in 55

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

lovely move there and better finish from pato, 2 - 1

Pato > Messi :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Backed forza Milan heavily at 5/6 and i know they're gonna make me sweat here. Bring on pippo!

• Advertisement

Better ratio than Rooney for one, though I think you're pushing it a bit with Messi :)

for a boy who turns 20 in a few weeks his in unbelieveable!

I'm happy enough with that.

A win is a win, but you must be sh**tin* it for next week :D

Not a convincing show.

I'm not worried about Inter, we prove don monday we can hang with the big boys when we dominated Juve for about 75 minutes, also with Huntelaar up front offering more movement than Marco we should make more chances to score. Ambrosinni will be fit enough to start aswell (did well to get 45 mins today) and TBH we have nothing to lose, we will be underdogs, the pressure will be on Inter to win and prove that they are favorites for the title...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Inter v Bari about to start, line ups are:

Inter: 12 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 23 Materazzi, 4 Zanetti; 11 Muntari, 14 Vieira, 8 Thiago Motta; 5 Stankovic; 22 Milito, 9 Eto'o.

Bari: 1 Gillet; 5 A.Masiello, 13 Ranocchia, 19 Bonucci, 21 Parisi; 90 Alvarez, 9 De Vezze, 14 Gazzi, 30 Allegretti; 99 Sforzini, 20 Kutuzov.

EDIT: Here's a stream for anybody who needs one

http://www.p2p4u.net/watch-live-sports.php?id=4431&link=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'm happy enough with that.
    Messi scored a hat trick against Real Madrid when he was 19. Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet with this Pato business...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

I cant wait for Eto 2 show his worth in Seria A. I think Barcelona were smoking pot when they let him go. So Ibra must be worth €80 mil then:L

Whether he might have bad attitude or not..I dont care..that boy will bang in goals for fun.

beya2009 wrote: »
    I cant wait for Eto 2 show his worth in Seria A. I think Barcelona were smoking pot when they let him go. So Ibra must be worth €80 mil then:L

Whether he might have bad attitude or not..I dont care..that boy will bang in goals for fun.
    Don't see him being as good for Inter as he was at Barca, he won't get the service at Inter.

Very boring first half, Eto'o and Milito are picking the ball up on the edge of the box and trying to dribble through 4 or 5 defenders every time...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

dor83 wrote: »
    Don't see him being as good for Inter as he was at Barca, he won't get the service at Inter.

Yea very good point...no iniesta or xavi at Inter but I can still see him doing very well there.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Messi scored a hat trick against Real Madrid when he was 19. Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet with this Pato business...
    Pato's goal per game ratio is better than Messi's was when he was Pato's age.
    Very boring first half, Eto'o and Milito are picking the ball up on the edge of the box and trying to dribble through 4 or 5 defenders every time...
    Yeah Inter have been very bad imo, we could have been behind too if the Bari player hadn't stood on the ball.

Also, that commentator on ESPN is awful, called Balotelli Marco and doesn't seem to be able to pronounce most of the players names.

beya2009 wrote: »
    Yea very good point...no iniesta or xavi at Inter but I can still see him doing very well there.
    I think he will do well but not as well as he did at Barca, and I also think Milito will do better for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Haven't been watching. Was it a peno? Or another dodgy decision going going Inters way?

Pato's goal per game ratio is better than Messi's was when he was Pato's age.

Yeah Inter have been very bad imo, we could have been behind too if the Bari player hadn't stood on the ball.

Also, that commentator on ESPN is awful, called Balotelli Marco and doesn't seem to be able to pronounce most of the players names.

Messi is a winger, so to compare his goal scoring prowess to Pato's is pointless, Messi was more influential to Barca when he was 19 imo, he was more capable of turning a game on its head single handedly. That's not to say Pato won't go on to be the best striker in the world, cos eventually I think he will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

doesn't seem to be able to pronounce most of the players names.

I think that's a requirement of commentators these days.

Quint wrote: »
    Haven't been watching. Was it a peno? Or another dodgy decision going going Inters way?
    Probably shouldn't have been a pen, but I'll take it anyway.

EDIT: Eto'o just missed a sitter.

1-1 awful defending from Inter but well deserved for Bari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Justice!

EDIT: Eto'o just missed a sitter.

He does that all the time, he'll miss 5 glaring chances in 5 games and then score 10 unbelievably difficult ones in the next 5.

He does that all the time, he'll miss 5 glaring chances in 5 games and then score 10 unbelievably difficult ones in the next 5.
    Yeah he can be very frustrating, especially in games like this were we need a goal. I wouldn't be surprised it Bari get another.

Full time! Nice one!

Awful performance from Inter but it's only the first game of the season and we have plenty of time to recover. Hopefully we can have a better performance next week but we badly need a midfielder now imo, Muntari was injured today and with Cambiasso already out we are short of quality in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Jose got quite lucky there

• Advertisement

Messi was more influential to Barca when he was 19 imo, he was more capable of turning a game on its head single handedly.

I don't know about that now.

Pato IS Milan's new Kaka, in that he is the player expected to pull something out of nothing now, also I was taking the piss with the comparison, you can;t really compare them, well expect for age, pace and ball carrying abilities...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I was very impressed with Ronaldinho last night. Milan's 2nd goal was brilliant. Started with Pato, 2 brilliant passes from Ronnie and Flamini and finished by Pato. I would have expected more from Borriello. For a player that doesn't score an awful lot I thought he would be a workhorse type but he was hardly involved.
    Thiago Silva looked confident although I'm not a fan of centre halves wanting to be playmakers.
    Flamini looks to be given a bit more freedom to get forward under Leonardo.

Today's match I thought Mourinho went too defensive until I saw there really wasn't much options on the bench. They were relying on Stankovic for the creativity and tbh he's not exactly a number 10 type that he was a couple of years ago. There was no direct link between midfield and the strikers. Milito played well I thought but it was never a peno. Bari could easily have broken Mourinho's 7 year unbeaten home league record and actually should have.
    Quaresma really needs to learn how to simply just cross the ball with his left foot. He's way too predictable otherwise.

Sneijder will make a huge difference to Inter. Exactly what they needed today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Anyone else think that the picture quality could be a little better. No real preview or analysis but you can get over that.

Warper wrote: »
    Anyone else think that the picture quality could be a little better. No real preview or analysis but you can get over that.
    While I do agree that the picture quality could be a bit better, it is a lot better than only having streams like we've had for the past couple of years.

While I do agree that the picture quality could be a bit better, it is a lot better than only having streams like we've had for the past couple of years.

No doubting that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Does anyone know anywhere online you can catch a highlights package? Speak a bit of Italian so I don't need the english

I don't know about a highlights show but here is a site with has highlights from a lot of the games as well as other leagues.
    http://www.videohighlights.net/tag/calcio/

Also, ESPN have a weekly show that is repeated a few times a week, including tomorrow night at around 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

The penalty decision in the Inter was very dodgy.

The commentator on ESPN was awful but it's better than streams.

He kept calling Maicon "Mason".

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    The penalty decision in the Inter was very dodgy.

The commentator on ESPN was awful but it's better than streams.

He kept calling Maicon "Mason".
    Yeah the pen was dodgy but in fairness to the ref, I thought it looked like a pen until I saw the replay.

The commentator was one of the worst I have heard in a long time, I was constantly correcting his pronunciation, my brother found it very funny. I also found it strange that there was only one commentator. Hopefully they will improve a bit this weekend with the big games, Milan v Inter on Saturday and Roma v Juve on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Yeah the pen was dodgy but in fairness to the ref, I thought it looked like a pen until I saw the replay.

The commentator was one of the worst I have heard in a long time, I was constantly correcting his pronunciation, my brother found it very funny. I also found it strange that there was only one commentator. Hopefully they will improve a bit this weekend with the big games, Milan v Inter on Saturday and Roma v Juve on Sunday.

Can't wait. A great weekend of football for me.

Friday
    Galway United - Shamrock Rovers

Saturday
    Man Utd - Arsenal
    Milan - Inter

Sunday
    Roma - Juve

Jesus lads, I was watching a 30 minute Ibrahimovic highlight reel from last year and I came across this absolute GEM of a goal. Can't believe people didn't make a bigger deal over it, one of the best counter attacks I've seen in years. Inter vs Juve last year.

Sorry about it not being relevant to this season, but nobody else on boards will talk about it! :P

Last night's Serie A highlights programme on ESPN had to be the worst highlights show I have ever seen. It looked like the games were in the 80's, cheesy music, no actual host or analyst and the commentator spoke Italian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Can't wait for Saturday. Hope Pato scores a brace... AGAIN.

Inter won't pay Wesley Sneider the wage he wants so they're missing out on the deal of the summer. And now they're going for the worst Brazilian player in europe (after Lucas) - Julio Baptista!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_5515516,00.html
    Wesley Sneijder has decided to accept a move from Real Madrid to Inter Milan, according to reports in the Italian press.

The Dutch midfielder had earlier pledged his future to the Spanish side, saying he did not want to leave the Bernabeu.

But after a meeting between Sneijder, his agent and Real Madrid officials, it now seems he has agreed to make the switch to Serie A.

The two clubs are reportedly now in the process of completing the formalities of the transfer after the player's decision became known.

Real have been looking to offload certain members of their squad since the arrival of numerous big-money signings over the summer and have once again stated that Sneijder is not in the club's plans for the coming season.

Was just about to post that myself, though I won't actually believe it until it's official.

Sportsmediaset are reporting that Rafinha and Grosso are going to sign for Juve.
    Juventus have signed Brazilian right back Rafinha from Schalke 04 for €8 million, according to Sportmediaset.

There is no official confirmation from either of the two clubs, but it is expected to arrive shortly.

Juventus have had a high profile summer in the transfer market, already signing Felipe Melo, Diego, Fabio Cannavaro and Martin Caceres and had stated a couple of weeks ago that they would be bringing in no further players.

However, the full back positions looked far from secure in the latter part of pre-season, and now Juventus have moved to strengthen their right back position by purchasing Rafinha, a fast and attacking wingback who has been likened to Selecao legend Cafu.

Rafinha fell out with Schalke last summer after he insisted on competing in the Olympics. Without permission the Brazilian international travelled to China and incurred a €700,000 fine.

The full back has been linked with a host of top clubs this summer, including Milan, Barcelona and Chelsea, but it is Juventus it seems who have secured his signature.

Sportmediaset also claims that Rafinha will not be the last arrival in Turin before the end of the transfer window. Lyon’s Fabio Grosso will also be joining to fill the left back position, and this deal could be closed within a number of hours.
    If this is true I think it will be two very good signings for Juve.

Great signings if they go through for Juve. Grosso has a few years left in him. Haven't seen Rafinha, but he's supposed to be fairly good.

I'm more excited about Rafinha but Grosso is an improvement on Molinaro so it's all good.

It's becoming ever more obvious that Lippi has a big say at Juve these days. First Canavaro, now Grosso. Italy's keeper, centre back pairing, and LB for the World Cup will spend the season playing together. The only reason we aren't getting Zambro too is that he'd be even less welcome back than Canna.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Juve look a real force now and should push Inter all the way this season I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement