Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Quint wrote: »
    Inter won't pay Wesley Sneider the wage he wants so they're missing out on the deal of the summer. And now they're going for the worst Brazilian player in europe (after Lucas) - Julio Baptista!

Heard a rumour Liverpool were in for him as well. I've no link. So you could see the 2 worst Brazilians in Europe side by side next year.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    I'm more excited about Rafinha but Grosso is an improvement on Molinaro so it's all good.
    I always rated Grosso and never understood why none of the Italian sides picked him up when Inter sold him, I think he has a few good years left in him.
    Mr Maroon wrote: »
    Italy's keeper, centre back pairing, and LB for the World Cup will spend the season playing together.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, I reckon Santon could force his way into the team if he has a goos season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

dor83 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, I reckon Santon could force his way into the team if he has a goos season.
    Maybe but I think Lippi has decided a lot of his team already. He has really brought in any new players except for that one friendly with Norn Iron, and I think if he was going to start players in the World Cup, they'd be playing most of the time now.

Milan derby is starting in about 20 mins and Sneijder will make his debut, it will be interesting to see how he plays tonight considering he has probably only trained with the team once. I think it will be a close game and a 3-2 scoreline, preferably with Inter winning. Line up's are:

Milan: Storari; Zambrotta, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Flamini; Ronaldinho; Borriello, Pato
    Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu; Zanetti, Stankovic, Thiago Motta; Sneijder; Milito, Eto'o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Any stream for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Milan derby is starting in about 20 mins and Sneijder will make his debut, it will be interesting to see how he plays tonight considering he has probably only trained with the team once. I think it will be a close game and a 3-2 scoreline, preferably with Inter winning. Line up's are:

Milan: Storari; Zambrotta, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Flamini; Ronaldinho; Borriello, Pato
    Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu; Zanetti, Stankovic, Thiago Motta; Sneijder; Milito, Eto'o

Huntelaar???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Any stream for it?

http://www.justin.tv/vip_tv_1/old

Some shot from Sneijder. Flamini is making his presence felt!
    Great game so far

• Advertisement

Definite peno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Gattuso is lucky to stay on

Disaster for AC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Gattuso gone now :eek: Clumsy tackle

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Gattuso is lucky to stay on

Justice served now, red card.

Worst 5 minutes of football for any player EVER!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Gattuso sent off while waiting to be subbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Thumped.

It's going to be a humiliation for Milan.
    Will the stream go back to the milan game when the second half starts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Really expected more from the Rossoneri here today:(. Maicon is the best full back in the world imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

It's going to be a humiliation for Milan.
    Will the stream go back to the milan game when the second half starts?

I dont watch justintv at all but im sure it will, theres only a few mins left in the madrid game.

• Advertisement

Milan were the best team for about 25 minutes. Just before Inter scored they started to look the better team. Once they scored they haven't looked back

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Really expected more from the Rossoneri here today:(. Maicon is the best full back in the world imo.
    In fairness to them I don't think they have been that bad, just Inter have been playing very well, and they have had a couple of good chances too. The red card will probably make it easy for Inter but if it hadn't happened I think they would have been close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

been very impressed with sneijder

makes me sick that he only cost inter 15m euro :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

4-0 Inter

Stankovic with a trademark cracker from outside the box.

Missed the goal!
    Here's the first one from Motta if you want to see it again. Great move
    http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=3082242

Headshot wrote: »
    been very impressed with sneijder

makes me sick that he only cost inter 15m euro :mad:

Yeah he has had a very good game, I think Milito has had an excellent game too.

Even though he didn't score, Eto'o has been quality.

Woah, it was a nice goal from Stankovic
    http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=3082351

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Inter have bought very well this summer ,probably the best purchases of any team in Europe and for very little outlay.
    Eto and Milito are some firepower,Motta and Sneijder are top buys too and Lucio is good too ,I can see them being dark horses for the Champions league this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Milito was absolutely class last night, two assists and the peno. His pass for Motta's opening goal was sublime, great link up play, pity Motta the c*nt never scored a goal for us as beautifully taken as the one he did last night. Eto'o was disappointing tbh, all engine no real venom, but once he comes good, Sneijder should be able to provide him with enough creativity to score 20+ goals. This new look inter is quite nicely balanced.

Cesar

-Maicon---Lucio---Samuel---Santon-

Cambiasso
    Motta

Sneijder

--Stankovic
    Eto'o
    Milito---

You replace Eto'o with Ibrahimovic and that's easily ones of the best sides on the planet.

• Advertisement

I think some people are basing too much on last nights game, thats the first time in long time that Iv'e seen Inter play so well and people saying that we will compete for the CL is a bit premature imo. People are forgetting that Milan were the better team for the first 20 mins and that they were down to 10 men, which had a big influence on the result. Having said that I do think we will have a good season and the signing of Sneijder is huge for us because it completes the team and links the attack with the midfield.

this would be my starting line up at the moment:

Cesar

-Maicon--Chivu--Samuel--Santon-

---Zanetti---Motta---Stankovic---

Sneijder

Eto'o
    Milito

with Cambiasso coming in for Zanetti or Stankovic when he is fit, depending on the game.

Roma v Juve starting shortly, here are the line-ups:

Roma: Julio Sergio; Cassetti, Mexes, Burdisso, Riise; Taddei, De Rossi, Pizarro; Perrotta; Menez, Totti
    Juve: Buffon; Grygera, Cannavaro, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Thiago, Felipe Melo, Marchisio; Diego; Iaquinta, Amauri

and here is a stream that is supposed to be showing it:

http://www.justin.tv/alv3

EDIT: Here's another in case that one isn't showing it

http://www.justin.tv/vip_tv_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Good first half - two stand-out goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Roma v Juve starting shortly, here are the line-ups:

Roma: Julio Sergio; Cassetti, Mexes, Burdisso, Riise; Taddei, De Rossi, Pizarro; Perrotta; Menez, Totti
    Juve: Buffon; Grygera, Cannavaro, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Thiago, Felipe Melo, Marchisio; Diego; Iaquinta, Amauri

and here is a stream that is supposed to be showing it:

http://www.justin.tv/alv3

EDIT: Here's another in case that one isn't showing it

http://www.justin.tv/vip_tv_1

I'm watching on Bet365 with my desktop set to 800 x 600 for a bigger view!

Great finish from Diego and a super strike from De Rossi.

Diego is looking like a great replacement for Nedved.

Its great having Serie A back on TV (On ESPN). I've missed it since Bravo stopped showing it.

Diego just destroyed Mexes again! 2-1. No more than Juventus deserve. Roma are a defensive shambles and deserve to be several goals down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Diego is pure class. 2 goals for him.

The footwork to completley mess Mexes for the 2nd goal was unbelivable! The goal was so good i actually celebrated it, lol.

Serie A looking alot better this season.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Serie A looking alot better this season.
    Serie A was just as good last year, it's just that people weren't watching it because it wasn't on TV so they automatically thought it was crap.

Serie A was just as good last year, it's just that people weren't watching it because it wasn't on TV so they automatically thought it was crap.
    Nah, this year is shaping up to be much better. Juventus were rebuilding last year, Milan were out of money and Roma were imploding. Inter didn't even have to be that good to win the league.

This year, at least we'll have a two horse race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Great goal Melo. This one is all over.

Nah, this year is shaping up to be much better. Juventus were rebuilding last year, Milan were out of money and Roma were imploding. Inter didn't even have to be that good to win the league.

This year, at least we'll have a two horse race.
    Milan and Roma are in worse shape than they were last year and will be pushed hard for the CL spots by the likes of Fiorentina, Genoa, Palermo etc. It's only 2 games in and Inter were very bad against Bari and good against Milan, which as I said earlier is only one game and people are making too much of it. Juve have looked good but they haven't been that much better than they were last year, they were good against Chievo but today Roma could have got something from the game imo. People are just talking about the league more because more people are watching it and if it wasn't on TV now everybody would be going on about how crap it was just like they were last year. Last year was a good season imo, this year could be better but it's too early to say.

Half time in all the remaining games and the scores are:
    Atalanta 0 - 1 Genoa
    Sampdoria 2 - 0 Udinese
    Parma 1 - 1 Catania
    Fiorentina 1 - 0 Palermo
    Napoli 2 - 0 Livorno
    Chievo 1 - 1 Lazio
    Cagliari 0 - 0 Siena

Final scores:
    Atalanta 0 - 1 Genoa
    Sampdoria 3 - 1 Udinese
    Parma 2 - 1 Catania
    Fiorentina 1 - 0 Palermo
    Napoli 3 - 1 Livorno
    Chievo 1 - 2 Lazio
    Cagliari 1 - 3 Siena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I didnt see the Milan derby on Sat night but Juve looked very good last night. Diego and Melo especially. They could be the best signings of the summer.

Warper wrote: »
    I didnt see the Milan derby on Sat night but Juve looked very good last night. Diego and Melo especially. They could be the best signings of the summer.
    Yeah, Diego is a great singing for them, he's a real goal threat from midfield and considering the rest of the summer transfer market they got him cheap.

As for the derby, I wouldn't make too much of the scoreline, Milan were the better team for the first 15-20 mins and the sending off had a big impact imo. There were a couple of great performances from Inter players like Milito, best player on the pitch imo, setting up 2 and scoring the peno, and Maicon who we have come to expect performances like that from. Sneijder had a good performance too, especially when you consider that he had only signed the day before. Barca in 2 weeks will be the big test to see how Inter will do this season, I can't wait for that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya, Mourinho could lose his amazing home record. Sneijder is what Inter needed alright - a world-class attacking midfielder. At €15m he is another quality signing. The signings in Italy this year are amazing value compared to the signings in England and Spain. Just think of Huntelaar, Sneijder, Diego, Melo, Eto'o, Milito, Crespo and Ronnie O'Brien.

Lescott is more expensive than any of them.

Juve agree fee for Grosso.
    Fabio Grosso is set to become a Juventus player after the Bianconeri agreed a £3m transfer fee with Lyon for the Italian international.

Juve have been negotiating with the French club for a while now but have been unable to find an agreement until the very last hours of the transfer window.

The French outfit requested £6m for the left-back initially but their demands were considered too high by the Turin club’s entourage.

Then Juve director Jean-Claude Blanc used his French contacts to have a word with Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas and negotiate a lower transfer fee.

Grosso will put pet to paper on a two-year contract and will officially sign before joining La Nazionale in Coverciano.
    A good signing for them imo and at £3m you can't really go wrong.

Spalletti resigns.
    Luciano Spalletti has officially had his resignation accepted by Roma, who will appoint Claudio Ranieri today.
    “I gave my resignation and the club accepted it, so we can consider our working relationship closed,” said the Coach as he left the Villa Pacelli headquarters at 11.55am UK time.

The tactician was said to be furious after the failure to reinforce the squad in the transfer market despite selling Alberto Aquilani to Liverpool for £18m.

Yesterday fans protested at the training ground and demanded his resignation after their worst start since the 1950s, when the team was relegated.

Ranieri is already set to take over, as he was in a meeting at the same venue with President Rosella Sensi for 90 minutes this morning.

Soon after the former Juventus boss had left, Spalletti arrived for a brief and decisive discussion on how to terminate his contract, which expires in July 2011.

Only the official word from Roma is needed for Ranieri to put pen to paper.
    I'm a little surprised by this, it's very bad timing imo as whoever they bring in to replace him won't have a chance to change the squad until January and thats a bad time to bring in new players imo. It's only two games into the season and they lost against two good teams in Genoa and Juve who both finished ahead of Roma last season. I really think Rosella needs to sell the club, she has done nothing good for them and I can only see things getting worse if she doesn't sell because she really doesn't have the passion for it like her father had.

Ranieri :pac:

Expect Roma to sign Molinaro in January. :p

There are rumours that the Gaddafi family are looking at buying a stake in AC Milan.

I wonder will they sign Al-Saadi? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement