Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    There are rumours that the Gaddafi family are looking at buying a stake in AC Milan.

I wonder will they sign Al-Saadi? :pac:

They can't have stakes in more than one serie A club, they already own aobut 17% of Juve through IFIL i think.

JUve got Grosso for 2m euro btw and he refused a 500k signing bonus just to leave Lyon quicker, I think Juve for the Scudetto this year, Italian cup no. 10
    and maybe CL semi's. If they achieve this then the money gained and the younger players like de ceglie marchisio fausto rossi, daud etc gtting a chace Juve will be in the top 6-7 of world clubs again! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

An interesting article about how under appreciated Serie A is from goal.com
    Saturday Game: The Milan Derby.

Prediction: A not very attractive affair. The history of this great match and the atmosphere surrounding it might be unparalleled but Milan are struggling and are losing their wheels while Inter's football for several years has been something to be proud of.

Result: Inter not only win 4-0 but also demonstrate that with Zlatan Ibrahimovic out and Wesley Sneijder in, they are more of a team now and this can enforce them to play the passing and penetrative football that will actually endear themselves to the neutrals. Milan are a shambles but Alexandre Pato once again illustrates the talent that makes him the best teenage striker in the world.

Sunday Game: Roma v Juventus

Prediction: Juventus' inspiring performance in the first-half against relegation contenders Chievo was replaced by periods of struggle in the second and Roma had played out an entertaining match against Genoa but had lost and are not the same team they were two or three years ago. Could be an entertaining match but perhaps it could just as well fizzle out.

Result: It is a very entertaining match and it doesn't fizzle out. What's more, it is one of the most exciting matches anywhere in Europe with 90 minutes of end-to-end stuff. Juventus win in the end but Roma with some luck could have replaced them in the winner's throne. Diego scores two wondergoals, Francesco Totti almost does and Felipe Melo performs some crazy goal celebrations.

One great weekend, two games on two separate days, 180 minutes of unalloyed and unbridled entertainment and Serie A is back.

Or at least it should be.

For long, the Italian top flight, once Europe's finest football league that had everything from good football to good money to good women, has been vilified for its lack of 'new-school mentality' and has been stoned by the most guilty. The archetypal of an Italian football match remains the 2003 Champions League final in which Milan and Juventus played out perhaps the most boring showpiece of the last two decades.

Saturday's and Sunday's matches, though, must come as a stunning surprise to everyone willingly relegating the Italian top flight as a second-tier domestic league. Every single myth hatched to keep the 'Serie A bashers' happy were shred to pieces. There was pace in both games, tricks came every other minute, incisive passing, exquisite crosses, penetrative football were replete and individual skills and team play went hand-in-hand. There was even a red card.

And it was there for all to see - well, maybe not all, but at least for those in the UK with subscription to the channel that is broadcasting Serie A this season.

The problem is they could only see and do nothing else. If it were the Premier League, everyone would have done parroted what the men-in-suits at the football studio would utter: best match this weekend in the best league in the world. But as Serie A (as well as La Liga) depressingly fails to compete with the Premier League in terms of marketing, there were very few who appreciated the subtle skills on show in Italy at the weekend.

The Premier League is truly brilliant but there is no doubt that without the planned, constructive marketing the English have done of their product they would not have been half as successful as they are now. At the moment it is La Liga, and not the Premier League or Serie A, that is the most attractive and most glamorous football league in Europe but except Real Madrid and Barcelona the rest of the clubs in the Spanish Primera Division would struggle to compete financially with their Premier League counterparts.

And it's not that there are 20 clubs fighting for the title in England. The Top Four inevitably end up as the Top Four and the rest play second fiddle and even less of an entertaining football; in Serie A and La Liga there is more competition and depth. True, La Liga is a two-horse race and except Juventus and Inter no one can genuinely compete for the Scudetto this time, down the ladder both in Spain and Italy clubs do tend to play pretty, penetrative, passing football rather than the incoherent, often aimless 'kickaround' game.

Thanks to Barcelona's galactic football last season and Florentino Perez's Galactic spending in the summer, La Liga is now getting its fair share of appreciation and credit and is at the moment the 'league of stars' featuring the best players in the world.

Serie A has been away from TV for long and perhaps that is why myths about Italian football have solidified. But with Calcio back on TV, Juventus looking great again, Inter adding the missing link and the 'pretenders' - Sampdoria, Genoa, Fiorentina and Napoli - all playing some excellent football, it is only a matter of time before Serie A gets its due recognition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

dor83 wrote: »
    An interesting article about how under appreciated Serie A is from goal.com

Thanks for the article. Of course the only ones who'll see your post are already aware of the quality of Serie A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    They can't have stakes in more than one serie A club, they already own aobut 17% of Juve through IFIL i think.

JUve got Grosso for 2m euro btw and he refused a 500k signing bonus just to leave Lyon quicker, I think Juve for the Scudetto this year, Italian cup no. 10
    and maybe CL semi's. If they achieve this then the money gained and the younger players like de ceglie marchisio fausto rossi, daud etc gtting a chace Juve will be in the top 6-7 of world clubs again! :D
    Their company, "Libyan Arab Foreign Investment Company", owns 7.5% of Juve.

The Agnelli Family, through EXOR S.p.A., own 60%.

The difference between first and fourth is stunning. Plus Mourinho gets more than any player

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=140643

nipplenuts wrote: »
    The difference between first and fourth is stunning. Plus Mourinho gets more than any palyer

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=140643
    Mourinho and Mancini (both still on Inter's pay-roll) are getting paid more than all of the other Serie A managers combined.

Daniele Ragatzu of Cagliari is the lowest paid player in Serie A. He's on €20,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I watched the Milan derby the other night, thought it was really good to watch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeh Sneijder was exactly what Inter were missing in their first game as I predicted. ;) Brilliant performance from him and the rest of the team. Pato was excellent for Milan. I don't know how Boriello got another start. He offers nothing.

Maicon is certain to be in my champions league FF team anyway. He's like a winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Mourinho and Mancini (both still on Inter's pay-roll) are getting paid more than all of the other Serie A managers combined.
    :eek:
    angel01 wrote: »
    I watched the Milan derby the other night, thought it was really good to watch :)
    Yeah, Roma Juve was a cracker too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Its great to have Serie A back on the box. Some high quality fare on show. Genoa are looking good and will be a tough place to go for everyone. I was hoping Inter wouldnt get Sneijder as I have Juve backed for the title. He really is what they needed. That said Juventus are looking very good also and it is going to be really close this year. If they can keep Diego fit and injury-free they can win it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Warper wrote: »
    Its great to have Serie A back on the box. Some high quality fare on show. Genoa are looking good and will be a tough place to go for everyone. I was hoping Inter wouldnt get Sneijder as I have Juve backed for the title. He really is what they needed. That said Juventus are looking very good also and it is going to be really close this year. If they can keep Diego fit and injury-free they can win it.

What channel is it on? I always watch online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

ESPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'll be in Italy between the 14th and the 29th.

I'll be in Milano on the 19th and Parma on the 20th.

I'll be Roma on the 27th.

Is there a game i could catch on these dates?

Parma v Palermo on the 20th
    Lazio v Palermo on the 27th
    There may be a couple of others that fit in to your plans, try here for fixtures. The ones I mentioned should be good game anyway so you should get in a couple of decent games.

Turin is a short distance from Milan, so you could see Juventus v Livorno on the 19th.

Depressing...
    After playing a central role in The Netherlands convincing 3-0 demolition of Japan, Wesley Sneijder looks set for an anxious wait as he undergoes scans to discover the severity of an ankle injury which forced him to leave the field on a stretcher.

Following his impressive debut in last weekend’s Derby della Madonnina, the Inter no.10 looks certain to be out of action for next weekend’s clash with Parma.

However, with the former Real Madrid player heading straight to hospital following Saturday’s friendly, it looks as if Jose Mourinho will have to sit tight and cross his fingers before he can discover whether the Dutchman will be back in time for the Champions League clash with Barcelona three days later.

After having waited patiently throughout the transfer market for the arrival of the fantasista, it seems Inter may have been handed a cruel blow, just days before they look to begin another European journey.
    Really hope it's something minor, we really can't afford to have him missing with Cambiasso out already and so soon after singing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Kaladze will be getting standing ovations wherever he goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Parma v Palermo on the 20th
    Lazio v Palermo on the 27th
    There may be a couple of others that fit in to your plans, try here for fixtures. The ones I mentioned should be good game anyway so you should get in a couple of decent games.

I have a Lazio-supporting friend. it looks like it could be that one. Many thanks.

I'll be in Firenze for the Fiorentina mid-week game too. Looking good.

This weekends fixtures:
    Saturday, September 12, 2009
    17:00 UK Livorno v Milan
    19:45 UK Lazio v Juve

Sunday, September 13, 2009
    14:00 UK Inter v Parma
    14:00 UK Atalanta v Sampdoria
    14:00 UK Palermo v Bari
    14:00 UK Bologna v Chievo
    14:00 UK Fiorentina v Cagliari
    14:00 UK Siena v Roma
    14:00 UK Udinese v Catania
    19:45 UK Genoa v Napoli
    Really looking forward to this weekends games because ESPN will be showing 3 games this weekend, Lazio v Juve, Inter v Parma and Genoa v Napoli. The stand out game for me is Genoa v Napoli, both good teams who are going to be in the running for a CL spot this year and my prediction would be 2-2 draw.

• Advertisement

I'm really looking forward to all three of the live games this weekend. I think Parma have a chance of getting something from Inter. Lazio will be tough for us but I think we'll wn. Genoa - Napoli should be a great match hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

is eto'o fit for inter

and what is that parma side like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Bari v Palermo is an interesting game for me as the other half is from Bari.:)

I have been to St Nicholas Stadium to watch them on a few occasions when I am there and they are quite a good team.It is no real surprise that they drew with Inter and they have a good historical record against them I believe.Pity Lecce went down as I'd travel to see that game dragging the other half in tow.:D

I wonder if Donati will make a difference for Bari.They are owned by Tim Barton who is Irish or Irish American so anymore Irish link there is always extra special.

Hope to see some Bari matches on the box and that I can follow Serie A.Would it be better to get ESPN or would anybody have better advice?

Thanks in advance.

Headshot wrote: »
    is eto'o fit for inter

and what is that parma side like ?

Parma have a talented little squad. This is how they lined out in week 2

Parma: Mirante; Zenoni, Paci, Lucarelli, Panucci; Galloppa (Dellafiore 82), Morrone, Mariga; Biabiany (Bojinov 80), Paloschi, Lanzafame (Lunardini 66)

Headshot wrote: »
    is eto'o fit for inter

Eto'o seems to be fit, Sneijder not

blackbelt wrote: »
    Hope to see some Bari matches on the box and that I can follow Serie A.Would it be better to get ESPN or would anybody have better advice?

Thanks in advance.
    Streams would be the best chance you have of seeing Bari regularly because ESPN will generally show the big teams before any others, they will be on TV a few times but I doubt they will be on regularly enough to be worth your while getting ESPN if thats they only reason your getting it.
    Eto'o seems to be fit, Sneijder not
    Sneijder is fit, he played for Holland last night.
    Inter’s Wesley Sneijder will be available for selection this weekend after playing in Holland’s 1-0 win over Scotland on Wednesday.

The Dutch midfielder was a major doubt after picking up an ankle problem last Saturday, with some reports suggesting he could be out for a significant period of time.

However, the £14m summer signing from Real Madrid was not only named in the squad but played 77 minutes of their Hampden Park World Cup qualifier last night.

The attacking midfielder, whose country have qualified for World Cup 2010 with a 100 per cent record, is thus expected to be declared fit enough to take on Parma at San Siro on Sunday.

However, it is understood that boss Jose Mourinho may save him for Wednesday’s Champions League opener against Barcelona.

• Advertisement

blackbelt wrote: »
    Bari v Palermo is an interesting game for me as the other half is from Bari.:)

I have been to St Nicholas Stadium to watch them on a few occasions when I am there and they are quite a good team.It is no real surprise that they drew with Inter and they have a good historical record against them I believe.Pity Lecce went down as I'd travel to see that game dragging the other half in tow.:D

I wonder if Donati will make a difference for Bari.They are owned by Tim Barton who is Irish or Irish American so anymore Irish link there is always extra special.

Thanks in advance.

Bari have played really really well in their first two games and had they had a better finisher than Kutuzov they definitely would have won both of them. if they're playing at home they could easily win but away they haven't a chance

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Bari have played really really well in their first two games and had they had a better finisher than Kutuzov they definitely would have won both of them. if they're playing at home they could easily win but away they haven't a chance

They travelled well in Serie B but travelling away and winning in Serie A is such a hard feat.I still reckon they can put some good results together away against Genoa,Palermo,Roma and Livorno.Teams like that and maybe cause an upset at home against a team like Juve.They are a very unpredictable team.My only concern would be that they haven't spent enough money getting in new players.

travelling to an Island in Serie A almost guarantees a loss if your not a top 4 club

Bubs101 wrote: »
    travelling to an Island in Serie A almost guarantees a loss if your not a top 4 club

The hotter conditions may suit Palermo more.;)

For those who haven't heard yet, Moratti has announced that Inter are going to build a new stadium.
    Plans are under way for a 65,000-seat stadium that will be the new home of Inter, according to its President Massimo Moratti.

Moratti said that the team will not extend its contract with San Siro officials, and hopes that the new stadium will be ready by 2014, according to Virgilio Sport.

The stadium will be situated in Pero, north-east of Milan, near where a new proposed train line will be running to and from.

The new home is expected to cost approximately €400million, with Moratti not sparing any expense in providing a quality experience for the paying patron.

Everything from personalised seats for members to hand-held screens, showing replays and goals will be available for those who come to Inter matches.

As for the name, Moratti hints that the stadium will honour Nerazzurri Legend Giacinto Facchetti, as he is the symbol of the club.
    I have mixed feelings about this, I will miss the San Siro and we have 100 years of history there but I am happy that we are getting a better, more up to date stadium that will belong to the club rather than leasing it from the council. We will also be making more money from match day revenue, I read that we get €30m per season at the moment but with the new stadium it is estimated that we should get €100m, which is a huge difference.

• Advertisement

For those who haven't heard yet, Moratti has announced that Inter are going to build a new stadium.I have mixed feelings about this, I will miss the San Siro and we have 100 years of history there but I am happy that we are getting a better, more up to date stadium that will belong to the club rather than leasing it from the council. We will also be making more money from match day revenue, I read that we get €30m per season at the moment but with the new stadium it is estimated that we should get €100m, which is a huge difference.

Following in our footsteps as usual. :D

Following in our footsteps as usual. :D
    But ours will be a new stadium altogether rather than rebuilding the old stadium, more like Arsenals move to the Emirates but without selling the name to a sponsor. The one thing I don't understand about Juve's new stadium is why they made the capacity so small, it's 41,000 from what I read, I know that they don't have the highest attendance but for a top team 41,000 is low imo. Either way, it's good to see Italian teams improving their stadiums but hopefully it won't take away from the atmosphere because it's one of the best places in the world for atmosphere in their stadiums.

But ours will be a new stadium altogether rather than rebuilding the old stadium, more like Arsenals move to the Emirates but without selling the name to a sponsor. The one thing I don't understand about Juve's new stadium is why they made the capacity so small, it's 41,000 from what I read, I know that they don't have the highest attendance but for a top team 41,000 is low imo. Either way, it's good to see Italian teams improving their stadiums but hopefully it won't take away from the atmosphere because it's one of the best places in the world for atmosphere in their stadiums.

Our stadium is totally new. It's just being built on the site of the old Delle Alpi. The Delle Alpi was knocked to the ground.

Unfortunately, 41,000 is plenty big enough. It's much better to have a stadium that big sold out than to have that many or less rattling around in the old 70,000 capacity stadium. Apparently, we will be able to expand it by something like 8,000-10,000 in the future if needs be.

The new stadium will have a sponsor's name by the way.

Unfortunately, 41,000 is plenty big enough. It's much better to have a stadium that big sold out than to have that many or less rattling around in the old 70,000 capacity stadium. Apparently, we will be able to expand it by something like 8,000-10,000 in the future if needs be.
    I just think it would be a better idea to have about a 50,000 because there will always be a 6-8 games a season were they will fill the stadium and the extra few thousand will make a difference. I suppose with the option to expand they are covering both options really but I expect that in a few years time they will expand it and it would be cheaper to just make it bigger now, but I might be wrong.
    The new stadium will have a sponsor's name by the way.
    Inters new stadium will be named after someone from the Grande Inter, preferably Giacinto Facchetti because he was a true legend and stayed with Inter for his whole life. If not Fachetti, I would personally like to see it named after Angelo Moratti because he was the one who made it possible for that Inter team to be so successful.

I just think it would be a better idea to have about a 50,000 because there will always be a 6-8 games a season were they will fill the stadium and the extra few thousand will make a difference. I suppose with the option to expand they are covering both options really but I expect that in a few years time they will expand it and it would be cheaper to just make it bigger now, but I might be wrong.

Inters new stadium will be named after someone from the Grande Inter, preferably Giacinto Facchetti because he was a true legend and stayed with Inter for his whole life. If not Fachetti, I would personally like to see it named after Angelo Moratti because he was the one who made it possible for that Inter team to be so successful.

I think you're overestimating our crowds. We don't often sell out the Olimpico (capacity 27,994). We had 237 in the Delle Alpi at a Coppa match against Samp once!

Will Inter's stadium have a company's name as well or anything? It's very unusual these days for a new stadium not to. It doesn't make much economic sense.

I think you're overestimating our crowds. We don't often sell out the Olimpico (capacity 27,994). We had 237 in the Delle Alpi at a Coppa match against Samp once!
    Yeah, it's a really strange situation, one of the most supported clubs in Europe can't get enough people into the stadium. I still think they will eventually have to expand it, if only for the big games in both Serie A and the CL.

Will Inter's stadium have a company's name as well or anything? It's very unusual these days for a new stadium not to. It doesn't make much economic sense.
    I think Moratti realises that the fans won't be happy with a company name on the stadium and respects that more than making a bit of money, he will be increasing match day revenue anyway by owning the stadium. I also hope he consults the fans to see what they feel the stadium needs, as much as heated seats and handheld screens will improve the experience for some I don't think the Ultras will need it or want it. I don't think that kind of stuff would be good for the atmosphere if put in the curva's, they shouldn't even put backs on the seats there because it would make it more difficult to stand and this would also take away from the atmosphere. There are a lot of good aspects from the old stadiums that I think they should keep, we don't want to dilute the experience with commercialisation of the stadiums.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Yeah, it's a really strange situation, one of the most supported clubs in Europe can't get enough people into the stadium. I still think they will eventually have to expand it, if only for the big games in both Serie A and the CL.

They are the biggest supported team in italy but there fan base inst turin.

I'm gona start putting the match day previews in this if thats ok?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Diego will be out to show he can live up to the great expectations created by his stunning start in Serie A when his Juventus side visit Lazio on Saturday (1845 GMT).

The Brazilian playmaker, who moved from Werder Bremen in the close season, laid on the winning goal in his debut against Chievo Verona on the opening day and then scored twice as Juve maintained their perfect start with a 3-1 win at AS Roma.

Those performances have led to comparisons to imported past masters such as Zico, Michel Platini, Zinedine Zidane and fuelled hope among the Turin side's fans that they have the player with the quality needed to surpass champions Inter Milan.

"I knew Diego was good, but even I didn't expect a player with such strength, skill and technique," coach Ciro Ferrara told reporters. "He's surprising me."

While the 24-year-old's sweet right foot, speed and ability to beat opponents have won plaudits, what has really impressed fans and fellow players is the determination and character he has displayed.

Some pundits have even dared to point out that, while Platini and Zidane took some time to get the measure of the highly tactical Italian league, Diego has had an instant impact.

But Ferrara has warned against getting carried away. "It's only beginning," he said. "Let's not weigh him down with too much responsibility."

Ferrara may rest some regulars in Rome this weekend in view of Tuesday's Champions League game against Girondins Bordeaux after seven of his men played in Italy's 2-0 win over Bulgaria in Wednesday's World Cup qualifier.

Lazio are upbeat after they too won their opening two games to share the top spot with Juve, Genoa and Sampdoria.

But the hosts may be without in-form Argentine Mauro Zarate, who has a leg problem, while fellow forward Tommaso Rocchi also has a knock.

AC Milan, who have three points from two games, will want to improve from the 4-0 drubbing they suffered in the derby against Inter when they visit Livorno earlier on Saturday (1600).

On Sunday (1300) Inter entertain promoted Parma, who, like the champions, have four points.

Roma's visit to Siena on Sunday will be their first match under former Juventus and Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri after Luciano Spalletti quit following two defeats in as many games.
    Saturday, September 12, 2009
    Time Home Away TV VENUE
    17:00 UK Livorno v AC Milan Armando Picchi
    19:45 UK Lazio v Juventus Olimpico
    Sunday, September 13, 2009
    Time Home Away TV VENUE
    14:00 UK Internazionale v Parma Giuseppe Meazza
    14:00 UK Atalanta v Sampdoria Atleti Azzurri d'Italia
    14:00 UK Palermo v Bari Renzo Barbera
    14:00 UK Bologna v Chievo Verona Renato Dall'Ara
    14:00 UK Fiorentina v Cagliari Artemio Franchi
    14:00 UK Siena v AS Roma Artemio Franchi Montepaschi Arena
    14:00 UK Udinese v Catania Friuli
    19:45 UK Genoa v Napoli Comunale Luigi Ferraris

Outstanding game this week is Lazio Juve. I think games like this will be important for Juve. They need to win these games to push on from last season.

I see Inter winning and AC drawing

kearnsr wrote: »
    They are the biggest supported team in italy but there fan base inst turin.
    The same is said about Man Utd., that they don't have many supporters from Manchester(I'm not saying it is neccesicarily true but people do say it) but they fill their stadium every week. It's situations like the games in which they only get a few hundred attending that is weird, it has happened in the CL before too, and it's not like the tickets are that expensive either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Wasn't one of the main problems with the Delle Alpi its location? I remember hearing that it was quite far out of Turin and wasn't particularly well served by public transport, has this been addressed at all with the new stadium?

• Advertisement

The same is said about Man Utd., that they don't have many supporters from Manchester(I'm not saying it is neccesicarily true but people do say it) but they fill their stadium every week. It's situations like the games in which they only get a few hundred attending that is weird, it has happened in the CL before too, and it's not like the tickets are that expensive either.

Yeah, against Ajax in the group stage. I remember watching it on tv, it was like a match played behind closed doors.

Juve play "home" friendlies in places like Palermo and sell out the stadium!

carlop wrote: »
    Wasn't one of the main problems with the Delle Alpi its location? I remember hearing that it was quite far out of Turin and wasn't particularly well served by public transport, has this been addressed at all with the new stadium?

No, the main problem was the running track. Destroyed the stadium.

I've been to the Olimpico and I had no problem getting there but I was relying on public transport, not a car so it could be different

carlop wrote: »

That won't change. The new stadium will be on the same site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

That won't change. The new stadium will be on the same site.

Ok, I knew it was the same site, I just thought they might have improved the transport links. The metro in Turin was built pretty recently so I was wondering if they'd incorporated the new stadium into it in some way.

Lazio v Juve starting in a few mins, line up's are:

Lazio: Muslera; Lichtsteiner, Diakhite, Siviglia, Kolarov; Dabo, Baronio, Mauri; Matuzalem; Foggia, Cruz
    Lazio bench: Bizzarri, Radu, Eliseu, Meghni, Del Nero, Inzaghi, Faraoni

Juventus: Buffon; Caceres, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Grosso; Camoranesi, Melo, Marchisio; Diego; Amauri, Trezeguet
    Juventus bench: Manninger, Cannavaro, De Ceglie, Tiago, Poulsen, Giovinco, Iaquinta

EDIT: Here's a couple of streams for those who need them.

http://www.magedtv.net/ch1.html

http://www.justin.tv/luchito80886/popout

http://www.justin.tv/luchito80886

Giovinco on for an injured Diego, hopefully it's not a serious injury because I like watching him play but a serious injury could be good for Inter.

EDIT: Lazio have a goal wrongly disallowed, ref helps juve.

EDIT: Lazio have a goal wrongly disallowed, ref helps juve.

It was for the foul on Legrotaglie. Take your Inter blinkers off ;)

It was for the foul on Legrotaglie. Take your Inter blinkers off ;)
    That was never a foul, even the commentators said that, I think its a case of you with your Juve blinkers. Good game so far though, both teams have had good chances and Trezeguet has look good.

That was never a foul, even the commentators said that, I think its a case of you with your Juve blinkers. Good game so far though, both teams have had good chances and Trezeguet has look good.

Ah, touche ;)

• Advertisement

It's been OK, Lazio are better organised, I think. I'm not watching in English, so I don't know what the commentators are saying :)

Advertisement