Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Juve v Fiorentina is finished and the score was
    1-1, Vargas for Fiorentina and Amauri for Juve.
    Genoa v Inter in 45 mins should be a good, close game, Inter without Eto'o and Milito might struggle to find goals but Genoa are also pretty poor defensively.

Genoa v Inter line-up's:

Genoa: 32 Amelia; 25 Biava, 24 Moretti, 26 Bocchetti; 15 Papastathopoulos, 77 Milanetto, 21 Zapater, 23 Modesto; 10 Palladino, 33 Floccari, 14 Sculli.

Inter: 12 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 4 Zanetti, 11 Muntari, 19 Cambiasso; 5 Stankovic, 10 Sneijder; 45 Balotelli.

Balotelli up front on his own, surprised he didn't go with Suazo alongside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dor83 wrote: »
    Genoa v Inter line-up's:

Genoa: 32 Amelia; 25 Biava, 24 Moretti, 26 Bocchetti; 15 Papastathopoulos, 77 Milanetto, 21 Zapater, 23 Modesto; 10 Palladino, 33 Floccari, 14 Sculli.

Inter: 12 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 4 Zanetti, 11 Muntari, 19 Cambiasso; 5 Stankovic, 10 Sneijder; 45 Balotelli.

Balotelli up front on his own, surprised he didn't go with Suazo alongside him.

eto'o and milito injured ?

Headshot wrote: »
    eto'o and milito injured ?
    Yeah, Eto'o has a foot injury and Milito has a thigh strain since the Udinese game 2 weeks ago but he might be back for the CL game on tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Juve are turning into a bit of a shambles. Everyone was poor today except Canna, Chiellini and Poulsen (who was our best player :eek: ).

You have to question the wisdom of starting with 3 defensive mids at home against Fiorentina. Ferrara made some bizarre substitutions too.

We really need Del Piero back.

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    Juve are turning into a bit of a shambles. Everyone was poor today except Canna, Chiellini and Poulsen (who was our best player :eek: ).

You have to question the wisdom of starting with 3 defensive mids at home against Fiorentina. Ferrara made some bizarre substitutions too.

We really need Del Piero back.
    Didn't see the game myself as I was watching the attempt at a qualifying session for the F1, where they really that bad? Ferrara is showing his inexperience a bit alright, but Inter haven't been at there best so far this season, although we have had a bit more luck than Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what a 3rd goal

that was unreal technique

Headshot wrote: »
    what a 3rd goal

that was unreal technique
    Yeah, it's not very often you see a volley go in from nearly the half way line, Amelia should be shot for that kick out though. Genoa are bad defensively, nothing unusual there though.

Great technique by Stank.

Milanetto's would have been a great finish too had it been onside.

• Advertisement

dor83 wrote: »
    Didn't see the game myself as I was watching the attempt at a qualifying session for the F1, where they really that bad? Ferrara is showing his inexperience a bit alright, but Inter haven't been at there best so far this season, although we have had a bit more luck than Juve.
    4-3-1-2 is proving to have been a mistake. We don't have the topclass fullbacks that it requires. Also, Diego can't do all the creating on his own. That's why we need DP so badly. Ferrrara should give Giovinco a chance while DP is injured but that doesn't seem likely.

The Iaquinta - Amauri "partnership" has to stop. They never pass to each, they get in each others' way and then they stand there giving out to each other. Between them they had enough chances today to win the match, chances that I suspect David Trezeguet would have made more of.

Grygera had a bit of a nightmare today but I blame that on the fact he had absolutely ZERO protection in front of him. It was just him on our right side.

The team got booed and whistled off the pitch at the end. I hope the fans don't turn on Ferrara or start singling out players for abuse like they did with Zebina at the end of last season.

While Del Piero and Marchisio are out I'd play this:
    Buffon

Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Grosso

Sissoko - Felipe Melo

Camoranesi - Diego - Giovinco

Trezeguet

I'm a big fan of Giovinco myself, think he will be a world class player if he is given a chance but he might need to move clubs to get that chance. As for Amauri and Iaquinta, I can't understand why Trez isn't playing instead of one of them , I think he has done well when played this season and should be starting.

Todays results so far
    Lazio 1-1 Sampdoria
    Livorno 1-2 Palermo
    Catania 2-1 Cagliari
    Udinese 1-3 Atalanta
    Parma 1-0 Siena
    Napoli 2-1 Bologna
    Chievo 1-2 Bari

Milan v Roma kicking off now, should be a good game. Line-up's are:

Milan: Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta; Abate, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Pato, Ronaldinho.
    Roma: Doni; Cassetti, Mexes, Burdisso, Riise; Taddei, De Rossi, Pizarro, Perrotta; Menez, Vucinic

EDIT:
    Menez puts Roma 1 up after an awful back pass from Thiago Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Controversial (though justified imo) penalty for Milan, great finish from Ronaldinho. Then a wonderful pass from Ronaldinho, Pato brings it down, controls it well and lovely finish for 2-1. Ambrosini got sent off in the last 10 mins (a wee bit harsh) but Milan held on, cracker of a game.

So Sampdoria and Juve drop vital pts with a draw each and Inter beat up and coming Genoa 5-0 away from home without Milito and Eto'o - is this the most one-sided league in Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I think that the fans have every right to attack Ferrara. Tactically and positionally, some of his decision making is shocking. Against Fiorentina for example, Diego seemed to be playing in a deep Alonso-type role with Sissoko playing ahead of him :eek: Several times Diego was playing a simple pass to Sissoko, who would then proceed to play through balls, giving it away every time.

Controversial (though justified imo) penalty for Milan, great finish from Ronaldinho. Then a wonderful pass from Ronaldinho, Pato brings it down, controls it well and lovely finish for 2-1. Ambrosini got sent off in the last 10 mins (a wee bit harsh) but Milan held on, cracker of a game.
    It was a good game alright and I'd agree it was a stone wall pen and the red card was a bit harsh too.
    So Sampdoria and Juve drop vital pts with a draw each and Inter beat up and coming Genoa 5-0 away from home without Milito and Eto'o - is this the most one-sided league in Europe?
    You could say the same about the Prem after the weekend, Pool and Chelsea lose and City draw while Utd win without Rooney, Vidic and Fletcher. But it is only October and there will be a lot of points dropped before the end of the season.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't agree, personally I think Inter are in a league of their own. The win against Genoa (up and comers) was like Utd beating City or Villa 5-0 away without Rooney or Berba IMO. Juve are all over the place and I think Inter will start pulling away in the next few weeks

I wouldn't agree, personally I think Inter are in a league of their own. The win against Genoa (up and comers) was like Utd beating City or Villa 5-0 away without Rooney or Berba IMO. Juve are all over the place and I think Inter will start pulling away in the next few weeks
    But Genoa are much worse than the like of City or Villa in defence, they have the worst defensive record in the league, but they normally attack well and they didn't do against Inter. That is just one game and Inter will still drop a lot of points over the course of the season, Eto'o will be missing for the African Nations and that leaves us short of good strickers, and I think it will be very close at the end of the season.

I agree that Serie A is a totally one-sided.

Juve have the players to be at the same level as Inter but Ferrara isn't the man for the job. I wanted Cesare Prandelli or Gian Piero Gasperini, someone experienced, unlike Ciro. Ciro may turn out to be a good manager but Juve just isn't the place the learn the ropes.

Guus Hinddink after the World Cup. *fingers crossed*

Approx. €60 million worth of fail. :P

attachment.php?attachmentid=39497&stc=1&d=1255977976

das2hgj45.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Great comeback by Milan, Huntelaar again looked way out of his depth, failed experiment, time to re-invest!

Nesta = GOAT.

Dida, for all his blunders and stupidity goes and pulls off a save like that, OMG, the reaction of the players at the whistle shows that they still care too.

heart in mouth stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

It really didn't look like it was going to be their day, so many chances and all the possesion.
    But they stuck at it and got the reward. Great save by Dida (to keep my bet alive) near the end.

All results for Week 9:
    Atalanta - Parma
    3-1
    Bari - Lazio
    2-0
    Cagliari - Genoa
    3-2
    Chievo - Milan
    1-2
    Fiorentina - Napoli
    0-1
    Inter - Catania
    2-1
    Palermo - Udinese
    1-0
    Roma - Livorno
    0-1
    Samp - Bologna
    4-1
    Siena - Juventus
    0-1

Week 10 28/10/09 (This Wednesday)

Bologna - Siena
    Catania - Chievo
    Genoa - Fiorentina
    Inter - Palermo
    Juventus - Sampdoria
    Lazio - Cagliari
    Livorno - Atalanta
    Napoli - Milan
    Parma - Bari
    Udinese - Roma

Tonight's results:
    Bologna - Siena
    2-1

Catania - Chievo
    1-2

Genoa - Fiorentina
    2-1

Juventus - Samp
    5-1

Lazio - Cagliari
    0-1

Livorno - Atalanta
    1-0

Napoli - Milan
    2-2

Parma - Bari
    2-0

Udinese - Roma
    2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Just done a 6 team accumulator on some of tonights games, 3 of which were serie A;

Spoiler
    Done Juve, Udinese, and..... AC Milan.
    Was at work so only had teletext, couldn't believe my eyes when the Milan result came through. Let me down for £630 for a £20 stake.

Gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fenix wrote: »
    Just done a 6 team accumulator on some of tonights games, 3 of which were serie A;

Spoiler
    Done Juve, Udinese, and..... AC Milan.
    Was at work so only had teletext, couldn't believe my eyes when the Milan result came through. Let me down for £630 for a £20 stake.

Gutted.

I thought everyone knew not to touch Milan at the moment? Utterly unreliable from one week to the next.

While Del Piero and Marchisio are out I'd play this:
    Buffon

Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Grosso

Sissoko - Felipe Melo

Camoranesi - Diego - Giovinco

Trezeguet

Interesting you should say that... http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2639/calcio-debate/2009/10/29/1591047/calcio-debate-juventus-v-sampdoria-proves-that-ciro-ferrara-must-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Inter-Palermo HT Score
    4-0 Inter, 2 Balotelli, 2 Eto'o

FT Score
    Finished 5-3 with Palermo back to 4-3 for a good while.

My post was 12 days before that article. If anything they're copying me. ;)

Goal.com is awful muck though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Another good win for Parma, heard they were 2 crackers from Bojinov/Paloschi so I'm lookin forward to the highlights on ESPN.

Anybody seen Cassano playing lately? The guy is on fire, absolute genius.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

cashville wrote: »
    Another good win for Parma, heard they were 2 crackers from Bojinov/Paloschi so I'm lookin forward to the highlights on ESPN.

Anybody seen Cassano playing lately? The guy is on fire, absolute genius.

If you take out Wednesday I think him and Gigi have been the best players in the league this year

I don't know why Lippi won't pick him..well I do know why, but he seems (a little) bit more mature now.

He's far and away the best so far IMO, so many assists and a few goals, mesmerising runs, a joy to watch!

Oh FFS -
    Juve lose at home to Napoli (two for Hamsik) if Inter win tomorrow against Livorna they go 8pts top after only 11 games - what a one-sided league

Milan game on at the moment - amazing save earlier from Dida and lovely assist from Ronaldinho

It's disappointing to see Inter so far ahead already, I really thought Samp would give them a go until Christmas at least, if they stayed injury free....but they slipped up with a draw at home. They were lucky not to lose!

Stephen Appiah is back in Serie A! He has signed for Bologna.

In other news, some English fella called Beckham is going back on loan to Milan in January.

Stephen Appiah is back in Serie A! He has signed for Bologna.

In other news, some English fella called Beckham is going back on loan to Milan in January.

Nice! Was Appiah a free agent there for a while or what?

Has anyone ever been over to see an Italian league game?? I'd love to go, was a boards.ie trip ever brought up?

Nice! Was Appiah a free agent there for a while or what?
    He had been a free agent since June 2008. He had still been a regular in the Ghana team though.

I thought that alright, that's a long time!!! Wonder how he'll get on, they must be stuck!

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever been over to see an Italian league game?? I'd love to go, was a boards.ie trip ever brought up?

I saw the Rome Derby in 2001 where Roma won 5-1. Easily one of the best days of my life and I've been defending the Ultras ever since. Might be moving to Catania or Sassari (second biggest town in Sardinia) so I will hopefully be able to get a few more matches under my belt

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I saw the Rome Derby in 2001 where Roma won 5-1. Easily one of the best days of my life and I've been defending the Ultras ever since. Might be moving to Catania or Sassari (second biggest town in Sardinia) so I will hopefully be able to get a few more matches under my belt

Don't suppose you have any pics you could post up? Sounds like it was amazing....I'd love to go to the Ennio Tardini to see Parma, I'd say the Olimpico was unreal.

Don't suppose you have any pics you could post up? Sounds like it was amazing....I'd love to go to the Ennio Tardini to see Parma, I'd say the Olimpico was unreal.

It was 2001, the digital camera was a myth. Anyway, the pictures bring back bad memories. Had a disposable with 23 or so pictures and when the match was over I had one left so i ran down to the front where the cages are before the tunnel to see the players up close and Totti was right in front waving to the crowd so I rammed my camera up and took a snap only for some ****ing idiot to put his hand right in the middle of the shot meaning I got the back of a hand wearing a wig.

Atmosphere was insane as it was the biggest match of the year, the Lazio fans nearly pushed the Roma team bus over on the way in. The city the next day was so happy as well. Was wearing my Totti jersey and you'd get stopped by every fifth person or so even though you wouldn't know your ciao from your arrivederci

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You might be moving to Sicily, Bubs?

Savage spot, I plan to visit every year for the rest of my life. You'll put on at least a stone from massive portions of pasta alla norma alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Palermo doing well

JP Liz wrote: »
    Palermo doing well

Always had a soft spot for Palermo... WWWDL i think in the last 5, Bologna away next would fancy them to pick up 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I was in Parma the day Parma played, in Firenze the day Fiorentina played a game and in Roma the day Lazio played. Didn't make it to a stadium of a game. Pretty annoyed about that. :(

I was very close to buying a Bologna jersey but opted for a Roma jersey from a shop just outside Termini.

How anybody could idolise Totti after watching him being moody, lazy and constantly diving amazes me.

Morf wrote: »
    I was in Parma the day Parma played, in Firenze the day Fiorentina played a game and in Roma the day Lazio played. Didn't make it to a stadium of a game. Pretty annoyed about that. :(

I was very close to buying a Bologna jersey but opted for a Roma jersey from a shop just outside Termini.

How anybody could idolise Totti after watching him being moody, lazy and constantly diving amazes me.

The chips and the loyalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The chips and the loyalty.

Hmmm the ultras weren't happy he was courting the owner about a new contract when they're up the ****ter financially. That doesn't show much loyalty. Hardly compared to Damiano Tommasi.

Not that i hold any regard for the views of Ultras of any creed.

I tried to watch the Inter-Barcelona game in Italy, the coverage is absolutely horrendous. The commentator had a fit every time Maicon touched that ball. Italy is a great nation but their over the top obsession for football is not one of their greatest attributes.

Morf wrote: »
    Hmmm the ultras weren't happy he was courting the owner about a new contract when they're up the ****ter financially. That doesn't show much loyalty. Hardly compared to Damiano Tommasi.

Not that i hold any regard for the views of Ultras of any creed.

The Ultra's would never turn on Totti, he's one of them and they don't blame him for that, they blame that Sensi witch and rightfully so. Totti should be able to demand whatever he wants from that club. He could have moved on to greener pastures so many times and never did and the club owes him alot for that. And lol at saying Tommasi has more loyalty than Totti. Tomassi was more ideas on social reform, not loyalty

Nedved set for Juve job?

Sunday 15 November, 2009

Pavel Nedved’s return to Juventus as a director is “imminent,” according to Tuttosport newspaper.
    The Czech hung up his boots in the summer after a long career in the Bianconeri jersey and had turned down the option of joining Ciro Ferrara’s staff.

Reports today suggest that Nedved has changed his mind to a degree and, after a year-long sabbatical, he will come back to Turin as a director.

Tuttosport claims this is just the start of his new career, as he could then move out from behind the desk.

Nedved had originally been offered the role of working with the youth team – the position Ferrara had before he became a Coach.

Others hint at a job connecting the squad and staff to the club hierarchy.

Only recently President Jean-Claude Blanc reiterated that “the doors are wide open for Nedved.”

Legend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement