Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2009/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Half Time scores:

AC Milan - Cagliari
    3-2 up

Roma - Bari
    3 - 0, Totti hattrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how has Diego played for juve this season so far ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Triad absolved in Juventus trial

Tuesday 24 November, 2009

The Triad composed of Antonio Giraudo, Luciano Moggi and Roberto Bettega has been absolved in a trial investigating Juventus' accounts during their time at the club.

All three stepped down from the Juventus board in 2006 following the Calciopoli scandal, which appeared to show Moggi exerting too much influence on referees.

However, the trial in question looked into plus-valenza, a curious form of profit, which ultimately came down to some very creative accounting.

When players are sold in Italy the sale is immediately entered into the accounts, whilst purchases are spread over the entire period of the contract.

The most valuable trick of all was to exchange players for the same price, thus creating plus-valenza on both sides without any money actually changing hands.

However, today “the facts do not hold” and the Triad has been absolved.

One of the defence's lawyers, Andrea Galasso, said: “It's the triumph of justice on considerations of half-justice that has animated this painful judicial event.”

http://www.football-italia.net/nov24h.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/04-12-2009/parla-ex-guardalinee-602205351356.shtml

The gist of the article is that Inter were also on the receiving end of some 'favours' at the time of the calciopoli scandal.

This instance only refers to a linesman being told to change his match report to help avoid Ivan Cordoba avoid a ban. He didn't, and never ran the line or refereed in serie A again.

However, if similar stories were to emerge, it would cast an even bigger shadow over Italian football at the start of this decade than the one that already looms over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Apologies for the plugging, but we've been having these Serie A previews recently and they keep getting better, a good read for fans and those trying to get into it.

This week's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Hiddink to Juve? If this happens I'll jizz my pants

http://www.football-italia.net/dec29i.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Big Day of Serie A action today, kicking off with Chievo v Inter in about 20 mins.

ESPN have 3 Serie A matches on today, gonna be a day in front of the box for me.

Milan are looking pretty impressive, 5-1 up having been a goal down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

3 penalties for Milan in one game. WOAH!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Doocey wrote: »
    3 penalties for Milan in one game. WOAH!!!!!!

Two were clear cut penalties, the first one was soft as ken though, Ambrosini went down very easy, but the defender did get him and miss the ball, so meh, rules is rules.

Was nice of Ambrosini to grab the ball off Ronaldinho and give it to Klaas-Jan for the last one, Ronaldinho was trying to give it to Becks but Becks wasn't interested.

Milan were fantastic tonight and if they can play like that for the next few weeks they will catch Inter, Beckham had a good game on his second debut.

Highlights for anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

That was an awesome goal by Quagliarella against Atalanta.

Napoli doing really well now in 4th spot. Altho only 3 points seperating 4th - 9th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Former Boro misfit Massimo Maccarone just scored a peach from the edge of the box for bottom club Siena away to Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Haha i remember his Uefa cup heroics scored late on in a couple of games for them...
    Milito makes it 1-1

Come on Siena!

If Seina win I'll jizz my pants

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Draw is a good result for the league imo, keeps it interesting, Milan now 9 behind but with 2 games in hand and Juve being very weak tomorrow have a great chance of catching them, that said, other game in hand is against Fiorentina and it won't be easy to get 6 points from those games but if they are serious about mounting a title challenge then they have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Unreal comeback. 4-3 Inter.

I don't believe it:(
    At least my pants are clean

Ugh. If Siena had kept playing as they were instead of resorting to throwing themselves on the ground and running down the clock I think they would have seen it out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

What an incredible comeback from Inter, played terrible for most of the game but still won, thats why they're champions. Forza Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

carlop wrote: »
    Ugh. If Siena had kept playing as they were instead of resorting to throwing themselves on the ground and running down the clock I think they would have seen it out.
    Fully agree, they were causing huge problems for Inter's defense but just sat back and let it happen at the end.

Inter were always going to come back and get a draw at the very least. They're far superior to the rest of Serie A. They're going to win the Scudetto again this season.

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    Inter were always going to come back and get a draw at the very least. They're far superior to the rest of Serie A. They're going to win the Scudetto again this season.

...Unless hiddink goes to Juve

Quint wrote: »

He would have little difference... Can't see anyone past inter at this stage

I don't think it'll happen but even if it does, Juve still won't win the title.
    Bukman13 wrote: »
    He would have little difference... Can't see anyone past inter at this stage
    Agreed.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Hiddink is just wishful thinking. Inter have it in the bag unless they have a complete collapse

Yeah, Hiddink is just wishful thinking. Inter have it in the bag unless they have a complete collapse

Yea, Hiddink is good but overturning a 12pts lead with an inferior team with the transfer window closing.

Give him a couple of years and its possible though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Juve-Milan start now. No Pato for Milan, so I can't see Milan winning this.

Juventus go 1-0 down after horrendously defending a corner. Nesta has an easy tap in after Melo flicks it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Beckham's delivery from corners is still top class. Ronaldinho very very unlucky not to have scored there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Anyone got a stream of the Juve game that's working? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Anyone got a stream of the Juve game that's working? Cheers

Just got this working: http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch5.html

Few more backups here anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Juve first half looked quite poor.

2-0...og

Is Ferrara likely to get the boot if Juve lose?

Ferrara has to go alright. Juventus are 2-0 down because they weren't organised for set-pieces and that's inexcusable at this level.

Ronaldinho 3-0

Set-piece again? Couldn't really see it with the smoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Ferrara was a great player for Juve but never ready to take on the top job. Juve have some very good players Chiellini, Diego, Melo, etc., but Ciro has been unable to decide a) his starting 11 and b) how he wants them to play.

Unfortunately, his time has run its course.

Vokes wrote: »
    Set-piece again? Couldn't really see it with the smoke.

Yea 3 set pieces... ball flicked on and ronaldinho waiting at the back post for a tap in

• Advertisement

Fair play to Milan, they look a completely different team to the one I saw at the start of this season. Nesta and Silva are very strong and assured at the back. Pirlo, Gattusso and Ambrosini worked very hard in midfield, even Ronaldinho has started to track back! Boriello is still a cart horse though, can't believe Italy are taking him to South Africa.

More of the same for Juve. Ferrara is a goner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Beckham showing his class once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I have seen Juve play a good few times this season and they are actually getting worse. They are devoid of any fight and give in when they fall behind. I cant remember the last time they came from behind to win or even draw. Ferrara was a great player and is Juventus through and through but even at this early stage in his managerial career it is time for him to get the chop. Milan look dangerous though and will definitely put it up to Utd in the CL.

Agreed with Warper. Juve seem to be getting worse, no fight at all. I loved Ferrara as a player, but he has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Lads - had a look in the tickets and travel section and there's nothing in there about Italy. Has everyone gone to an Italian match? Any reputable sites worth checking out? Was on google earlier and a lot that came up looked pretty sketchy.

cashville wrote: »
    Lads - had a look in the tickets and travel section and there's nothing in there about Italy. Has everyone gone to an Italian match? Any reputable sites worth checking out? Was on google earlier and a lot that came up looked pretty sketchy.

I was at a Juve game earlier in the year. I was doing a sort tour of italy, decided to go to Turin to take in a game. Serie A tickets aren't made easy to get. They only go on sale the week of a game, and as far as I remember, only in the area the game is being played in. So Juve tickets can only be bought in Turin and that area. I tried to get mine months in advance buy you can't. I got mine in a little tobacco stall! Also, bring your passport when buying tickets, you need proper id when you get them. If there's 2 of you going I think you both need your passports. As long as your not going to a game between 2 big teams or a derby game, you'll have no trouble getting tickets.
    Turin was a really nice city, seemed really relaxed (complete contrast to everywhere else in italy) and the stadium is only a few tram stops from the city centre. Some good value nice hotels there too. Ryanair fly there. That and Florence were my favourite places. Unless you want to see a team in particular, I'd go to Florence. Best combination of stuff to see and a decent Serie A game. You can fly there, but think it's pricey to fly to Florence directly. You can fly to Pisa (see the leaning tower, town isn't that nice) and get a train to Florence handy enough. Ryanair also fly to Pisa and I think can go direct from Pisa airport to Florence by train. Trains in italy are fairly good, that's how I got around the whole country. Pubs and drinking culture as we know it in Ireland is almost non existant in Italy, but I saw a few pubs around Florence.
    If you want to see Inter or Milan obviously go to Milan. It's a fairly horrible dump of a city, but has an amazing catherdral. And that's just the san siro, the Duomo is fairly impressive too! (terrible, sorry!). Aer Lingus fly there.
    Rome would obviously be good, loads to see and the stadio olympico. Expensive enough place to stay though, and wedged with tourists. You have to visit Rome at some point in your live, it's one of those cities with about 20 world famous attractions. Aer Lingus fly there too.
    I'm getting bored typing, hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Rome also has the best pub crawl in the world

There will be a meeting of the big bossess at Juve tomorrow. Time for some Guus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Anyone watching the Milan game? Bit of a harsh sending off I thought.

Anyway good chance to put real pressure on Inter ahead of the Derby next weekend!

Advertisement