Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish broadband

• 31-07-2009 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

bit of a shot in the dark but is there anyway possible xbox live could work with irish broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Possibly, what are your download and upload speeds? :
    http://www.speedtest.net/

is it dsl, wireless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

download only .44
    upload .34
    ping 207

thats pretty bad isnt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

download only .44
    upload .34
    ping 207

thats pretty bad isnt it

Holy sheet! what speed you supposed to be on? those speeds are terrible, dial-up like almost. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

I would say the ping would be too high.And like a poster above said those speeds arent much better than dial up.

Where is the modem situated?Have a look out around your gaff for the nearest mast and try and get your modem 'looking' at it as it might improve the speeds.

i know its terrible.living on the "outskirts" of waterford and its the only interent we can get without getting a phone line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

i know its terrible.living on the "outskirts" of waterford and its the only interent we can get without getting a phone line.

Do you have the Ripwave box thing or a proper modem with an aerial on the wall outside?

ye that ripwave box thing, i reckon thats xbox live gone then once i get back to college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Forget it with Ripwave.
    I have their Breeze 4MB service and have never had a problem with it.
    That said I see that they now have €100 installation fee when it used to be free.

just had a look at that breeze thing, bit pricey for me i think, 55 a month just to get half decent broadband.....in a city......what a country

Advertisement