Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Clogherhead - Bass hot spots?

• 31-07-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

I've access to a mobile home in Clogherhead and would like to spend time fishing for Bass. Fished Dun Laoghaire when I was a young lad and recently restocked my gear and was going to either spin with lures or [floating] plugs.

Any idea on good spots? - beach/rocks/pier. Been keeping an eye on this section of boards.ie and learnt loads, so keep the tips a flowing and hopefully 'tight lines' ;)

Just to add - all Bass caught would be released, bar a couple of mackerel!! (we buy our Bass from Kirwans Fishmongers in Drogheda)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

very fished out, rocks very dangerous when wet, find the remotest spot and try different bait. gl.

very very dangerous when wet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Learn how to fish sandy locations .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Thanks Doc - I may be stupid but I'm no hero

Coolwings - will try the beach at the back of the Lifeguard station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

UPDATE

Took the 10' spinning rod down to the beach at full tide last sunday - caught three different types of seaweed :D (but foul hooked at least a dozen sprat, bepsite the gulls having a field day alas I blanked)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Were the gulls hunting in the same area as you were fishing?
    Because when the gulls are taking from above, usually bass or mackerel are taking the same sprat/sandeels from underneath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Pm me for details on bass fishing in clogherhead, can be quite good. but hush hush!!:D

Advertisement