Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found reasonably priced monitor mounts - opinions..

Options
  • 31-07-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Finally!

I was pretty close to giving in and ordering up one of those high priced ergotrons from komplett!

So, I found this dual monitor stand and this single monitor stand.

Two single stands work out pretty much the same as one of the dual stands. I'm thinking i'll have more control (adjusting height of each screen individually) with two single stands but the specs say the stand supports monitors up to 5kg..(24" = ~6kg) Shouldn't be a problem with the dual stand because that supposedly supports up to 48kg in total.

They seem to be made by this crowd but I'm not sure about them.. for some reason i'm weary of any domain with a .biz TLD.. Would you order through amazon.co.uk or direct from allcam? does it make much of a difference?

Any opinions on the company or the mount??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

BUMP:p

Is there nobody here that appreciates monitor mounts and how they let you reclaim so much of your desk??

I say this because this is my second post on monitor mounts in the past month or so..neither have had a reply but plenty of views??

Does anybody here use monitor mounts??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Where does it say the dual stand supports 48kg? Didn't see that anywhere... :confused: Maybe the central column (common to all the multi-display brackets) can support that much, individual carrier arms may have a much tighter allowance.

Best thing is to check whether your monitors come to much over 5kg without the stand, and also check that they all have standardised mounting holes on the back. Although that may be an oxymoron - the number of displays with proprietary mounting holes are so many it can hardly be though of as a standard! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

You can see on the manufacturers site that the spec sheet says 48kg.

Have you any experience with these type of stands? These ones in particular seem like good value compared to the expensive Ergotron brand.

Would you go for 1 double or 2 single mounts??

If anybody is wondering about these mounts, you can see a pretty good spread of setups here..

Advertisement