Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrow waxing reaction?

• 31-07-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi all. first time posting in F+A :)

anyways i got my eyebrows waxed for the first time yesterday morning.... found it relatively painless after a quick sting and was thrilled with it. on my way home i found that between my eyebrows some fluidy stuff was seeping from my skin. is this weird?? was in a rush so went home and put on some make up and went about my day.

so, today my skin is quiet swollen and pink around and in between my eyebrows and sore to tell the truth. and there are tiny hairs that i can clearly see but can't get to. is this to be expected for a first timer or is it a dodgy job??? ive a christening to go to tomorrow and just want it to go away! any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Ooh, I wouldn't have put makeup on over freshly waxed skin. Your beautician should have told you this. Aloe, aloe and more aloe will clear it up, reduce the redness and help your skin heal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

i know i thought as much too afterwards - hindsight is a great thing. and i told her and all that it was my first time but she was too busy trying to convince me to go on the sunbed before my hols. the salon has a good rep but she was just a young one-have a good mind to go and complain

Oh please don't tell me she wanted you to go on a sunbed after getting waxed? I would say something to her boss - they need to know if their staff are giving no advice, or bad advice - as it costs them customers in the longterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Yasmine

Hey im a beautician just seen that u got waxed and had a bad reaction put sudocreme or aloe vera as the other girl said on your eyebrows. Do u have sensitive skin maybe the wax was too hot and 24-48 hours u shouldnt have a hot shower or anything like that or exfoliate the area waxed or moisturise it and certainly dont put make up on as ur pores are still open after being waxed :rolleyes:
    It should clear up after 2 days though :D
    And the tiny hairs u cant get to are probably under a layer of dead skin just exfoliate 2-3 days after ur wax and moisturise to get rid of dead skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

think i better say something alright - was given absolutely no advice at all. will feel horrible doing it but you're right vibrant.

managed to get the tiny hairs out on sunday and now the skin around my left eyebrow is peeling - like it was burned or something so i presume the wax was too hot alright.... my skin is pretty sensitive i suppose i should have mentioned that too. thanks for the advice ladies :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mrs Shankly

Hi OP,

Just curious, did the Salon give you a 24 hour patch test?

The Beautician certainly should have given you the contra indications, especially since it was your first time. Id definitely go and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

I think its HIGHLY irresponsible when salons/beauticians do this.
    One girl waxed my brows with her half fist in my socket and her sleeve in my mouth.
    i have NEVER been given that advice.
    i kept getting nasty spots on my brow line and eventually asked a diff salon HOW to prevent it and she warned me not to touch my brows after waxing.... WHICH WORKED! woohoo.
    My mate got her lip waxed before her wedding 3 or four days prior and broke out in a spotty and flaky rash which DIDNT clear for the big day. It was her first time and she got NO ADVICE and was understandibly upset....

There needs to be a lot more aftercare advice and supervision of staff in such places...

OP, just wondering how you got on, did you have a word with the salon?

Advertisement