Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven chips

Options
  • 31-07-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hello,

Hungry male teenager here, how long do I need to de-frost chips until they're good to put in the oven?

edit: OH AND!! the superquinn sausage rolls, how long should I defrost those yokes for? The sausies always come outta the oven cold =/

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

There should be times on the bag for cooking from frozen with the chips. No idea with the sausage rolls - About the same as the chips I'd imagine. Er... don't eat them if they're cold...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Er... don't eat them if they're cold...

I may be culinarily (think i just made up a word) retarded.. but I know not to eat cold sausages haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Frozen foods like oven chips & sausage rolls are generall meant to be cooked from frozen. Don't thaw them - bang them in to the hot oven straight from the freezer.

Follow the cooking instructions on the packaging.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I bet the young lad isn;t pre-heating the oven...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the future is fvcked..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Rabies wrote: »
    the future is fvcked..

Of course it is !

It was FVCKED when I was a teenager too. :rolleyes:

It has always been and ever will be - fvcked. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Fan ovens no preheat required afik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Fan ovens no preheat required afik.

You'd be wrong there Joey, just happens quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Hi QOTSA90

I expect those chips you were talking about yesterday are well defrosted, or frazzled, by now!

Anyway, here's what I do - heat up oven to gas mark 7 (I have an ancient calor gas oven ...) use a pizza type tray (lots of holes in the base) scatter with Green Isle oven chips straight from the freezer (my personal preference, they're mostly chunky chips!) and bake for about 25 mins. I 'twirl' the tray around once, as my oven cooks unevenly (sigh), but there's no need to turn the chips over, as it may suggest on the pack, since the holes in the tray base help brown on both sides. You could probably cook the sausage rolls sat in a little silver foil tray/wrap, in case they ooze fat, alongside the chips. Enjoy - with a generous dollop of good mayo or ketchup, but not too often, or you'll end up starring in one of those film clips on tv, which feature gross, oversized wobbly bits from the neck down - with a scolding voiceover... :D

Good luck with the trials and hope nothing goes to waste (or your waist)!

Advertisement