Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Khannie wrote: »
    This would include kissing then. Cold sores are a sexually transmitted disease.

Herpes Simplex Virus.....genital warts are caused by this virus. So essentially It is an STD.
    And just because someone has a high number of sexual partners doesnt mean that they have STI's/STD's. Some people are very careful protection wise & ensure that they have annual checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Cold sores are herpes!

My understanding, which may be wrong, but I don't think so, is that fanny / willy herpes and mouth herpes don't mix.

Logging off for the night, so don't abuse me and expect a response. :*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

GTFO! :p

I just wouldn't really consider oral an STI risk. Not _really_ like. Not the same way that penetrative sex is for example.

For a change Khannie I am going to disagree with you on this.....oral sex is also risky If someone has ghonnorea(sp?)....do you really wanna go there.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Maddison wrote: »
    Herpes Simplex Virus.....genital warts are caused by this virus. So essentially It is an STD.

Herpes simplex virus = herpes, both oral and genital.
    Human papillomavirus = genital warts and may lead to cervical cancer.

Khannie - I'm fairly sure oral herpes can cause genital herpes, and vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Cold sores are herpes!

My understanding, which may be wrong, but I don't think so, is that fanny / willy herpes and mouth herpes don't mix.

generally speaking, most herpes occuring in/on the mouth are herpes simplex type 1 and those occuring down below are type 2.

but you can get either type in either place.

• Advertisement

• Maddison wrote: »
    And just because someone has a high number of sexual partners doesnt mean that they have STI's/STD's. Some people are very careful protection wise & ensure that they have annual checks.

Genital warts are caused by HPV, not HSV (Herpes Simplex I or II) - they don't test for either during a routine STI check and condoms don't protect much against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

This would include kissing then. Cold sores are a sexually transmitted disease.

kissing would included in my kissing number clearly:rolleyes:! As sam34 points out warts are mix'n'match so to speak, you can get them from oral or kissing.

As the only person I've told my number to is my doc. the number is more accurate if you include all people you've had any sexual contact with. And if asked by a partner that would be the number I'd give. However although your chances are clearly increased from multiple partners, you just need to sleep with one person to catch anything.

Also a lil off topic but this may be odd but I keep a actual notebook containing my sexual history if you will, am I alone in this? :o

And I have when engaging in a manogamous relationship, insisted on the partners being screened even though protection was always used. {I have a regular check-up/screening with my gyno}

Yes, reading it back i see how odd and sad I am. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Fugly wrote: »
    kissing would included in my kissing number clearly:rolleyes:! As sam34 points out warts are mix'n'match so to speak, you can get them from oral or kissing.

i was talking about herpes simplex, which is the cause of cold sores and genital herpes.

warts are caused by the human papiloma virus

sam34 wrote: »
    i was talking about herpes simplex, which is the cause of cold sores and genital herpes.

warts are caused by the human papiloma virus

Sorry so was I, Brain not connected to hand typing tonight. :rolleyes:WHOOPS!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Maddison wrote: »
    For a change Khannie I am going to disagree with you on this.....oral sex is also risky If someone has ghonnorea(sp?)....do you really wanna go there.....

Tell me more. I like learning things, even if they're gross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I once told someone my number and was informed i was a slut, girls should not sleep with that many guys, btw its not that high, more than princess di less then madonna! Then i was informed his number was 3 times more than mine and got the, "well i am a guy" response!

As regarding defination of number, im finding it difficult to word this properly, i would consider it both intercourse and oral as i would think that having a guys penis in your mouth is a little bit more intimate than straight sex.... think it weird but i wouldnt go the oral route and then say no sorry im not having sex with you i dont know you well enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Cold sores are herpes!

literally LMAO

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tell me more. I like learning things, even if they're gross.

Gonorrhoea and chlamydia can infect your throat in the same way that they can infect your genitals, as a result of oral sex.

Incidentally, you can get chlamydia in your eyes too. If you get the bacteria on your hands, and rub your eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I never really understood how various sexual acts "counted" as intercourse. I mean, yes, having someone's penis is your mouth can be more intimate than intercourse. But even kissing someone is more intimate than intercourse for many people. For me, growing up, handjobs and blow jobs and *ahem* cunnilingus were sexual acts, and yes, I know that they're forms of oral sex. But in my opinion, you don't make it to third base and call it a home run.

Plain and simple - no gray areas.

If someone wants to know how many people you've had sex with, they should ask you that. If someone wants to know how many people you've been intimate with, they should ask you that.

They might be the same number, they might be different, but it's not the same question, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Jules wrote: »
    As regarding defination of number, im finding it difficult to word this properly, i would consider it both intercourse and oral as i would think that having a guys penis in your mouth is a little bit more intimate than straight sex.... think it weird but i wouldnt go the oral route and then say no sorry im not having sex with you i dont know you well enough!

OMG, yes, thank you Jules.

I am far from well-behaved when it comes to sexual shenanigans, but I have never in my life performed intimate sexual acts with anyone and not had intercourse. Perhaps that makes me sound like a total whore, but I just don't get this imaginary 'line' that other people seem to have - "I'll put your genitals in my mouth, but not in my own genitals". WTF? It makes no sense to me, at all.

And before anyone leaps on me, it's not about STIs, because as we have seen, you can get them from oral. Anyone worried about getting an STI should not be going around giving casual oral sex to people. That's just stupid.

If I'm interested enough in someone to do ANYTHING bar kissing with them, it'll be the whole shebang. And why not? Does it matter? No. Does it reflect badly on me as a person? I don't think so. I just don't see how people differentiate in, I dunno, "seriousness", between oral and penetrative sex. If you're gonna be intimate with someone, be intimate with them.

So, to answer the actual question - I just count intercourse partners, because for me oral-only does not exist. If I was with someone, I was with them. And I'll tell anyone asking my real number (as long as they're just being nosey and not asking for the wrong reasons).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

shellyboo wrote: »
    So, to answer the actual question - I just count intercourse partners, because for me oral-only does not exist. If I was with someone, I was with them. And I'll tell anyone asking my real number (as long as they're just being nosey and not asking for the wrong reasons).

go on then, how many? Nah, I'm only kiddin!! :)
    I know what you mean about differentiating, like if ya've gone as far as oral with someone, why not have sex. In a lot of ways oral is more intimate.
    I guess it depends on a person perception of what is intimate, and what is maybe reserved for an OH only, what's ok for a one night stand, what's ok for casual dating. It'll differ from person to person.
    There are other reasons why a person might go the oral/grope route only and not have sex with a person but I'd think they'd apply in pretty limited circumstances.

dearg lady wrote: »
    go on then, how many? Nah, I'm only kiddin!! :)
    I know what you mean about differentiating, like if ya've gone as far as oral with someone, why not have sex. In a lot of ways oral is more intimate.
    I guess it depends on a person perception of what is intimate, and what is maybe reserved for an OH only, what's ok for a one night stand, what's ok for casual dating. It'll differ from person to person.
    There are other reasons why a person might go the oral/grope route only and not have sex with a person but I'd think they'd apply in pretty limited circumstances.

Hmm, I can sort of get on board with the idea of some things only being reserved for a proper partner, but for me in that case it would actually be oral. I dunno... I just find it waaaaaaay more intimate than penetrative sex. That's to do with my own circumstances though, I used to have trouble performing oral and it took me ages to get over that, so it's a big deal to me to trust someone enough to do it with them.

Thinking about it more, I guess it's really just my own issues that have me thinking that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Hmm, I can sort of get on board with the idea of some things only being reserved for a proper partner, but for me in that case it would actually be oral. I dunno... I just find it waaaaaaay more intimate than penetrative sex. That's to do with my own circumstances though, I used to have trouble performing oral and it took me ages to get over that, so it's a big deal to me to trust someone enough to do it with them.

Thinking about it more, I guess it's really just my own issues that have me thinking that way.

Personally I would consider oral more intimate too, I think a lot of people would. I mean, you're gettin very very close and personal with someone! That said, my number differs but for a whole other reason I'm not about to go into here :)

I understand why people find oral more intimate, personally I don't. But if I'm having any "sexual relations" with someone I want to be fairly comfortable with them to begin with.

I wouldn't be interested in their intercourse number, to be honest, if I wanted to know I'd want to know their sexual relations number. maybe because my numbers differ. I've had sexual relations with more people than intercourse.

Not intentionally, it just ended up that way. I personally prefer oral, I love intercourse..it's just down the line on my to do list when I'm with someone. Saying that it's not that I put sex off, I never intend to put it on the long finger it, it just happens. :confused:.. It's difficult to explain.

Not intentionally, it just ended up that way. I personally prefer oral, I love intercourse..it's just down the line on my to do list when I'm with someone. Saying that it's not that I put sex off, I never intend to put it on the long finger it, it just happens. :confused:.. It's difficult to explain.

Can I just ask a possibly weird question? Not being antagonistic. What would happen that would mean you'd have sexual relations with a guy but not go on to have sexual intercourse with him? Like, are these guys you'd have been seeing and then stop seeing or just casual partners?

• Advertisement

No ask away, :)

It's not that I won't have intercourse or have to wait, its more of a case of opportunity. I.e we spend a night together and we don't have intercourse, simply as we start doing something else a few times and then afterwards he's too tired, and in the morning we've no time, or possible we just have oral in the morning (wake up).

These would mainly be men I'd be seeing, I have had open realtionships and O.N.S's as well though. It's mainly due to opportunity/time, I live at home with parents who have a strict no guests policy, My last serious BF was in the same situation so there were less chances to have sex.

I don't have a policy of relations leading to sex, it just depends on what we both want at the time and then if we stop seeing each other we may only have had realtions. :rolleyes: Like I say, in no way intentional, some times it just happens that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

@ Fugly

googled O.N.S and unless you're indulging in heavy-petting with the Office Of National Statistics then something is after going straight over my head!!!

LMAO!!

A One Night Stand. ;)

Although....
    you're indulging in heavy-petting with the Office Of National Statisitics

now that you mention it.........:D

No ask away, :)

It's not that I won't have intercourse or have to wait, its more of a case of opportunity. I.e we spend a night together and we don't have intercourse, simply as we start doing something else a few times and then afterwards he's too tired, and in the morning we've no time, or possible we just have oral in the morning (wake up).

These would mainly be men I'd be seeing, I have had open realtionships and O.N.S's as well though. It's mainly due to opportunity/time, I live at home with parents who have a strict no guests policy, My last serious BF was in the same situation so there were less chances to have sex.

I don't have a policy of relations leading to sex, it just depends on what we both want at the time and then if we stop seeing each other we may only have had realtions. :rolleyes: Like I say, in no way intentional, some times it just happens that way.

Ok, cool. Just interested in how it happens! I tend to be rather single-minded til I get what I want :P

You're fine, I know it seems weird, especially when trying to explain it.:rolleyes:
    I know some women want to keep intercourse for marriage but will do everything else, never really understood that, or how they stick to it... in the heat of passion controling it I imagine would be difficult.

You're fine, I know it seems weird, especially when trying to explain it.:rolleyes:
    I know some women want to keep intercourse for marriage but will do everything else, never really understood that, or how they stick to it... in the heat of passion controling it I imagine would be difficult.

This is really what it comes down to for me, I have zero willpower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

This is really what it comes down to for me, I have zero willpower.

lol same as that!

I don't have any inbetweenies, its either sex or no sex!
    All or nothing! I don't get the point of having foreplay with no main course!!!

:D Me too, when the passion kicks in logic and willpower go out the door. :D I could never be so cool headed to say we're doing x,y and z but a,b and c are not allowed.

lol same as that!

I don't have any inbetweenies, its either sex or no sex!
    All or nothing! I don't get the point of having foreplay with no main course!!!

If your refering to oral as only foreplay and don't believe it can be as satisfing, maybe their doing it wrong. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MsTempermental

If someone is asking for sti info, does it matter how many you have slept with if you've had regular check ups that come back negative?! Should you then count from your last check up?!

Advertisement