Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long to Get Something Sent to NZ?

Options
  • 01-08-2009 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm gonna be arriving in Auckland at the start of September. I need to get a driver's licence posted out to me (robbed in Ecuador!) and I'm in South America at the mo. How long would it take to get something posted to New Zealand? I wanna make sure it's there when I arrive. If anyone has gotten anything sent to them, maybe they could tell me how long it took?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭niborm

Fed Ex. Two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

but isn't it ridiculously expensive to send something fed ex? i'm on a backpacker's budget here! :D

any ideas for normal post (An Post)?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

You've plenty of time.. i got loads of stuff sent out to me in NZ only last month.. letters, parcels etc, usually took 7-10 days.. incl. weekends.. so if something was sent on the monday at home i'd get it the following tuesday or wednesday, standard post..
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A letter took 3 days with An Post for me

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

2 5kg boxes with An Post took just over 2 weeks I think, 1 of A4 air-bubbled parcels took over a week I think. They deliver on Saturdays here too, making the whole thing quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Yep,

letters should normally show up in Auckland 5 days after posting from here. Rural NZ could be as short as 7 days, and I usually post these on a saturday.

Just make sure you include the post code as this can hold things up by a few weeks!

Advertisement