Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare wedding crashed by US military troops

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

The bigger issue which they seem to be dancing around is troops from another country are in uniform in Ireland. This is forbidden in the Irish Constitution, unless they are an invading army OR they are here to support us in a war that Ireland is actively involved in.

Technically by letting them wear their uniforms here it means they are either invading, or Ireland is part of george bush's 'coalition of the willing'.

By allowing such to happen, no matter what economic impact it may have on the region, it means the blood on their hands is on the hands of anyone who helps/supports/sit silently and watches. With the civilian death toll continuing to rise all based on the lies of WMDs, I wouldn't want to think I was making any sort of financial gain based on this. It is tantamount to making money off the jews in WW2 - making a few bob while a nation of people are systematically killed off for political reasons outside of Ireland.

It amazes me the government sits idly by and watches this sort of thing.

Then again, the Irish Constitution, Articles 2 & 3, both state that Ireland is comprised of 32 counties and those 32 counties will be governed by one single Irish government, and look how well our government is standing behind that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ahmed.baher

Yes, but think of all that lovely, shiny money...
    And that's how far Irish neutrality goes.
    As long as we get money and don't have to get our hands dirty or get shot at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

CptSternn wrote: »
    The bigger issue which they seem to be dancing around is troops from another country are in uniform in Ireland. This is forbidden in the Irish Constitution, unless they are an invading army OR they are here to support us in a war that Ireland is actively involved in.

What crazy unknown part of the constitution says that dancing is forbidden? I know what your saying, In general they should not be seen in public while in uniform. Its worth noting that they were only there this time and in those numbers becuase their plane had to divert to Shannon because of a technical issue. It was better to land them then the plane to go down over the Atlantic. And another thing, remember they were invited into the wedding, so if they were not ther'ye then they would glady be up in their rooms watching TG4. And anything to boost morale, their commanders will accept the invitation at a heart beat. Mostly boys in their late teens, sure what would they know, let them party.
    By allowing such to happen, no matter what economic impact it may have on the region, it means the blood on their hands is on the hands of anyone who helps/supports/sit silently and watches. With the civilian death toll continuing to rise all based on the lies of WMDs, I wouldn't want to think I was making any sort of financial gain based on this. It is tantamount to making money off the jews in WW2 - making a few bob while a nation of people are systematically killed off for political reasons outside of Ireland.

Forget Iraq, thats done and dusted, and I agree that was not justified. Total lies by Bush and his Cronies, but its water under the bridge now. The focus is now in Afganistan, where the Taliban exist and if they got a chance they would have blown up that wedding in the Clare Inn, with or without the US in it. We live in a Western society, therefore we are united against Islam terrorists, regardless of our neutrality. Neutral or not, the Taliban have no time for non-believers and want our heads cut off. Take the war to them I say![/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Technically by letting them wear their uniforms here it means they are either invading, or Ireland is part of george bush's 'coalition of the willing'.

It amazes me the government sits idly by and watches this sort of thing.

Then again, the Irish Constitution, Articles 2 & 3, both state that Ireland is comprised of 32 counties and those 32 counties will be governed by one single Irish government, and look how well our government is standing behind that.

Arrh... I do believe that Bush has been replaced.

Article's 2 & 3 has been changed for a few years now.

*someone has been living in a cave with a news blackout*

*someone has been living in a cave with a news blackout*

Id say he copied that from a thread going around years back, and forgot to update it with the words "BARACK OBAMA GOOD FRIDAY AGREEMENT".

Or maybe hes some old dude just after been thought how to use the Internet for the first time, and has a copy of the original constitution, convinced hes been catapulted to the year 2009 from 1923 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Atleast they go to work, unlike most of our own "trailer trash" over here.

Whats wrong with been rounded up into the army if you have no other hopes?

Do you think they should draw dole and be altogether wasters for their lives? Is it just the US army you think are dumb, because I know plenty of Irish soldiers that would like to hear your view on their background and inteligence.

In fairness any Irish soldier i've talked to agrees that most of the people in the army are braindead. Answer me this - did you agree with the invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq?

Warper wrote: »
    In fairness any Irish soldier i've talked to agrees that most of the people in the army are braindead. Answer me this - did you agree with the invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq?

In fairness? A soldier told you that he thinks of himself as braindead... they either told you that so they could insult they're colleagues or make fun of themselves. Knowing Irish lads, thats 10% the likelihood, or else they just harp any auld shiite when they have a few jars inside to make themselves feel like macho men, theres the other 90%.

>>> Answer me this - did you agree with the invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq?[>>> Afghanistan, next question... :rolleyes: were you looking for an excuse? Read your question again, It was rather 50/50

What crazy unknown part of the constitution says that dancing is forbidden? I know what your saying, In general they should not be seen in public while in uniform.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be seen, I'm saying its a violation of the Constitution. The Bunreacht na hEireann specifically forbids the wearing of the military uniform of a foreign nation on sovereign Irish territory
    Its worth noting that they were only there this time and in those numbers becuase their plane had to divert to Shannon because of a technical issue.

...are you forgetting of the half dozen other times in the past few years they have done the same thing?

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/76801
    It was better to land them then the plane to go down over the Atlantic.

Thats a matter of opinion.
    And another thing, remember they were invited into the wedding, so if they were not ther'ye then they would glady be up in their rooms watching TG4. And anything to boost morale, their commanders will accept the invitation at a heart beat. Mostly boys in their late teens, sure what would they know, let them party.

The nazis were mostly boys in their late teens. Doesn't make what they are doing any more morale than anyone else.
    Forget Iraq, thats done and dusted, and I agree that was not justified. Total lies by Bush and his Cronies, but its water under the bridge now. The focus is now in Afganistan, where the Taliban exist and if they got a chance they would have blown up that wedding in the Clare Inn, with or without the US in it. We live in a Western society, therefore we are united against Islam terrorists, regardless of our neutrality. Neutral or not, the Taliban have no time for non-believers and want our heads cut off. Take the war to them I say!

Again, a matter of opinion. How many Muslims have attacked Ireland to date? You think they couldn't? They aren't upset with us, as we don't give 6 billion a year to israel so they can exterminate other Muslims.

He has, and Obama is doing good IMHO, that being said Iraqis are still dying on a daily basis, as are Afghanis, thanks to the bush administration. Even though the current Administration is doing a better job, thy have yet to end the war. Being a part of the coalition that bush created then or now is all the one sure.

Since when? We never got to vote, so it cannot be officially changed. Just because FF have decided to officially ignore the issue doesn't mean they have officially rewritten the Constitution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Since when? We never got to vote, so it cannot be officially changed. Just because FF have decided to officially ignore the issue doesn't mean they have officially rewritten the Constitution.

This was amended via a constitutional referendum in 1998 with a 96% Yes vote. Where have you been ?

Details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteenth_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

He has, and Obama is doing good IMHO, that being said Iraqis are still dying on a daily basis, as are Afghanis, thanks to the bush administration. Even though the current Administration is doing a better job, thy have yet to end the war. Being a part of the coalition that bush created then or now is all the one sure.
    *Three grey geese ,on the green grass grasing,
    Grey were the geese and green was the grasing*
    That makes as much sense as your post.:D

ADVICE...Google search engine can avoid people making an ass of themselves.
    HINT.....Use Google,:D

I'm not saying they shouldn't be seen, I'm saying its a violation of the Constitution. The Bunreacht na hEireann specifically forbids the wearing of the military uniform of a foreign nation on sovereign Irish territory

...are you forgetting of the half dozen other times in the past few years they have done the same thing?

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/76801

Thats a matter of opinion.

The nazis were mostly boys in their late teens. Doesn't make what they are doing any more morale than anyone else.

Again, a matter of opinion. How many Muslims have attacked Ireland to date? You think they couldn't? They aren't upset with us, as we don't give 6 billion a year to israel so they can exterminate other Muslims.

They aint wearing uniforms, they are wearing camoflague overalls, with no insignias what so ever on them. So any kid that goes around with camos on him now is breaking the constituation now is he?

Half a dozen times 300, thats alot of lives saved. Better they die before the Arabs do, is that what your saying here?

Matter of opinion, thats right, you have more of them than facts.

Are you comparing the USA to the Nazis? What about the Taliban, they are more like the Nazis, if you dont agree with them, off with your head! The poor craters, I feel really sorry for those towel heads... NOT! Oh yeah, we'd also be speaking German now if it wasnt for the USA.

About Israel, do you even know what your talking about here? Dont even start me please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd say the single women at the wedding were happy to try it on with the American soldiers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

seachto7 wrote: »
    I'd say the single women at the wedding were happy to try it on with the American soldiers...
    Shure it made a nice change from ye Banner lads didn't it ;););)
    Anyhow the first I heard of the story but it was a nice gesture from the couple concerned after all I'm sure a few of the soldiers had Irish roots.

My own first cousin has served in Iraq. He's a fireman in the US and he solely went there for the cash. He needed to raise the extra cash as he is buying himself an Irish gaff!

Advertisement