Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hi

Options
  • 01-08-2009 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

bear grylls is my hero and i want to be like him, how do i become a survivorlist? is the wicklow mountains a good place for me to explore and survive? i really want to do it. i want to be out in the outdoors with no rules or regulations, just freedom, catching food on a august evening by a lake. heaven

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Um...Watch Ray Mears? Bear is great entertainment and no doubt a great guy to be stranded with in the wilderness, but you'll note Ray Mears lives like a king in the forest. The outdoors is no fun if it's a misery. Warm, dry, comfortable and well fed is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

yes but i dislike mears. bears awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You do know that Bear Grylls show is all staged don't you? Its not actually real.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evil Phil wrote: »
    You do know that Bear Grylls show is all staged don't you? Its not actually real.

What? Even that thrilling episode with willl ferrel?? :P

Evil Phil wrote: »

:rolleyes: has someone got the dose of the old jealous-c?

Mears is so stupid, whereas Bear is a legend. Mears would bore you to death quicker than the land ever would.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

:rolleyes: has someone got the dose of the old jealous-c?

Mears is so stupid, whereas Bear is a legend. Mears would bore you to death quicker than the land ever would.

it is actually staged,they even have a disclaimer before each episode now.

Look at this:

i know but bear is still awesome.

I suppose what Bear did there still stands as good advice:).
    Seriously Ibrahimovic91, there's good advice from both guys. Don't dismiss Mears' as he really knows his stuff. Watch as much as you can of both, buy the essentials kit wise, no need to spend a fortune, and try and talk a mate into going along. If you wnat a more "thorough" outdoor experience, get a bivvy bag, a sleeping bag, a stove, billy can and a knife and that's the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

Don't pay any attention to Bear Grylls.
    He's just trolling.

Same as this guy.

One of the more transparent wind ups I've seen.

• Advertisement

I only found this forum a couple of weeks back. Do people really bother to troll here? Sad if true:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Seemed genuine at the start.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement