Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6 month waiting clarification please!

• 01-08-2009 3:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭

I have my learners permit since 06-02-09 but my test is scheduled for 05-08-09(it's a cancelation only waited 3wks) will this be classed as within or out of the 6months, any help with my question would be much appreciated.

btw i searched everywhere for answer n i couldn't get through to RSA(via tel.) and have yet to hear back via email(waiting 3days)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ROADRAGE2008

pogsick wrote: »
    I have my learners permit since 06-02-09 but my test is scheduled for 05-08-09(it's a cancelation only waited 3wks) will this be classed as within or out of the 6months, any help with my question would be much appreciated.

btw i searched everywhere for answer n i couldn't get through to RSA(via tel.) and have yet to hear back via email(waiting 3days)

sorry pogsik looks like your out by one day, you can only sit your test on the 06-08-09 or any time after that.... has to be 6 mts to the day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I know it's a bit late now, but you should have specified on your application that you would be unavailable before 06-08-09. I doubt you can sit the test on that date as far as I know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

oh well :( i might as well turn up and hope they don't argue over a day seeing as i will lose the fee either way

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sunjammer

Ring the RSA on Tuesday morning and prepare to be on hold for half an hour then plead insanity say you thought your permit was dated a few days earlier than it was they might let you away with it but if not you may not lose your test fee and get another date instead tell em you have been calling them for days and have sent e-mails etc you have nothing to lose ;)

I'll try that, thank you Sunjammer for the advice it's stressful enough thinking about doing the test without there being stressed about losing the money and chance to do the test

• Advertisement

Ring 096 25000 and ask for the driver testing section, this number seems to be the most successful one in that they actually answer it, but be prepared to be on hold for ages :(

ok thank you very much for ur help

You're welcome!

Let us know how you get on.

will do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

I would just appear for Test and hope the examiner doesn't notice it (unlikely), bring it to their attention and they'll definitely bounce you. Sorry for bad news:mad:

• Advertisement

Motor-Ed wrote: »
    I would just appear for Test and hope the examiner doesn't notice it (unlikely), bring it to their attention and they'll definitely bounce you. Sorry for bad news:mad:

ya but at least if i contact them beforehand n they don't give me the go ahead they might still rebook the test without another charge

Again sorry for bad news but you need to give them 10 days notice of a cancellation otherwise you forfeit your fee,

Motor-Ed wrote: »
    Again sorry for bad news but you need to give them 10 days notice of a cancellation otherwise you forfeit your fee,

even if i wanted to give them 10 working days notice it was not possible as i only got told on thursday (which is 4)

pogsick wrote: »
    even if i wanted to give them 10 working days notice it was not possible as i only got told on thursday (which is 4)

Yes and you have e-mailed and phoned and phoned and phoned again and the RSA didn't reply nor answer the phone and tell them so, I think you have em over a barrel on this one, If you just show up or try to pull the wool over their eyes it might backfire on you.. by contacting them or at least trying to contact them (print a copy of your e-mail for proof) you stand a very good chance of either being left off with the one day or getting another date and like you said how can you give 10 days notice if they gave you less than 10 days notice in the first place ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

Well I dropped in my form and the necessary documents on the 20/7/09 (Monday) but the date of issue according to my Learner Permit is 22/7/09 (Wednesday). Maybe you could say something similar happened to you and that you thought it was from when you applied for the Learner Permit.

Good luck.

jc2008 wrote: »
    Well I dropped in my form and the necessary documents on the 20/7/09 (Monday) but the date of issue according to my Learner Permit is 22/7/09 (Wednesday). Maybe you could say something similar happened to you and that you thought it was from when you applied for the Learner Permit.

Good luck.

no can do i'm afraid as i'm in cork city n thus didn't need to post it away i got it within minutes from the motortax office

just spoke to them got through on the lo-call number only waiting 5-10 mins and was told i would not be taken out but i would not lose my booking fee as it was a short notice appointment thanks for the help

Great that they don't keep the fee! I kinda thought they wouldn't as there was no fault of yours in this problem. The down side now is not knowing when your test date is but I suppose you get more time to practice anyway :)

Sunjammer wrote: »
    Great that they don't keep the fee! I kinda thought they wouldn't as there was no fault of yours in this problem. The down side now is not knowing when your test date is but I suppose you get more time to practice anyway :)

ya but i got the hibernian deal where u get 6months insurance too n i only have a month left i hope i get it before then thanks for the help

Good stuff
    Happy to be proven wrong but it's not normally their response:D

Hope they re-schedule you soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement