Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child psychiatrist

Options
  • 01-08-2009 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I was advised that it was possible to obtain a child psych evaluation for a child who is being subject to extreme arguments when child is with other parent on access.

Sorry if this is a bit gobbeldy gook but I heard that if I get one of these evaluations and bring it to court that the judge would decrease access as child is being affected by it.

I'm wondering if anyone else has gone down this road or even has a contact for a psych who will carry out said evaluation.

I really would appreciate any help, this is obviously quite distressing

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Start with your gp and get them to make a referal for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭acmj2007

St. Francis Clinic in Temple St and depending on your local Health Board, some of them have access to child Psychiatrist,
    your GP could also recommend someone privately, that could do an assesment, depending on your circumstances
    best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

If you're concerned about your childs welfare it might be worth asking advice from your solicitor.
    You'll probably need one anyway to change the access rights.
    To echo the other replies I'd definitely suggest a chat with your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Work it out between the two of you and don't use the child as a pawn between a set of warring parents. Talk to the mother, spend some time thinking of your child and not yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Work it out between the two of you and don't use the child as a pawn between a set of warring parents. Talk to the mother, spend some time thinking of your child and not yourself.

how do you know he's a man?
    your GP is your best port of call to start with

• Advertisement
Advertisement