Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worth getting compact camera fixed?

• 01-08-2009 9:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Alas my poor little canon compact has contracted a bit of flu and won't function properly for me - specifically it won't focus at all so i'm guessing theres an issue with the motor in the lens itself.

I love this canon and its given me great shots over the past while,i'd love to hold onto it but wonder will it cost more to get it fixed than to just get a new one?What has been your experience with getting compacts repaired and anyone have any recommendations on where to get repairs done?

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

It wouldn't be under warranty? How old is it? My guess is that compacts would cost more to fix. How about checking adverts and ebay for the same model again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unwyse

had a brilliant richo compact few years ago with the same problem.john gunn in wexford street wasnt very hopefull but directed me to a repair shop in potabello,oppisite the portabello inn.i left the camera in and never heard from the guy again despite many phone calls and messages! as cameras are fairly cheap nowadays i dont think there is any money to be made in repairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

looks like the ebay approach might work best and search for same model number.thanks goys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

unwyse wrote: »
    had a brilliant richo compact few years ago with the same problem.john gunn in wexford street wasnt very hopefull but directed me to a repair shop in potabello,oppisite the portabello inn.i left the camera in and never heard from the guy again despite many phone calls and messages! as cameras are fairly cheap nowadays i dont think there is any money to be made in repairs.

You didn't go back for it??
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unwyse

went back a couple of times got fobbed off .next time i went there it was closed, then as i said i left several messages, but never heard a thing so i gave up and bought myself a new camera.lifes too short:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Ricky91t wrote: »
    You didn't go back for it??
    :eek:

Must have been a nice camera :)

Hard to say without knowing the type of camera, but probably best to upgrade to the latest version of the camera than get it fixed.

Advertisement