Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling on

Options
  • 01-08-2009 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

I am smoke free 48 hours now and found last night to be quite difficult.
    I was close to giving in as i had a few drinks last nite thinking it would help me catch some sleep. Instead it made the cravings worse because my bros mate left his tobacco here (on purpose i bet).

I eventually got sleep and now woke up quite early. Any idea's to help me sleep apart at nite from excercise?

Im thinking sleeping pills?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

Hi. You are at the most difficult time in my opinion. The i cant thing of anything else / life is too hard without them. Keep busy and indulge yourself. People bang on about exercise. I agree its the best way to deal with it but chances are if you were a heavy smoker exercise was never your thing. I enjoy taking a bath or going for steam room / sauna. Its a place i never associate with cigs. You have to find that activity to keep your mind busy. Cooking / baking was another one for me. The activities i listed may drive you to cigs but find what suits you. Good luck and remember you lungs thing you are the bees knees at the moment !! Sleep will follow once you are happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Go from day to day. That's what I did and I'm still going strong several years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

The only way to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Like A Fox

Whoo! Keep going!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

If you are reading this jackoire and are still quit, then the good news is that you are nearly there. Just get through the day whatever it takes and go to bed early.
    When you awake, you will be past the 72 hour mark and nicotine will have left your system.

The next part, stage 2 is psychological and no physical withdrawal.
    It is not nearly as uncomfortable.
    Much easier to deal with.
    The big risk is complacency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Yeah as Pal said the first three days are by far the toughest but if you can hold out it get so much easier. Your sleeping will improve greatly over the next night or two. And I know you mentioned it in your OP, but excercise will also help you to sleep, as well as making you feel better generally (which helps with the willpower). Best of luck!

Advertisement