Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to uninstall Quickoffice from N97 C: Phone Memory

• 01-08-2009 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Morning, got news about an upgrade from Quickoffice so decided to download it - new version cannot install because I still have the older version and I cant find the older version on the phone memory to uninstall it!! - any advice please:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

kilsmum wrote: »
    Morning, got news about an upgrade from Quickoffice so decided to download it - new version cannot install because I still have the older version and I cant find the older version on the phone memory to uninstall it!! - any advice please:D:D:D:D

you install it over the older version, if you have already installed then only way to go back is hard reset. But bear in mind new version takes abt 10mb of c: memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Thanks Sbhatia - might have a rethink on this one based on the size of the upgrade - thanks for your advice:D:D:D Kilsmum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

what version do you have at present? It should be possible to install the qo 6.2 version over your old version. Ask qo support for a file that will work. Are you on the free e series upgrade scheme?

If you're totally stuck, there is way to install the sisx installer on a file by file basis with a python script, pm me if you have real problems upgrading.

Btw, the qo only takes about 3 or 4 mb, not ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

flodis79 wrote: »
    what version do you have at present? It should be possible to install the qo 6.2 version over your old version. Ask qo support for a file that will work. Are you on the free e series upgrade scheme?

If you're totally stuck, there is way to install the sisx installer on a file by file basis with a python script, pm me if you have real problems upgrading.

Btw, the qo only takes about 3 or 4 mb, not ten.

I have version 4.2.395 the upgrade is Quickoffice 6 and when I checked the size your right about the 3.6mb - just tried it again there and it worked - I wonder did it have something to do with my memory maybe? Its an N series upgrade - I did the E series one already on my E51 and it worked fine - I started off with 18.6mb on my phone memory and now only have 10.3:confused::confused::confused: - thanks for your advice - Kilsmum:):):)

Advertisement