Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ad promoting drink driving?

• 01-08-2009 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭

I was driving home yesterday listening to the Friday 80's slot on Today FM when an ad came on. It was for some beer or another, I didn't catch the beginning of it, but the missus said it started off like "I was driving around, thirsty, when I passed a pub", then the guy goes off into some dream sequence about the beer quenching his thirst, etc.

Anyone know the ad/the beer it's advertising?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

How is that promoting drink driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    How is that promoting drink driving?

Because the guy will presumably have to drive home after having consumed alcohol. Even if it's under the limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Richard wrote: »
    Because the guy will presumably have to drive home after having consumed alcohol. Even if it's under the limit.

it does seem poorly thought out, a glaring omission by the marketing crowd really. But I guess the true fact is that nobody cycles or walks any more, so the only way to make the ad relevant and appeal to the right audience is to have the person driving past the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

But I guess the true fact is that nobody cycles or walks any more,
    They dont?? News to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

GSF wrote: »
    They dont?? News to me.

Well, it'd probably be even more dangerous if they were cycling while listening to the radio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Well, it'd probably be even more dangerous if they were cycling while listening to the radio!
    And drinking atthe same time.

Advertisement