Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain alerts

Options
  • 01-08-2009 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Was going to throw this thread in there but this seems to be better (or is it?).

Every weekend I stroll off to this forum and check for beer bargains. Sometimes it is Dunnes, sometimes tesco and sometimes Carry Out. If there is a good deal there I head off to said location (e.g. yesterday it was Tiger beer in Dunnes). I propose a sticky in the Bargain alerts forums for cheap beers and wines (I dont see one in Beer/Wine/ Spirits either). Thoughts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

There's a thread about specials in lidl in B/W/S anyway. You're welcome to start a thread there if you wish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Hmm, not quite what I was aiming for, I'd like a "catch all" sticky, including lidl, aldi, dunnes etc etc, and for it to be country wide. I suppose I could start a thread but I cant stickify it :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Why does it need to be stickied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I suppose, to my mind, it would be the sort of topic that is only popular at the weekend. Monday to Thursday it would probably slip down the threads onto the next page and therefore be forgotten. Same reason as any other sticky thread I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I know of at least one poster with such a fondness for cheap alcohol and little else to do that they'd keep the thread afloat by themselves midweek if necessary, so cast away such worries :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Oh here Rb, just for you,

shovel.jpg

Now you will be able to get your little digs in easier..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That's a mighty fine shovel you've got there.

Also, digs? I don't see any "digs" in my above post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Why don't you start a thread there and ask the mods to sticky it? I'm sure they will if enough people are posting in it.

There's a what did I have for dinner last night thread in food and drink that was unstickied but is always on the first page because people post in it all the time. If it's popular enough it might not even need to be stickied.

Advertisement