Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to learn to dive in Oz

Options
  • 01-08-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I''m wondering if anyone has experience of doing a PADI or SSI course in Western Australia compared to Queensland? I'm in Perth at the minute, hoping to drive up towards Coral Bay and Exmouth as part or a WA sight seeing holiday in Spetember and after that we'l be flying to Cairns. Is there a cheapest spot to do an open water training course? They seem to cost about $550 from Exmouth to dive the Ningaloo reef. I'm wondering should I pay that and then just do a day or so dive trip on the barrier reef. Or would I be better off just snorkelling over here and shelling out for an open water course on the East Coast?

(On a completely separate topic, has anyone done any wwoofing in Australia and have you enjoyed it?)

Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement