Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Bleech.

• 01-08-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for some advice about my hair. I want to have blonde hair (as light as possible.) For the last year or so, i've been using the lightest shade of Nice n' Easy hair colour. I think its called ultra light ash blonde 88. Admittedly this does do a good job and my hair is now a dark shade of blonde. Some friends have recommended i use a bleech instead as my natural colour is quite a dark brown. I would be willing to give this a try...
    Could anyone out there tell me what brand i could buy and where i can get it!
    Thanks in advance for all your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

There is a lighter shade of nice and easy SB1, you could try that before you try bleach as it can be harsh.
    SB1 is the very lightest colour and I top up my roots between hairdresser visits with it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Normster

not meaning to hijack your thread, but I was just about to post a similar thread!

I'm going from dark brown to blonde but I went into a hairdresser. My friend did it buy dying her hair an all over light brown then getting highlights in the hairdressers.. when I suggested this to my hairdresser she said no that I would have to keep getting highlights untill the whole thing went blonde, plus that way there would be no obvious regrowth.

The highlights are pure bleach so maybe thats why she said that. The hair colour won't lift the dark colour possibly. You could get a highlighting kit and try it yourself.

Anyone know why the hairdresser recommended going from dark to blonde through highlighting over and over again rather than putting in an all over colour?

surely they are harder on your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

bronte wrote: »
    There is a lighter shade of nice and easy SB1, you could try that before you try bleach as it can be harsh.
    SB1 is the very lightest colour and I top up my roots between hairdresser visits with it. :)

Thanks!! I had seen this coulour before but i don't think it would give me the coulour i'm after..I think 'm pretty set on the bleech at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Normster wrote: »
    not meaning to hijack your thread, but I was just about to post a similar thread!

I'm going from dark brown to blonde but I went into a hairdresser. My friend did it buy dying her hair an all over light brown then getting highlights in the hairdressers.. when I suggested this to my hairdresser she said no that I would have to keep getting highlights untill the whole thing went blonde, plus that way there would be no obvious regrowth.

The highlights are pure bleach so maybe thats why she said that. The hair colour won't lift the dark colour possibly. You could get a highlighting kit and try it yourself.

Anyone know why the hairdresser recommended going from dark to blonde through highlighting over and over again rather than putting in an all over colour?

When i went to the hairdressers, she didn't want to do an all over colour at all for some reason! As well as that, hairdressers will normally only do a coulour that is up to 3 shades lighter than your natural coulour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Normster wrote: »

A lot of hairdressers say "we'll do it gradually with highlights because it's more gentle on your hair" but it's not. With an all over tint, the whole head can just be lightened once and from then on you usually just need to do the roots. With highlights, the same parts of your hair are often bleached over and over. I believe hairdressers push you to get highlights for money. Highlights are a huge earner for them, usually at least €100- a tint is a fraction of this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Normster

My hairdresser does my hair for free (don't ask!) so there has to be another reason. Maybe they are afraid you won't like the dramatic change all at once.

All over hair colour still seems like the logical way to go.

Advertisement