Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCTS 70-536 exam

Options
  • 01-08-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all! :)
    I find this site interesting and helpful for a person who seeks opinions about MS certification like me.

I used to work for a web development company (year 2003) as a web programmer who used classic ASP, HTML, VB, Javascript and SQL server 2000 and MS Access.
    The last project/job I had was SAP-ABAP programming 3 years ago (which is I know, a bit different from my first job).

I now aim to go back to web programming (which is I think more fun) and been overwhelmed how web development has evolved (in the .NET platform). It made me more eager to pursue when I learned the enormous enhancements since the last time I was involved with web dev.

I am planning to take the .NET foundation exam (70-536) come September or October this year. And then take the ASP.NET 3.5 exam (70-562) hopefully after a month.
    I have enrolled in an online self-paced class wherein they provide e-books (such as training kit books) & skillsoft training materials.

Could anybody please give some advice if these materials are enough for me to pass the exams?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
    A
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

The .NET foundations exam is a bit of slog to get through for most people as it involves going back to basics on stuff they may be using quite a bit. As you are learning from scratch you might find that this is a bit easier for you.

The MCTS training kit is a bit weak at times and needs to be supplemented with some good old fashioned web browsing and programming to understand the concepts.

I have a couple of posts on my blog which might help you out

Any questions just come back and ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 amorasa

Thanks for that, Ginger. :)

I was actually browsing your blog few days ago and I find it really helpful.
    Yeah, I think you're right. I have to read some basics and check the demo questions to be prepared for the exam. The concepts of .NET & OOP are the ones that I should give more focus, I guess.

Cheers,
    A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Its not an exam on programming methodology but on the underlying framework so sure you look at things like App Domains, Threading, Security and know Compression

Advertisement